Any Christians?

JoPerrin

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey girls!! Sorry I haven't been on here properly in a while...how is everyone??

I feel reeeeally strongly about the gay issue.....I honestly believe that it was never part of Christ's message. People are born gay, there's NOTHING wrong with it. I believe that this is another abuse by the church trying to keep control over things...I mean the same as (in the Catholic Church anyway) not allowing women priests, scaring people into believing that everything is sinful...that word makes me mad.....

So, I think gay people have as much right as straight people to get married and have children. All the reasons that the church proposes against this make no sense..for example, one of their reasons is that man and woman can procreate, right? Ok..so then, does that mean that couples who can't conceive, or old couples, have no right to get married??? They also claim that gay parents will bring up gay children...yeah right, cos all straight parents bring up straight children...

I'm sorry, i don't mean to have a go at anyone but this is one of the biggest issues in the church that makes my blood boil.

I also have to question a church which claims to be all-inclusive, loving and accepting, which then feels it has the right to damn people to hell for not adhering to their way of life.

Okay, rant over!

How are you all?

Well I know my church disapproves of it, but my opinion: As long as they don't go around tryin' to make me gay, I'm not gunna go around tryin' to make them straight:bleh: That's all, I'm completely neutral, I see both sides of the fence on this issue.

hey girls!! Sorry I haven't been on here properly in a while...how is everyone??

I feel reeeeally strongly about the gay issue.....I honestly believe that it was never part of Christ's message. People are born gay, there's NOTHING wrong with it. I believe that this is another abuse by the church trying to keep control over things...I mean the same as (in the Catholic Church anyway) not allowing women priests, scaring people into believing that everything is sinful...that word makes me mad.....

So, I think gay people have as much right as straight people to get married and have children. All the reasons that the church proposes against this make no sense..for example, one of their reasons is that man and woman can procreate, right? Ok..so then, does that mean that couples who can't conceive, or old couples, have no right to get married??? They also claim that gay parents will bring up gay children...yeah right, cos all straight parents bring up straight children...

I'm sorry, i don't mean to have a go at anyone but this is one of the biggest issues in the church that makes my blood boil.

I also have to question a church which claims to be all-inclusive, loving and accepting, which then feels it has the right to damn people to hell for not adhering to their way of life.

Okay, rant over!

How are you all?

I couldnt agree with you more, this is the one subject that is a never ending battle between mine and my father, and i am deeply passionate about it...

See my best friend is gay...like GAY GAY and I love him to death...we are both Christian and we both attend church, him more than me sometimes, and I believe that just because he is gay doent make us anymore or less christian than other. He loves the lord and so do I, and personally I believe that those people out there who call themselves christian who are predjudice against gays are not real Christians, the Lord says treat others how you wish to be treated, he says that we are all brothers and sisters and to love eachother, and that hate is just the work of the devil and that we should work hard and stick together to avoid the temptations of the devil. I personally believe that 'Christians' should love, respect, and welcome all of the Lords children into thier lives and places of worship to a certian extent. People are all people no matter their sexuality, each person is the way that they are because that is EXACTLY how god wanted them to be, so please respect gays the way you would respect any of the Lords other works because each life is an amazing wonder and creation by god, life is a short gift given to each of us by our lord..dont waste it filling it with direspect, hate, and predjudice. I guess I'm just one of those believers who believs that love is love no matter who it is with, I also believe the age shouldnt matter in most cases unless its like a 30 year old and a 16 year old or something because then that is just wrong, i believe that race shouldnt be an issue either I am black and chreokee Indian and I've had probably 20 boyfriends[still a virgin and proud of it] and not one of them has been Black or Cherokee Indian, so why should sexuality make a differnce either, this probably doesnt even make any sense..im sorry.. I guess thats all I have to say.

I couldnt agree with you more, this is the one subject that is a never ending battle between mine and my father, and i am deeply passionate about it...

See my best friend is gay...like GAY GAY and I love him to death...we are both Christian and we both attend church, him more than me sometimes, and I believe that just because he is gay doent make us anymore or less christian than other. He loves the lord and so do I, and personally I believe that those people out there who call themselves christian who are predjudice against gays are not real Christians, the Lord says treat others how you wish to be treated, he says that we are all brothers and sisters and to love eachother, and that hate is just the work of the devil and that we should work hard and stick together to avoid the temptations of the devil. I personally believe that 'Christians' should love, respect, and welcome all of the Lords children into thier lives and places of worship to a certian extent. People are all people no matter their sexuality, each person is the way that they are because that is EXACTLY how god wanted them to be, so please respect gays the way you would respect any of the Lords other works because each life is an amazing wonder and creation by god, life is a short gift given to each of us by our lord..dont waste it filling it with direspect, hate, and predjudice. I guess I'm just one of those believers who believs that love is love no matter who it is with, I also believe the age shouldnt matter in most cases unless its like a 30 year old and a 16 year old or something because then that is just wrong, i believe that race shouldnt be an issue either I am black and chreokee Indian and I've had probably 20 boyfriends[still a virgin and proud of it] and not one of them has been Black or Cherokee Indian, so why should sexuality make a differnce either, this probably doesnt even make any sense..im sorry.. I guess thats all I have to say.

well said!! I completely agree. It's nice to hear that there are practising Christians like me who also seriously question and are able to criticise church doctrines. I think people have to be able to question things for themsleves and come to their OWN conclusions, rather than simply accepting what is passed on to them or enforced by those around them.

