• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your in good company!!

Try and see them live next year:punk::thumb_yello:

Thanks!:thumb_yello:

People got insane when they came to Portugal the last time!:roftl:

The tickets sold out so fast! People slept in tents on the street just to buy a ticket!:roftl:

I agree!! thats why I joined the fan club :punk:

Tickets will be like gold dust

Do you have any idea if they will preform anywhere around london during July??

(reason i ask is because i will be in london in July for Oasis and Kasabian so it will be a good chance also to see a U2 concert......*wishful thinking*)

But it’s easier to buy a ticket if you belong to the fan club?:blink:

Yep, cause as Freddie said, they offer presale tickets..

Do you have any idea if they will preform anywhere around london during July??

(reason i ask is because i will be in london in July for Oasis and Kasabian so it will be a good chance also to see a U2 concert......*wishful thinking*)

We haven't heard anything yet... hopefully we'll hear something around the time they release the album... and if they're coming to Sydney any time soon, I'm going! I don't care if I have classes or I have to work!

U2 Booked for a full WEEK!

Link

Irish rock kings U2 are set to appear on David Letterman's 'Late Show' for an entire week.

The band will be Letterman's musical guest each night starting from March 2nd,

the first time a musical group has been given a solid week on the CBS show.

It's all designed to promote their upcoming album 'No Line on the Horizon' -

which will be released in the US on March 3rd.

:jawdrop::punk:

what?!, first a whole hour show on conan then a whole week on letterman! this certainly makes me giddy...it would have been nicer to have it on conan's show but letterman's funny too...

hehehe,, i'm thinking of all the people who can't stand U2, but might see them everynight for a week on the show:naughty:

I'm not even gonna ask how you came across those lego pictures :roftl:

also i headed over to the u2.com site, and for members there's a new video of Adam playing around with a "Batman" guitar, nice to see more of this side of Adam plus Larry's expression is hilarious. I'm sure someone will be quite 'content' with a Adam-focused piece...:naughty:

U2 Booked for a full WEEK!

Link

Irish rock kings U2 are set to appear on David Letterman's 'Late Show' for an entire week.

The band will be Letterman's musical guest each night starting from March 2nd,

the first time a musical group has been given a solid week on the CBS show.

It's all designed to promote their upcoming album 'No Line on the Horizon' -

which will be released in the US on March 3rd.

:jawdrop::punk:

Oh yes... I erm... happened to see that on u2.com last night and forgot to mention it...

Please forgive me!!

I know we get Letterman and Conan, but they're not old or anything, are they?

what?!, first a whole hour show on conan then a whole week on letterman! this certainly makes me giddy...it would have been nicer to have it on conan's show but letterman's funny too...

hehehe,, i'm thinking of all the people who can't stand U2, but might see them everynight for a week on the show:naughty:

Ooooooh.... watching people who hate U2... I would love to see them squirm! :naughty:

I'm not even gonna ask how you came across those lego pictures :roftl:

also i headed over to the u2.com site, and for members there's a new video of Adam playing around with a "Batman" guitar, nice to see more of this side of Adam plus Larry's expression is hilarious. I'm sure someone will be quite 'content' with a Adam-focused piece...:naughty:

A wonderful little thing called Google (how I love thee!)

:jawdrop:

ADAM???? I've gotta find this!

(yes, I am someone who would be content with an Adam focused piece...)

yeah they're both adorable...in fact they are all!

There's a part 2 to a really good interview via The Observer. It's mainly Bono but also has snippets of Adam, Edge, & Larry too. It's a lengthy read but a great long read. It really had me laughing, smiling, and pondering...good facial exercises. :naughty:

U2 Interview-The Observer

One of my fav quotes:

"You know, it's like that thing that people said about U2, that most bands start off writing about girls and end up writing about God, but we started off writing about God and ended up writing about girls. But we found the God in the girls, that would be my retort."-Bono

Also a short video to watch...

yeah they're both adorable...in fact they are all!

There's a part 2 to a really good interview via The Observer. It's mainly Bono but also has snippets of Adam, Edge, & Larry too. It's a lengthy read but a great long read. It really had me laughing, smiling, and pondering...good facial exercises. :naughty:

U2 Interview-The Observer

One of my fav quotes:

"You know, it's like that thing that people said about U2, that most bands start off writing about girls and end up writing about God, but we started off writing about God and ended up writing about girls. But we found the God in the girls, that would be my retort."-Bono

Also a short video to watch...

They certainly are adorable! I think they're all great... some of Larry's reactions to things and how he says things are really funny!

Have you watched the video of Larry talking to Edge about drumming? It's so cute... Edge likes red ones :naughty:

Nice quote! It's definitely something Bono would say...

I'm not finished yet, but I really like (and agree with) what Bono says about Christians and how they act towards those less fortunate... this quote is great:

He says that a lot of people he most admires are non-believers. Bill Gates. Warren Buffett. "People who are prepared to spend their entire life's fortune trying to make the lives of people they don't know a lot better. These people are more Christian than the Christians. Zealotry and certainty are worrying for me. Love keeps religion from zealotry."

Edited by nico_collard

One of my fav quotes:

Gotta love a man who can worship a woman. :wub2::naughty:

I'm not finished yet, but I really like (and agree with) what Bono says about Christians and how they act towards those less fortunate... this quote is great:

He says that a lot of people he most admires are non-believers. Bill Gates. Warren Buffett. "People who are prepared to spend their entire life's fortune trying to make the lives of people they don't know a lot better. These people are more Christian than the Christians. Zealotry and certainty are worrying for me. Love keeps religion from zealotry."

I like that. :thumb_yello: I have to say that my experience with religion was a stepping stone - undeniably important, but not the full path.

And this bit is interesting:

Quote:

For now, there is enough material left over from the sessions for an album that, Bono says, will be released before the end of the year.

:punk:

I like that. :thumb_yello: I have to say that my experience with religion was a stepping stone - undeniably important, but not the full path.

:punk:

For sure!

I read it and found it incredibly true... I know not all Christians are like that, but there are quite a few who sort of act all religious and whatever on Sundays, but any other time they wouldn't help someone else if they needed it...

Not saying I'm all high and mighty and a poster girl for religion, but a lot of people do think that way...

I''m hoping that if they do release the other material onto a CD, it's released in October... the 23rd to be exact... :naughty:

Originally Posted by Kelzy

Yeah I was reading that quote when it went from enlightening to what?! :blink: hilarious! :naughty:

I read it and found it incredibly true... I know not all Christians are like that, but there are quite a few who sort of act all religious and whatever on Sundays, but any other time they wouldn't help someone else if they needed it...

Not saying I'm all high and mighty and a poster girl for religion, but a lot of people do think that way...

I''m hoping that if they do release the other material onto a CD, it's released in October... the 23rd to be exact... :naughty:

I love that quote as well, in fact that was the other one I was gonna post. :thumb_yello:

It was great of Bono to point that out, cause some people need a new perspective about superority in religions and beliefs. That's why I love the concept of "coexist" so much, it just makes sense to support each other.

oooooh...is that a special day for you...perhaps when you graced this earth...:harp: