Literature By Louboutin

dcdeb

Saw this the other day on a few fashion blogs, but don't see any mention of it here yet:

-------------------

Literature By Louboutin

by Ella Alexander

21 September 2011

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN has launched his first ever book, a beautiful tome featuring the designer's most iconic styles as well as an insight into his influences and photos from his personal archives.

"Rizzoli approached me to work on a book together and it happened to be perfect timing as my 20th anniversary was approaching," Louboutin told us this afternoon. "Without a doubt my favourite element is the photography of the shoes by Philippe Garcia. In researching the book, I was also obliged to revisit my own personal archive of photos and sketches and I was impressed at the amount that I had saved from those early days.

"The most important thing to me when considering the photography was to ensure my favourite pieces from the 20 years photographed in a beautiful way. The choice of photographer was crucial - I didn't want to work with a fashion photographer who would be likely to photograph them in a seasonal way as a book has a much longer life than a magazine. The book also includes photography from a past collaboration with film director David Lynch and we made a conscious decision to shoot the shoes and bags chosen for the book against a light background to contrast against their darker aesthetic."

The book is divided into six chapters; the first documents Louboutin's biography, noting his early work for Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent; the second looks at the various interiors of the label's international stores; the third charts 20 years of Louboutin design, the fourth features intimate photographs of the designer's Paris and Egypt homes, while the fifth and sixth explore his collaboration with prestigious director David Lynch.

Louboutin has also recruited some of his favourite models and famous friends to contribute, including Dita Von Teese, Kristen Scott Thomas and Mika.

The iconic footwear designer isn't the only fashion name to announce plans of a book this week, Daphne Guinness is planning her first novel - although details are yet to be confirmed.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2011/09/21/christian-louboutin-launches-book

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! And I was talking to Ingie about him today!

I want one! :shocked: He's a genius, I SO love his shoes! And obviously my wish has nothing to do with the fact that Mika is contributing here. :teehee:

By the way... Does this relate to that clown pic from Twitter?

Great find, Deb! :huglove:

Interesting news! t4p Deb:thumb_yello:

By the way... Does this relate to that clown pic from Twitter?

Probably yes. I always thought that this pic had something to do with Louboutin. It's the exact same clown make up that he had at the Louboutin vids.

56049141U4hfGnvfLSS5001.jpg

it's possible to pre order it:

http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Louboutin/dp/0847836517/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316728830&sr=1-1

it will be released on october 25, 2011:biggrin2:

it's not a book to be released in paperback I'm afraid...and it costs too much :no:

sigh

maybe anyone will scan Mika's pics for us all? :original:

Probably yes. I always thought that this pic had something to do with Louboutin. It's the exact same clown make up that he had at the Louboutin vids.

Yep, I thought the same. :thumb_yello: Yay, it's gonna be cool. :teehee:

And yes, too expensive indeed. Almost R$ 200,00 for me. Sigh.

I might save up and get it. I shall explain that i need it as i am studying fashion :shun::naughty: And I actually drool over the shoes when i see them in RL :teehee:

If I do get it, i shall scan any pics of Mika in for you :biggrin2: Might be a while though... :teehee:

EDIT: saving a bit of my EMA and some money my grandma gave me for college and gonna get it! :boing:

I appreciate this is about his lifes work, but surely Christian realises there is global monetary crisis on, and that the price that's being asked is beyond most peoples budget?

It does look like an interesting book to read though.

• 2 weeks later...
I appreciate this is about his lifes work, but surely Christian realises there is global monetary crisis on, and that the price that's being asked is beyond most peoples budget?

This book is not for 'most people'. People who have ever considered buying any of his shoes will have no problem purchasing it. He could easily be selling this book for double the price - it is not for mass market shoppers.

The global monetary crisis does not stop him from selling $1700 shoes so I doubt he's given a second thought to a $100 book. His shoes are beautiful but I find this whole designer cult to be a scam and the Mika clown thing distasteful. I don't get it at all. I found CL's and Mika's correspondence entertaining as they seem to have a wonderful rapport, but I don't understand their professional involvement. I used to believe Mika when he said that he wasn't interested in the pretentious world of fashion. :blink:

The global monetary crisis does not stop him from selling $1700 shoes so I doubt he's given a second thought to a $100 book. His shoes are beautiful but I find this whole designer cult to be a scam and the Mika clown thing distasteful. I don't get it at all. I found CL's and Mika's correspondence entertaining as they seem to have a wonderful rapport, but I don't understand their professional involvement. I used to believe Mika when he said that he wasn't interested in the pretentious world of fashion. :blink:

how long did it last if it was even true? :aah:

he started posing back in 2007....

I found their correspondence entertaining too. At the same time it was kind of fake or well, edited. But it was in a magazine, so it's natural (who would like to open their totally honest correspondence public in a magazine?). I guess it was supposed to be just something fun.

I have never wanted or dreamed about Louboutin shoes, but I admit I would love to have this book about them :teehee: About fashion. Maybe Mika sees cloth/shoe designing as art and not as trendy fashion?

Thanks for the link, Eriko!

I don't think their correspondence was fake, but like tiibet said, it was editted. There must've been bits that they didn't want to share with the public, and so they were taken out. But the rest seemed fun and genuine.

I think the clown is very artful, especially because of the teardrop, glitter and frills. But I think that it's very much a matter of taste - my sister thinks it's scary and doesn't like it at all.

I don't think their correspondence was fake, but like tiibet said, it was editted. There must've been bits that they didn't want to share with the public, and so they were taken out.

So you think that they correspond with each other rather than talk? :blink:

To me the idea itself sounded fake and the article seemed to have been created on purpose to explain the nature of this highly inspirational friendship.

So you think that they correspond with each other rather than talk? :blink:

To me the idea itself sounded fake and the article seemed to have been created on purpose to explain the nature of this highly inspirational friendship.

I was really interested in these letters. They seem adorned, of course. And I think if they were genuine, they would be in French. Translated?

What I really would like to know: are they totally faked but based on interview with Mika and Loubi, or they are hard-edited real letters?

Archived