• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished to translate it!

Here it is!

Ciao(Hi!)! Here I am again on the new XL.

Ah, I'm also on twitter, @mikasounds, but with some issue, unfortunately.

Before Xmas I tweeted from the recording studio sayng that i was working with Benassi on a very cool song but I got tons of tweets from fans protesting cause I wasn't tweeting in a while.

To tell the truth I never dedicated lots of efforts to my twitter account.

There was a phase when I enjoyed it a lot ... shortly before my 2nd album came out I had the idea to invite fans in a club to celebrate, kind of last minute party.

I tweeted where the club was and 600 people showed up and stayed with me till 11pm dancing on the tables. I was thinking about drinks.

As usual pessimistic people had me scared, they thought, it'll be a mess, they say, instead everything was fine, noone has done crap (sorry I didn't how to translate that).

I did this experience again in L.A. with the blogger Perez Hilton we launched a party at Roxy on twitter.

We've distributed the tickets from an ice cream van. We expected 300 people and showed up 2000! Twitter is an amazing mobilization tool, it allows you to transmit infos in a personal and free way, the news doesn't seem to be filtered, as the ones on TV and newspaper.

If you read a news on twitter you have idea that it's something yours, the felling that you can share with so many people the power that media assume. It has never been a faster and effective system to broadcast first-hand testimonies.

A young photoreporter, James Buck ows his freedom to a tweet. Stopped by the police during a public demonstration, it was enough to type “arrested” that his collegues and blogger mobilitate for his release.

Throughout the Middle East Twitter has become an extraordinary channel serving the protesters of the Arab Spring (I don't if it is said like that in english too).

Maybe Twitter is able to to humanize wars as in the 50's it could have made a novel.

The stentorian voice of BBC announcers now seems to belong to a remote era.

Cheers for Twitter, then, only that it's impossible for me to make a constant use.

I feel like an idiot to post stupid stuff, not for what people can think about me, just because condense my thoughts in 140 characters is limitating and let over people know what I ate I found it useless. Am I the only one to think so?

But maybe it's not the point.

Maybe tweets that now judge dull will prove something important to historians in the future.

In the 2010 Twitter donated the whole archive of public tweets the U.S. library of Congress, the biggest one in the whole World.

These are infos that in the future historians could study to identify not only individual reactions to events of our generation, but also reconstruct the causes.

Just try to imagine if it had existed Twitter at the time of the rise of Nazism in Europe.

Maybe now we will know more about the mechanisms of certain terrible ideas to establish itself and then influence history.

Perhaps, after all, a tweet isn't just one of the many bricks of the Tower of Babel, but will be an important means to tell the story of a society.

Even what we eat for breakfast in 100 years could be interesting.

Thank you so much for translating!

Two things..

1. About the respond he got when tweeted he's working on a song with Benassi. Ehrmm.. This must have been the first time he read what people are replying to him, because the same respond he used to get every time, when he used to tweet once in a month :aah:

2. About "what I eat" thing. Mika is wrong in this case, it's not useless to know what he ate. For example, I never knew vegetarians can eat a reindeer or little lamb. You learn something every day :mf_rosetinted:

P.S. Thanks for translation and the scan :flowers2:

Here it is!

Thanks so much! :thumb_yello:

I did this experience again in L.A. with the blogger Perez Hilton we launched a party at Roxy on twitter.

We've distributed the tickets from an ice cream van. We expected 300 people and showed up 2000!

This number gets bigger every year. :roftl:

Throughout the Middle East Twitter has become an extraordinary channel serving the protesters of the Arab Spring (I don't if it is said like that in english too).

Yes we call it the Arab Spring.

I feel like an idiot to post stupid stuff, not for what people can think about me, just because condense my thoughts in 140 characters is limitating and let over people know what I ate I found it useless. Am I the only one to think so?

He can condense an entire story into a 3 minute pop song so 140 characters for your thoughts isn't a big leap. He seems to do a good job of it IMO. :dunno: Jessie J often extends her tweets over 140 characters (there's a link to see the whole thing). I used to think that would be more interesting but it's actually irritating and I don't bother reading it. I think if you're articulate you can express yourself effectively in just a few words. The CBC did a contest for Valentine's Day on the best 6-word love story and you'd be amazed at the ideas you can convey with just 6 words. :naughty:

Here it is!

Before Xmas I tweeted from the recording studio sayng that i was working with Benassi on a very cool song but I got tons of tweets from fans protesting cause I wasn't tweeting in a while.

There was a phase when I enjoyed it a lot ... shortly before my 2nd album came out I had the idea to invite fans in a club to celebrate, kind of last minute party.

I tweeted where the club was and 600 people showed up and stayed with me till 11pm dancing on the tables. I was thinking about drinks.

As usual pessimistic people had me scared, they thought, it'll be a mess, they say, instead everything was fine, noone has done crap (sorry I didn't how to translate that).

We've distributed the tickets from an ice cream van. We expected 300 people and showed up 2000! Twitter is an amazing mobilization tool, it allows you to transmit infos in a personal and free way, the news doesn't seem to be filtered, as the ones on TV and newspaper.

If you read a news on twitter you have idea that it's something yours, the felling that you can share with so many people the power that media assume. It has never been a faster and effective system to broadcast first-hand testimonies.

A young photoreporter, James Buck ows his freedom to a tweet. Stopped by the police during a public demonstration, it was enough to type “arrested” that his collegues and blogger mobilitate for his release.

Maybe Twitter is able to to humanize wars as in the 50's it could have made a novel.

Cheers for Twitter, then, only that it's impossible for me to make a constant use.

Maybe tweets that now judge dull will prove something important to historians in the future.

In the 2010 Twitter donated the whole archive of public tweets the U.S. library of Congress, the biggest one in the whole World.

These are infos that in the future historians could study to identify not only individual reactions to events of our generation, but also reconstruct the causes.

Just try to imagine if it had existed Twitter at the time of the rise of Nazism in Europe.

Maybe now we will know more about the mechanisms of certain terrible ideas to establish itself and then influence history.

Perhaps, after all, a tweet isn't just one of the many bricks of the Tower of Babel, but will be an important means to tell the story of a society.

someone can resume this in french please. No need to translate all, I can unerstand a little bit.

Thank you Have a good day

thanx for the translation & scan! :wub2:

well, mika may be excited about working with benny benassi, but tbh i don't care about this guy, so this tweet was about as interesting to me as if mika had tweeted about his breakfast... if he had tweeted a short clip of the song instead, he surely would've gotten different answers! :teehee:

i can understand his point though, that he finds it hard to condense his thoughts into 140 characters. it's definitely different to writing a song, because a song is art, and if you make art (here: song lyrics), you can do things that you can't do in an everyday conversation. if i had 200,000 followers and my every move on twitter was watched like it is the case with mika, i'd also be VERY careful about what to write. you can be so easily misunderstood if you try to fit into 140 characters what you want to say.

it's still no excuse though for him to disappear from twitter for months. even if he does nothing all day except have breakfast (:naughty:), he could at least tweet something like "hi, how's everyone doing?" (or just "yo!" :naughty:), and answer a bunch of tweets that he finds interesting.

thanx for the translation & scan! :wub2:

it's still no excuse though for him to disappear from twitter for months. even if he does nothing all day except have breakfast (:naughty:), he could at least tweet something like "hi, how's everyone doing?" (or just "yo!" :naughty:), and answer a bunch of tweets that he finds interesting.

I like your ideas! Though, I can understand if he needs to hide from the real world as long as he's being pregnant with his record-baby :naughty: Pregnancy can be very demanding...

And I can understand if he found it a bit too pushy when he finally is back on twitter and all he gets is this 'Where have you been all the time? We missed you! :sneaky2: '-tweets (I'm exaggerating but you know what I mean :wink2: ). I would drive insane if I got several hundreds answers to any tweet anyway :aah:

And thank you everyone for summing up, translating, scanning and sharing the new article :flowers2:

I like your ideas! Though, I can understand if he needs to hide from the real world as long as he's being pregnant with his record-baby :naughty: Pregnancy can be very demanding...

And I can understand if he found it a bit too pushy when he finally is back on twitter and all he gets is this 'Where have you been all the time? We missed you! :sneaky2: '-tweets (I'm exaggerating but you know what I mean :wink2: ). I would drive insane if I got several hundreds answers to any tweet anyway :aah:

And thank you everyone for summing up, translating, scanning and sharing the new article :flowers2:

you're right about the "pregnancy", but that's not what he claimed to be the reason in his column. :teehee: and pfft, he should be happy that we missed him! :shun::mf_rosetinted: i probably wrote him sth like "great to see you back on twitter, looking forward to the album". what else are we supposed to answer to that benny benassi tweet? like i said, if he wants more interesting answers after such a long twitter-absence, he should write more interesting tweets, like a song snippet. :teehee:

Or the hundreds of tweets with "You're drunk,you tweet too much","Please get drunk and tweet",etc :sneaky2:

Edited by krysady

thank you for uploading and translating:teehee:

I understand how we cant summarize our thoughts in 140 characters. Twitter is an amazing promotion tool. Many artists use it... and it works! Maybe thats what people have been telling to Mika. Is that being "visible" to the public also makes you "promoted" to that public.

Ive wondered why he wasnt using Twitter like an opportunity to promote his Cd, songs, work, etc. To me, it seemed like the ideal tool. But recently many artists I follow that are promoting themselves on Twitter have been having troubles with it. They felt the need to defend themselves and reply to their haters... and well, it just turns into this whole big mess where Twitter isnt just a promotion tool, but a personnal diary and discussion.

I guess it has its good sides and bad ones. We all know Mika reads a certain amounts of tweet sent to him. I can only imagine the hundreds of tweets he recieves every hour. In-sane! :blink:It would drive me nuts haha!

I just wish he can find a balance again... between blogs, vlogs, tweets etc and find his own way of telling his fans what hes up to :teehee:

someone can resume this in french please. No need to translate all, I can unerstand a little bit.

Thank you Have a good day

Salut :bye:

Il explique pourquoi il n'a pas tweeté beaucoup récemment. Que tous ses fans lui demande plus de tweets, etc.

Il parle des 2 partys qu'il a organisé grace à twitter et qui ont été un grand succes.

Et que c'est un outil de mobilisation formidable. Comme au moyen orient l'été dernier. ou pour des journalistes.

Mais que pour lui, c'est impossible de résumer ses pensées en 140 caractères. Et qu'il trouve ca plus difficile. Que le but de twitter n'est pas de savoir ce qu'il a mangé le matin, mais plus comment une société réagit à un événement.

C'est un petit résumé:wink2:

Here it is!

Thank you so much Fralovesmika for the translation :huglove::flowers2:

I really love that colum :biggrin2:

I missed them and as I got a twitter for Mika and I also think it's the best way to keep in touch with all my Mika family :wub2:

Thanks again :bow:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

if he had tweeted a short clip of the song instead, he surely would've gotten different answers! :teehee:

Indeed he would have. :roftl:

it's definitely different to writing a song, because a song is art, and if you make art (here: song lyrics), you can do things that you can't do in an everyday conversation.

I disagree, I think there is an art to writing a tweet (I almost said that in my last post so I am not just making an analogy to the lyrics, I really believe that). I think if you are articulate and fluent in the language you are writing in, it should be no problem once you get used to it. When I first started using Twitter I was finding it extremely difficult to write full sentences and NOT use only 140 characters :naughty:

Of course it would be difficult to express a lot of feelings about the state of Syria or similar but I don't recall him doing that on his old blog anyway so I don't think space constraints should be that much of an issue. If there is a topic he wants to talk about then just tweet a link to a blog post. :dunno:

They felt the need to defend themselves and reply to their haters... and well, it just turns into this whole big mess where Twitter isnt just a promotion tool, but a personnal diary and discussion.

I guess it has its good sides and bad ones. We all know Mika reads a certain amounts of tweet sent to him. I can only imagine the hundreds of tweets he recieves every hour. In-sane! :blink:It would drive me nuts haha!

I don't think Mika gets a lot of haters and you don't have to respond to them. You don't even have to read people's replies if you're not in the mood for it.

There are many people that Twitter doesn't work for and they simply don't use it, ever. But if you keep coming and going people are going to moan when you're gone. It's human nature.

Salut :bye:

Il explique pourquoi il n'a pas tweeté beaucoup récemment. Que tous ses fans lui demande plus de tweets, etc.

Il parle des 2 partys qu'il a organisé grace à twitter et qui ont été un grand succes.

Et que c'est un outil de mobilisation formidable. Comme au moyen orient l'été dernier. ou pour des journalistes.

Mais que pour lui, c'est impossible de résumer ses pensées en 140 caractères. Et qu'il trouve ca plus difficile. Que le but de twitter n'est pas de savoir ce qu'il a mangé le matin, mais plus comment une société réagit à un événement.

C'est un petit résumé:wink2:

Merci beaucoup! Je peux comprendre l'anglais mais il m'en manque toujours quelques petits bouts et tu as tres bien répondu à ma demande. C'est tres gentil d'avoir pris le temps de le faire! :thumb_yello:

Désolée pour certains accents, ma touche "e" ne fonctionne plus et je dois faire un copier-coller!:furious:

thank you for uploadiTo me, it seemed like the ideal tool.ng and translating:teehee:

I understand how we cant summarize our thoughts in 140 characters. Twitter is an amazing promotion tool. Many artists use it... and it works! Maybe thats what people have been telling to Mika. Is that being "visible" to the public also makes you "promoted" to that public.

Ive wondered why he wasnt using Twitter like an opportunity to promote his Cd, songs, work, etc. But recently many artists I follow that are promoting themselves on Twitter have been having troubles with it. They felt the need to defend themselves and reply to their haters... and well, it just turns into this whole big mess where Twitter isnt just a promotion tool, but a personnal diary and discussion.

I just wish he can find a balance again... between blogs, vlogs, tweets etc and find his own way of telling his fans what hes up to :teehee:

Dear Rox, you make me :blush-anim-cl::mf_rosetinted:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Traduction en français :wink2:

Ciao ( Salut) me revoilà dans le nouveau XL

Ah et je suis aussi sur twitter , @mikasounds, mais il y a quelques problèmes malheureusement.

A Noêl, j'ai twitté depuis le studio d'enregistrement pour dire que je travaillais avec Benassi sur une chanson très cool mais j'ai reçu en retour des tonnes de twits de fans qui protestaient parce que je n'avais pas twitté depuis un moment.

Pour dire la vérité je n'ai jamais fait énormément d'efforts avec mon compte twitter.

Il y a eu des moments que j'ai adoré...peu de temps avant la sortie de mon deuxième album j'ai eu l'idée d'inviter mes fans dans un club pour fêter ça, un genre de fête de dernière minute.

J'ai twitté où était le club et 600 personnes sont venues et sont restées avec moi jusqu'à onze heures du soir à danser sur les tables. Je pensais aux consommations.

Comme d'habitude les pessimistes m'avaient effrayés, ils pensaient que ça serait un bazar pas possible, c'est ce qu'ils m'avaient dtr,au ieu de ça tout c'est bien passé, il n'y a pas eu de

merde (Désolée pour la traduction)

J'ai refait cette expérience à Los Angeles avec le bloggeur Perez Hilton, on a annoncé le concert surprise du Roxy sur twitter.

On a distribué les tickets dans un camion de vendeur de glace. On attendait 300 personnes et il y en a eu 2000: Twitter est un étonnant moyen de mobilisation, il vous permet de transmettre des infos d'une manière personalisée et en toute liberté, les nouvelles ne sont pas filtrées contrairement à celles de la télévision et des journaux.

Si vous lisez des infos sur twitter , c'est plus personnel, vous prennez le pouvoir à la place des médias traditionnels en partageant avec autant de personnes. Jamais il n'y a eu de moyen aussi rapide et efficace de faire circuler des témoignages par les témoins directs des évènements.

Un jeune reporter photographe, James Buck doit sa liberté à un twit. Arrêté par la police pendant une manifestation , il lui a suffit de taper "arrêté" pour que ses collègues et amis bloggeurs se mobilisent pour sa libération.

Dans tout le Moyen Orient twitter est devenu un extraordinaire canal aidant les protestataires du printemps arabe.

Peut-être que twitter est capable d'humaniser les guerres comme dans les années 50, cela aurait fait un roman.

La voix de stentor des annonceurs de la BBC semble maintenant appartenir à une ère lointaine.

Bravo twitter, mais seulement pour moi il est impossible de l'utiliser constamment.

J'ai le sentiment d'être un idiot si je poste des choses stupides, pas par rapport à ce que les gens peuvent penser de moi, mais simplement parceque concentrer mes pensées en 140 lettres est limité et je trouve inutile de faire savoir ce que j'ai mangé. Suis-je le seul à le penser?

Mais peut-être que ce n'est pas le vrai débat.

Peut-être que les twits que je trouve maintenant bien ternes auront de l'imortance pour les historiens dans le futur.

En 2010 twitter a faot don de toutes ses archives de twits publics à la librairie du congrès américain, la plus grande du monde entier.

Ce sont des infos que les historiens pourrons étudier dans le futur pour analyser non seulement les réactions indiiduelles aux évènements marquant de notre génération, mais aussi pour en déduire les causes.

Essayez d'imaginer si twitter avait existé à l'époque de la montée en puissance du Nazisme en Europe.

Peut-être que nous en apprendrons plus sur les mechanismes de certaines idées terribles et comment elles se sont propagées et ont influencé l'histoire.

Peut-être, après tout , qu'un twit n'est qu'une des briques de la Tour de Babel, mais sera un facteur important pour raconter l'histoire d'une société.

Même ce que nous mangeons au petit déjeuner pourrait être interessant dans cent ans.