Mika @ Blackpool Sept. 5th 2009 - PICS, VIDEOS AND GIG REPORTS

mari62

Afterwards we slowly gravitated back to the area outside the ballroom and sat in groups at the tables in the ‘Stage Door Café’. I had just met Olga and was feverishly practising my French because she has very little English. Then her friend came rushing up from, I guess, the real stage door outside. She said that she’d seen Mika, he’d signed her photograph, and he’d asked where we were. And he told her to tell us that he would come up and meet us. And not long afterwards…. he did. We clapped as he came in but most of us stayed in our seats so that he could mingle. The WY fans at the next table asked me why we weren’t mobbing him and I said that the better we behaved, the longer he would stay. I think they were very impressed with Mika. It was lovely – apart from a bloke who put out his hand to shake it and then pulled him forward. Not right and not nice. Then a few people gave him gifts which reminded me that I had a present for him. Then he posed for some photos with individuals so I started moving round and trying to get pictures of them. I followed two girls who were ecstatic about getting their picture with him and told them about the MFC. I got the feeling that he won over a lot of the crowd, his show was so good! Then it was suggested that we did a group photo with the flag, which Mika signed. That got nearly everyone up. We followed him as he walked away and then back, finding a good spot and then he let lots of people take their photos whilst he posed and signed balloons from the show. When I got a chance I gave him my present and told him that we’d let him off the fish and chips. He said he’d have rather had them than do the interview with Alan Carr who was very hung over. He said they would have smelt better than Alan Carr too! Because people had got up there was a crowd around him but there weren’t too many and he talked to lots of people. I asked him to go and see Bab because she never comes forward and he must have heard me because he did. And he was just lovely. But, of course, all good things must come to an end, and he had to leave.

The rest of my evening was less good – I had to get my car out of the multi-story before 11:30 and I caught it on the ramp :(, then I couldn't find anywhere to park so I couldn’t meet up with the others who’d gone to the pub.

So and but, I drove home singing at the top of my voice, bored my husband rigid by re-living the day and turned in at a very respectable 1p.m.

Oh, it was ALAN who was hungover!

My mistake, I thought Mika said he was hungover.

So, I take back my lightweight remark.

LOL!!!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC03066.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03086.jpg

DSC03087.jpg

What stunning pictures - so atmospheric. Great job Vix and nice to meet you ~x~

Right, I've caught up on the jacket story. WOW!!! That is one stunning jacket. I had no idea 1) that it had been decorated by you clever MFCers - what a great fit - how did you know??? 2) That it was the same as the WAG video. Gosh :shocked: and 3) that it was the same as he wore last night. I bet you're asleep now that the UK is waking. But GOSH!!!!

Edited by Ruth

And, I forgot, but can I say how nice it was to meet MFCers yesterday? Lots of familiar faces, it's always a pleasure. But it was the first time I'd spoken to a lot of you so that was great. New people too who haven't crossed my path before. Lovely to meet you :thumb_yello:

And as I was on my own and didn't feel the only lonely one at all, so thanks for that. :wub2:

Seems like one hell of a gig even though it was so short. I listened to it on the radio last night and it sounded great! I loved what Mika said about his pregnancy and his mum's opinion. :roftl: I have been melting here since I started reading all the reports. Shame about the guy who pulled Mika towards him, but I'm glad that Mika had a great time because of you people! :thumb_yello:

OMG the gig last night was phenomanal (if thats how you spell it lol). Me and my friend got there at about 1:20 and got some chairs from the coffee shop. We got sat down at first and just was talking amongst ourselves and then one by one MFCers were turning up. It was lovely to meet you all. Ange thankyou :biggrin2: Lovely to meet you freddie, sara, rose, ruth, gemma etc. Jemma you are so funny lol. lovely to meet kt4mika aswell. There was a really funny security guard there, so sarcastic but was nice. He told us we had to take back our chairs from the coffee shop at 4pm... there was about 3 chairs left in the coffee shop, we had taken them ha!! I loved signing the flag that was incredible just doing that :blush-anim-cl: We were then told that the doors would be opening at 6pm but then told that it would be back to 7. At half six i was getting so nervous as i was going to encounter the person i love :wub2:. Doors opened and you know what they didnt even really look at our tickets never mind scan them lol i got in and just ran! as soon as i got there i feel off the step because i was too busy looking at Mika glitter to tell everyone we where at the right stage!! omg i was front row just to the left of Mika and his piano. i couldnt beleive i was goiing to witness the man himself and bbe part of it in just a few mins. Thankyou Jemma for keeping me in the loop and making me laugh. By the time Daniel merriweather was on the mfcers were facing mika's stage watching it be set up i loved it. i actually thought i was going to faint:biggrin2: Then Mika came on... i nearly started to cry the feeling was incredible that he was actually in front of me. i took some pics which i will try and post but they are not too clear as i was jumping around like a loon . He sung Grace kelly, Blame it on the girls, lollipop, Faith cover and WE ARE GOLDEN!!!!!!!!! HE WAS WEARING THE JACKET OMFG! i love this i cant get enough of it the whole energy and kindness of the MFCers... i best start saving up ha! Oh peeps i forgot to tell you MIKA looked ME in the eye *i died and went to heaven* lol. At the end of the gig i got one of the lovely camera men to pass me a big balloon which i have here with me right now... btw it doesnt even fit through doors lol. The confetti cannons were immense i loved it SPRAY ON THE GLITTER why not ha!! on the way out i was chatting to Freddie saying how much i enjoyed it and he went to take some of the confetti off my face i was like nooooooo its mika glitter ha! (after all that it flew off my face as soon as got out of the building). Again it was lovely meeting you all and i cant wait to see you again thankyou for being so kind and welcoming.:wub2: Im so dissapointed that i couldnt wait to see mika, my friend dad was already there to pick us up but no one listened that i wanted to stay :aah::aah: i flippin know for next time i wont listen to anyone ha!! so off i plodded on on such a high that had just seen mika and that i had meet everyone!! YOU ARE ALL LOVELY. hope you all had a fantastic time and didnt gt too drunk afterwards lol... only 2 years and i will be joining you and i cant wait!!!!:biggrin2:

The whole event sounded wonderful. Reading about it and listening to the radio are 2 very different things. It sounded well organised and went perfectly to time, but seeing the pictures that people have taken, it must have made being there really special.

Ruth, I loved your review, and everyone else who has posted their exeriences. Great reading. I so wish I'd have gone but I'm sure Mikafish and Holy Johnny (who I gave my tickets to) had a ball. Can't wait for your review MF..........

