Any Christians?

JoPerrin

Oh, and I found this cartoon when I went looking for pics of Joan of Arc...

JoanOfArc.sized.jpg

Joan of Arc is my second fav. saint:wub2: right after St. Bernadette! haha have you ever seen the movie on Joan? really cool:punk:

Oh and guess what! I joined Bible Study today at church with my mom on monday nites! They said they've never had someone so young interested, and if more teens come they'll start a Teen Bible Group!:bleh:

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joan of Arc is my second fav. saint:wub2: right after St. Bernadette! haha have you ever seen the movie on Joan? really cool:punk:

Oh and guess what! I joined Bible Study today at church with my mom on monday nites! They said they've never had someone so young interested, and if more teens come they'll start a Teen Bible Group!:bleh:

Joan of Arc is totally cool!

I haven't seen the movie, I'll have to look for it.

Hmm..I don't know if I have a favorite saint. I really like Padre Pio, Maria Goretti, Marcelino, and St. Therese.

Hmm..I don't know if I have a favorite saint. I really like Padre Pio, Maria Goretti, Marcelino, and St. Therese.

ooo Mother Therese is really sweet....have you seen the movie on her:naughty:

and Marcelino is sooo cute! haha i love that story:wub2:

I haven't heard of the others, i'll have to look them up!:original:

ooo Mother Therese is really sweet....have you seen the movie on her:naughty:

and Marcelino is sooo cute! haha i love that story:wub2:

I haven't heard of the others, i'll have to look them up!:original:

No.:roftl:

I'll PM you about them so we don't totally take over this thread for anyone who isn't Catholic.:naughty:

No.:roftl:

I'll PM you about them so we don't totally take over this thread for anyone who isn't Catholic.:naughty:

Well my mom is a Humanities teacher at a university so she shows clips of religioius movies to her students so I always end up watching them with her, and they turn out to be really interesting!

okay:thumb_yello:

Well I'll chat later, for now lots of stuff to do!:wink2:

Well my mom is a Humanities teacher at a university so she shows clips of religioius movies to her students so I always end up watching them with her, and they turn out to be really interesting!

okay:thumb_yello:

Well I'll chat later, for now lots of stuff to do!:wink2:

Ah, I see. That's pretty neat. :)

Okay, have fun. :wink2:

I think I should get back into my book..:naughty:

hmmm you mean the Altar? I think it stays white, but the priest changes colors every church season....so for like Advent he would wear purple and Ordinary Time he wears green.:bleh: The altar servers wear red and white year round.

Around Pentecost he would wear red... and usually wears red when there's confirmation cause it represents the Holy Spirit...

I'm at the same point right now. I'm going into my senior year in high school now, and I'm just confused with what I'll be doing with my life at the moment. I definitely know I want to serve God in some way, I just don't know how yet.

I might become a consecrated woman, missionary, social worker, theology teacher..not sure yet. I'm still listening for the calling.

And I'm also a baby in my faith, so I definitely really need God in my life right now.

Oh I see. I don't think I could help you much since I'm not from Australia, but I hope you can find it.

I just googled Christian t-shirts and saved the little display images of the design.:thumb_yello:

Some people seem to think I've just wasted 4 years of uni, but I don't care. It was making me unhappy... and I wouldn' say it was entirely wasted. I did get to do Catholic Studies after all!

Hahaha! I love it!

I thought it was amusing... there was another one, but it wasn't as funny...

Joan of Arc is the saint I picked fr confirmation... I remember playing a game based on her life when I was little, and for some reason French thing seem to stick in my mind... good example is my username... it's the name of a French photojournalist in a game, and I'm interested in reading about Knights templar, who also featured in the game and had a preceptory in France (I think)...

But that's going off topic...

And that's pretty cool about the bible study group!

Which one?

If you're talking about the one with Leelee Sobieski, then yes I have... I have it on DVD, and I actually watched some of it last night...

I had a... strange experience last night involving Joan of Arc...

I was playing my xbox after I watched JoA, and all of a sudden she popped into my mind... which is strange cause I was concentrating on the game (I was playing Guitar Hero)... anyway, I ended up being really distracted and jumpy and couldn't sit still... I went to bed, prayed, and then started to feel calmer...

I ended up reading some of the stuff I kept from doing Catholic Studies at uni, then suddenly felt really jumpy and distracted again... I ended up searching for my Bible under my bed (but didn't find it), but I grabbed my uncle's Bible and started reading it... and felt calm again... it was very strange and confusing...

Have you girls got any thoughts about it?

I was playing my xbox after I watched JoA, and all of a sudden she popped into my mind... which is strange cause I was concentrating on the game (I was playing Guitar Hero)... anyway, I ended up being really distracted and jumpy and couldn't sit still... I went to bed, prayed, and then started to feel calmer...

I ended up reading some of the stuff I kept from doing Catholic Studies at uni, then suddenly felt really jumpy and distracted again... I ended up searching for my Bible under my bed (but didn't find it), but I grabbed my uncle's Bible and started reading it... and felt calm again... it was very strange and confusing...

I don't actually really know anything about saints, and I am probably the only person in the world that doesn't know what Joan of Arc did. All I know is she was killed. I need some enlightenment.

I wonder if God is trying to tell you something through what Joan of Arc did or experienced?

Shes telling you trying to play paradise city is of the devil :naughty::naughty:

Morning everyone:thumb_yello:

Oh that's great! Does your church not have any youth events or programmes? My church has a lot of young people attend so they are very much catered for. There are also quite a few older people who are also very involved.

I know Bible Study can sound boring, but I have been shown that it is a neccessity to encourage fellowship, promote being active within the church and help people on their personal journey and to connect with God. I meet regularly with an amazing, amazing group of girls... I couldn't live without them.

I really hope your church see a way to providing that kind of thing for the youth at your church. :)

I don't actually really know anything about saints, and I am probably the only person in the world that doesn't know what Joan of Arc did. All I know is she was killed. I need some enlightenment.

I wonder if God is trying to tell you something through what Joan of Arc did or experienced?

She was martyred...

She heard voices (I think it was St Catherine and St Michael) and htye told her that she had to lead the French people to kick out out the English...

Basically...

Shes telling you trying to play paradise city is of the devil :naughty::naughty:

Morning everyone:thumb_yello:

:lmfao:

You're a smart arse! But very right!

:naughty: I don't get it. :roftl: What's Paradise City?

It's a song... it's by Guns and Roses right?

Oh, and Freddie, did you see the link to a vid in the British and Proud thread?

She was martyred...

She heard voices (I think it was St Catherine and St Michael) and htye told her that she had to lead the French people to kick out out the English...

Basically...

Oh right. I might have to watch the movie. Do you particularly relate to her or appreciate what she did?

When you prayed and read a bit of your uncles bible did the passage you read seem to relate in any way?

Oh right. I might have to watch the movie. Do you particularly relate to her or appreciate what she did?

When you prayed and read a bit of your uncles bible did the passage you read seem to relate in any way?

I found her interesting... I admire how she stood by her beliefs even though they put her to death because of them...

It didn't relate to me... that's the strange thing...

Hey girls!

thanks for the welcome. Kinda busy last night and this morning but I'll post later :wink2:

For now I will add one thing, lol: I see ye're talking about music...I love Backstreet Boys :blush-anim-cl:, and one of the members, Brian Littrell, has a brilliant Christian album...do any of ye know it? It's called Welcome Home. He also released a beautiful song (not on that album) called In Christ Alone, here's a live perfomrance if anyone wants to check it out :wink2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49JArzNC3QQ

I've missed a fair bit of this thread, but reading back just a couple of pages I found this. I got really excited cos I thought it might be the song that I know.... and it is!!! Our choir (called Songsters) sing this one. Well, they haven't lately, but they used to do it a couple of years ago when I was still in Songsters. It's a gorgeous song, with really beautiful words. Thanks for posting it Niamh and reminding me of it.

Hahaha how sweet! Were they good? :das:

I've been great, thanks for asking, how have you been??

Yes they are very good! (Fancy implying that there are none left by saying "Were they good?!"):bleh:

How have I been? Average. Not dreadful, not great. Just average. Can't complain tho. (Although I will whine about Mika to anyone who wants to listen:naughty:)

I'm at the same point right now. I'm going into my senior year in high school now, and I'm just confused with what I'll be doing with my life at the moment. I definitely know I want to serve God in some way, I just don't know how yet.

I might become a consecrated woman, missionary, social worker, theology teacher..not sure yet. I'm still listening for the calling.

And I'm also a baby in my faith, so I definitely really need God in my life right now.

No way, I had no idea he became/was a Christian singer!

I used to looove the Backstreet Boys! hah

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out now.

Hehehe, yeah....well. BSB are still together (unfortunately I couldn't go to see them this yr. although I had tix for TWO of their shows :tears: ) but yeah he's working on Christian music; he has done for a while now. :thumb_yello:

About what you said above; try not to worry about it. these things happen when they're meant to happen, and you'll find that by just keeping your heart open, the right thing will find you! :huglove:

I've missed a fair bit of this thread, but reading back just a couple of pages I found this. I got really excited cos I thought it might be the song that I know.... and it is!!! Our choir (called Songsters) sing this one. Well, they haven't lately, but they used to do it a couple of years ago when I was still in Songsters. It's a gorgeous song, with really beautiful words. Thanks for posting it Niamh and reminding me of it.

Ah I'm glad you know it! It's really gorgeous, isn't it??? I love it. I imagine it'd be beautiful sung by a choir.

(I'm always pleasantly surprised when someone knows how to spell my name properly :naughty::thumb_yello: )

Okay I need to get dressed.....talk laters!

Joan of Arc is the saint I picked fr confirmation... I remember playing a game based on her life when I was little, and for some reason French thing seem to stick in my mind... good example is my username... it's the name of a French photojournalist in a game, and I'm interested in reading about Knights templar, who also featured in the game and had a preceptory in France (I think)...

But that's going off topic...

And that's pretty cool about the bible study group!

QUOTE]

a game on Joan of Arc?! that sounds really awsome! I got way into her around 10 years old....haha, but [this is really embarassing] pretty much the only reason I didn't choose her for my Confermation was because I didn't like the name:blush-anim-cl:but I also loved St. Bernadette...so I chose her:wub2:

Oh that's great! Does your church not have any youth events or programmes? My church has a lot of young people attend so they are very much catered for. There are also quite a few older people who are also very involved.

I know Bible Study can sound boring, but I have been shown that it is a neccessity to encourage fellowship, promote being active within the church and help people on their personal journey and to connect with God. I meet regularly with an amazing, amazing group of girls... I couldn't live without them.

I really hope your church see a way to providing that kind of thing for the youth at your church. :)

My church only started a few years ago, and we are currently holding mass in a Cafeteria!!:roftl: we do have a youth group for highschoolers, but I don't think it's really big, and the only reason kids actually go is either cuz their parents forced them too, or it's just free entertainment with their friends:thumbdown:

Wow! I really hope I can get somehting started for a Teen Study group:punk:....Unfortunatly, i'm moving next summer to university soooooo:naughty:

I'm great! :)

Ugh, i'll share an experience I had on Friday that wasn't exactly the best.

We were in a cab from NJ to NY and the driver was switching the stations when we heard someone talking about Mormonism.

Basically, he was saying that everything about my church was blasphemy---and that Mormonism is the furthest thing from Christianity, that our doctrine is an abomination against god, and that everything in our church contradicts itsself, so we are wrong to believe it and are going to burn in hell for following this religion.

I got sooooo pissed off.

AND They were selling DVD's and telling people to give them to Mormons to make the get back on the "right path to god."

I can understand discussing religion, but when you start bashing a religion, isn't that a bit much?

aslfkdjlsadfjalsfd.

I'm great! :)

Ugh, i'll share an experience I had on Friday that wasn't exactly the best.

We were in a cab from NJ to NY and the driver was switching the stations when we heard someone talking about Mormonism.

Basically, he was saying that everything about my church was blasphemy---and that Mormonism is the furthest thing from Christianity, that our doctrine is an abomination against god, and that everything in our church contradicts itsself, so we are wrong to believe it and are going to burn in hell for following this religion.

I got sooooo pissed off.

AND They were selling DVD's and telling people to give them to Mormons to make the get back on the "right path to god."

I can understand discussing religion, but when you start bashing a religion, isn't that a bit much?

aslfkdjlsadfjalsfd.

Aww, Hil, I'm really sorry.

I personally get a bit angry when I hear people preaching messages of people burning in hell if they don't believe the same things as the preacher.

We are all called to look upon each other with love and respect.

Condemning people and telling them they will burn in hell isn't loving them, respecting them, or bringing these people closer to God. In fact, these people will turn away from God. We have to reach out to others with love, as Christ did. Jesus never looks upon us judgmentally and he never condemns us. He draws us nearer in a loving way, not out of fear by telling others they will burn in hell.

Don't feel bad, I'm in a Christian club at my high school, and it seems like every week Catholics are being patronized. People are constantly making fun of the religion, mocking it, and saying Catholics need to be converted. It gets frustrating but I try not to let it bring me down.

Aww, Hil, I'm really sorry.

I personally get a bit angry when I hear people preaching messages of people burning in hell if they don't believe the same things as the preacher.

We are all called to look upon each other with love and respect.

Condemning people and telling them they will burn in hell isn't loving them, respecting them, or bringing these people closer to God. In fact, these people will turn away from God. We have to reach out to others with love, as Christ did. Jesus never looks upon us judgmentally and he never condemns us. He draws us nearer in a loving way, not out of fear by telling others they will burn in hell.

Don't feel bad, I'm in a Christian club at my high school, and it seems like every week Catholics are being patronized. People are constantly making fun of the religion, mocking it, and saying Catholics need to be converted. It gets frustrating but I try not to let it bring me down.

I can empathize with you, Jess. At my school, we have a class about the church that you can take, and if you're in it and actually go to learn about the church, you get mocked and torn down.

I'd like to think I have pretty thick skin, because usually stuff doesn't get to me---but this just blew me away. But most especially since I'm not considered a "real" Christian in the eyes of other religions. That kind of makes me irritated. If you look at my religions title (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) it's based around the teachings of Christ.

But, whatevs.

I like my church. God loves me. What more could I ask for?:wink2:

I know I keep mentioning Keith Green in here, but I can't help it. Here's one of his songs that's been really striking a chord with me lately.

Here's a live version of it (quality isn't the best...so I included the lyrics).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S0yGwIQ5HA

How can they live without Jesus

How can live without God's love

How can they feel so at home down here

When there's so much more up above

Throwin' away things that matter

They hold on to things that don't

The world has gone crazy

But soon maybe

A lot more are gonna know

For maybe they don't understand it

Or maybe they just haven't heard