Mika @ French Radio France Bleu June 30. 2012 about the album and more

mari62

Mika @ France Bleu 30.06.2012

It's a phone call from London

Thanks to Ysa, we have a new interview of Mika for France Bleu that he made yesterday by phone:

Mika France ‏

Mika en itw sur France Bleu 30/06/12

Un clip est en préparation pour Celebrate. Merci @france_bleu pour le fichier :)

TRANSLATION: thanks Camille!! :flowers2:

Here is the translation :original:

Journalist: Hello Mika

M: Hello, how are you?

J : I'm fine and you?

M : Very good thank you.

J : I think you're in London right now, is that right?

M : Yes I'm in London, in the studio, working on the album artwork and the first video for Celebrate.

J : Is the album recorded?

M: Everybody asks me this question every morning. Even my manager asks me 'is it finished, is it finished?' In my opinion it will be finished in 2 weeks. At the moment I have 16 songs and I want only 12. So I need to drop some songs.

J : It must be quite a heartbreak to throw 4 songs away?

M : Yes I know but...

J : Are you the only one to make decisions about this kind of things? Do you ask for advice to people close to you, which you trust?

M : Honestly, I would really like to say I'm on my own in a small tower making all my decisions but the truth is that it's my friends, it's my sisters, it's even press from time to time, or little things that people tell me on the Internet

J : I read that this album will present a more adult and less light side of Mika. But what we like from you is this lightness and the fact that you are not necessarily very adult

M : Not necessarily very adult; thank you that's really nice...

J : It's a compliment coming from me

M : Truth is that there's a feeling when you listen to this album, a feeling of joy, and a sort of lightness; we released a song called Make You Happy, which is only on the Internet for example and it is not light at all; but it's kind of an extremity of the album, but in songs like The Origin of Love or Underwater or Lola or others there's a sort of very sincere and very honest joy and also a sort of softness in the way I produced the songs. For me it's much more important to have a feeling of joy in a song, in an album than to have a 'childhood' feeling.

J : We're keeping you with us Mika, we are going to listen to Celebrate that we discovered very recently and we come back with you afterwards.

J : When will the album be released? It's on the 17th of September I think...

M : Yes I think it's on the 17th of September.

J : It will be one of the good things for the start of the year. Apart from this, there are some other good news as you will come back here, which is kind of your home too, very soon on the 7th of July, you will be at the Déferlantes in Argelès, which is a big festival, and you'll be the star of the opening day. I'd like to say to all those who still haven't seen you on stage that they really have to, because on stage you 'explode', you're a stage animal

M : When I go on stage, most of the time when I get off the stage I don't remember what happened on stage. I don't know why, it's always been like that, I go on stage and I become something different, I don't know why.

J : Are you really someone else when you're on stage? This explosive and extrovert character is extraordinary, I remember seeing you at the Cirque d'Hiver which was a crazy gig, at the end you were standing on the piano!

M : At the Cirque d'Hiver, during the whole day I was really scared because it's an astonishing venue, the audience is all around you on 360°, and I was so scared for this gig that during the day people looked at me and I was almost like invisible, and I went on stage and there I'm like a boxer during his match, I can't lose, I need to be totally in it because I'm in some sort of bullring.

J : We'd like to have a secret on the making of these new songs. In what kind of feeling do we have to be when we are composing and that we are Mika? In love, in a break-up? We'd like some secrets.

M : You have to feel something. Either you have to be broken-hearted or you have to be in love, or you have to be completely happy in a way. What is worse is when you don't feel anything.

J : Of course we French people have another question; will there be some other French songs in this album?

M : There is Elle Me Dit and 3 others on this album. I'd like to mix the 3 or 4 French songs in the 12 English songs, for example there will be 2 songs in English, and then one in French and then something else in English, because for me it represents my universe, I am an artist who works in 2 languages more and more; until the age of 9 I only spoke French. So it's important to represent this in an honest way, and I think that mixing the French songs amongst the English ones would be cool.

Edited by mari62
adding translation

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika @ France Bleu 30.06.2012

It's a phone call from London

we need a translation please!

I haven't listened to it yet but I'm willing to translate :wink2:

Thanks for posting

M : Yes I'm in London, in the studio, working on the album artwork and the first video for Celebrate.

M: Everybody asks me this question every morning. Even my manager asks me 'is it finished, is it finished?' In my opinion it will be finished in 2 weeks. At the moment I have 16 songs and I want only 12. So I need to drop some songs.

J : Are you the only one to make decisions about this kind of things? Do you ask for advice to people close to you, which you trust?

M : Honestly, I would really like to say I'm on my own in a small tower making all my decisions but the truth is that it's my friends, it's my sisters, it's even press from time to time, or little things that people tell me on the Internet

J : I read that this album will present a more adult and less light side of Mika. But what we like from you is this lightness and the fact that you are not necessarily very adult

M : Truth is that there's a feeling when you listen to this album, a feeling of joy, and a sort of lightness; we released a song called Make You Happy, which is only on the Internet for example and it is not light at all; but it's kind of an extremity of the album, but in songs like The Origin of Love or Underwater or Lola or others there's a sort of very sincere and very honest joy and also a sort of softness in the way I produced the songs. For me it's much more important to have a feeling of joy in a song, in an album than to have a 'childhood' feeling.

J : We're keeping you with us Mika, we are going to listen to Celebrate that we discovered very recently and we come back with you afterwards.

J : It will be one of the good things for the start of the year. Apart from this, there are some other good news as you will come back here, which is kind of your home too, very soon on the 7th of July, you will be at the Déferlantes in Argelès, which is a big festival, and you'll be the star of the opening day. I'd like to say to all those who still haven't seen you on stage that they really have to, because on stage you 'explode', you're a stage animal

M : When I go on stage, most of the time when I get off the stage I don't remember what happened on stage. I don't know why, it's always been like that, I go on stage and I become something different, I don't know why.

J : Are you really someone else when you're on stage? This explosive and extrovert character is extraordinary, I remember seeing you at the Cirque d'Hiver which was a crazy gig, at the end you were standing on the piano!

M : At the Cirque d'Hiver, during the whole day I was really scared because it's an astonishing venue, the audience is all around you on 360°, and I was so scared for this gig that during the day people looked at me and I was almost like invisible, and I went on stage and there I'm like a boxer during his match, I can't lose, I need to be totally in it because I'm in some sort of bullring.

J : We'd like to have a secret on the making of these new songs. In what kind of feeling do we have to be when we are composing and that we are Mika? In love, in a break-up? We'd like some secrets.

M : You have to feel something. Either you have to be broken-hearted or you have to be in love, or you have to be completely happy in a way. What is worse is when you don't feel anything.

J : Of course we French people have another question; will there be some other French songs in this album?

M : There is Elle Me Dit and 3 others on this album. I'd like to mix the 3 or 4 French songs in the 12 English songs, for example there will be 2 songs in English, and then one in French and then something else in English, because for me it represents my universe, I am an artist who works in 2 languages more and more; until the age of 9 I only spoke French. So it's important to represent this in an honest way, and I think that mixing the French songs amongst the English ones would be cool.

Merci Camille :huglove:

Oh thanks Camille. He is finally clear on the French he spoke in childhood (versus English). It's only taken 6 years. :lmfao:

I can't believe he's not cutting songs until this late stage in the process. Seems like a total waste. I hope they will be bonus tracks.

Thank you so much for the translation!

Oh thanks Camille. He is finally clear on the French he spoke in childhood (versus English). It's only taken 6 years. :lmfao:

I can't believe he's not cutting songs until this late stage in the process. Seems like a total waste. I hope they will be bonus tracks.

I thought of you when I heard it this morning...

I think it could be 12 English songs + 4 French songs so he is only cutting 4 English ones from the French version.

That's probably why the journalists in France only got to review 8 songs - the eight that are common on both versions of the album.

Thank you for the translation!!!!

"M : Honestly, I would really like to say I'm on my own in a small tower making all my decisions but the truth is that it's my friends, it's my sisters, it's even press from time to time, or little things that people tell me on the Internet"

He means the Weather Song, isn't he? :naughty: