Mika thrashed on Pitchfork

LoveJoy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrmph. I loathe the way she says "churchy teens crying themselves to sleep". Typical. :sneaky2:

Well, if she thinks we are all idiots, so be it! Let's just let her listen to herself talk and be so "smart" (and I bet she had to look that word up in Webster's too) without us! Although she could definitely use some colour or a lolli or two...:roftl:

:shocked: That article is a little rediculous. You almost have to wonder if she even listened to the whole album or just the first 10 seconds of every song. There is absolutely no reason to be that harsh when reviewing an album. Even my sister (who is the most critical person I know when it comes to music) was dancing around her kitchen when I played it for her. It makes me wonder what this woman's CD collection consists of.....

How sad that this reviewer can't allow the happiness of Mika's music to take over...FEAR OF LETTING HER HAIR DOWN??? for God sake. Life doesn't have to be full of prententious bull**** like hers. Take a long walk off a short pier whatever-your-name-is reviewer. Pathetic.

Mhm...let me think...

...I have in mind an english word that sounds almost like "sheet" but it's written in a different manner...

...It's the best and wisest way to comment this article.

Oh, charming English esperia! :naughty: Only you can get away with this! :naughty:

How sad that this reviewer can't allow the happiness of Mika's music to take over...FEAR OF LETTING HER HAIR DOWN??? for God sake. Life doesn't have to be full of prententious bull**** like hers. Take a long walk off a short pier whatever-your-name-is reviewer. Pathetic.

OMGOMG what a review :shocked:

I could not agree more with what you said, it was written by a very sad person:thumb_yello:

Then again, I think it is good that Mika gets either enthusiastic or bad reviews, because it means that his music initiates very strong emotions. I think, that he should be glad, if you know what I mean

Hrmph. I loathe the way she says "churchy teens crying themselves to sleep". Typical. :sneaky2:

Well, if she thinks we are all idiots, so be it! Let's just let her listen to herself talk and be so "smart" (and I bet she had to look that word up in Webster's too) without us! Although she could definitely use some colour or a lolli or two...:roftl:

Apart from the fact that if this website is typical, then teens don't necessarily have the monopoly.

And , no offence younglings, but none of you have struck me as particularly churchy ( I have some in mind :naughty: )

:shocked: That article is a little rediculous. You almost have to wonder if she even listened to the whole album or just the first 10 seconds of every song. There is absolutely no reason to be that harsh when reviewing an album. Even my sister (who is the most critical person I know when it comes to music) was dancing around her kitchen when I played it for her. It makes me wonder what this woman's CD collection consists of.....

Yeah, but it's not as bad as the review from the NME where the man called him a t0sser. :naughty:

Just let it all go, we like it, I don't much care what others think, although it is nice when you get a good review. :)

Apart from the fact that if this website is typical, then teens don't necessarily have the monopoly.

And , no offence younglings, but none of you have struck me as particularly churchy ( I have some in mind :naughty: )

Yeh middlelings and olderlings rule!!! :roftl:

<only joking younglings!>

Yeh churchy younglings!! eerrrrrrrrrrr NOT! <borat styleeee>

Even if someone didnt like Mika at all 1/5 is silly

he rightly says that either people LOVE or HATE his music and he's cool with that, actually that's the attitude he prefers, to cause opposite reactions. means he's so much to give still. and he's open to the new all the time.

and she undoubtedly hates him, no question about that. well, everyone is entitled to her own opinion. I, needless to say, disagree completely with her and I see many of her points are completely ridicolous.. many kids sing/acts in his songs/videos .. so? this is just one of the objections I could rise.

not worth it anyway, I think it's wise not to waste too much time on her. she didn't motivate her dislike with some reasonable (?) points of view.

tolerance and self confidence. we must not lack any of them.

1/5 , and talking of younglings how dare she , we have olderlings and middleings too:thumb_yello:

My thoughts exactly!!

Well let her have her opinion, then it will be recycled into toilet roll. We all know what we do with her comments then!! xx

Haha! It's very rude and nasty! I thought she was gonna say he was a pedophile or something, when she started out telling about all the children on the album :roftl: :roftl:

The review sucks :thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

And I don't really care, i've just wasted precious secunds of my life, reading her ridiculous opinion about my favorite album..

LOL!!!

This article is real mental masturbation!

These self-proclaimed intellectuals being jealous of artists who create something that many people love... But that´s part of every great career, in a few years we will just laugh about such crap.

Markus

Hello Markus, welcome to the board.:welcomeani:

I couldn't help but notice...are you a fan of Placebo by any chance?

What a complete loser with a capital 'L'!!! She should be sacked from her job. I mean, ok, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but she should focus on the good points (Lots) rather than the bad points (very few). What a pathetic review by an even more pathetic reviewer!!! :(:o:(

As for me, I have decided to stop reading nasty reviews ! I know what I think and why I love Mika. I don't need people who don't like him trying to convince me to think different ! It will never work ! It will only comfort me in my positive opinion about Mika !

Yes, I understand what you mean : that's why I read that amount of nonsense but I promise it's the last time I allow temptation to talk louder than sensibility !