REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS - Das Festival, Aug. 6 Aug. 2011, Schaffhausen, Switzerland

guylainem123

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great report Marion, thanks. :flowers2:

You are so lucky to have had that rehearsal. It's such a thrill to see the way they work. We had the same in Toronto where the band was practicing on their own but when Mika finally joined them...wow. :bow:

Can't believe there are no more gigs until September. Compiegne already feels like it was months ago. :aah:

Did Mika get any birthday gifts? :teehee:

Fran most of the Canadian-born Canadians don't know French either. :naughty: The French speaking population is geographically isolated and this country is huge. I am as far from the French speaking region as Frankfurt is to Paris. Lollipop Monkey is as far away as Russia.

Of course it's helpful to learn other languages but I have no more use for French than I do Spanish or Cantonese. The last time I was in London I heard French literally every day. In Toronto I hear it a couple of times a year. It's just not part of my daily life.

You are so lucky to have had that rehearsal. It's such a thrill to see the way they work. We had the same in Toronto where the band was practicing on their own but when Mika finally joined them...wow. :bow:

Can't believe there are no more gigs until September. Compiegne already feels like it was months ago. :aah:

Did Mika get any birthday gifts? :teehee:

Fran most of the Canadian-born Canadians don't know French either. :naughty: The French speaking population is geographically isolated and this country is huge. I am as far from the French speaking region as Frankfurt is to Paris. Lollipop Monkey is as far away as Russia.

Of course it's helpful to learn other languages but I have no more use for French than I do Spanish or Cantonese. The last time I was in London I heard French literally every day. In Toronto I hear it a couple of times a year. It's just not part of my daily life.

That's a shame though... Although I have several colleagues who live in Toronto and speak French

And you don't speak French??? :shocked:

:aah:

Of course it's nice when people can learn other languages, but, I mean, why should you learn French, right? You could learn Portuguese, for example. :teehee: Argentina is very close to Brazil and I don't speak Spanish or Castilian. But I do speak German, so... :dunno: K, done with the off topic. :naughty:

Mariposa thank you for you lovely report :thumb_yello: and your nice pics.

Since I have discovered the sports mode on my camera my pix turn out a lot better then before. It took me almost 3 years to find that out, but better late than never... :aah:

Oh, Marion, thanks for writing such a lovely report!!!!! :wub2: It is much how felt the gig/the day because I was next to you both at the soundcheck and at the gig, so I loved reading it!

I tried to find the Rambling Wheels song as a vid but I couldn't find but I actually found it from iTunes. My song! "Girl with the tattoo" Hahah, it wasn't only for me but I happened to be in front of the singer.

I agree with you about the soundcheck, it was definitely one of the most special moments. Our conversation (=we were quite speechless) during it still makes me smile :roftl:

Thanks everyone for your company! It was such a pleasure to meet you all :wub2:

lol, loved this conversation! :roftl: This it what happens when you can't talk properly anymore...Oh dear. :aah::teehee:

mariposa, thank you for your very detailed report and for your adorable pictures! :mf_lustslow: He's smiling so beautifully http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/images/smilies/thumb_yello.gifhere!

:thumb_yello:

You are so lucky to have had that rehearsal. It's such a thrill to see the way they work. We had the same in Toronto where the band was practicing on their own but when Mika finally joined them...wow.

I know. During the whole sound check I was like: Is this really happening? This is like a dream come true. :boing:

Since I have discovered the sports mode on my camera my pix turn out a lot better then before. It took me almost 3 years to find that out, but better late than never... :aah:

I still haven't figured out my camera. I just gave up taking pics and let Nina and Sara do it. :teehee:

Just one more thing before I'm off to bed...

Just found this pic on the facebook page of Monophon:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9579645&l=12bac2204f&id=81225234288

Recognise someone in the front row? :teehee:

edit: Oh, and here's a short article about Das Festival...saying that the orgnaisers are very happy with the tickets sold etc. - and then I'd like to point out this part:

Höhepunkt des diesjährigen Openair-Festival sei der Samstagabend mit Mika gewesen. Der 2007 mit dem Song "Grace Kelly" bekannt gewordene Engländer habe auch Besucher aus dem Ausland angelockt.

--> The highlight of this year's Open Air Festival was on Saturday night when Mika was performing. The British singer that got famous in 2007 with the song "Grace Kelly" even attracted festival goers from abroad.

source: http://www.bielertagblatt.ch/News/Kultur/212866

I still haven't figured out my camera. I just gave up taking pics and let Nina and Sara do it. :teehee:

Deal! :thumb_yello:

Edited by mariposa

Thank you girls gor the reports and pics! You are extremely lucky to be at the rehearsal :wub2: I would die of happiness :mf_lustslow:

Thank you Nina for EMD!

I'm addicted to the French variant (moreover, it sounds more native to me even if I don't speak French), but I liked the English one so much too!

Yes, She Tells Me sounds awkward (maybe I became too demanding), but in the rest it is perfect. I can't wait to hear the studio variant :bow: Maybe it makes my chances to hear it on the radio in my country more tangible.

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

What a brilliant concert this was, Mika's live shows always spread happiness!!

The only thing I missed is "One Foot Boy" - he never played it during the shows I've seen. Love that song !

I was there for queue at 5.15 in the morning and there was only me :o then at 6 arrived a friend of mine and others at 8, we were all italians! :naughty: I was surprised because there was a very few people...

Then in the afternoon we saw all the soundcheck and it was great! I think the first and the last time we see a soundcheck ever, I enjoyed this!

Is it my impression or his hair grown a little bit? :teehee:

The only bad thing about this gig was the rain -_- but it doesn't really matter!

Amazing day, amazing gig! One of the best for me :wub2:

I was next to Tiibet and the Spanish girls - Lovely company for a gig. I was trying to remember my Spanish from aaaaaaaages ago – and I miserably failed.

You didn’t! Your Spanish is ok, it really is. It was fun talking with you. :bye:

Agree with everyone who said it was a wonderful last gig experience. Everything was perfect actually, in every sense.

Thanks for links, pics, etc., and thank you Nina for recording and sharing She Tells Me!

:original: