Adam quotes...

About being in U2:

"How many people really have friendships that have survived 20 years? I value it and think it's an amazing achievement."

JO WHILEY: What's the biggest event of your life so far, it's a major question?

ADAM CLAYTON: So far, well, the biggest one I was there for has to be my own birth, at nine months after my conception. So, that's a big one, and I'm still getting over it.

Adam: We're not a packet of cornflakes. You know what I mean.

Bono: That's very deep, Adam. Could you explain that?

Adam: Well, do you buy cornflakes depending on where the money's going?

(pause)

Bono: Good question.

Edge: F**kin' heavy. (laughter)

Edge is looking at his handheld computer to check on the weather forecast.

'Apparently it's raining now! ' he says.

'Yes,' says Adam, with a grin. 'Have you looked outside Edge?'

The cornflake one sure is heavy :naughty:

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my husband downloaded no line on the horizon. but i didn't want to listen, felt like opening my presents a week before christmas.....but there it was, just lying on my table......staring at me.........winking......smiling.....:blink: So I listened.............:cool:

It's really growing on me :punk:

Ok, my husband downloaded no line on the horizon. but i didn't want to listen, felt like opening my presents a week before christmas.....but there it was, just lying on my table......staring at me.........winking......smiling.....:blink: So I listened.............:cool:

It's really growing on me :punk:

Good girl!

I quite like it!

I actually went and pre ordered it at one of the music shops, and the guy there asked which version I wanted... so it looks like they'll get more than one version of the album... :blink:

Cornflakes :lmfao:

I've heard the album! I really like a few songs!! And I'm going to listen to it again now.

Some of the things that come out of Adam's mouth are frigging weird, but I love him anyways :wub2:

I can't see the dropdown bar... and I checked in IE and Firefox...

Damn...

That's weird...click on these thumbnails to help u out...

the drop down menu should appear:

th_myspace_u2_player-1.png

then the playlist should appear like this:

th_nloh_list-1.png

I'm listening to the album on myspace now since u2.com is displaying a message for the new site....I was like nooooo!....but then it got me excited cause it means we're getting closer to tour dates and maybe pre-sales...

I agree with "Moment of Surrender. It's still iffy for me...I love the lyrics and the very end but the rest sorta reminds me of 90's Ricky Martin (don't ask)...not that it is bad...just not my fav so far! :naughty: I think it will grow on me too maybe it will be better live.

That birth quote from Adam made me giggle..."i'm still getting over it." :roftl:

Ooooh... will check it out then, even though I don't really need it seeing as I have it on my computer right now...

Moment of Surrender is the only one that I'm leaning towards not liking... The rest of the album is quite good... I'm loving Stand Up Comedy right now! :wub2:

I have to say something though, the line "I wasn't going to buy just anyone's cockatoo"... I have to say WTF??? :blink:

Weird line... though I love the bass in it... it's gorgeous! :wub2:

I've already ordered the vinyl, and I think I got the boxset with the extra video...

I didn't think I'd be able to order it in Orange, but I think I could've... oh well, wouldn't have been any cheaper...

I ordered the box set......because you guys made me do it..:sneaky2::naughty:

well i didn't...but now i'm suckered in :doh:

i went on u2.com and saw that it's up now in its revamped site. yeah! no more myspace interrupting my songs. it's definitely easier to navigate. and there is going to be a pre-sale for subscribers. the new cd bundle sounds very nice...all songs i would love to hear, b-sides! :blush-anim-cl:

I ordered the box set......because you guys made me do it..:sneaky2::naughty:

Nice work!!!

well i didn't...but now i'm suckered in :doh:

i went on u2.com and saw that it's up now in its revamped site. yeah! no more myspace interrupting my songs. it's definitely easier to navigate. and there is going to be a pre-sale for subscribers. the new cd bundle sounds very nice...all songs i would love to hear, b-sides! :blush-anim-cl:

It's been up for the last two days...

The CD would be cool... I'm waiting on my subscribed stuff to come... it's got up to another week, so should be here by next friday...

The site itself is pretty good, but I find that Zootopia is a little hard to get around... that and they insist on each post having a title... so I've been shunning it :naughty:...

Okay, I went to the shops to see if the album was out, and found in my local music shop that it was indeed released! I was actually pulled in by them playing Get On Your Boots, and while I was waiting for my CD, Stand Up Comedy started playing...

Now, the important thing I came on here to mention... they have some pretty cool U2 promo posters in the store... I asked if I could have them, and they said I could come in and claim them when they're finished with them....

Sooooo... Does anyone want a poster?

If you do, let me know in here or by PM :thumb_yello:

Edited by nico_collard

Okies, I found this on U2.com... it's a quiz that Bono and Edge took on a radio show, and the answers are either names of their songs or albums...

Go for it!

1. If you were going hiking, what would you need to do to your feet?

2. What's a more popular term for the first of January ?

3. Name me one of the seven deadly sins ?

4. What is a warning you'd shout to a German toddler?

5. What's the best thing about 'I Can't Believe it's not Butter'?

6. Name me a type of apple ?

7. You might suffer a bout of this at the top of the Empire State Building ?

8. What should you make sure you give to a broken leg to help it heal ?

9. What's always the tastiest item on the desert trolley?

10. Which place would Google maps never work on sat nav?

Ooooh I'd like a poster if someone hasn't already taken you up on your offer. Our local record stores have been closing down :sad: ...so that leaves me Best Buy, Target and the likes...

So just let me know if that wouldn't be too much work for you...

About that quiz you posted...my brain cells must be dull cause i couldn't think of a single answer off the top of my head and i am like zealous with all their lyrics and song titles...yes it must be lack of sleep :fisch:

Bummer. Typing in titles for each post, that would be a many postings never written. I'm as lazy as it already is. :naughty:

Nice work!!!

It's been up for the last two days...

The CD would be cool... I'm waiting on my subscribed stuff to come... it's got up to another week, so should be here by next friday...

The site itself is pretty good, but I find that Zootopia is a little hard to get around... that and they insist on each post having a title... so I've been shunning it :naughty:...

Okay, I went to the shops to see if the album was out, and found in my local music shop that it was indeed released! I was actually pulled in by them playing Get On Your Boots, and while I was waiting for my CD, Stand Up Comedy started playing...

Now, the important thing I came on here to mention... they have some pretty cool U2 promo posters in the store... I asked if I could have them, and they said I could come in and claim them when they're finished with them....

If you do, let me know in here or by PM :thumb_yello:

Hmmm a poster. My husband is still ttrying to get over my Mika poster :naughty:

I'm gonna frame the one thta comes with the box. But thanks for the offer hun! :wub2: I guess my fangurly days are over........:tears:

Ooooh I'd like a poster if someone hasn't already taken you up on your offer. Our local record stores have been closing down... so that leaves me Best Buy, Target and the likes...

So just let me know if that wouldn't be too much work for you...

About that quiz you posted...my brain cells must be dull cause i couldn't think of a single answer off the top of my head and i am like zealous with all their lyrics and song titles...yes it must be lack of sleep

Bummer. Typing in titles for each post, that would be a many postings never written. I'm as lazy as it already is.

Not a problem... I'll go into the shop next week and ask about them... I told the helpful guy behind the counter that I'd come in next week, so I hope he hasn't thrown them by then...

Oooooooh... Target... we don't have Target here... there's some in other towns though! There's one 40 minutes of here, two that are 1 hour away, and one that's 1 1/2 hrs away...

The shop that has the posters is usually very unhelpful, but if you get the right person, they can be very good...

Some of them are very hard... some I thought were easy.. I'll give you a hint... number 4 is an album title, and it was released in the early 1990's...

Ladies and gentlemen.........I've got him :punk:

The box just arrived! it's huge:thumb_yello:

What? No photoshoot? :naughty:

Mine won't get here for a couple of weeks... hopefully it'll get here mid March...

Hmmm a poster. My husband is still ttrying to get over my Mika poster :naughty:

I'm gonna frame the one thta comes with the box. But thanks for the offer hun! :wub2: I guess my fangurly days are over........:tears:

That's okay! I thought I'd ask anyways...

I think my Mika fangirly days are over, but my U2 fangirly days aren't! :naughty: Kelzy and I have talked about... erm..... following them around Australia when they come for a tour...

Noice! And on a rooftop too!

And I hear they stopped traffic. Again.

hehehe...excactly what came to mind...

Ladies and gentlemen.........I've got him :punk:

The box just arrived! it's huge:thumb_yello:

Honestly I thought you meant Bono or another member of the band. :shocked:

Not a problem... I'll go into the shop next week and ask about them... I told the helpful guy behind the counter that I'd come in next week, so I hope he hasn't thrown them by then...

Oooooooh... Target... we don't have Target here... there's some in other towns though! There's one 40 minutes of here, two that are 1 hour away, and one that's 1 1/2 hrs away...

The shop that has the posters is usually very unhelpful, but if you get the right person, they can be very good...

Some of them are very hard... some I thought were easy.. I'll give you a hint... number 4 is an album title, and it was released in the early 1990's...

Coolio...whatever you can do will be just dandy...:thumb_yello: Helpful peeps are always nice...glad you were able to come across one.

Okay second round on the quiz, I got 5 right including #4. Is a trolley a "European" term? Because I was envisioning dessert on a trolley as in San Francisco trolleys that you ride on downtown. That would be awesome though.

Honestly I thought you meant Bono or another member of the band. :shocked:

Coolio...whatever you can do will be just dandy...:thumb_yello: Helpful peeps are always nice...glad you were able to come across one.

Okay second round on the quiz, I got 5 right including #4. Is a trolley a "European" term? Because I was envisioning dessert on a trolley as in San Francisco trolleys that you ride on downtown. That would be awesome though.

I would be very impressed and jealous if you did... espescially if it was Adam... :das:

I don't know if trolley is a European term, but it probably is... For us, the trolleys in San Francisco we would call trams, and the things you push around the supermarket would be a trolley... and so would the little things the air hostesses push around a airplane...