mandilambi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's one of my goals in life, to meet Brian and Roger. So whenever the time for Queen + Paul Rodgers to come to Chicago, I'm going to be willing to jump through hoops to see them. :naughty:

It's funny how one of my goals at the Tokyo MIKA show was to meet him, but when Queen and PR came here, I never thought that for a minute. They just seem so much more unreachable.

And I will never think I'm gonna meet someone famous ever again, after the crushing disappointment of NOT meeting Mika in Tokyo...I mean, c'mon, I was the ONLY one at the outside performance holding a MFC poster, MTV even put my photo on their website.... and he still didn't speak to me!!! AAAAAH!

Sometimes you have to protect yourself from the disappointments in life. I guess I was mad at myself for not doing that last weekend.

So I will be happy to just continue to admire Queen and Roger and Brian from afar. I did write to Brian a couple of times about WWRY in Tokyo and got onto his web site that way. He really is a lovely person. And I am better off admiring from afar.

Aw, I am sorry you were let down by not meeting Mika. I know how that feels. You get your hopes so high that when it doesn't happen, it's almost crushing. But I still say always hold a little bit of hope. You never know, you may meet Brian, Mika, whoever...when you least expect it. :)

Just thought I should revive this topic. :thumb_yello:

By the way, anyone heard the song "Someone To Die For"? It's sung by a guy named Jimmy Gnecco and features Brian on guitar. I loves it!

Yeah, great song. It´s included in Spiderman 2 OST

Jimmy Gnecco has a band called ours, very good

http://www.ours.net/

I just got one of Ours' albums, Distorted Lullabies... Jimmy Gnecco has an awesome voice. *looks for song he did with Brian on youtube* :naughty:

It´s great someone else knows the band and have that record. I don´t hear more of them lately..

Just thought I should revive this topic. :thumb_yello:

By the way, anyone heard the song "Someone To Die For"? It's sung by a guy named Jimmy Gnecco and features Brian on guitar. I loves it!

I've never heard it... or the guy. Thanks for posting it here ! I'll do some research now.. !:thumb_yello:

It's funny how one of my goals at the Tokyo MIKA show was to meet him, but when Queen and PR came here, I never thought that for a minute. They just seem so much more unreachable.

And I will never think I'm gonna meet someone famous ever again, after the crushing disappointment of NOT meeting Mika in Tokyo...I mean, c'mon, I was the ONLY one at the outside performance holding a MFC poster, MTV even put my photo on their website.... and he still didn't speak to me!!! AAAAAH!

Sometimes you have to protect yourself from the disappointments in life. I guess I was mad at myself for not doing that last weekend.

So I will be happy to just continue to admire Queen and Roger and Brian from afar. I did write to Brian a couple of times about WWRY in Tokyo and got onto his web site that way. He really is a lovely person. And I am better off admiring from afar.

I guess I have the advantage of living in the 'home country' but agree that meeting Brian is never a likely scenario. Having said that, I managed it last December - twice in the same week! :biggrin2: At one time, I never thought it possible because I wasn't going to do it by hanging around stage doors, which I've never done in my life and don't intend to start now...so Mika looks an equally unlikely prospect...but I know now that it can be done so maybe one day...:wink2:

• 4 weeks later...

Queen is amazing!!! can i be a QUeeniac please? :biggrin2:

they were all so gorgeous and fabulous musicians!

"empty spaces, what are we living for? abandoned places I guess we know the score. On and on, does anybody know what we are living for?"

I want to be a Queeniac too!!!

I've lisent to Queen all my life because my mom is a big fan, but this summer (remember I'm in argentina and it's winter here now) I became a huge fan myself... so I want to be in!!!

Bye!!

:biggrin2:

DaMango - Queeniac #34

I'm totatlly going to include Queen in my wedding too....LOADS of it...LOL!!

Me too:)

I'm going to sing "crazy little thing called love" to my wedding party...and my boyf will play guitar for me