MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

MatthieuGrelierTV ‏@MatthieuGrelier 3h

Avis aux fans de @mikasounds , samedi dans #TheVoice il nous offre une sublime version piano - cordes de Underwater #mika #Battles

:wub2:

Can't wait :mikalove:

MatthieuGrelierTV ‏@MatthieuGrelier 3h

Avis aux fans de @mikasounds , samedi dans #TheVoice il nous offre une sublime version piano - cordes de Underwater #mika #Battles

:wub2:

Can't wait :mikalove:

It was amazing during the recordings, I can't wait to watch it on Saturday :wub2:

I'm toally sure of that, I'm not so lucky as you are and I'll have to watch it on my laptop :mf_rosetinted:

We were too far away to see his face expressions well, with TV montage it will be for sure even more amazing :wub2: and I hope someone can record it so we can download it :thumb_yello:

:huglove:

Here we are, as usual:

First of all I'm going to say that I think this performance is super interesting and I think that Jacynthe used her singer's technique, Emma, I felt a bit more your life and your experience during your performance, it's a privilege for us to see people who aren't scared to share their emotions and their stories as well. Now, I think that the power of J and her “marshmellowness”... for me it's J.

Firs of all, the technique is the base, and you have it. I want to push you all.

Mamma mia. It scared me a little. Why..because there was a kind of aggressiveness, I know it's a fight, so I wasn't at ease during the performance but there was a person who made me feel at ease. This person is Karin.

The song was quite perfect for Charlie tonight, I was waiting for the chorus and he lead me to it, But at the same time I can't imagine this competition without Iggit's voice. But I have to say that wih this performance I choose Charlie but at the same time I love Iggit.

So, for the next battle, it will be Akram avec Fabienne. Oh, it feels good to hear this smile one more time, honestly I was missing it.

Fabienne. Exuberant, weird/funny, she has some crazyness.

Akram, great singer, with a very interesting timbre, he's a bit weird.

They are two cases which are similar, but they are a bit opposite. Since the two of you are a kind of martians, with voices coming from I don't know where, from I choose Life on Mars by David Bowie.

Good morning, she's impressed.

This song isn't easy. Fabienne, is this the first time you listen to this song? You didn't know it.

You didn't as well. So, here we go.

(Kylie: which is the melody?) I don't know anymore, I lost it. I forget it a bit. We have a lot of work to do.

The coaching with Fabienne was a desaster. It started in a horrible way.

I know it? So you have to sing it again.

Akram, your turn. Stop. Do you have children Akram? How many? It's a bit like... yes, it starts as a lullaby and then it goes on like a nightmare.

Go, rock! Wait wait, wait. Together. It's powerful.

(Kylie: thanks and good luck) No, we don't say that in french. Never. We say merde

Noooo, we don't say thanks!

So, Akram, I want you to think of a picture: to pull a marshmellow. Take the words, cause the words are delicious, then you can go with something strong, start with something which is little.

Akram has to understand that he has a lot of power in his voice and that he has to handle it a little more. Cause if it gets out all togehter, it cruches us. He has to show us his heart as well.

Fabienne, go. No, it's not too much. We need a bit more indeed. Do what you want.

I saw Fabienne like a flower without water, she was bending a little, we lost her voice, I totally lost her smile.

I wait for the moment where A and F finally sing together in armony. I'm waiting for a great moment with this song.

The song is enormously difficult, you attacked with a strenght which impresses me a lot. For this, congrats.

It's awful, it's an awful situation. I know that Akram sang better, Fabienne knows it as well. But there's something mysterious in F, which interests me very much. She can paint an emotion, she can communicate something weird. I don't know. Can I call someone? I tell myself “why you was such an idiot to put these two singers together”. Tonight I chose F

Frankly I don't know, Jen. Cause I think that the two performances are totally different. Now, vocally I think that Amir was the stronger tonight. You, with some help, and a bit more control, will handle a bit more the voice and mix it with this presence that you hve on stage. Vocally I'm with Amir. 100% avec the presence, I'm with François. Framir.

For the next battle I choose two singers with a very peculiar voice, with a very contemporary french song. It will be you, K, with Y. It will be a song by Stromae, tous les memes.

This duo, is an evident one. It's a song which isn't easy to do. I think that only these two guys can convey something sincere and fun with this song.

No no no, come on, K, please. Take your time.

K and Y weren't secure of themselves. They weren't sure about the song, they even didn't know it very much, I'm not going to lie, I told to myself “What is going to happen, what I did.”

The words are super weird, for this song you are femmes . You are going to sing to her, so you have to convince her since now frankly I don't know if you are ordering a coffee, a beer or if you are saying something serious. There's nothing there.

It was very interesting cause Y immediately started to transform the song melody, the couplets, totally according to his style. And K did the same.

We rediscovered the singers we love, we rediscovered more than this, personalities that we love, this is the reason you are here. You have to put yourself at ease with this song, on your own way.

Oh la la, you did work hard, didn't you?

When you take a great note, make more space in your mouth, let's go.

It was a risky choice. It was a duo but honestly it was a duel as well. Thank you guys, thank you a lot.

I totally agree with Garou, Y is a great surprise, in a matter of fact, the two of them are a great surprise and I saw a potential in thetwo of you. Y, it's the first Time, I think, that you sang public song which doesn't belong to the culture you know well and you did it with class, elegance and you frankly deserve to be in this competition.

K you as well you are so strong in what you do, you have such a precise identity that you can take a song coming from wherever and get it close to you, and this isn't easy. The two of you have this talent. This is why I put you together. To me, personally and fot the music industry, I saw a star. I keep K.

I think honestly Garou you complicated the thing tonight. Cause it's hard. I think the song is really hrd, it goes up, it goes down, it requires a lot of energy but you need to sing really bery well so we forget the problems of accuracy, we forget a bit the song, we think of potential. In terms of accuracy, G was better but X is interesting me and I want to find our more so I'd would be more for X

Gahhh....

Finally got some Voice watching done today. Now I'm only 2 episodes and half a suite behind. I was impressed with Florent's perfotmance. He has a lovely voice.

Gahhh....

Finally got some Voice watching done today. Now I'm only 2 episodes and half a suite behind. I was impressed with Florent's perfotmance. He has a lovely voice.

He sang with Pavarotti :wink2:

[YOUTUBE]u5ImTjFhKuA[/YOUTUBE]

sorry, off topic! :blush-anim-cl:

Here we are, as usual:

Thank you Elwendin :huglove::huglove:

People, tonight is THE night! Underwateeeeeeeeer! :wub2:

We'll try to find a link to a file as soon as possible for the ones who can't watch it through TF1

We'll try to find a link to a file as soon as possible for the ones who can't watch it through TF1

Yes, please, I don't know how much time I can resist, for sure not until tomorrow!

Aaaah can't wait! Been thinking about watching this ever since the recording :wub2:

Can't wait! The performance is going to be amazing FOR SURE :wub2:

I have no words about Underwater perfomance of tonight. How lucky you were ppl who was there watching and listening that amazing man. I was crying infront of my laptop just watching him. I can not imagine if I had been there at the recordings... without any doubt, he's the best for me, noone can compares to him :wub2: He fills me with his voice, passion, sweetness and sensitivity :wub2::wub2: