Any Christians?

JoPerrin

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jesusface.jpgjusus.xlarge.jpgjesus_discovery.jpg

(in the second picture, he'd be the one on the end)

Wow that's really interesting! We discussed what he might look like in my World History class a few years ago, and said that since Europeans spread Christianity they made Jesus look more like one of them, light skin and dark hair. But looking at the region he lived in , he definatly didn't look like that!

No matter what color he is,though. i stil love him!:biggrin2:

This was a long long time ago. Maybe a year or two ago. I was sick and I was laying on the sofa and my mom came and took the remote from me and said "At least watch something educational." and changed to the Discovery channel and put the remote out of reach.:sneaky2:

They took the skull from a Jewish man around the same time Jesus was alive, and did His hair the way that was stylish/appropriate for men in His time. I forget what all else they did, but it was really neat.

They built Him in stages. So like, every ten minutes after they'd explain why they did this or that, they'd show a little more of the skull coming along.

I haven't posted in here for a while, mostly because I have been trying to gather my thoughts on the whole issue that's been going around for the last couple of days...

...anyway, I will just say that I don't agree at all with the new rule that was added to the guidelines...in fact, I wholeheartedly disagree....however, I do understand the reasoning behind adding it despite my feelings about it. I will, of course, abide by the rules of the MFC.

....having said that, I want the mods to know that I don't hold any hard feelings about this and I hope that we can simply move forward. I find it a bit frustrating that this topic continually has arguments in here....especially when many of the regulars in this topic have made it clear that all we want to do is talk about our feelings, opinions, experiences, etc...etc...in regard to Christianity. I think we are a fairly peaceful bunch of people and I think that many of us all just want to come here to share our thoughts with one another without feeling like we are doing something wrong.

So....I suggest that we move on and let this issue rest. Or at least I hope we can move on... :)

PS. Thank you also to the mods for bringing attention to the new additions of the guidelines.

See? Good points like these make me change a bit of my view. I guess there isn't harm in a peaceful and kind thread like this to discuss something obviously close to their heart.

But then the other side of me kicks in.

Just so I understand you correctly... Are you saying that by definition the fan club of a particular artist should only discuss things to do with that particular artist and nothing else or is there something else you're getting at? I'm a bit puzzled...

I apologize in advance to the people who want to just move on, but I'm not upset, I don't think M4L13 is upset and so I'm just wanting to satisfy my curiosity. Once I get clarification as to what she means I promise I'll drop it. If it takes more than a post or two, I'll discuss it with her elsewhere.

Yeah that's what I have been saying. My thoughts are basically this is a place for mika viewing not for politics or justin timberlake (:roftl:) but that's just my oppinion, and how i choose to view the matter on the whole.

Naaah we're not upset, we're just using up our "freedom of speech" or whatever ya call it ;)

That's neat! I haven't been to confession since last November.:thumbdown:

And about not knowing what Jesus looks like, I was actually watching a show one time and they were recreating what He looked like based on His heritage and where He grew up.

It was totally different from the Jesus we see in pictures. He had black, tight curls, and a big nose.

jesusface.jpgjusus.xlarge.jpgjesus_discovery.jpg

(in the second picture, he'd be the one on the end)

I remembered which song it was... Some Children See Him. It's a Christmas song.

Some children see Him lily white

the baby Jesus born this night

with tresses soft and fair

Some children see Him bronzed and brown

the Lord of heav'n to earth come down

with dark and heavy hair

Some children see Him almond-eyed

This Saviour whom we kneel beside

With skin of yellow hue!

Some children see Him dark as they

Sweet Mary's Son to whom we pray

And, ah! they love Him so!

The children in each different place

Will see the Baby Jesus' face

Like theirs but bright with heav'nly grace

And filled with holy light!

O lay aside each earthly thing

and with thy heart as offering

Come worship now the infant King

'tis love that's born tonight!

It's got such a pretty tune I had to find a youtube of someone singing it for you all. But the verse about how the children in each different place will see His face just like theirs is the one that I was particularly thinking is relevant.

Yeah that's what I have been saying. My thoughts are basically this is a place for mika viewing not for politics or justin timberlake (:roftl:) but that's just my oppinion, and how i choose to view the matter on the whole.

Naaah we're not upset, we're just using up our "freedom of speech" or whatever ya call it ;)

Thankyou for clarifying your position.:thumb_yello:

I remembered which song it was... Some Children See Him. It's a Christmas song.

the baby Jesus born this night

with tresses soft and fair

the Lord of heav'n to earth come down

with dark and heavy hair

This Saviour whom we kneel beside

With skin of yellow hue!

Sweet Mary's Son to whom we pray

And, ah! they love Him so!

The children in each different place

Will see the Baby Jesus' face

Like theirs but bright with heav'nly grace

And filled with holy light!

O lay aside each earthly thing

and with thy heart as offering

Come worship now the infant King

It's got such a pretty tune I had to find a youtube of someone singing it for you all. But the verse about how the children in each different place will see His face just like theirs is the one that I was particularly thinking is relevant.

Thankyou for clarifying your position.:thumb_yello:

:wink2: I really don't mind, I just prefer people can hear my voice too, and i find it awfully flattering you care about mine.

Ummmm, not being a Catholic here, I have to ask... What is reconciliation from a Catholic perspective? Is it like what we have?... which is going out to the penitent form or mercy seat to pray?

Also... I don't understand the idea of having pictures of Jesus everywhere so that kids know what he looks like. None of us know what he looks like!

That actually reminds me of a really lovely song on that topic. I can't remember it now, but when it comes to me I'll post the words.

Basically you go up to the priest, confess your sins, he talks about it (or in Zoe's case, talk about books) and they absolve you of your sins...

True, but I guess kids like to think about what Jesus looks like... I'm not 100% sure, but I think he was saying about it so they can see that he's human...

That's neat! I haven't been to confession since last November.:thumbdown:

And about not knowing what Jesus looks like, I was actually watching a show one time and they were recreating what He looked like based on His heritage and where He grew up.

It was totally different from the Jesus we see in pictures. He had black, tight curls, and a big nose.

Before that I hadn't gone since 1997 :blink:...

I love watching those shows... there was one on Easter Sunday about the four Gospels in the Bible and the other Gospels that were classed as heretic by the Vatican...

omg your sig !!!!!! :lmfao:

Thank ye...

It's all you! :naughty:

There was a series on last Easter (like, Easter of 2007) called "God and the Girl", and it followed about 4 or 5 guys on the quest to decide if they wanted to become priests or not. I think all of them became priests except one.

Does anyone else get EWTN? It's a Catholic channel. They show Mass several times a day, and on the last Superbowl, they had a bunch of Catholic athletes come on and they were talking about what it's like being a celebrity figure/athlete while retaining your Catholic morals. It was quite interesting.

But being that I'm not into sports, I don't remember any of their names.:thumbdown:

Hey all! :bye: I just wanted to drop by and say hey....reeeeeally busy these days; I've just moved to Lisbon so I'm starting work ad looking for apartments and trying to learn Portuguese all at once, but it's all good :wink2: I hope ye are all keeping well and I hope to be able to spend more time here soon!! :wub2:

Hey all! :bye: I just wanted to drop by and say hey....reeeeeally busy these days; I've just moved to Lisbon so I'm starting work ad looking for apartments and trying to learn Portuguese all at once, but it's all good :wink2: I hope ye are all keeping well and I hope to be able to spend more time here soon!! :wub2:

That's so exciting! good luck on learning Portuguese:wink2: Hope you get a chance check in here and tell progress on apartment hunting.:punk:

I really like that Children/Christmas song...i've never heard it before, but i think everyone should hear it!

Sounds busy!

We'll (mostly) be on here...

That's so exciting! good luck on learning Portuguese:wink2: Hope you get a chance check in here and tell progress on apartment hunting.:punk:

I really like that Children/Christmas song...i've never heard it before, but i think everyone should hear it!

hey!!! :bye:

I miss MFC!! lol. Things are going well, we found a lovely apartment in the centre of Lisbon :blush-anim-cl: and work is going well! So now for some Portuguese classes.. I can't bumble along in accented Spanish forever... :naughty:

How is everyone here?

hey!!! :bye:

I miss MFC!! lol. Things are going well, we found a lovely apartment in the centre of Lisbon :blush-anim-cl: and work is going well! So now for some Portuguese classes.. I can't bumble along in accented Spanish forever... :naughty:

How is everyone here?

That's good to hear...

I'm pretty good... haven't been doing much actually, besides hlping out at the community technology centre...