OMG the gig last night was phenomanal (if thats how you spell it lol). Me and my friend got there at about 1:20 and got some chairs from the coffee shop. We got sat down at first and just was talking amongst ourselves and then one by one MFCers were turning up. It was lovely to meet you all. Ange thankyou :biggrin2: Lovely to meet you freddie, sara, rose, ruth, gemma etc. Jemma you are so funny lol. lovely to meet kt4mika aswell. There was a really funny security guard there, so sarcastic but was nice. He told us we had to take back our chairs from the coffee shop at 4pm... there was about 3 chairs left in the coffee shop, we had taken them ha!! I loved signing the flag that was incredible just doing that :blush-anim-cl: We were then told that the doors would be opening at 6pm but then told that it would be back to 7. At half six i was getting so nervous as i was going to encounter the person i love :wub2:. Doors opened and you know what they didnt even really look at our tickets never mind scan them lol i got in and just ran! as soon as i got there i feel off the step because i was too busy looking at Mika glitter to tell everyone we where at the right stage!! omg i was front row just to the left of Mika and his piano. i couldnt beleive i was goiing to witness the man himself and bbe part of it in just a few mins. Thankyou Jemma for keeping me in the loop and making me laugh. By the time Daniel merriweather was on the mfcers were facing mika's stage watching it be set up i loved it. i actually thought i was going to faint:biggrin2: Then Mika came on... i nearly started to cry the feeling was incredible that he was actually in front of me. i took some pics which i will try and post but they are not too clear as i was jumping around like a loon . He sung Grace kelly, Blame it on the girls, lollipop, Faith cover and WE ARE GOLDEN!!!!!!!!! HE WAS WEARING THE JACKET OMFG! i love this i cant get enough of it the whole energy and kindness of the MFCers... i best start saving up ha! Oh peeps i forgot to tell you MIKA looked ME in the eye *i died and went to heaven* lol. At the end of the gig i got one of the lovely camera men to pass me a big balloon which i have here with me right now... btw it doesnt even fit through doors lol. The confetti cannons were immense i loved it SPRAY ON THE GLITTER why not ha!! on the way out i was chatting to Freddie saying how much i enjoyed it and he went to take some of the confetti off my face i was like nooooooo its mika glitter ha! (after all that it flew off my face as soon as got out of the building). Again it was lovely meeting you all and i cant wait to see you again thankyou for being so kind and welcoming.:wub2: Im so dissapointed that i couldnt wait to see mika, my friend dad was already there to pick us up but no one listened that i wanted to stay :aah::aah: i flippin know for next time i wont listen to anyone ha!! so off i plodded on on such a high that had just seen mika and that i had meet everyone!! YOU ARE ALL LOVELY. hope you all had a fantastic time and didnt gt too drunk afterwards lol... only 2 years and i will be joining you and i cant wait!!!!:biggrin2:

Sounds like you had a fab time. Thanks for your report. And yeah, you better start saving hey?:wink2:

The whole event sounded wonderful. Reading about it and listening to the radio are 2 very different things. It sounded well organised and went perfectly to time, but seeing the pictures that people have taken, it must have made being there really special.

Ruth, I loved your review, and everyone else who has posted their exeriences. Great reading. I so wish I'd have gone but I'm sure Mikafish and Holy Johnny (who I gave my tickets to) had a ball. Can't wait for your review MF..........

I was right next to Mikafish and Mika when she said she must pass on a message that you had given your tickets up and couldn't be there and he was very gracious and listened to her. I think he said something about that being very nice of you (foggy brain from over excitement !) :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much:biggrin2:

I'm glad MFCers understand our excitement because trying to explain how amazing this is to my non-mika friends is incredibly difficult!

Nah, they never get it anyway!:naughty:

Better talk to us!:huglove:

Are there any close up pictures of the jacket. Before you gave it to Mika?

It would be so fun to see what it really looks like, in detail.:thumb_yello:

I have to confess I’m too lazy to go through your whole thread about it!:blush-anim-cl:

You will see it tomorrow. I'm in my hotel room and I left my usb cable at home.

Yay Sarah I'm so happy for ya :huglove:I can't wait to see it :biggrin2:

I love the Alan Carr pics and thanks everyone for their reviews !The G.M.cover is amazing :teehee:

Ruth and Mikalove thank you so much for your reports also in a English I could understood very easily and which I feel as if I had been there!

And the pics and uploads - thank you for all! :huglove:

And Mikas jacket, you made for him, is so sweet and suits Mika so wonderfull. You can be proud of you!

And I'm very happy for you all that you had such a wonderfull evening with Mika!

Edited by Graciosa

Just managed to get up and have breakfast and now I'm back on here!! :roftl:

Ruth's report is really full so I won't repeat it but I wanted to say that yesterday was, by a mile, my best experience of meeting MFCr's...as I've had some hideous experiences in the past!

Jo and I are shy and like to do our little Mika thing together so it's not really great for mixing with strangers but we both said that we'd really enjoyed chatting to the people we were with and it had actually been fun!! That's a BIG thing for us!! :naughty:

We'd arrived at 12.30pm and met up with Mikafish, Holy Johnny and Ruth and did the same as Ruth and turned right round and got our things from the car sorted and came back! So we were behind the next two WY fans with Blue Eyes and her husband & Jemmalee (who keep our place for us whilst we did the carpark dash!!! :roftl:

The people I gave tickets to came to thank me and I felt all embarassed :blush-anim-cl: but was really glad to have been able to give other MFCr's the chance to be there. FD asked me three times during the day how I'd managed to get all the tickets!! Freddie, if you've forgotten again....just PM me and I'll tell you!!!!

The M&G was the best I've been to so far too and it was lovely just being able to chat to him calmly. I asked whether he had been told about us wearing the gold hats and he said that he'd been watching the gig and when Kate Thornton (or as Meeks said..."that female presenter...what's her name??" me " Kate"...him "Oh, yes, Kate") said about us wearing the gold hats for WAG at which point I nudged his arm and said.."come on...you knew they were for you!" at which he giggled and said..."well, I kinda realised at that point!" :wub2:

Anyways, I managed to post a few pics lastnight but will post some more of the MFCr's and the M&G and then my couple of vids.

Am of to do some uploading now!!

What a fab night!

I was right next to Mikafish and Mika when she said she must pass on a message that you had given your tickets up and couldn't be there and he was very gracious and listened to her. I think he said something about that being very nice of you (foggy brain from over excitement !) :thumb_yello:

Oh Angelcakes,

Thank you for saying that. Wow, Mikafish actually told him I'd given up my tickets. How sweet of her. I will have to ask her if she delivered what else I asked her to do!!!! (pinch his bum! lol!) Maybe that's why she has not posted a review yet, she's been arrested????

Oh Angelcakes,

Thank you for saying that. Wow, Mikafish actually told him I'd given up my tickets. How sweet of her. I will have to ask her if she delivered what else I asked her to do!!!! (pinch his bum! lol!) Maybe that's why she has not posted a review yet, she's been arrested????

Not sure about the bum pinching ! We were all too polite for that :roftl:

Just managed to get up and have breakfast and now I'm back on here!! :roftl:

Ruth's report is really full so I won't repeat it but I wanted to say that yesterday was, by a mile, my best experience of meeting MFCr's...as I've had some hideous experiences in the past!

Jo and I are shy and like to do our little Mika thing together so it's not really great for mixing with strangers but we both said that we'd really enjoyed chatting to the people we were with and it had actually been fun!! That's a BIG thing for us!! :naughty:

We'd arrived at 12.30pm and met up with Mikafish, Holy Johnny and Ruth and did the same as Ruth and turned right round and got our things from the car sorted and came back! So we were behind the next two WY fans with Blue Eyes and her husband & Jemmalee (who keep our place for us whilst we did the carpark dash!!! :roftl:

The people I gave tickets to came to thank me and I felt all embarassed :blush-anim-cl: but was really glad to have been able to give other MFCr's the chance to be there. FD asked me three times during the day how I'd managed to get all the tickets!! Freddie, if you've forgotten again....just PM me and I'll tell you!!!!

The M&G was the best I've been to so far too and it was lovely just being able to chat to him calmly. I asked whether he had been told about us wearing the gold hats and he said that he'd been watching the gig and when Kate Thornton (or as Meeks said..."that female presenter...what's her name??" me " Kate"...him "Oh, yes, Kate") said about us wearing the gold hats for WAG at which point I nudged his arm and said.."come on...you knew they were for you!" at which he giggled and said..."well, I kinda realised at that point!" :wub2:

Anyways, I managed to post a few pics lastnight but will post some more of the MFCr's and the M&G and then my couple of vids.

Am of to do some uploading now!!

What a fab night!

Great report. Good to meet you :wub2:

I heard the start of that conversation, but not the end, I was straining to hear. How sweet though. :biggrin2: