Hello everyone! 👋

BeccaMB

Hello MFC! Delighted to join you all here. I joined a few days ago but only just had time to figure out how the forum works! 

I discovered Mika when Grace Kelly was riding high, through a teenager I used to tutor when I lived in Slovenia, but I didn't immediately become a huge fan. She gave me loads of new music and Mika stood out, but life was pretty rubbish for the next few years and I didn't follow it up. About 5 or so years later, a new friend of mine who was exploring his sexuality told me how amazing he thought Mika was, and we watched some videos on YouTube together. And that was it, I was totally hooked and bought all the albums and listened loads. The last couple of years Mika has really been the soundtrack of my life (as my Spotify Wrapped keeps demonstrating!) So I was very excited to see him live (for the first time) in Brighton last week. Now I'm even more hooked, and I've been following all the MFC posts on Insta, so I thought it was time to join you all! 🥰🫶

What else to say? I live in Nottingham, UK with my husband. I'm bi, have ADHD and am trying to focus my work on my creative writing. I believe in joy, and that love is the important thing, even when the world is dark.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and talking all things Mika! ❤️🌈🪽

• Like 7

Hi and :welcomeani: @BeccaMB 

I'm CJ in the UK and also proudly waving the bi (and ace) flag!

First time seeing Mika is a most magical experience that you'll never forget! Will you be seeing him again any time soon?

If you have any questions about the forum feel free to ask!

Have fun here! 😊

There's more to discover about Mika here too that you might be interested in:

• Like 4

Hello and welcome Becca!

I enjoyed reading about your journey to finding Mika and am glad you found us.

As CJ pointed out, lots of us bi (and neurospicy) folk here ;)

If you want to tell us more about the Brighton gig, this would be the place:

And if you have any other questions about the forum, don't hesitate to ask!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

First time seeing Mika is a most magical experience that you'll never forget! Will you be seeing him again any time soon?

Thank you so much for the welcome 🙏 

And I will go to see Mika again at the first opportunity I get! Unfortunately I have a family wedding at the same time as the dates this summer, but will be keeping an eye out for more! It was the best experience, definitely the best concert I've been to, and just so full of joy. Totally magical like you say! ❤️

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

As CJ pointed out, lots of us bi (and neurospicy) folk here ;)

If you want to tell us more about the Brighton gig, this would be the place:

I love how many of us are bi (or other parts of the LGBTQIA+ family!) and neurospicy. Definitely found my people! 

Thank you so much for the welcome 🙏 

And thanks! I just posted some pics and videos in the Brighton thread. I love watching them back and remembering the amazing atmosphere! 🌈🥰

Edited by BeccaMB
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, BeccaMB said:

I love how many of us are bi (or other parts of the LGBTQIA+ family!) and neurospicy. Definitely found my people! 

I mean definitely not a coincidence :D

We also have a thread for that if you ever wanna chat with our other queer mfc family members:

And yess I know what you mean about the concerts being pure joy and magic :heart:

• Like 2

Hi @BeccaMB

I'm Eriko from Japan, welcome to the MFC ! :welcomeani:

If you'd like to know everything about Mika,

Mika Encyclopedia by @kreacher helps !!

or you're looking for something about MIKA / MFC, someone will answer to your questions.

Have fun at here !! :bye:

• Like 3

Welcome at MFC @BeccaMB:welcomeani:

Nice to meet you!

Your introduction is very interesting. Me too, years ago, I'm literally hooked by the music of Mika, and now Mika and his music always accompany me in my everyday life so I understand you very well! :yes:

I'm sure you'll know and meet many new friends here to talk about Mika! 

Bye! See you around! :bye:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BeccaMB said:

Thank you everyone for the lovely welcome! :hug: I'm slowly finding my way around here and looking forward to chatting more to you all! :heart:

Maybe this thread can help you to find your way around here

• Like 1