Video interview @ 'Verissimo' on Italian TV Canale 5 -- Dec, 21st 2013

mari62

This looks like another interview of ridiculous adorableness. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I need to be alone so my husband won't get jealous, my daughter won't roll her eyes at me and yell "Obsessed!" (really, isn't the thirteen year old supposed to be acting like this, not me? ) and my son won't keep asking "When is Mika going to put on the clown makeup?" Maybe I'll have to lock myself in the bathroom.

And I think my next arts and crafts project will be to make copies of those awesome necklaces. I love them. Shouldn't be too hard as long as I can find some of those tassely things. And maybe if I wear them, some lonely Mika fan will see me for what I am, and we can become besties.

Can't wait for the translation, thanks Lucrezia!

This looks like another interview of ridiculous adorableness. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I need to be alone so my husband won't get jealous, my daughter won't roll her eyes at me and yell "Obsessed!" (really, isn't the thirteen year old supposed to be acting like this, not me? ) and my son won't keep asking "When is Mika going to put on the clown makeup?" Maybe I'll have to lock myself in the bathroom.

And I think my next arts and crafts project will be to make copies of those awesome necklaces. I love them. Shouldn't be too hard as long as I can find some of those tassely things. And maybe if I wear them, some lonely Mika fan will see me for what I am, and we can become besties.

I hope that happens whenever i wear any Mika things. So far no luck, but i'll keep trying :teehee:

Those tassels dont look too hard to make. I saw this tutorial on pinterest a few weeks back and thought of Mika's necklace http://blog.lulalouise.com/2013/06/diy-tutorial-how-to-make-tassel.html

Edited by kreacher

So, here's the translation of the entire interview! I made it with Elwendin :wub2:

The first 5 minutes:

Alvin: Everything is ok?

Mika: Yeah!

A: *looks the Xmas tree* OHHHH

M: I did everything by myself!

A: It's beautiful! So minimal

M: yeah it's minimal, very simple, very minimalistic, a little 60's style

A: but it's so beautiful... sorry but where will you spend Xmas?

M: me? in london!

A: so you feel at home in London

M: yes, but I could not go on, work and stay in Milan without having a Christmas tree.

A: You have a bit of Spanish accent when you speak

M: No I speak four languages​​, or it's better to say that I spoke four languages... I speak now only three languages: English, French and Italian, but before I even spoke Spanish but I forgot all because there is no space in my little head to speak Spanish as well as Italian. They are too similar and I forgot all the Spanish

A: wow so you've bought a house in Milan, you did the Christmas tree in milan, are you in love with Italy?

M: But I .... I love Italy ... but I like Italy from long time ... I am Lebanese

A: infact...

M: in England I'm a little strange for the British ... * laughs* a little ... in france I'm very comfortable ... because I always talk with my hands and this is something Lebanese,it's not a italian thing *gestures to alvin*

A: ah no it's lebanese for sure *jokes*

laughing together joking a bit about the fact that the gesture is Italian or Lebanese

A: you tried to be at your ease at least in gesticulation

M: gesticulation but also the culture ... I always say that this isn't an easy time for Europe but in Italy there is always life ... even in this very difficult time, there is always this Italian identity that is not very easy to break... it's something that I like a lot. Perhaps for this reason, I think that Italy is a fantastic country atm in Europe because it keeps this force

A: Talking about X Factor, from the beginning you were given as the winner, you have conquered all since the first episode, etc etc

M: this is the weirdest thing in the world because how did I conquer them?? it was a big... no! one of the biggest challenges of my life. Making a program on television, talking about the music in Italian was a great challenge: that's why I said "yes." I always say that every year I have to do at least one or two things that really scare me

A: ahhh to overcome the fear?

M: no no no no not only to overcome the fear but only to know that i'm alive

A: ok

M: This is the most important thing...

A: a word about elio morgan and simona ventura

M: So, Simona Ventura is a woman who I have much respect for her... she spent her whole life in television and it isn't easy to survive...these different transitions that she did... she is very smart ... People say: "ah she is not a musician... she is not all these things...." But she works with singers with passion, during and even after the program. For her it isn't just a little TV game! This is very nice because she makes the XFactor competition more credible and sincere.

A: Morgan...

M: Morgan ... but he is like a book very complicated. He is a bit like a metaphysical poetry: we can read and we understand a bit...then we think we understand it but after re-reading, you see so many things and we can always discover new things

A: are you talking about the divine comedy?

M: a bit... Dante... yeah he's like him

A: Indeed

M: He does not have a mirror in his house ... he has the divine comedy on the wall

A: hahahah

M: But he is a very intelligent man, very nice but at the same time very unpredictable, do you say it?

A: unpredictable

M: unpredictable yes! and for this he is always a shot of life. It 's like an espresso. I must always be ready to understand the situation because he is very unlikely and I like that

A: Elio?

M: Elio for me is the teacher! he is the most reasonably intelligent

Here we go. I kept the translation quite literal:

A: Italian audience already miss you. XFactor ends and we miss you. Where can we see you? I mean, will you stay in italy?

M: Yes, I have this flat in Milan, and I like it very much, but now I have to go, I'm like a bear, this is my hibernation period, I have to go to the studio, to hide, to write songs, I have to do all this to stay functional.

A: Songbook, this is kind of collection

M: yes, a collection about this part of my life, this chapter of my life. (underwaterrrrr :teehee:) This is not a best of, I don't like the idea of a best of, there are songs, that I wrote many years ago, which I always sing on stage, but I always change the versions when I do a gig, because I know it's a bit boring, not just for me, but for the audience too if I always sing the same versions of a song like grace kelly, for instance. So I change it all, maybe too much. The song book is for me an important thing because, even if I'm doing tv shows, I'm mainly a musician.

A: You always stand, especially lately, for the gay rights, also for the wedding, but you don't want to get married, am I wrong?

M: (chuckles) I don't want to. Traditionally... I don't want this too much.... but this doesn't imply that legally... I think that is very important to have legal defence (safety).

A: So, possibly children? Let's put it this way: how do you picture yourself in a twenty years?

M: I don't know, above all I hope to be alive. (underwaterrrr :teehee::teehee:) Perhaps, yes, children, but also with a lot of music, always working. Because my work to me isn't a work. To my work is easier than to brush my teeth, I keep saying this because it's true, when I was younger: "I don't want to take a shower, I want to go tho the piano and do stuff and write melodies.

A: this intuition to do stardust, just voice, just piano and Chiara, you changed it that much.... besides this fits very much to christmas mood...

M: I think that it has find its....

A: position

M: yes, its perfect sound for the song. This is unbelievable cause it demonstrates what I always say: we don't have to be stuck in boxes, the music categories. For instance, I wrote this song with Ali (? sorry, I don't know about it) and Benny Benassi but they do dance. But we can go from dance and do a song like me and chiara version of starsdut. This is nice, this is a nice axample that in music there are no borders, we don't have to think always like that (he do a movement with his hand to represents boundaries) .

A: Do you want to do some christmas whishes to the audience that love you so much?

M: yes, according to me this is for sure the best moment of the year. I want to truly thank all people who followed this adventure of mine, that I did this year with xf, and to thank in a general way since this discover of italian life and culture was one of the most beautiful moments in my life, so I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, cause I can't forget this experience. And hi Silvia (the showgirl who runs the show), this is for you (shows a christmas decoration), you too, you have a present for her (he's talking about the cd Alan is holding. )

A: oh no, this is for me, sorry

M: ah! Silvia, this isn't for you, it's for him. And this (the decoration) is for you. Sorry!

A: Well, thank you Mika. It was a pleasure, kudos for your italian and for you being like this. You brought us some joy and serenity

M: This is the way I am just in italian, 'cause in english I'm ugly.

Edited by Elwendin

A: Italian audience already miss you. XFactor ends and we miss you. Where can we see you? I mean, will you stay in italy?

M: Yes, I have this flat in Milan, and I like it very much, but now I have to go, I'm like a bear, this is my hibernation period, I have to go to the studio, to hide, to write songs, I have to do all this to stay functional.

M: yes, a collection about this part of my life, this chapter of my life. (underwaterrrrr :teehee:) This is not a best of, I don't like the idea of a best of, there are songs, that I wrote many years ago, which I always sing on stage, but I always change the versions when I do a gig, because I know it's a bit boring, not just for me, but for the audience too if I always sing the same versions of a song like grace kelly, for instance. So I change it all, maybe too much. The song book is for me an important thing because, even if I'm doing tv shows, I'm mainly a musician.

A: You always stand, especially lately, for the gay rights, also for the wedding, but you don't want to get married, am I wrong?

M: (chuckles) I don't want to. Traditionally... I don't want this too much.... but this doesn't imply that legally... I think that is very important to have legal defence (safety).

A: So, possibly children? Let's put it this way: how do you picture yourself in a twenty years?

M: I don't know, above all I hope to be alive. (underwaterrrr :teehee::teehee:) Perhaps, yes, children, but also with a lot of music, always working. Because my work to me isn't a work. To my work is easier than to brush my teeth, I keep saying this because it's true, when I was younger: "I don't want to take a shower, I want to go tho the piano and do stuff and write melodies.

A: this intuition to do stardust, just voice, just piano and Chiara, you changed it that much.... besides this fits very much to christmas mood...

M: yes, its perfect sound for the song. This is unbelievable cause it demonstrates what I always say: we don't have to be stuck in boxes, the music categories. For instance, I wrote this song with Ali (? sorry, I don't know about it) and Benny Benassi but they do dance. But we can go from dance and do a song like me and chiara version of starsdut. This is nice, this is a nice axample that in music there are no borders, we don't have to think always like that (he do a movement with his hand to represents boundaries) .

A: Do you want to do some christmas whishes to the audience that love you so much?

M: yes, according to me this is for sure the best moment of the year. I want to truly thank all people who followed this adventure of mine, that I did this year with xf, and to thank in a general way since this discover of italian life and culture was one of the most beautiful moments in my life, so I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, cause I can't forget this experience. And hi Silvia (the showgirl who runs the show), this is for you (shows a christmas decoration), you too, you have a present for her (he's talking about the cd Alan is holding. )

M: ah! Silvia, this isn't for you, it's for him. And this (the decoration) is for you. Sorry!

A: Well, thank you Mika. It was a pleasure, kudos for your italian and for you being like this. You brought us some joy and serenity

:thumb_yello: Grazie mille Lucrezia and Elwendin - you're priceless !! :huglove:

I think all Italiens have a good reason to be proud for being so nice to MIKA :wub2: You have made him love your country, culture, food etc even more now - I think you all can say "arrivederci" - cause he'll be back...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

This is what I like to hear from him)

Lucrezia and Elwendin - thank you so much!

Thanks for the translations -- even though I was pretty sure I understood the interview, it's nice to have the validation from native speakers. :thumb_yello:

And Elwendin -- about the "Ali" regarding Stardust, it's actually "Alle" or Alessandro Benassi. He's Benny Benassi's cousin, and they co-wrote Stardust with Mika.

:thumb_yello: Grazie mille Lucrezia and Elwendin - you're priceless !! :huglove:

I think all Italiens have a good reason to be proud for being so nice to MIKA :wub2: You have made him love your country, culture, food etc even more now - I think you all can say "arrivederci" - cause he'll be back...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

http://www.video.mediaset.it/video/verissimo/interviste/428945/a-casa-di-mika.html

That is brilliant. Thank you. It just proves, despite the talent shows he's still our Mika

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...