MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Yesterday evening was the second recording of The Voice auditions, and I was there, with other French fans and Nina (a bit more fans than last time, but not more than 20 I think).

Like Monday, we had to be there at 6PM. We managed to sit at the same place than last time (a whole row for Mika fans) so we had a really good view on Mika - and it was also easier for him to find us :naughty:

Most important thing of the evening: they sang!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Mika sang, a real song :wub2:

They made all together (I mean, the 4 coaches) a cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody" of Queen :teehee:

It was a surprise for all of us (maybe for them too, as they were not so prepared for it :naughty:), can you imagine how excited we were? :wub2:

We could listen to them sing the song 2 times :wub2:, as Jenyfer (one of the coach) made a mistake during the song and was laughing. Thank you Jenyfer :mf_rosetinted: It was a real pleasure to listen to them! And Mika was dancing :wink2:

I found him generally less focused than last time, maybe because he had chosen so many contestants at the first audition that he couldn't "buzz" so many of them this time (I think he only pushed the button for 3 or 4 contestants, on 24). Or maybe simply because he was really tired.

Actually he was not sleepy at all, he was jocking ALL THE TIME!!! :aah: I loved that :teehee:

And he had really much fun with the other coach, Garou, who, I think, is as crazy as Mika :naughty:

ok, now fangirling time :mf_rosetinted:

He found us from the beginning and waved to us, then after a break he came back with candies and throwed them to our direction. I personly found that he had more interractions with us (fans) than last time. He was even counting us at a time :teehee: Fans gave him a T-shirt, that he used to fight against Garou and Jenyfer :mf_rosetinted:

Then at the end, before leaving he turned back and waved at us :wub2:

And... it was f.cking raining outside when we left at 3AM, so most of the people left quickly. We stayed only around 10 people waiting for the van to leave. It came after 45 minutes or more, we were almost sure that he wouldn't stop because of the rain and late (but of course we wanted to see the van leave, "just in case" :naughty:) AND HE STOPPED the car!!!!! :fangurl:

He opened the door of the van and talked to us 5 minutes. Said among other things that it was "rassurant", reassuring (need the confirmation of a French fan for the exact word he used) to see us when he was on The Voice stage. Also that the day after would be his day off and that he was looking forward to spend it in Paris. And, first, that we were crazy for waiting for him so long under the rain :teehee:

So, it was such a nice evening for me, even better than last time. Going to The Voice feels for me as if going to spend a lovely funny evening with a friend (6 hours long!) and I love it :wub2:

Sorry for this long report, but I'm really in a fangirling mood now :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you so much for your long and detailed report! It was lovely to read!

Hope they show the Bohemian Rhapsody cover when they broadcast the program, must have been awesome!!!

One contestant was really touching: he played a very energetic song (can't remember which one, help, someone!) with guitar, I loved him. The coaches were also almost dancing on their chairs, but no one buzzed him.

Then they commented about his performance, and Mika said something like that "We are listening to so many contestants, sometimes we get too demanding and we forget that it can be a challenge to come to this level. I regret not having buzzed you, especially now that I see that you played like that with only one hand" (*Melanie discovering that the guy had actually only one hand, not having seen that before*) "your voice is great, but we hear so many wonderfull voices here, that we can't chose you. My own voice is not the best, I know that there are many other people who can sing much better than me. When I'm doing a cover it's always very difficult for me, very challenging. So what I did, is create my own world, my own music, so I can sing my own music. I advise you to do that, especially that you must have so many experiences to talk about. Start to write your own songs."

The guy was very touched, he cried a bit, and I saw on Twitter today that he twetted to Mika to thank him.

That is really touching! Once again Mika proves how sensitive and kind he is.

Interview of Florent Pagny, one of the coach

http://www.programme-television.org/news-tv/florent-pagny-mika-c-est-un-malin-2005

Florent Pagny's interview. He's one of the coaches

Florent Pagny : "Mika ? C'est un malin !"

Mika? He's cunning (or he's smart. "malin" has got several meanings in French)

Nous avons rencontré le chanteur à l'occasion de la sortie de son nouvel album, "Vieillir avec toi" (Capitol). L'occasion pour lui de nous en dire plus sur la saison 3 de "The Voice", et l'arrivée de Mika parmi les coachs...

We met the singer who's just released his new album "Vieillir avec toi" (=Getting old with you). We could learn more about the 3rd season of "The Voice" and about Mika's arrival among the coaches...

Vous avez repris les tournages de The Voice lundi dernier… Alors, ces retrouvailles ?

The shooting for The Voice started last Monday... How did it feel to be together again?

Ca se passe super bien ! Un vrai plaisir de revenir, comme les années précédentes !

It feels really good! It's a real pleasure to come back every year!

Et Mika, le petit nouveau, il est comment ?

What about Mika, the new boy? How is he?

Le petit nouveau, il fait 2 mètres ! (il rit) C'est un grand nouveau. Franchement, il est super ! Sympa, malin… Il argumente bien, on voit qu'il aime ça et c'est un pro. Il parle super bien Français, fait très peu de fautes, et quand ça arrive, c'est tellement mignon qu'on ne le reprend pas.

The new boy? He's 6 feet! (laughters). He's a big boy. Honestly, he's great! Nice, smart/cunning... He is persuasive, he's a professional and he obviously loves doing it. His French is very good, he hardly makes mistakes but when it happens, it's so cute we don't tell him.

De quel autre coach se rapproche-t-il le plus ?

Which coach is more like him?

Vous verrez qu'il va bien sur le terrain de Garou, dans la façon qu'il a d'argumenter pour récupérer les talents. Et sur celui de Jen. Il démarre très fort !

He's more like Garou. He's got a similar approach to be chosen by the contestants. He's also like Jen. He made a very good start! Les talents allaient tous dans son équipe le premier jour !

At first, all the contestants wanted to join his team! Certes, c'est le nouveau de la bande, mais il a un registre très large. Les talents ont tous envie de chanter en anglais.

Well, he's the new one but he's got a wide range. All the contestants want to sing in English. Mika est anglo-saxon, il a une carrière internationale et donc il n'est pas vu comme un coach "commun". Mika is an Anglo-Saxon. His career is international so he's not regarded as a "normal" coach. Mais il va bien devoir s'arrêter à un moment puisqu'il a droit au même nombre de talents que nous ! But as we all have the same number of candidates it will be over. !

Et il fait le show, debout sur son fauteuil Il fait le show depuis qu'il a 10 ans. Il aime ça ! Mika's a performer. He stands on his seat. He's been a performer since he was 10. He loves it!

Une petite pensée pour Louis Bertignac on imagine…

Forcément ! Mais je crois qu'il prépare un album et une tournée, donc il a besoin de temps. Et on va le retrouver dans The Voice Kids, que moi je n'ai pas fait.

L'année dernière, vous disiez "jamais deux sans trois". Et après ? Déjà partant pour une saison 4 ?

J'espère faire cette saison avec plaisir et que tout se passera bien jusqu'au bout. On verra à la fin, dans quel état d'esprit je serai. Je me laisse porter. A mon âge (il vient d'avoir 52 ans, ndlr), trop se projeter, c'est compliqué ! (il rit)

I haven't translated what was not about Mika ;)

Edited by macboll

Je n’écoute qu’Aqua / I only listen to Aqua

T’as une technique, mais tu la jettes par la fenêtre

You've got some technique but you throw it out of the window

J’entends un futur pour toi I can hear a future for you

Je n’étais pas vraiment dans ton intimité I was not really into your intimacy

Ça veut dire quoi punaise ? Putain? What does "punaise" mean? And "putain"? ("punaise" could be translated by gosh and "putain" by "fu*k")

« Je suis un con. » I'm a moron

« Je suis pas petit je suis grand. » Mika n'a pas l'air d'apprécier de se faire appeler le "PETIT nouveau". I'm not small, I'm tall

« Et mais c'est mon tour !!» (A Garou qui lui pique la parole) It's my turn when Garou speaks instead of Mika. Mika, Garou et Jenifer sont debour l'un devant l'autre pour comparer leur taille respective. Nikos :"C'est pas la taille qui compte." Mika a Nikos : « Qu'est ce que t'en sais ? » All the coaches stand up and compare their respective height and say "size doesn't matter. Mika replies "how do you know?"« Et mais pourquoi toi tu dis punaise et moi j'ai pas le droit de dire des gros mots ? »

Why can you say "gosh" and I'm not allowed to say four-letter words?"

« Et mais ton accent il est plus prononcé là ». (A Garou qui cherche à séduire une jeune acadienne pour aller dans son équipe) Your accent is more pronounced now to Garou who's Canadian and was speaking with a candidate from Canada with a more pronounced Canadian accent than he usually has when he talks to French people.« Mais j'suis pas un danger moi ». (Quand Jenifer dit à une candidate qu'elle devrait se méfier de trois hommes qui la veulent dans leur équipe)I'm no danger when Jenifer advises a female contestant to distrust the 3 male coaches who want her in their team.

Edited by macboll

Smells like Bohemian Rhapsody was mentioned.....

I can feel it even from the most distant MFC corner....:wink2:

Girls, please tell me more about that. Is there any video of Mika singing it with the coaches?

I read that Mika sang it with the other coaches. I must see this performance :wub2:

Do you think there will be a video of Bohemian Rhapsody sung by Mika and judges ? I`d love to see that moment..... Was it recorded?

Can anyone post a link or smt? Please:bow:

Sorry but we can't film, it will be broadcast on TV next year.

I'm a Queen fan but not fan of this emotionless performance of one of my favorite song :doh: The coaches were like kids on a playground at that time but but criticize candidates for not putting enough their heart on their sleeves.

He also said that women are singing with their sex, and men with their ass :aah:

Hahah, this sounds hilarious! I really wasn't sure what was happening when I asked Eva why Mika didn't push the light button for the contestant and she answered "he wasn't singing from his ass" :lmfao:

I'm a Queen fan but not fan of this emotionless performance of one of my favorite song :doh: The coaches were like kids on a playground at that time but but criticize candidates for not putting enough their heart on their sleeves.

Maybe they were afraid to take this song too seriously :dunno: I don't think they had much time to rehearse it and it's meant to be entertainment and they didn't look very serious when performing it. I was happy to hear it! I didn't know any of the three coaches in advance (as artists) so I was curious and was a great surprise to hear Mika singing.

I was at the auditions on Saturday as well, I haven't got much to add to Alireine and Nina's reports but still wanted to say it was a very interesting experience to see Mika in such a special setting. Spending 6 hours with Mika sitting in front of you is something I never thought I'd experience! I can't help thinking he'd better be writing or performing himself instead of being in this kind of shows but you can't deny he's really good at this. I think people will love him on The Voice.

We were so pleasantly surprised when we understood they were going to sing Bohemian Rhapsody! When they sang I was in my usual Mika gig mood (aka crazy) but in retrospect I have to agree with Sephira, it was not the most fantastic performance but totally typical of TF1 programmes IMO. Of course they cut the song so that's annoying in the first place...

As said before Mika waved at us and brought sweets in the audience, and was joking ALL the time with Garou, while Jenifer and mostly Florent Pagny were soon falling asleep.. I was surprised that no candidate had all 4 coaches turning their seats, but I was mostly happy when Mika didn't turn back and then explained why and I was thinking the same things as him. To me he brings a real different point of view compared to the other judges (regarding authenticity, sincerity and style).

The best thing of the night and a total surprise to me considering the circumstances was Mika stopping his car and taking some time to chat with us at the end :fangurl: (BTW thanks to the girls who were there, it's always a pleasure to see you and you're always so nice) He first asked what we were doing there at 3am under the pouring rain; then asked if the show wasn't too long and said most of it will be cut before broadcast. I gave him some regional treats and then as he understood I came from Lille he also noticed Nina was there (coming from much further lol). He then told us he had a day off yesterday and said it is reassuring for him to see familiar faces in the audience. It was so so sweet.. :wub2: Completely unexpected and one of my best memories with him (haven't talked much to him in my previous after gigs signing moments)

Honestly, he's just the best :wub2:

I've translated it #post428 is ok now. I can translate Mika's jokes that were collected by MikaFrance if you wish (post #421)

Thank you for all translations Muriel :huglove:

I was at the auditions on Saturday as well, I haven't got much to add to Alireine and Nina's reports but still wanted to say it was a very interesting experience to see Mika in such a special setting. Spending 6 hours with Mika sitting in front of you is something I never thought I'd experience! I can't help thinking he'd better be writing or performing himself instead of being in this kind of shows but you can't deny he's really good at this. I think people will love him on The Voice.

We were so pleasantly surprised when we understood they were going to sing Bohemian Rhapsody! When they sang I was in my usual Mika gig mood (aka crazy) but in retrospect I have to agree with Sephira, it was not the most fantastic performance but totally typical of TF1 programmes IMO. Of course they cut the song so that's annoying in the first place...

As said before Mika waved at us and brought sweets in the audience, and was joking ALL the time with Garou, while Jenifer and mostly Florent Pagny were soon falling asleep.. I was surprised that no candidate had all 4 coaches turning their seats, but I was mostly happy when Mika didn't turn back and then explained why and I was thinking the same things as him. To me he brings a real different point of view compared to the other judges (regarding authenticity, sincerity and style).

The best thing of the night and a total surprise to me considering the circumstances was Mika stopping his car and taking some time to chat with us at the end :fangurl: (BTW thanks to the girls who were there, it's always a pleasure to see you and you're always so nice) He first asked what we were doing there at 3am under the pouring rain; then asked if the show wasn't too long and said most of it will be cut before broadcast. I gave him some regional treats and then as he understood I came from Lille he also noticed Nina was there (coming from much further lol). He then told us he had a day off yesterday and said it is reassuring for him to see familiar faces in the audience. It was so so sweet.. :wub2: Completely unexpected and one of my best memories with him (haven't talked much to him in my previous after gigs signing moments)

Thank you Camille! So, the gift came from you :wink2: I couldn't see who was offering it to him, as I was fighting with all the umbrellas getting between him and me :aah::teehee:

OK, thanks....

I`m a Queen fan too.... but if you say it `s not worth seeing - I give it up.

Ça veut dire quoi punaise ? Putain? What does "punaise" mean? And "putain"? ("punaise" could be translated by gosh and "putain" by "fu*k")

That makes me laugh because I caught him on camera saying putain. :fisch: You can trust me, he already knew this word.

he knows very well what it means "putain", he asked if "punaise" mean "putain"

Thanks Steph for this post because the question, as posted on Mika France, meant something different. So he wanted to know if these 2 words meant the same :thumb_yello:

Thanks Steph for this post because the question, as posted on Mika France, meant something different. So he wanted to know if these 2 words meant the same :thumb_yello:

Ohhh right, I didn't get the sentence correctly. :doh: Not easy when you can't hear de pronounciation.

Thank you Camille :huglove:

I'm so happy reading this report :mikalove::mikalove::mikalove::mikalove: