TICKET GIVEAWAY! MIKA in Lyon, 13th April 2024

On 4/12/2024 at 12:53 AM, Jaela said:

Final update for everyone worried they'll get assaulted by a bunch of rap fans at the event: I took one for the team and listened to some of this guy's songs, and I can now confidently say this is "music" which only teenage girls will listen to. You'll see it on his Instagram too, it's only young girls in the comments. I doubt any real hiphop fan would go out of their way to see this guy. So really, no worries, at most you're going to be judged or stared at by a group of wannabe mean girl middle schoolers who think we're all freaks for listening to Mika instead of to "popular" music, but that's probably the worst that could happen. 

Thanks @Jaela

The rapper VACRA's mini interview and LIVE clip is here, he's not a rough guy. :original:

@AnaSTA

Let your husband know his performances.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AnaSTA said:

Yes, I am talking about a special ethnic group of the population, I would not like it to sound rude.

I think it was pretty evident from the get go to most of us that that is what you meant. I suppose we should let the mods decide whether such a racist comment can be tolerated on this forum or not. Have you forgotten 50% of Mika's DNA is also of that "special ethnic group"? I'm afraid when you generalize an entire group of people, it's going to sound rude no matter how you phrase it. 

We don't have to be naive and deny that there is a rampant homophobia issue among young boys (and some girls), and that indeed there is overlap between those who listen to rap and those who uphold a culture of toxic masculinity, but I can assure you, as a lesbian, from personal experience that I have had more issues with white boys than with Arabs or any other ethnic group. I feel safer to show my pride in big, diverse cities like Amsterdam and Utrecht than i do in the majorly white town where i grew up, where i don't even dare to bring my rainbow tote bag out with me. 

It's cute that you try to spin this now as though you are concerned for us, his young LGBTQ+ fans, when it's just a thin veil to cover your own racism and islamophobia with. We have plenty of people in this fandom too who are of Arabic/Maghreb/muslim descent, I would mind your words a little more if i were you :)

Edited by Jaela
  • Like 8

Lastly, homophobic cowards attack you when you're alone and vulnerable, not when you're with a whole pack and are at an event with security all around. I personally wouldn't be worried for my safety if i was there. As we have seen last time in Lyon, there is more risk to get hurt at a Mika concert, caused by Mika fans themselves, than there likely will be at this event 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 6

Trop contente, on est en route pour y aller j’ai reçu le billet hier 😁🎉🎉🎉🎉 Mille merci effectivement petit soucis avec l’adresse mail … grrr la technologie 😅

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jaela said:

I suppose we should let the mods decide whether such a racist comment can be tolerated on this forum or not.

Racist comments are not tolerated. I see the author has already deleted her post herself, otherwise we'd have done that.

I don't know if you and @Joanjettkinnie might want the quote to be gone from your posts as well - if you do, feel free to edit or delete your posts, or we can do it if you prefer that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone :bye: I can't find the link to the mac donald's online site with the recorded concert details. The link that was in my ap seems to be gone. Has anyone saved it please? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi everyone :bye: I can't find the link to the mac donald's online site with the recorded concert details. The link that was in my ap seems to be gone. Has anyone saved it please? 

EDIT

I found it and the time period to watch it as well

Pour visualiser votre replay, rendez-vous entre le 25/04/2024 et le 09/05/2024 inclus sur le site partenaire :
https://mcdomusictour.replay.universalmusic.fr/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

On 4/13/2024 at 5:08 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

EDIT

I found it and the time period to watch it as well

Pour visualiser votre replay, rendez-vous entre le 25/04/2024 et le 09/05/2024 inclus sur le site partenaire :
https://mcdomusictour.replay.universalmusic.fr/

I hope they will give a free access to the MFC as a reward for helping them to fill the venue :wink2:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, carafon said:

I hope they will give a free access to the MFC as a reward for helping them filling the venue :wink2:

Win-win situation: We had free entry and we helped fill the venue and provided the energy. :biggrin2:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, carafon said:

I hope they will give a free access to the MFC as a reward for helping them filling the venue :wink2:

They totally should :thumb_yello: I hope they leave it online too :pray:

• Like 4