2007 - MIKA @ Manchester Apollo: 19 Nov -- REVIEWS!

Ruth

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(Moderator's Note: Somehow Ruth's original post got muddled up when I moved it to this thread -- but it's here in Cassiopee's post in its entirety -- sorry Ruth!)

You are so right.

Look at the time! I can't believe that I'm first to post!

Mika was great, my camera was confiscated, we waited ages at the end but he did come out and talk and sign, and I met a fair few from here and there were loads of fans - even on a Monday night about 40 stood freezing. I have lost all sense of time but it was a L-O-N-G wait!!

He said you must be freezing and then asked if someone lived here - like it was always arctic but we'd be used to it.

On stage he told us that Martins wife was in the audience. He had two big girls off 'Shamed' (?) We saw them waiting for a local bus at 10 past midnight! One of them tried to pull Martin's pants down on stage. He introduced HMDYLM as the first time it had been sung 'in England'

I didn't think many knew that or Holy Johnny but it's hard to tell.

Audience reaction was great, band were super, Mika was energetic, happy, adorable and yummy.

That is all.

Night night

~x~

Thanks Ruth and goodnight!

On stage he told us that Martins wife was in the audience. He had two big girls off 'Shamed' (?) We saw them waiting for a local bus at 10 past midnight! One of them tried to pull Martin's pants down on stage.

Audience reaction was great, band were super, Mika was energetic, happy, adorable and yummy.

Thanks for your report! I'm glad you were having a great time! (despite the cold weather)

Why did they confiscate your camera? Were no cameras allowed at all??? :boxed:

nice informations you told us though :biggrin2:

can't wait to go to Newcastle and London now...(though I have to think of sth warm to wear!!!)

You are so right.

Look at the time! I can't believe that I'm first to post!

Mika was great, my camera was confiscated, we waited ages at the end but he did come out and talk and sign, and I met a fair few from here and there were loads of fans - even on a Monday night about 40 stood freezing. I have lost all sense of time but it was a L-O-N-G wait!!

He said you must be freezing and then asked if someone lived here - like it was always arctic but we'd be used to it.

On stage he told us that Martins wife was in the audience. He had two big girls off 'Shamed' (?) We saw them waiting for a local bus at 10 past midnight! One of them tried to pull Martin's pants down on stage. He introduced HMDYLM as the first time it had been sung 'in England'

I didn't think many knew that or Holy Johnny but it's hard to tell.

That is all.

Night night

~x~

:yay:

thanks!:thumb_yello:

I'm just back home and warming up!

Made it in the end after my housemate took pity on me and came along! She said she really enjoyed it!!!!!

As Ruth said don't think many people knew HMDYLM but I have a video of him smiling at me as I belted it out!! :wub2: I was standing on the front row next to Sparkley1 and her daughter Vix.

Holy Johnny made another appearance and I also have a fab video of him up on stage with the gang!! :naughty:

The show is his biggest ever as everyone has been saying and he really is in command over the show...band, audience and all.

Spoke to Andy the cameraman (will post more and a pic on his thread and he said he wanted to be called Doreen tonight!) :roftl:

The only bit that I got annoyed about was that Sara (as I suspected she would! :sneaky2: ) kept strutting about at the front of the stage when Mika and Cherisse were drumming on love Today which just blocked the view (you'll see in the vid!) I didn't pay to look at her in the foreground..........I wanted the drummers!! :wink2:

Everything else was the usual...he seemed happy and healthy, which is wonderful after the horrid illness scares of the past weeks.

Got to speak to him briefly afterwards and got a crazy close up of him posing for someone elses picture!

Pictures coming in a few moments.........videos to follow tomorrow!

I'm so glad I went now as he realy has cherred me up again! :blush-anim-cl:

What a star! :wub2:

Made it in the end after my housemate took pity on me and came along! She said she really enjoyed it!!!!!

As Ruth said don't think many people knew HMDYLM but I have a video of him smiling at me as I belted it out!! I was standing on the front row next to Sparkley1 and her daughter Vix.

Holy Johnny made another appearance and I also have a fab video of him up on stage with the gang!!

The show is his biggest ever as everyone has been saying and he really is in command over the show...band, audience and all.

Spoke to Andy the cameraman (will post more and a pic on his thread and he said he wanted to be called Doreen tonight!)

The only bit that I got annoyed about was that Sara (as I suspected she would! :sneaky2: ) kept strutting about at the front of the stage when Mika and Cherisse were drumming on love Today which just blocked the view (you'll see in the vid!) I didn't pay to look at her in the foreground..........I wanted the drummers!! :wink2:

Everything else was the usual...he seemed happy and healthy, which is wonderful after the horrid illness scares of the past weeks.

Got to speak to him briefly afterwards and got a crazy close up of him posing for someone elses picture!

Great report:yay:

i'm glad you had fun

can't wait for the pics and vids:punk:

Thank you!!!

:flowers2:

As Ruth said don't think many people knew HMDYLM but I have a video of him smiling at me as I belted it out!! :wub2: I was standing on the front row next to Sparkley1 and her daughter Vix.

Holy Johnny made another appearance and I also have a fab video of him up on stage with the gang!! :naughty:

Spoke to Andy the cameraman (will post more and a pic on his thread and he said he wanted to be called Doreen tonight!) :roftl:

Great report Vix, I'm so glad you went in the end, nothing like a little Mika love to cheer you up.

You managed to get some vids, so you didn't get your camera confiscated then.

I hope my stalkerboy was nice to you this evening, wonder what he'll call himself tomorrow? If he's been reading his thread he'll know what his name is on Thursday.LOL!

Great report Vix, I'm so glad you went in the end, nothing like a little Mika love to cheer you up.

You managed to get some vids, so you didn't get your camera confiscated then.

I hope my stalkerboy was nice to you this evening, wonder what he'll call himself tomorrow? If he's been reading his thread he'll know what his name is on Thursday.LOL!

LOL!

I waited til his back was turned then shouted "Andy!" and he turned around straight away! :roftl:

I asked him if he preferred Terry to Andy or Richard and he said Terry...........then he said about being called Dotreen for the night!! :naughty:

oooOOO!:yay:

thanks for the pics!!

they're amaaaaazing!

you must've had a good spot:thumb_yello:

umm...is that a big girl sandwich i see?? (second pic):naughty:

thanks again:flowers2:

LOL!!

He was actually ruffling Mikey's hair!!

He did it a few times actually and at one point pushed him out to the fron of the stage with a mike and made him do the "Ooooo, Ooooo's"!!! Poor Mikey!! :blink:

LOL!!

He was actually ruffling Mikey's hair!!

He did it a few times actually and at one point pushed him out to the fron of the stage with a mike and made him do the "Ooooo, Ooooo's"!!! Poor Mikey!! :blink:

:lmfao::naughty:

i see it noww:naughty:

i love seeing Mika and Mr.Choi interacting

it's so cute:wub2: