• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

aww!! thanks for all the translations!!!!! :huglove:

I'd have loved that he talks about a different topic apart from twitter, but well...I'm already happy with the idea that he writes again!!!!! :wink2:

Girls, maybe I missed something... but is there going to be an original English version somewhere?

Hopefully XL will post it on its site like last time. If I remember correctly last year they posted the English version about a week after, so probably this week we'll read it.

Hopefully XL will post it on its site like last time. If I remember correctly last year they posted the English version about a week after, so probably this week we'll read it.

Oh, I hope so. I was afraid that this year they forgot to do it.... Will wait!

Oh, I hope so. I was afraid that this year they forgot to do it.... Will wait!

1POP UP: DI miKA iN THIS CHAPTER OF fACEBOOK´S rEPUBLIC 105548.pjpegmick Jagger appear too in this photo when he was very young...I CAN READ ABOUT miKA BUT THIS IS ABOUT march 2011.

he said more or less:about the religion Catholic and the School and his education wit a few priest ....( any of them Gays...)

" quickly realised this was rubbish. I had the luck to have life and family teach me so. All organized religions need infrastructure, money and have political influence. But in the world we live in today, when power and influence can be found at the click of a computer keyboard, the religious organizations feel more out of touch than ever. Gold crosses and wealth do not impress and are irrelevant when compared to the most important things that faith can offer. Bin the gold cross and get a wooden one. Let the Church impress with an open heart and not a heavy wallet.

It is an organization, it has good and bad and we must be brave enough to take what we like and not have them impose what we do not believe in. The Church is in crisis. Its scandals are being made public and its faults are more evident than ever. In order to survive it must welcome back with open arms the people that it has driven away. I am 27, I am pro choice, pro contraception, pro gay union, pro tolerance, and most of all pro faith if not religion."http://xl.repubblica.it/risultati?pr...=&keyword=mika

i think that him was very influence for a kind of religion no more apropiate...like me. And so he said somethin like survive to....his process, :wink2: but,,, i continuing in my theory of bad influence...in his live-.

532837142.gif?key=350197&Expires=1331304148&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=ci3zwfE932-s-xeJjMV3RLAQVh2j6s27AmqChcrno4isl5uH4agJcrk-ayQlwZ5hfvrh3MHWhWnyXRs2cZwN3NuJABEB9dGtMFFVSN8NR9h-N5dCdfI-I-VtLCoHx7R8jEF0ned-mkJ86f8xT6p2q2PfnGzPctiz3Nua07O6cPE_

((i borrow the gif today to Nas ,thanks))

And about all this stuff i´m Okay with you...

:thumb_yello:I feel like an idiot to post stupid stuff, not for what people can think about me, just because condense my thoughts in 140 characters is limitating and let over people know what I ate I found it useless. Am I the only one to think so?

But maybe it's not the point.

RELAX YOU NOT ARE THE ONES...

tumblr_lxwjjhmUtw1qfc5wjo2_250_normal.gif britney_spears

LC_TOXiC “Unusual You..." It’s so beautiful, and so sad, and I love (it) ... Go girl. Great pop." @ladygaga on @britneyspears

Maybe tweets that now judge dull will prove something important to historians in the future.

In the 2010 Twitter donated the whole archive of public tweets the U.S. library of Congress, the biggest one in the whole World.

These are infos that in the future historians could study to identify not only individual reactions to events of our generation, but also reconstruct the causes.

Just try to imagine if it had existed Twitter at the time of the rise of Nazism in Europe.

Maybe now we will know more about the mechanisms of certain terrible ideas to establish itself and then influence history.

Perhaps, after all, a tweet isn't just one of the many bricks of the Tower of Babel, but will be an important means to tell the story of a society.

Even what we eat for breakfast in 100 years could be interesting""

http://www.mikasounds.com/news/view/..._Returns_To_XL in my opinion:

Was published in my country suchas Google founders never imagined their creation would far ... not only monetary level but influences.

It is true that the power of money or bullet seemed both of them was going to control everything, but now it seems the power of information + ideological influence are winning the battle.

Edited by mer

1POP UP: DI miKA iN THIS CHAPTER OF fACEBOOK´S rEPUBLIC 105548.pjpegmick Jagger appear too in this photo when he was very young...I CAN READ ABOUT miKA BUT THIS IS ABOUT march 2011.

he said more or less:about the religion Catholic and the School and his education wit a few priest ....( any of them Gays...)

" quickly realised this was rubbish. I had the luck to have life and family teach me so. All organized religions need infrastructure, money and have political influence. But in the world we live in today, when power and influence can be found at the click of a computer keyboard, the religious organizations feel more out of touch than ever. Gold crosses and wealth do not impress and are irrelevant when compared to the most important things that faith can offer. Bin the gold cross and get a wooden one. Let the Church impress with an open heart and not a heavy wallet.

It is an organization, it has good and bad and we must be brave enough to take what we like and not have them impose what we do not believe in. The Church is in crisis. Its scandals are being made public and its faults are more evident than ever. In order to survive it must welcome back with open arms the people that it has driven away. I am 27, I am pro choice, pro contraception, pro gay union, pro tolerance, and most of all pro faith if not religion."http://xl.repubblica.it/risultati?pr...=&keyword=mika

i think that him was very influence for a kind of religion no more apropiate...like me. And so he said somethin like survive to....his process, :wink2: but,,, i continuing in my theory of bad influence...in his live-.

hips350.gif

:thumb_yello:I feel like an idiot to post stupid stuff, not for what people can think about me, just because condense my thoughts in 140 characters is limitating and let over people know what I ate I found it useless. Am I the only one to think so?

Maybe tweets that now judge dull will prove something important to historians in the future.

In the 2010 Twitter donated the whole archive of public tweets the U.S. library of Congress, the biggest one in the whole World.

These are infos that in the future historians could study to identify not only individual reactions to events of our generation, but also reconstruct the causes.

Just try to imagine if it had existed Twitter at the time of the rise of Nazism in Europe.

Maybe now we will know more about the mechanisms of certain terrible ideas to establish itself and then influence history.

Perhaps, after all, a tweet isn't just one of the many bricks of the Tower of Babel, but will be an important means to tell the story of a society.

Even what we eat for breakfast in 100 years could be interesting""in my opinion:

Was published in my country suchas Google founders never imagined their creation would far ... not only monetary level but influences.

It is true that the power of money or bullet seemed both of them was going to control everything, but now it seems the power of information + ideological influence are winning the battle.

Sorry but is there a link for this column? :boxed:

hips350.gif

Even what we eat for breakfast in 100 years could be interesting""in my opinion:

This sounds like summary to me, kind of presentation of the new number :wink2:

Finally, the english version is out :wink2:

Mika's new column! POP UP – Xl magazine, Italy, March 2012

Hey!! I'm back at XL and I have a twitter account now! Check it out its @mikasounds! My problem is, its sh*t.

A couple months ago, just before christmas, I randomly sent out a tweet from the studio saying how much fun I was having working on a track with Benny Benassi. It was my first tweet in a long time and I didn't get the response I expected. I was barraged with a stream of angry messages from disappointed fans who wanted me to communicate and tweet more. They wanted honest and more regular tweets. I think its fair to say that I never put much emphasis on my twitter page. In the past I have had a lot fun with twitter… One afternoon, just before the release of my second album, I thought it would be a good idea to invite fans to the pub, as a sort of last minute release party. Over the course of a day I hinted at where the party would be. People thought I was crazy and that it would turn into a mess. In the end 600 people came together in a pub, hung out with me until 11pm and danced on tables and I took care of the drinks. It was perfect; a last minute London street party with not one nasty person. I even threw a free gig via Twitter at the Roxy in LA with the blogger Perez Hilton. Perez and I tweeted clues to the location of an ice cream truck where we handed out tickets. We expected 300 and almost two thousand showed up.

Twitter is one of the most powerful tools for mobilising people. Unlike newspapers or TV which are guarded by editors and politics, Twitter information feels personal and unfiltered. When you receive information through twitter, it feels like it belongs to you. The power of the journalist is handed over to you and in turn to the public as a whole. Never before could an urgent piece of eye witness news be passed around as fast. When a young photo journalist, James Buck, was thrown in jail during anti government protest in Egypt last year, it was the power of a one word tweet that got him the help he needed to be freed. Shortly after his arrest, Buck tweeted the word "arrested". Within seconds, his colleagues and bloggers in the USA knew what had happened.

The use of twitter in the reporting of recent events in the Middle East has been astounding. For the first time, we can get un controlled information and opinion. We can get a sense of an individual's concern of fear like never before. Perhaps Twitter is humanising war in the same way that a novel would have in the 1950's post world war II. The unflinching, stoic BBC voice of war reporting in the 30's has never felt more like a thing of the past.

The problem I have, is that I find it impossible to constantly use it. I can go for weeks without tweeting then write 10 tweets in ten minutes. I only really want to use it when I have something I feel is important to share. Whenever I write about something trivial I feel bad. Not because I am worried about what people will think, just because the words are not necessary. Sharing my everyday feelings or personal life in a tweet seems like a complete waste when I can only use 140 characters. Am I really the only person who finds sharing what you have eaten for breakfast kind of gross??

But perhaps I've missed the point. Perhaps its the trivial things we tweet about that, when grouped together with millions of other tweets over the course of time, will actually be the most important and revealing to historians. In 2010, Twitter donated the entire archive of every single public tweet ever sent out, to the Library of Congress in the USA. This library, the largest in the world, considers this information priceless for the future. Historians will be able to study not only our individual reactions to major events, but also use the data to understand how trends and major events came about. Imagine if Twitter existed in Europe during the rise of the Nazis. That sort of information could help us further understand how even the most terrifying ideas and politics can gather momentum in society and in turn shape history.

Perhaps every tweet is not just a brick in a Tower of Babel after all, but part of major tool in telling the story of society in years to come. Perhaps there is no such thing as a useless tweet. Even the breakfast tweet, in a hundred years, might just be interesting…

Thanks to Mika FB https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150609861673040&set=a.10150417790488040.363530.6006248039&type=1

Thanks Lucrezia. I totally agree with what he says about the information feeling like it belongs to you and that's why people like it when he tweets. Even though articles like this and blogs are also really great because you can get a better sense of how and what someone thinks, the immediacy of Twitter makes you feel like you are involved in a conversation or at least a witness to the "event". Not unlike when he comes out of the venue after the gig and says hi to everyone who's been waiting for him.

God, I admire his style even more! The logic of plot, how one part and thought goes into another, such stylistic device as suspence - it all creates a piece of art. And I love his ideas about the historical meaning and social aspects.

I'm not much of a honeymooner, but I'm fangurling and want more!

As for breakfast tweets, I think that lately he kept a good ballance.

A tweet per day keeps angry fans away :)

1-3 tweets in 1-2 days keeps the interest and don't bother the non-die-hard fans.

I got used to him tweeting every day do fast that now I feel like I was left without my drugs :naughty:

so, if he kept tweeting once in 2-3 days it should be perfect!

I'm so glad to read the proper English version. The translations are really great, but the English version is much more "Mika" and I understand it better. He's a wonderful writer! T4P:thumb_yello:

I agree.

And I think this is one of his better columns.