You're right: love is love :thumb_yello:

Okay, rant over!

How are you all?

I completely agree with both of you!

I don't ever remember reading about how being gay is wrong in Jesus' message... though it became part of Church doctrine...

That's possibly about the only thing I disagree with...

I completely agree with both of you!

I don't ever remember reading about how being gay is wrong in Jesus' message... though it became part of Church doctrine...

That's possibly about the only thing I disagree with...

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello my fellow christians! :)

So, I have a question for those of you who know about it.....

You know the whole issue about Proposition 8 (not allowing a gay marriage to be called a family)?

What are you views on it?

My church is adamantly against gay marriage, families, etc...but I'm not--especially since one of my close friends just barely came out of the closet.

So, I just want to hear what you guys think of it.

Im cool wit it. My bes m8 he got a bf. I feal real comfi round him n his bf purly cuz i no they not gunna tri enyfin wit me cuz im not there type if u get me drift:bleh:

Okay, rant over!

How are you all?

Amen to that:punk::thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

Finkster, I love that in your signature.:thumb_yello:

btw, my Christmas was very nice, I was home with my family, didn't go anywhere, it was very cold, actually still is...(we celebrate Christmas on 7th January)

Hope you're all fine, bye :wink2::bye:

Finkster, I love that in your signature.:thumb_yello:

btw, my Christmas was very nice, I was home with my family, didn't go anywhere, it was very cold, actually still is...(we celebrate Christmas on 7th January)

Hope you're all fine, bye :wink2::bye:

Thank you. :-) It's my favorite quote from Pope John XXIII, but I couldn't fit that he was who said it in my signature. :thumbdown:

That sounds very nice. :)

It's quite cold here now, too. haha How cold does it get where you live?

Thank you. :-) It's my favorite quote from Pope John XXIII, but I couldn't fit that he was who said it in my signature. :thumbdown:

That sounds very nice. :)

It's quite cold here now, too. haha How cold does it get where you live?

Thanks, I was wondering who have said it, it's really inspiring.

Last few weeks was below zero, around -4, and today is 2 Celsius degrees, so I guess it's not that cold, but still...I prefer sun and warm weather, I should move somewhere south :naughty: But, when in summer goes over 30°C , I complain than too :naughty:

(In case you use Fahrenheit, 32°F is equal 0°C)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

My Christmas was busy but good...

I went to the doctor's a few weeks ago about the cyst I have, and found out that the doctor is going to remove the cyst, and wants to remove my right ovary and tube...

Not fun for me I guess... though I'm more concerned about the public hospitals than anything... NSW's hospital system has no money and can't pay any of their bills.. :shocked: The nurses even went down to a butcher to buy meat for the hospital because they had none... I just hope they don't end up skimping on pain relief or actual care...

Hi everyone!

My Christmas was busy but good...

I went to the doctor's a few weeks ago about the cyst I have, and found out that the doctor is going to remove the cyst, and wants to remove my right ovary and tube...

Not fun for me I guess... though I'm more concerned about the public hospitals than anything... NSW's hospital system has no money and can't pay any of their bills.. :shocked: The nurses even went down to a butcher to buy meat for the hospital because they had none... I just hope they don't end up skimping on pain relief or actual care...

hey Tegan,

wow, that's a lot of things on your mind!! When are you having the surgery? Try not to think about it too much, it'll work out for the better. These things can be scary but we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

The hospital situation sounds as bad as the one in Ireland (they don't have enough doctors or beds there) but I'm sure there's plenty of pain medication!!

Take care hun, talk soon

xxx

hey Tegan,

wow, that's a lot of things on your mind!! When are you having the surgery? Try not to think about it too much, it'll work out for the better. These things can be scary but we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

The hospital situation sounds as bad as the one in Ireland (they don't have enough doctors or beds there) but I'm sure there's plenty of pain medication!!

Take care hun, talk soon

xxx

Thanks Niamh!

The operation is on the 18th of March... Still have about 6 weeks...

The hospital in Dubbo (Dubbo's about 1 1/2 hours north west from here) had their doctors contracts finish and they refused to re-sign long term contracts... luckily the head doctor here said the doctors aren't going to do the same thing as Dubbo's doctors...

Mum's already said that if they don't look after me properly she'll have a go at them till they do...

Thanks Niamh!

The operation is on the 18th of March... Still have about 6 weeks...

The hospital in Dubbo (Dubbo's about 1 1/2 hours north west from here) had their doctors contracts finish and they refused to re-sign long term contracts... luckily the head doctor here said the doctors aren't going to do the same thing as Dubbo's doctors...

Mum's already said that if they don't look after me properly she'll have a go at them till they do...

Wow that's horrible.....

Yeah exactly, no one can stand up to a mom!!! :wink2::thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm sure we're all praying for Tegan/ NicoCollard.

Is anyone going to any Christian camps/conferences/festivals this year? For the first time in a while I'm not, so I'm trying to live vicariously.

well; this year i went to eastercamp at mystery creek. I wasn't expecting much as i'd turned away from my faith a little lately but it was amazing, to say the least. You can't deny that god is real after being there, but i must say it scared me when some people started shaking and crying etc during worship.. until it actually happened to me.

I think its great going to those things, becasue it puts you on a spiritual high. But afterwards its soo easy to crash.. I came back from eastercamp on a total buzz (too much fun worshiping god, meeting random people, dancing to live bands and living on red bull, hahaha.) :biggrin2: