• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am Nel

Live in Newcastle - South Africa

2 kids - 1 is 23 years old (few months younger than Mika) and the other one is 16. And I am almost 50!

My youngest one calls me positively (Mika) mad and my husband has no clue what the fuss is all about.

When I made my best friend Mika-mad (see the South African thread) (she has a daughter of 20) her husband started to make all kinds of remarks about this Mika 'crush'. So I told him that if they think they are the only ones who can use their eyes they are wrong. The reply was a mumble and something like menopause............ How easy to always blame our hormones for everything.

Lucky me is, however, always at home. I clean the house, do the garden (3600 m2), take care of our 8 rescued dogs and 2 cats and the parrot, I do the bookkeeping for our own business, and take care of our 1 remaining son at home. And if needed I am the taxi, the cook, the nurse etc etc etc. I think we know the drill.

But when my husband and son leave in the morning for work and school I take my Mika time (about 1 hour). And if I have time during the day/night I also do some Mika time.

Is it really so bad that we women also want something for ourselves?

Think this is enough.

Nel

Which place am I?

I love your comment about wanting something for ourselves!!! Go girl!!! Come and visit us in oldlings sometime!

OK, I have something that mothers everywhere will be able to relate to! My 8 year old's homework for Monday is to think of a Roman artefact and make it out of household junk!! Aaaaghh!!! I hate homework like that! Give me a maths sheet any day!

Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?!

Ooohw... you can count me in, although I'm not old enough to be Mika's mother...:roftl: :roftl:

I am not in this world for sure!!!:blush-anim-cl:

I have 2 kids, a boy (8 years old) and a daughter (6 years old)

I manage to get on the computer when the kids are at school and when they are in bed:biggrin2:

And about my household??:blink:

Eeeeh.... you don't wanna know...:bleh:

I'm in here,

2 boys, 16 and 19, both lanky beanpoles, curly hair.

I look at Mika and it gets weird, so I must be in it for the music!

My husband looks at me strangely, and says he thought I was well past getting obsessed by musicians...

My eldest thinks Mika is quite good and wants to go to Sunrise in Sydeny with me (if it really happens)!

So I can hide behind him, and just be the clinging mother who needs to guard the nestling. (So much less embarrassing than being the aging woman drooling over the pretty young thing - or it it???) (Nope, they are both bad, sad and plain wrong!)

It's all about the music, nothing but the music

Hi there - I live in central Scotland - I have 3 sons, 25, 18 & 17 and two daughters aged 15 & 13. I have a step-son of 33 as well!!

I have to try and get on here before they come in from school, otherwise I wont get on till they have gone to bed - and by then I am too tired.

I find leaving here difficult too - its almost hypnotic - and there are so many lovely people on here - they cheer you up when you are feeling down or sore, and they share happiness with you too!!!

A lovely second home for my second family!!! :biggrin2:

Good to see some action overnight to keep us bumped up! I just got in from drums (the kids) and now have to go to work, but I will give the numbers to the most recent people later tonight (my time).

I think it's so wonderful we are all doing something for us....having crushes like this can keep us YOUNG!!:mf_lustslow:

Good to see some action overnight to keep us bumped up! I just got in from drums (the kids) and now have to go to work, but I will give the numbers to the most recent people later tonight (my time).

I think it so wonderful we are all doing something for us....having crushes like this can keep us YOUNG!!:mf_lustslow:

YAY !!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD POSTINGS MAMAS! MAMAS OF THE WORLD UNITE:punk: & THANK YOU AGAIN MRS. PENNIMAN !!!

YAY !!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD POSTINGS MAMAS! MAMAS OF THE WORLD UNITE:punk: & THANK YOU AGAIN MRS. PENNIMAN !!!

OOOOOOH !!! TODAY IS MOTHERS DAY HERE IN AUSTRALIA !!!!:yay::wub2::groupwave::huglove: AWWWWW .... my daughter just sent me a lovely mothers day treat to my myspace page !!!!!:wub2:

Guest vuyk@telkomsa.net

Why is it that always when you say you want something for yourself it triggers reactions.

I like the reaction here about wanting something for yourself, but more often the reaction is one of "why? You are at home all the time?" As if being at home somehow is synonymous with "not doing anything at all!".

I would most certainly have an easier life if I was working for a boss. Maid at home, gardenboy etc. etc.

But let me stop about that.

What I would like to know is: Who knows anything about computers. I have this new computer and ever since we started to work on this new one my Mika homepage gets stuck. And no admins have been able to help me out on this one. Maybe one of you knows what else i can look at. I have checked my cookies (never knew they had that in computers but I am learning) and they seem to be almost the same as those that i read in my old computer.

What else could I look at.

Connecting my old computer again to see what the difference is is not an option anymore.

At this moment I log in but the MFC home page doesn't seem to know that I logged out yesterday. Then i can only see some of the replies on threads and have to go to a member and through their answers I can get into the present again. But it is not nice to be on the MFC like this. So I would like some advise.

Please, I am learning but do not know enough yet. And I do not want to be dependent on so-called computer experts that look at you with that look that says: Yah, typical woman!

Thanks

Nel

South Africa

Why is it that always when you say you want something for yourself it triggers reactions.

I like the reaction here about wanting something for yourself, but more often the reaction is one of "why? You are at home all the time?" As if being at home somehow is synonymous with "not doing anything at all!".

I would most certainly have an easier life if I was working for a boss. Maid at home, gardenboy etc. etc.

But let me stop about that.

What I would like to know is: Who knows anything about computers. I have this new computer and ever since we started to work on this new one my Mika homepage gets stuck. And no admins have been able to help me out on this one. Maybe one of you knows what else i can look at. I have checked my cookies (never knew they had that in computers but I am learning) and they seem to be almost the same as those that i read in my old computer.

Connecting my old computer again to see what the difference is is not an option anymore.

At this moment I log in but the MFC home page doesn't seem to know that I logged out yesterday. Then i can only see some of the replies on threads and have to go to a member and through their answers I can get into the present again. But it is not nice to be on the MFC like this. So I would like some advise.

Please, I am learning but do not know enough yet. And I do not want to be dependent on so-called computer experts that look at you with that look that says: Yah, typical woman!

Thanks

Nel

South Africa

Hi Nel ... I'm no tech - wiz ! But I gather HOOTCHATOOCH from USA is !!

I have found her in this thread, the Oldlings thread & maybe even Tartan Trousers thread !!! Perhaps she can help ... altough I don't know for sure. :punk:

Hi guys ;)

I live in Cambridgeshire, UK.

I have 2 boys (11 & 5)

I work full time...

and I try to fit in as much MFC as I can, but don't get to post as much as I'd like anymore... after I realised that perhaps I was neglecting the housework, sleeping, feeding the kids... that kind of thing!

Love your original post Blue sky... I think I can relate to just about all of that! :wink2:

Hi I am Louise

I am 33

My boys are George 7 (8 in June) and Henry 6

I work as a playground supervisor at our local school which is for only 1 hour a day so I get plenty of time to come here to MFC!!

Well I am married with two kids, 8 and 5, and I definitely identify with this club!!

Officially I am a full-time Mum. In reality, these days, I am a full-time Mikaholic. There's not a lot of domestic goddess stuff going on in my house these days :roftl:

Please count me in; sometimes I feel like a complete freak and it's good to know I'm not the only one "pretending to do serious work on the computer" all day! (Well most of theday - I do still manage to tend to the children's basic needs!)

:mf_rosetinted:

Well I am married with two kids, 8 and 5, and I definitely identify with this club!!

Officially I am a full-time Mum. In reality, these days, I am a full-time Mikaholic. There's not a lot of domestic goddess stuff going on in my house these days :roftl:

Please count me in; sometimes I feel like a complete freak and it's good to know I'm not the only one "pretending to do serious work on the computer" all day! (Well most of theday - I do still manage to tend to the children's basic needs!)

:mf_rosetinted:

hehehehehheee ... I love your rave & that we share the same avatar ....

Welcome to all new MFC MOTHERS' CLUB gals, here on Mothers Day...well in US, Canada, UK, Japan and Australia it is Mothers Day, some other countries are coming soon...oh heck, we should just celebrate MFC MOTHERS DAY EVERY DAY!!! Why not? Look how wonderfully we juggle all the usual stuff PLUS MIKA and MFC. (Gatagordinha, I'll admit the lack of domestic goddess stuff round here too!!)

So, for those who would like their number for their sig line

vuyk @telkomsa.net (Nel) #9

Sasje #10

Avoca #11

Mouselle #12

Wendi #13

Big Girl #14

looby1173 #15

Gatagordinha #16

I am so happy there are so many of us here. :biggrin2: Tonight I was thinking we could almost do a "What's for dinner in your house tonight?" thingy, help us decide how to feed the kids fast and get back here!! (Unfortunately Tokyo does not offer Marks & Sparks ready made meals....!!)

I am so happy there are so many of us here. :biggrin2: Tonight I was thinking we could almost do a "What's for dinner in your house tonight?" thingy, help us decide how to feed the kids fast and get back here!! (Unfortunately Tokyo does not offer Marks & Sparks ready made meals....!!)

well, it being mother's day here (and hubby being gone!) i am taking myself out to eat - and bringing the kids along too!:naughty:

I have this new computer and ever since we started to work on this new one my Mika homepage gets stuck. And no admins have been able to help me out on this one. Maybe one of you knows what else i can look at. I have checked my cookies (never knew they had that in computers but I am learning) and they seem to be almost the same as those that i read in my old computer.

Thanks

Nel

South Africa

Nel I am no techie but we had trouble using Internet explorer, so I downloaded the Firefox browser and use that as my main web browser now. If I go to IE by accident, again it runs all the pages really slow.

Don't know if it will help, but worth a try..it is a free download. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

well, it being mother's day here (and hubby being gone!) i am taking myself out to eat - and bringing the kids along too!:naughty:

AAAW, you must miss him. Hope you are going to eat somewhere nice anyway!!