To prove that we all have a life outside this website!

I don't think that I do have a lilfe outside of this website.

I can't think of my favourite book or film. I think that my brain has turned to mush in the same way that it does when you've just had a baby.

In fact, being addicted to this site is just about as tiring and time-consuming as actually having a newborn baby! :naughty:

:blink::lmao: you are so right:boxed:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fav. books: The House of the Spirits, Adrian Mole, sono pazza di te, the Time Traveller's Wife, a Handmaid's tale, 100 years of solitude (especially the very last page:thumb_yello: )

Fav. Films: Fried Green Tomatoes, When Harry met Sally, Ghost World, Forrest Gump, French Kiss, E.T., the Sword in the Stone

Books: The Mists Of Avalon, Anne Frank's Diary, Harry Potter (all of them :bleh: ),...........

Films: Charlie and The Chocolate Factory :wub2: , Braveheart, Forrest Gump,........

Well I resisted Harry Potter for ages, thinking that I would not get sucked into it, then gave in and read them all at once.

When I was ill a few years ago, I also re-read all of the Enid Blyton books that I had read as a child, and then some more, I really enjoyed that too. :blush-anim-cl:

I used to love those books,Malory towers,St claires,The faraway tree...I want to read them now.

Fave book: hmmm this is hard I read alot of books. Harry Potter,lost art of keeping secrets and The Odyssey.

Fave Movie: Again hard....Labyrinth,Pan's Labyrinth and Rocky horror show.:punk: oh and Tim Burton's charlie and the choc factory.

To kill a mocking bird... Bill Bryson's Notes from a small Island...

:punk: The Green Mile, 4 Weddings and a Funeral, All about a boy, :punk: Hot Fuzz:punk:

But to be honest I've not been able to concentrate on films much lately or had much time for books though I usually love reading...

I've got so many favourites! It's going to be hard choosing :(

Books: In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez, Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and The Yacoubian Building by Alaa Al-Aswany.

Movies: The Invisible Circus, Memoirs of a Geisha and Perfume: The Story fo a Murder.

I live for music, books and movies, so I've got SO many favourites, choosing was so hard :crybaby:

Sou, I am surprised, the books you listed are all my favorite!

I also like Orhan Pamuk.

I love driving, gardening, singing, arts, sooooo many things.

I am at work-it is kinda slow day ha ha- and it is time to get back to work.

This forum is amazing. So many people from all over the world. Isn't it wonderful to see an artist make so, so many people happy?

like sou and girlinblue, i loved kite runner. touching! i also like Center of the World, by Andreas steinhofel.

a really dark and wonderfully written novel- one of my favorites- is Night by elie wiesel...it's a horrifically poignant about the holocaust (something i've always been fascinated with, although i don't know why.)

my favorite author for the past DECADE (i think i'll love him all my life) is roald dahl; i read all of his children's books as a kid and am in the midst of finishing all his older novels soon enough! i love RD cause he's got a style that transcends all age barriers. lovehimlovehimlovehim :)

and then there are the funny books: the georgia nicholson series..:roftl:

i find her goddarn hilarious.

i love books.

don't get me started on movies! it's 2.30 am, for goodness' sake :bleh:

my favorite author for the past DECADE (i think i'll love him all my life) is roald dahl; i read all of his children's books as a kid and am in the midst of finishing all his older novels soon enough! i love RD cause he's got a style that transcends all age barriers. lovehimlovehimlovehim :)

and then there are the funny books: the georgia nicholson series..:roftl:

i find her goddarn hilarious.

RD, wow...talk about memories!!! My favourite by him must've been 'The Twits', Mrs. Twit scared the living daylights out of me! hahaha. Wait wait, 'James and the Giant Peach' was my favourite, or 'BFG'. You know what, I won't choose a favourite because they're all amazing! :wink2:

I didn't know he wrote Books for an adult audience, I'll make sure to check them out!

GN's books! They're just "fabbity-fab"!!! I couldn't find parts 5,6 or 7 over here though :( Never to fear, Amazon is here, lol...If I buy more books and I'm going to be SO broke! I just bought 'The Red Tent' by Anita Diamant online the other day, can't wait till it arrives! :D

wow...you love all the books i do! :)

mrs twit DID scare me...especially when they hung her upside down at the end, haha...:bleh:...can't choose a fave RD either. loved The Witches...BFG too...list goes on! He's got many young adult and older reader novels out, and he has the same style when writing them. awesome.

Lol...Georgia nicholson opened up a whole new vocabulary for me. i keep typing "vair" instead of very now! read all the books, lucky me! you should too; they're all hilarious.

I've heard of the red tent, but it wasn't available at my library. :( i'll look it up!

wow...you love all the books i do! :)

mrs twit DID scare me...especially when they hung her upside down at the end, haha...:bleh:...can't choose a fave RD either. loved The Witches...BFG too...list goes on! He's got many young adult and older reader novels out, and he has the same style when writing them. awesome.

Lol...Georgia nicholson opened up a whole new vocabulary for me. i keep typing "vair" instead of very now! read all the books, lucky me! you should too; they're all hilarious.

I've heard of the red tent, but it wasn't available at my library. :( i'll look it up!

Vair! Hahaha, "nippy noodles", "nervy spaz" and can you believe she called the toilet "tarts wardrobe"? Insane! I love her, I seriously do!

Forgot to mention, I'm reading 'The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green' by Joshua Braff and 'Muhajababes' by Allegra Stratton. Oh, and Pride and Prejudice for my Comparative Lit. class. With all due respect to those who consider the book a favourite....I can't stand it. It's painfully slow - so slow that I bought the audio-book to prevent myself from falling asleep while reading it! :shocked:

It's hard to choose my favourite, so i'll mention some

Books: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury, The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway, some modern russian writer. And i also like "The BFG" by Roald Dahl - i read it as part of my final project at University. Linguistically very interesting!

Films: : Knocking On Heaven's Door, Moonlight Tariff, original title: MONDSCHEINTARIF (I really like European movies), also Benny & Joon, Gladiator, Leon and ...

Anakin, you've read 'The Yacoubian Building'?! What did you think of it?? :)

:mf_lustslow: that's one of my favourite book at the moment !! The egyptian society is sooo very well described !

Has anyone here read "les bienveillantes" by Jonathan Littell ? Those who did what did you think of it ???

Here in France there's a real debate over that book so I'd like to have opinions :thumb_yello:

No I haven't - I will look for it. I enjoyed the book Captain Corelli's Mandolin - then saw the film - and was very disappointed.

Captain Corelli's Mandolin is my favourite book:thumb_yello: . (I knew Hollywood would ruin it. Have never brought myself to watch all of the film, but once when it was on TV curiosity got the better of me to see what ending they had given it ... yuk :puking: ... the very thought of it now is annoying me. How could they ruin such a wonderful page turner?)

As for favourite film, that would have to be Gone With the Wind.

And before anyone asks ... no, I haven't read Margaret Mitchell's book. (after my criticisms above I really feel I should:wink2: )

Favourite book: To Kill A Mockingbird, loved it since school.

Favourite Film: The original Star Wars films and all the Indiana Jones films, The Usual Suspects and an old black and white film called The Women, which is unusual as it has only women starring in it, no men at all.

:mf_lustslow: that's one of my favourite book at the moment !! The egyptian society is sooo very well described !

That's why a lot of Egyptian disapproved the book and the movie. They claimed Al-Aswany described a corrupted, extremist Egypt. However, I disagree. I think that Yacoubian Building shows the life underneath the glam; know what I mean?

The embezzling politicians, the religious extremists, unrequited love, homosexuality, poverty....etc. As an Egyptian living abroad, I felt that the book completed the circle of understanding I have of Egypt; I understood the 'dark side'.

Fav film Four Weddings and a funeral andCharlie and the Chocolate Factory nearly forgot Pirates of the Caribbean (the cast-ohh.. Jonny Depp,Orlando Bloom) left a week before we went to St Lucia but still reminds me of our wedding!)

Books-oh I read about a book a week when ill and can`t get up from bed and then have insomnia!

Think fav from childhood has to be Charlie and the Chocolate Factory again it made me think that wishes sometimes do come true.

xx

• 1 year later...
Favourite book

Favourite film?

Me; book, Kite Runner and House of the Spirits and In Cold Blood (couldn't choose!)

Film, Donnie Darko, Hannah and her Sisters, When Harry Met Sally (memories!)

Couldn't choose just one - say as many as you like.

WE DO HAVE A LIFE! KEEP TELLING YOURSELF!

book: umm ive read quite a few good ones,

film: ahh, i haave too many favorites

but i do have a life tonight XD i am going to the movies with a group of friends XD