• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll send u the clips if you give me ur emails...clips are really bad quality...its just Bono screaming and warped guitars...

BUT WHO CARES?

If it's that bad, then I'll wait for the album :roftl:

Thanks anyway!

Singer BONO has reportedly been told to lose weight so he can cope with a gruelling world tour.

The U2 frontman has been ordered to shed the pounds so that he is fit enough for a stint of live shows to promote the band's forthcoming album, according to the New York Post.

A source tells the newspaper, "U2 have an album coming out around January. And then the band is going on another world tour in March and April - so the boys have been told to start exercising all the summer weight off."

Source: contactmusic

:naughty: Poor Bono. heavy.gif

Notice the album is coming out in January now......:wink2: Apparently..

So I noticed :sad:... I hope first single comes out pretty soon then...

I can't even believe how long it's been since I came in this thread!

So, do any of you have the remastered versions of "Boy", and so on? I want it so badly, but I just can't afford it!:thumbdown:

Not I...

I can't quite justify buying another copy of Boy when I bought one a few months ago...

Oh, okay...

Kelzy copied all the albums onto a disc for me.. though I don't think any of them are the remastered ones...

ah.... Well, when I go to the CD store, I won't mind if I buy the remastered or the normal ones... I mean, it' cheaper...

U2 have delayed the release of their 12th studio album.

The move comes after it was widely reported that the record would be released in November.

Frontman Bono has now confirmed the LP, which is currently being completed in southern France, will not surface until early 2009.

He said: "I thought a while back we might have the album wrapped by now, but why come up above ground if there's more priceless stuff to be found?"

'Early impression'

The singer went on: "I'm always the one who underestimates how easy it is to simply 'put out the songs now'.

"If it was just up to me they'd be out already! But early next year people will be able to start hearing what we've been doing.

"We want 2009 to be our year, so we're going to start making an impression very early on."

The album was rumoured to be titled No Line On The Horizon but Bono shed no further light on the subject.

'Best album'

But the singer did promise a change of direction on the new record.

"It's a brand new chapter for us, and everyone we've played the tracks to has said that musically it feels like another departure," he wrote on the band's website.

We know we have to emerge soon but we also know that people don't want another U2 album unless it is our best ever album

"The last two records were very personal, with a kind of three-piece at their heart, the primary colours of rock - bass, guitars and drum.

"But what we're about now is of the same order as the transition that took us from The Joshua Tree to Achtung Baby."

Following sessions with producers Danny Lanois and Brian Eno in Dublin and Morocco, the singer explained that the Irish quartet have amassed up to 60 songs to choose from.

"We've hit a rich songwriting vein," Bono explained. "It gets a bit dark down here but looks like we've found diamonds not coal.

"We know we have to emerge soon but we also know that people don't want another U2 album unless it is our best ever album.

"It has to be our most innovative, our most challenging or what's the point?".

Bono said it was about being afraid to get laid...HA-HA-HA-HA!

I laugh at you 1981 Bono

Awwww... poor 1981 Bono...

I'm sure if he tried, he'd have no problems getting laid :das:

U2 have delayed the release of their 12th studio album.

The move comes after it was widely reported that the record would be released in November.

Frontman Bono has now confirmed the LP, which is currently being completed in southern France, will not surface until early 2009.

He said: "I thought a while back we might have the album wrapped by now, but why come up above ground if there's more priceless stuff to be found?"

'Early impression'

The singer went on: "I'm always the one who underestimates how easy it is to simply 'put out the songs now'.

"If it was just up to me they'd be out already! But early next year people will be able to start hearing what we've been doing.

"We want 2009 to be our year, so we're going to start making an impression very early on."

The album was rumoured to be titled No Line On The Horizon but Bono shed no further light on the subject.

'Best album'

But the singer did promise a change of direction on the new record.

"It's a brand new chapter for us, and everyone we've played the tracks to has said that musically it feels like another departure," he wrote on the band's website.

We know we have to emerge soon but we also know that people don't want another U2 album unless it is our best ever album

"The last two records were very personal, with a kind of three-piece at their heart, the primary colours of rock - bass, guitars and drum.

"But what we're about now is of the same order as the transition that took us from The Joshua Tree to Achtung Baby."

Following sessions with producers Danny Lanois and Brian Eno in Dublin and Morocco, the singer explained that the Irish quartet have amassed up to 60 songs to choose from.

"We've hit a rich songwriting vein," Bono explained. "It gets a bit dark down here but looks like we've found diamonds not coal.

"We know we have to emerge soon but we also know that people don't want another U2 album unless it is our best ever album.

"It has to be our most innovative, our most challenging or what's the point?".

:jawdrop:

Okay.... I was hoping it would be released this year, but if they need to make it their best ever, than I can wait... I'm really looking forward to it... my first U2 release as a fan! :FG: :wub2:

That italic bit is interesting... I hope so, cause I love Achtung Baby...

Thanks for the info Freddie! :thumb_yello:

I think it's worth waiting for... It's the only thing I'm definitely excited for...

I'm not really excited about Mika's album (partly cause of the fact that he cancelled on the Aussies to do the album and partly cause some of the somes that he's apparently putting on the album don't sound that good to me)... and I've got no clues if he even plans on coming back to Australia so it might just be another year of watching other people get excitable over gigs :tears::thumbdown:...

Bono LIED!

HE SAID NOV AND NOW HE PULLS

WB Harry Potter Release Date Sh*t On Us!

This Better Blow Achtung Out Of The Water B-Vox! U And UR Little Producer Friends...EVEN ANTON...Are Hyping This Thing Up

BIG TIME

sulk :(

You seem a little upset there... :naughty:

I'm pretty annoyed about it too... But I'll forgive him cause he hasn't lied to Aussie fans about touring (yet)...

Are they really hyping it up? Wow... It better be good then...

• 1 month later...

I'm in the U.S, so I couldn't watch it on T.V, but I watched it online and it provided some great insights into the way Edge approachs guitar playing!

BTW I HATE the shades Bono wears now...srsly, at least with his Fly shades he new he looked like and idiot...

The_Fly_4-1.jpg

THOSE FLY SHADES-WERE-KICK-ASSSSSSSSS!