Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Roberta!! :flowers2:

Someone is translating it? I have free time so i can do it :thumb_yello:

If you're doing it now, then I won't. Thanks, Lucrezia! :thumb_yello:

If there are mistakes, sorry! :blush-anim-cl:

I DISCOVERED THE BOY THAT I WAS, THUS I BECAME AN ADULT

It's 8am and i'm in front of my computer. The latest deadline for this column is in about 1h. My head hurts after those two glasses of australian cheap wine that i drunk yesterday night, and i'm almost at my 4th attempt that I do to write the column of this month.

I thought to talk about bullying, but it was too depressing, or about marijuana since that i live in the studio with the nicest unpacked of the world. I even started to write a column about the tomato sauce, don't ask me why. But i've almost finished recording my album and it took me a lifetime to finish it: so I decided that i'll talk exclusively about myself.

From 13 years and over, I studied at the prestigious and ancient Westminster School. My daily preoccupation was to find a way to sneak out the lessons and go unnoticed to the music center.

My goal was clear: i wanted to write songs that should remain in the head. At the music center there were many cubicles with only a piano and a chair.

I imagined to be in the Brill Building, the palace in NY where people like Bacharach and Carole King in the 60's were competing to see who found the perfect pop song, in small rooms like where i was. When my friends and my teachers discovered what i was doing, they began to group around me: my friends helped me to play my songs;the librarian of the school covered me saying that i was working for him in the afternoon. My scandalous French teacher (ex contestand at Mr Gay UK) gave me advices. My English teacher, who is now a famous theater director, assigned me some roles in his shows. I was a lonely hunter backed by a secret army annd I wouldn't have done it without them.

After my first album I felt disjointed, lonely. I rented a room at the legendary Olympic Studios and I stayed there for 6 months, writing songs for piano and recording many demos. Every day I had luch, often alone, in an elegant italian restaurant just across the street.

I was longing for my cubicle and my upright piano, but more than anything else of my band, the tea with the librarian, the inappropriate banter with my French teacher, who died, and discussions with my talented English teacher. My songs were for them and about them: I wrote about me to make them laugh, I wrote about Billy Brown to embarass my French teacher. How could I do without them?

At the end, I managed to make a beautiful album, frull of melodies and depth, but in all the sogns were missing my friends. After two years of touring and a terrible accident in my family, I vowed to find my band. I went around, ripping session and looking nuts. And I found them, a lot. I didn't want to make an album alone, and if the Brill Building no longer exists, then I would have made one, using internet and flying here and there. This album represents me more than ever. I wrote about people around me, I stole their stories, and I wrote about me to make them laugh or even make them sad.

Fear leaves you isolated, the isolation creates even more fear and the fear make you close on yourself. Only when you take the risk to open to others, you find a way to get out. This album is called The Origin Of Love and talks about a man who becomes an adult only when he discovers the boy that he was.

YAY! Lucrezia, thank you soooo much! :mikalove:

"Fear leaves you isolated, the isolation creates even more fear and the fear make you close on yourself. Only when you take the risk to open to others, you find a way to get out." <this quote :tears: omg is there any end to his depth? :fangurl:

If there are mistakes, sorry! :blush-anim-cl:

I DISCOVERED THE BOY THAT I WAS, THUS I BECAME AN ADULT

It's 8am and i'm in front of my computer. The latest deadline for this column is in about 1h. My head hurts after those two glasses of australian cheap wine that i drunk yesterday night, and i'm almost at my 4th attempt that I do to write the column of this month.

I thought to talk about bullying, but it was too depressing, or about marijuana since that i live in the studio with the nicest unpacked of the world. I even started to write a column about the tomato sauce, don't ask me why. But i've almost finished recording my album and it took me a lifetime to finish it: so I decided that i'll talk exclusively about myself.

From 13 years and over, I studied at the prestigious and ancient Westminster School. My daily preoccupation was to find a way to sneak out the lessons and go unnoticed to the music center.

My goal was clear: i wanted to write songs that should remain in the head. At the music center there were many cubicles with only a piano and a chair.

I imagined to be in the Brill Building, the palace in NY where people like Bacharach and Carole King in the 60's were competing to see who found the perfect pop song, in small rooms like where i was. When my friends and my teachers discovered what i was doing, they began to group around me: my friends helped me to play my songs;the librarian of the school covered me saying that i was working for him in the afternoon. My scandalous French teacher (ex contestand at Mr Gay UK) gave me advices. My English teacher, who is now a famous theater director, assigned me some roles in his shows. I was a lonely hunter backed by a secret army annd I wouldn't have done it without them.

After my first album I felt disjointed, lonely. I rented a room at the legendary Olympic Studios and I stayed there for 6 months, writing songs for piano and recording many demos. Every day I had luch, often alone, in an elegant italian restaurant just across the street.

I was longing for my cubicle and my upright piano, but more than anything else of my band, the tea with the librarian, the inappropriate banter with my French teacher, who died, and discussions with my talented English teacher. My songs were for them and about them: I wrote about me to make them laugh, I wrote about Billy Brown to embarass my French teacher. How could I do without them?

At the end, I managed to make a beautiful album, frull of melodies and depth, but in all the sogns were missing my friends. After two years of touring and a terrible accident in my family, I vowed to find my band. I went around, ripping session and looking nuts. And I found them, a lot. I didn't want to make an album alone, and if the Brill Building no longer exists, then I would have made one, using internet and flying here and there. This album represents me more than ever. I wrote about people around me, I stole their stories, and I wrote about me to make them laugh or even make them sad.

Fear leaves you isolated, the isolation creates even more fear and the fear make you close on yourself. Only when you take the risk to open to others, you find a way to get out. This album is called The Origin Of Love and talks about a man who becomes an adult only when he discovers the boy that he was.

Thanks so much for the translation Lucrezia :flowers2:

Mika never ceases to amaze me, brilliant :wub2: I can't wait to hear that treasure called "The Origin Of Love":wub2: