MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

There is also a new video : http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/jenifer-florent-pagny-mika-et-garou-prets-pour-samedi-11-janvier-8335213.html

and an interview : http://www.metronews.fr/culture/the-voice-3-mika-je-recherche-un-chanteur-qui-puisse-faire-des-disques/mmlt!EUUuNQLt2LZ6E/

I made a translation:

Why did you agreed to participate at The Voice?

First, I like the concept of the show. I think it's fun. I like to take risks. I also appreciate the fact that we don't humiliate people, because they all have a certain level. I like the idea of revealing myself a little in the context of a music program. I want to have the greatest freedom possible to make my records and it's also important to communicate my personality.

Did you watch the last seasons ?

Most of the time, I watch TV when I'm in England or the United States, because I work there. I watched it in the United States, where they give more instructions. Here, there are nothing. We are not making TV, we do what we want. We are sincere even when we fight, it's true. I had proposals from other countries, but I can't say more. Besides the United States, France has the best show in the world. There is a subtlety, an intelligence. This is the most sincere version. And I love France! This is the first time since my childhood that I can spend more time here. This country is in my heart.

Was it difficult to integrate in a jury already formed 2 years ago ?

No, not at all. We're all working musicians. We're still touring, doing albums. We have a professional deal because we all have pretty much the same life, the same job. So it's very easy to integrate.

What kind of coach are you ?

I swore to myself that if I was doing a TV show, I had to do it as I want. I will not change. I imagine I'm in the studio with musicians or in a pub with friends at 10pm and I say exactly what I think. Sometimes I'm hard but only with people who have potential. We always need critics.

What kind of voice are you looking for in this program ?

I'm looking for someone who can communicate emotion. I've a problem with people who are listenning themselves. I don't necessarily want a Toyota 4x4. I'm looking for vintage cars, even very ugly 80s cars. That doesn't mean I'm looking for the most technically impressive voice. The truth is that I'm looking for a singer who can make albums. I make my choices thinking about the album and saying:'' Is that makes me want to write a song? ''' Is it going to tempt other authors to write songs?'' the voice is 50% song and prod represent the other 50%.

How would you describe your team ?

My team is extremely beautiful. Imagine fragile voices of 3 guys together with a cello and two guitars singing a song by Charlotte Gainsbourg,2 great theatrical voice interpreting a title of David Bowie,'' Life On Mars'', or a fado and folk singer singing'' Mama'' by Charles Aznavour. They aren't necessarily the greatest voices of the competition.

You will be helped in your work by Kylie Minogue. Why did you choose her ?

First, because I love her. It's clear! In fact, it's a professional of pop music. This is a star in the world and she has a long career. Kylie comes from TV and she survived this transition. She found her style and remains faithful. She is still sexy and naughty, even if she has more than 25 years old. Candidates can consider her as a source of inspiration. She has such a discipline to herself that I knew she would be quite sharp and very frank criticism. In this context, it's perfect, because she understands the dangers, the realities of the situation. It may be dangerous or a fabulous experience. There is a lot of media and in a few months, there will be nothing.

Did you created an affinity with the other coaches ?

Yes with all of them, but in a completely different way. Florent Pagny and I, we are always fighting but we love each other. I have enormous respect for him. I love him ! He is kind , sincere and frank .With Garou ,it 's like 2 guys in a pub. And Jenifer is like my little sister.

I understood you did some mistakes in French from time to time. Did you revise between the recordings ?

No, I have Florent Pagny ! He's everything I need. He's a dictionary, a grammar teacher. He corrects me every 30 seconds. He laughs about me and says: '' You can't say that ! '. I ask him to shut up when I'm talking, but he continues. Once, I told a singer she was good and he corrected me. :naughty:

You have joined the jury of The Voice, we also saw you in "Les Enfoirés" . Are you planning ,one day, to record an album in French?

Maybe after all Florent Pagny's lessons. But now, I have to work.

:)

Edited by vanessa-love-mika

There is also a new video : http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/jenifer-florent-pagny-mika-et-garou-prets-pour-samedi-11-janvier-8335213.html

and an interview : http://www.metronews.fr/culture/the-voice-3-mika-je-recherche-un-chanteur-qui-puisse-faire-des-disques/mmlt!EUUuNQLt2LZ6E/

I made a translation:

Why did you agreed to participate at The Voice?

First, I like the concept of the show. I think it's fun. I like to take risks. I also appreciate the fact that we don't humiliate people, because they all have a certain level. I like the idea of revealing myself a little in the context of a music program. I want to have the greatest freedom possible to make my records and it's also important to communicate my personality.

Did you watch the last seasons ?

Most of the time, I watch TV when I'm in England or the United States, because I work there. I watched it in the United States, where they give more instructions. Here, there are nothing. We are not making TV, we do what we want. We are sincere even when we fight, it's true. I had proposals from other countries, but I can't say more. Besides the United States, France has the best show in the world. There is a subtlety, an intelligence. This is the most sincere version. And I love France! This is the first time since my childhood that I can spend more time here. This country is in my heart.

Was it difficult to integrate in a jury already formed 2 years ago ?

No, not at all. We're all working musicians. We're still touring, doing albums. We have a professional deal because we all have pretty much the same life, the same job. So it's very easy to integrate.

What kind of coach are you ?

I swore to myself that if I was doing a TV show, I had to do it as I want. I will not change. I imagine I'm in the studio with musicians or in a pub with friends at 10pm and I say exactly what I think. Sometimes I'm hard but only with people who have potential. We always need critics.

What kind of voice are you looking for in this program ?

I'm looking for someone who can communicate emotion. I've a problem with people who are listenning themselves. I don't necessarily want a Toyota 4x4. I'm looking for vintage cars, even very ugly 80s cars. That doesn't mean I'm looking for the most technically impressive voice. The truth is that I'm looking for a singer who can make albums. I make my choices thinking about the album and saying:'' Is that makes me want to write a song? ''' Is it going to tempt other authors to write songs?'' the voice is 50% song and prod represent the other 50%.

How would you describe your team ?

My team is extremely beautiful. Imagine fragile voices of 3 guys together with a cello and two guitars singing a song by Charlotte Gainsbourg,2 great theatrical voice interpreting a title of David Bowie,'' Life On Mars'', or a fado and folk singer singing'' Mama'' by Charles Aznavour. They aren't necessarily the greatest voices of the competition.

You will be helped in your work by Kylie Minogue. Why did you choose her ?

First, because I love her. It's clear! In fact, it's a professional of pop music. This is a star in the world and she has a long career. Kylie comes from TV and she survived this transition. She found her style and remains faithful. She is still sexy and naughty, even if she has more than 25 years old. Candidates can consider her as a source of inspiration. She has such a discipline to herself that I knew she would be quite sharp and very frank criticism. In this context, it's perfect, because she understands the dangers, the realities of the situation. It may be dangerous or a fabulous experience. There is a lot of media and in a few months, there will be nothing.

Did you created an affinity with the other coaches ?

Yes with all of them, but in a completely different way. Florent Pagny and I, we are always fighting but we love each other. I have enormous respect for him. I love him ! He is kind , sincere and frank .With Garou ,it 's like 2 guys in a pub. And Jenifer is like my little sister.

I understood you did some mistakes in French from time to time. Did you revise between the recordings ?

No, I have Florent Pagny ! He's everything I need. He's a dictionary, a grammar teacher. He corrects me every 30 seconds. He laughs about me and says: '' You can't say that ! '. I ask him to shut up when I'm talking, but he continues. Once, I told a singer she was good and he corrected me. :naughty:

You have joined the jury of The Voice, we also saw you in "Les Enfoirés" . Are you planning ,one day, to record an album in French?

Maybe after all Florent Pagny's lessons. But now, I have to work.

:)

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot!! :huglove: Interesting interview - I wish MIKA lots of luck with his job in The Voice...:wub2:

Love,love

me

Most of the time, I watch TV when I'm in England or the United States, because I work there.

Or maybe he only watches them because he's just like every other Brit/American :naughty:

We always need critics.

You don't say. :fisch:

Thanks so much for the translation Vanessa. It's really good :flowers2:

Alreine, like every time it's very nice to read a report and to see you it was for you as spectators :original:

@Camille and Vanessa

Thank you very much for the translations :huglove:

And thanks to Elwendin for the transcript as well! I never dared to ask for a transcript as you all have so much to do with the translations already :blush-anim-cl: But from a learning point of view it's fantastic to have one. Of written French I get quite a lot by now, but spoken French is so hard (for me) as it's so hard to "separate" the words as "everything" is merged together and half of the letters are not spoken (at least if feels like that for me :aah:). And trying to get better with acoustic understanding is only possible if you know what was the actual words he was saying. So, thanks! (And sorry for being OT :teehee:)

:thumb_yello: Aawww - thank you! :wub2: Lucky people who will be so close to MIKA for such a long periode! :wink2: I would love to hear him singing the whole of "Everbody's talking" - and not only two sec. This is a real teaser... :teehee:

Love,love

me

Alreine, like every time it's very nice to read a report and to see you it was for you as spectators :original:

@Camille and Vanessa

Thank you very much for the translations :huglove:

And thanks to Elwendin for the transcript as well! I never dared to ask for a transcript as you all have so much to do with the translations already :blush-anim-cl: But from a learning point of view it's fantastic to have one. Of written French I get quite a lot by now, but spoken French is so hard (for me) as it's so hard to "separate" the words as "everything" is merged together and half of the letters are not spoken (at least if feels like that for me :aah:). And trying to get better with acoustic understanding is only possible if you know what was the actual words he was saying. So, thanks! (And sorry for being OT :teehee:)

I totally agree. Transcripts are so useful for me, too, because they make me understand how to read some words in French, and it'll help me understand something more if I ever get to find the videos of The Voice, in the future.

:thumb_yello: Aawww - thank you! :wub2: Lucky people who will be so close to MIKA for such a long periode! :wink2: I would love to hear him singing the whole of "Everbody's talking" - and not only two sec. This is a real teaser... :teehee:

Love,love

me

True, but... Silly question perhaps, since when does he play the guitar?

True, but... Silly question perhaps, since when does he play the guitar?

:naughty: You really can ask - if I didn't dream it, I think I've seen him at least holding a guitar earlier, but I doubt he's a good guitar player :aah: Then we would have known it, that's for sure ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Vincent Panozzo @vpanozzo

Dernier jour de tournage de l'année #thevoice @mikasounds cc @tristancarne pic.twitter.com/mOwNWKttoN

BcBsIw2IcAAMDzw.jpg:large

I agree!!! I always watch american series with subtitles, that helps a lot.

Yes, that's mostly how I learned understanding English :thumb_yello: Of course we had English in school, but I never had the feeling I could understand much if somebody was talking at the time, that changed only later.

I see there are no reports from yesterday's recording yet... I hope I will manage to remember most of the things.

We were quite a big group of fans (finally it was sorted out and everyone who wanted could get in despite the refused invitations) and I have to say we had a great view. Just good enough to see both the contestants and Mika. During the day other fans told me Mika would probably sing Underwater as it was announced in the shows recorded during the week. And indeed the first thing last night was Mika singing a magnificent version of Underwater with piano and strings, he did it twice and I think we all stopped breathing for these few minutes :wub2: Off the record he said he was really happy that he was allowed to have the strings played because they don't usual want strings on TV shows.

The show was good; once again we could see that Mika is very involved, for his team and for others', he always had a good analysis even if sometimes he struggles to go to the end of his ideas (but the other coaches do that as well) He chose a song by Radiohead and a song by Vanessa Paradis for his contestants last night. I liked both performances, I think it's safe to say they have a really good coach. Actually the 2 contestants that he didn't choose out of these 2 battles thanked him and said they learnt a lot with him, would have wanted to learn more. It also reminds me of people from the audience at the end whom I heard were saying that Mika was good, and that he missed his vocation, that he should have been a psychologist...

He was in a good mood and as we reported in yesterday's fan meeting thread, Mika suddenly came to us during a short break and asked if the party was good. That was very kind of him and so unexpected to us :wub2:

After the show he also stopped a bit at the exit; he was in the car driven by Florent Pagny so it was funny to see fans of Florent on one side and Mika fans on the other :biggrin2: (I'll let you guess on which side there were more fans :teehee:) He signed a few things and received a few gifts and when he saw some fans that he recognises well he thanked us for everything we have done and said it's beautiful to share these moments with us :wub2::wub2: (Thank you to the fan who had a video of that otherwise I would not remember what he had said :hypo:)

It was really a wonderful day from the fan meeting to the actual show and the few minutes with Mika at the end. I can't wait to go back for other recordings and also to finally see what the show looks like on TV :thumb_yello:

I see there are no reports from yesterday's recording yet... I hope I will manage to remember most of the things.

We were quite a big group of fans (finally it was sorted out and everyone who wanted could get in despite the refused invitations) and I have to say we had a great view.

That's just great!!!

Off the record he said he was really happy that he was allowed to have the strings played because they don't usual want strings on TV shows.

What's a string?

After the show he also stopped a bit at the exit; he was in the car driven by Florent Pagny so it was funny to see fans of Florent on one side and Mika fans on the other :biggrin2: (I'll let you guess on which side there were more fans :teehee:)

He signed a few things and received a few gifts and when he saw some fans that he recognises well he thanked us for everything we have done and said it's beautiful to share these moments with us :wub2::wub2: (Thank you to the fan who had a video of that otherwise I would not remember what he had said :hypo:)

Ahahahha ! This is a proper fans/car sharing!

Perhaps we could see that video as well? :wink2:

Thank you so much for reporting!

Edited by Elwendin

That's just great!!!

What's a string?

Ahahahha ! This is a proper fans/car sharing!

Perhaps we could see that video as well? :wink2:

Thank you so much for reporting!

Strings are instruments with strings; violins, guitars, cello... There were violins on this version, maybe another instrument too, I'm not sure

For the video I can't help you someone played it to me yesterday after he left but I'm not sure she's an MFCer...

We were quite a big group of fans (finally it was sorted out and everyone who wanted could get in despite the refused invitations) and I have to say we had a great view. Just good enough to see both the contestants and Mika. During the day other fans told me Mika would probably sing Underwater as it was announced in the shows recorded during the week. And indeed the first thing last night was Mika singing a magnificent version of Underwater with piano and strings, he did it twice and I think we all stopped breathing for these few minutes :wub2: Off the record he said he was really happy that he was allowed to have the strings played because they don't usual want strings on TV shows.

The show was good; once again we could see that Mika is very involved, for his team and for others', he always had a good analysis even if sometimes he struggles to go to the end of his ideas (but the other coaches do that as well) He chose a song by Radiohead and a song by Vanessa Paradis for his contestants last night. I liked both performances, I think it's safe to say they have a really good coach. Actually the 2 contestants that he didn't choose out of these 2 battles thanked him and said they learnt a lot with him, would have wanted to learn more. It also reminds me of people from the audience at the end whom I heard were saying that Mika was good, and that he missed his vocation, that he should have been a psychologist...

He was in a good mood and as we reported in yesterday's fan meeting thread, Mika suddenly came to us during a short break and asked if the party was good. That was very kind of him and so unexpected to us :wub2:

After the show he also stopped a bit at the exit; he was in the car driven by Florent Pagny so it was funny to see fans of Florent on one side and Mika fans on the other :biggrin2: (I'll let you guess on which side there were more fans :teehee:) He signed a few things and received a few gifts and when he saw some fans that he recognises well he thanked us for everything we have done and said it's beautiful to share these moments with us :wub2::wub2: (Thank you to the fan who had a video of that otherwise I would not remember what he had said :hypo:)

It was really a wonderful day from the fan meeting to the actual show and the few minutes with Mika at the end. I can't wait to go back for other recordings and also to finally see what the show looks like on TV :thumb_yello:

Just perfect :wub2:

He sang Underwater :swoon:

I'm glad all fans got in finally :woot_jump:

And Mika said hi at the meeting :swoon:

Aww I would have loved to be there :wub2:

I'm very happy for those who could :wink2: and if there's a way to see the video you mentioned I'd be very happy too :wub2:

And you could see him at the end :mikalove:

Aww I'm so fangurling reading this :mikalove:

Thank you so much for the report Camille :huglove::flowers2:

Thanks for the transcriptions and translations everyone!

And thank you Camille for your report :thumb_yello:

I have nothing more to add to this report, it was such a beautiful moment when he sang Underwater, and it was very interesting to listen to his comments (as usual :wink2:).

We wanted to try to do a video with Mika wishing Merry Christmas to his fans, we were ready but then he came out in Florent Pagny's car and everything went so quickly, it was not possible to talk to him about that actually. Sorry everybody :aah:

We wanted to try to do a video with Mika wishing Merry Christmas to his fans, we were ready but then he came out in Florent Pagny's car and everything went so quickly, it was not possible to talk to him about that actually. Sorry everybody :aah:

So nice of you!!!!!

Amazing report!!

How sweet and heartwarming what he said about sharing these moments with all of you:wub2: and so cool that he asked about the party!!!

Can't wait to see this performance of Underwater! Ans so much looking forward to following The Voice adventure:wub2: