John - the tour manager

ellen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John wanted to wish MFC'ers a Merry Xmas, so he asked for this message to be posted:

"John Dubuque, Mika's tour manager, would like to wish all the MFC'ers around the world peace, love and riches for the holiday season and the New Year.

For the past 3'5 years you have all enriched my life, and I hope that this seasonal message will in some small way enrich yours. Happy Christmas!"

Isn't that a nice message? :wub2: Especially from a grumpy bugger, eh Bab? (previous post) :roftl:

Awwwww...such a sweet man, our Johnny! :wub2::teehee: Thanks for posting, Sara! :thumb_yello:

Thank you for everything you've done for us in these past years, John! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! viannen_12.gif

It's a long time since I thought you were a grumpy bugger.:teehee:

Oh, used to think that too, in the beginning! :teehee:

Good to see we were wrong! :naughty::wub2:

Yeah, we all did :roftl: and we had our reasons too :teehee::roftl:. But he's mellowed a lot and is a total sweetie now :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks a lot for passing this message on, Sara.

And what a nice message that is! :groupwave:

Wishing you a very happy X-mas, too, John! :newyear:

325896_de_pltzchen.jpg

tomorrow, 've got exams, not ready at all and physical and psychological impossibility to study right now... better to spend some time on MFC :wink2:)

same situation...les partiels, c'est dur. :biggrin2:

Edited by mariposa

John wanted to wish MFC'ers a Merry Xmas, so he asked for this message to be posted:

"John Dubuque, Mika's tour manager, would like to wish all the MFC'ers around the world peace, love and riches for the holiday season and the New Year.

For the past 3'5 years you have all enriched my life, and I hope that this seasonal message will in some small way enrich yours. Happy Christmas!"

Isn't that a nice message? :wub2: Especially from a grumpy bugger, eh Bab? (previous post) :roftl:

Oooooooh that's really sweet&tender of him!

T4P Sara :thumb_yello:

John I wish u and ur relatives the same :):newyear: , you were always very kind with us :wub2: too bad we say goodbie really in a hurry this summer on my last gig!

But can anyone clarify something for me, he will work with Mika also in future isn't it? Cannot think about a definitive goodbie it'll be really sad, does anyone know it?

Dear John,

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year

and thank you so much for everything you have done for us in the past and I hope to see you again in the future.

@Sariflor, thank you for posting the message.

But can anyone clarify something for me, he will work with Mika also in future isn't it? Cannot think about a definitive goodbie it'll be really sad, does anyone know it?

Mika doesn't have an album out to tour with yet, so I reckon it will be a long time before he goes out on the road again, and hence until we see John with him again. I see no reason why he wouldn't tour with Mika if he is free when the next tour happens :dunno:

Do you think he's mellowed because we are so nice? :naughty:

How are we pronouncing his surname?

Could be! Maybe he was wary at first and then he saw that we weren't all that bad after all :roftl:. Dubuque like buke.....not sure how to say it!!

Merry Christmas to you John and a very successful in every way New Year.

Safe travels!

Thank you for everything. Have you refilled that Starbucks card I got you last year?

Be well!

Jamie

(NYC & Philly Big Girl)

That is very sweet and kind!

Thanks John and Merry Christmas to you too!!

Mika doesn't have an album out to tour with yet, so I reckon it will be a long time before he goes out on the road again, and hence until we see John with him again. I see no reason why he wouldn't tour with Mika if he is free when the next tour happens :dunno:

Hope that too... We need him!! :naughty:

Dubuque like buke.....not sure how to say it!!

It's a mistery... has it french or english pronunciation?! :blink: mistery mistery mistery...

Ok, thanks Sara :)

I really hope so!

Just a little Xmas wish :wub2:

Why John didn`t accompany Mika in recent concerts? (Turkey, Coimbra, Argentina, Chile, Brazil? These concerts were probably very hard for Mika, after the accident at Paloma,..., I always thought that John is an important support for Mika in these moments.I surprised that John wasn`t there. Do you know why he wasn`t with Mika in this moment?

Thank you !

Could be! Maybe he was wary at first and then he saw that we weren't all that bad after all :roftl:. Dubuque like buke.....not sure how to say it!!

i wonder if he pronounces it "en francais" :naughty: it is pronounced "Du" as in "du gateau" "Bu" rimes with Du and the que is pronounced like the sound of a K

actually, this is pretty much how it sounds: http://translate.google.com/#fr|fr|dubuque *hit the "listen" button*

Why John didn`t accompany Mika in recent concerts? (Turkey, Coimbra, Argentina, Chile, Brazil? These concerts were probably very hard for Mika, after the accident at Paloma,..., I always thought that John is an important support for Mika in these moments.I surprised that John wasn`t there. Do you know why he wasn`t with Mika in this moment?

Thank you !

well, we don't know and probably won't know. perhaps his contract was finished & he had taken on other engagements in the meantime. (maybe even before Mika planned to tour SA). I know things run quite smoothly when John is there, but it's not like Mika was thrown in the mouth of lions, he wasn't alone! he still had a support group working with him :dunno:

Edited by guylainem123

John, I will be uncharacteristically brief here:wink2:

...if you are reading, then THANK YOU :flowers2:

You've been a big part of the Mika experience for so many of us, and your generous spirit and calmness in the centre of the Mika-chaos has always been a blessing.

:newyear:Have a wonderful holiday season. Hope to cross paths again sometime!

Oh what a lovely message. :wub2: You know I found John a bit intimidating in the early days but he has been helpful ever since the first day when Suzy needed to give Mika the 2007 yearbook and he arranged for Mika to stop before going into the venue. He met with the venue a couple of months later to sort out some earlier security problems we had with them.

Anyway John, Merry Christmas to you and your family and thank you for a wonderful tour in 2010. I hope you have a prosperous New Year and we'll be seeing you again soon. :newyear:

i wonder if he pronounces it "en francais" :naughty: it is pronounced "Du" as in "du gateau" "Bu" rimes with Du and the que is pronounced like the sound of a K

actually, this is pretty much how it sounds: http://translate.google.com/#fr|fr|dubuque *hit the "listen" button*

Ha, I'd be surprised if he maintained the French pronunciation. Americans say de-byuke when they are talking about Dubuque, Iowa.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?ggdubu01.wav=Dubuque