:roftl: that's a good point! but nah i don't think that's why... it has a LOT to do with culture but i can't remember the exact biologic basis they proposed (i can't find the original article :sad:) but i did find this:

http://books.google.com/books?id=omV2rhYAoh4C&pg=PA43&lpg=PA43&dq=why+are+females+more+sexually+fluid+than+males&source=bl&ots=y3YMMoGDPW&sig=UmU1154smSA7jqi7yZNrPL87XT4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=1YiET6fIJc-UtweviMzsBw&ved=0CCMQ6AEwATgU#v=onepage&q=why%20are%20females%20more%20sexually%20fluid%20than%20males&f=false

the author thinks it's because women have a less 'hard wired' arousal pattern...

:biggrin2:

Ooh right, I see... I guess I was thinking in a way that was a bit complicated or far-fetched. :teehee:

Men can be sensual!

I have no doubt they can be, i just mean it is a more viewed thing that women are the more sensual sex so when a woman is with another woman, it is thought of to be more sensual and more intimate... do you get what i mean? :blink:

(btw thanks for the friend request! :biggrin2:)

I have no doubt they can be, i just mean it is a more viewed thing that women are the more sensual sex so when a woman is with another woman, it is thought of to be more sensual and more intimate... do you get what i mean? :blink:

I think I see what you're getting at, but personally I don't think any one gender is going to predisposed to bisexuality than the other. I think part of the reason why you see more girls who are bisexual, might have to do with society. You know, because guys are seen as having to be "macho" , and to be attracted men is seen as kind of "feminine", there may be men who are bisexual and don't want to face possible ridicule/prejudice so they just identify as straight and live their life that way. I dunno :dunno: That's just my own idea

I know, I know! I just meant like: to me, as a men, men seem more attracting to me. My comment was a little joke.

Anyways, you're welcome!

Saw this on Tumblr, thought i'd pop it here:

“We were discussing homosexuality because of an allusion to it in the book we were reading, and several boys made comments such as, “That’s disgusting.” We got into the debate and eventually a boy admitted that he was terrified/disgusted when he was once sharing a taxi and the other male passenger made a pass at him.The lightbulb went off. “Oh,” I said. “I get it. See, you are afraid, because for the first time in your life you have found yourself a victim of unwanted sexual advances by someone who has the physical ability to use force against you.” The boy nodded and shuddered visibly.“But,” I continued. “As a woman, you learn to live with that from the time you are fourteen, and it never stops. We live with that fear every day of our lives. Every man walking through the parking garage the same time you are is either just a harmless stranger or a potential rapist. Every time.”The girls in the room nodded, agreeing. The boys seemed genuinely shocked. “So think about that the next time you hit on a girl. Maybe, like you in the taxi, she doesn’t actually want you to.”

'Homophobia: The fear that another man will treat you like you treat women.'

“We were discussing homosexuality because of an allusion to it in the book we were reading, and several boys made comments such as, “That’s disgusting.” We got into the debate and eventually a boy admitted that he was terrified/disgusted when he was once sharing a taxi and the other male passenger made a pass at him.The lightbulb went off. “Oh,” I said. “I get it. See, you are afraid, because for the first time in your life you have found yourself a victim of unwanted sexual advances by someone who has the physical ability to use force against you.” The boy nodded and shuddered visibly.“But,” I continued. “As a woman, you learn to live with that from the time you are fourteen, and it never stops. We live with that fear every day of our lives. Every man walking through the parking garage the same time you are is either just a harmless stranger or a potential rapist. Every time.”The girls in the room nodded, agreeing. The boys seemed genuinely shocked. “So think about that the next time you hit on a girl. Maybe, like you in the taxi, she doesn’t actually want you to.”

wow. never thought of that!! i'll be sharing this...T4S!:thumb_yello:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. THAT'S IT!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

^that was a sound of agreement by the way.

Yeah welcome to our world. :roftl:

Of course any man who has made unwanted advances on me has lived to regret it. :teehee:

ooo christine that makes you sound very dangerous!:aah::teehee:

way to go!:thumb_yello:

Oh I loved that, thank you so much for sharing! And I agree with the last line too, as in it makes a lot of sense.

Yeah welcome to our world. :roftl:

Of course any man who has made unwanted advances on me has lived to regret it. :teehee:

Funny you should mention that, just last night I was talking about this with someone. Now I don't get hit on often at all, but when it does happen the men are usually complete trainwrecks (pardon me for saying so but I'm not exaggerating). They come way too close and grope me and touch my face and all I can say to them is something like 'please don't do this' when I very well know I should've smacked them already. I'm too kind a person to be rude even towards people who have done something like that to me and I hate it. I end up feeling filthy because someone I don't even know has had their hands all over me.

The most ridicilous incident was in a bar a couple years back. Me and my mate went to sit with this girl we both knew, she had some of her friends with her too. There was also this really strange kid who had just met them and joined their little group. When I sat down next to him (it was the only free spot) he immediately started to comment on my appearance, saying I was awfully pretty and stuff like that. I happen to be quite busty so he felt the need to comment on that, too. Within a second he had his hands on my chest, feeling my boobs and when I looked at him all shocked he told me it was "okay for him to touch me like that because he was gay".

/rant over. :teehee:

No I'm just extremely rude. :lmfao:

Within a second he had his hands on my chest, feeling my boobs and when I looked at him all shocked he told me it was "okay for him to touch me like that because he was gay".

WTF?? :blink::aah:

When I sat down next to him (it was the only free spot) he immediately started to comment on my appearance, saying I was awfully pretty and stuff like that. I happen to be quite busty so he felt the need to comment on that, too. Within a second he had his hands on my chest, feeling my boobs and when I looked at him all shocked he told me it was "okay for him to touch me like that because he was gay".

WTF indeed!!:blink:

No I'm just extremely rude. :lmfao:

WTF?? :blink::aah:

i've never really gotten any unwanted touches from strangers but we do have a biig problem with 'catcalling' (more like verbal harassment) here...and it's always the worst type of men that do it and they have no shame. i used to respond very rudely when i was young but they take perverse pleasure in getting a response so sadly the best option at present is just ignoring them...:sneaky2:

+1 :thumb_yello::teehee:

i've never really gotten any unwanted touches from strangers but we do have a biig problem with 'catcalling' (more like verbal harassment) here...and it's always the worst type of men that do it and they have no shame. i used to respond very rudely when i was young but they take perverse pleasure in getting a response so sadly the best option at present is just ignoring them...:sneaky2:

That is so true. What is up with these people?!

Glad to hear you've remained untouched though. It's not exactly something everyone should experience.

I know the situation I described sounded funny and at the moment I laughed it off too but as things like that have happened to me after that a lot more it's not funny anymore. They really make me feel like I'm the dirty one because I 'let' them do that to me. Some people also seem to think they can say anything about my appearance because I'm quite a loud person and laugh a lot. They don't realize that their words and actions are actually hurtful. One guy once told me I had no future as a teacher because of how I dress and have piercings (back then I really wanted to become an English teacher).

+1 :thumb_yello::teehee:

That is so true. What is up with these people?!

Glad to hear you've remained untouched though. It's not exactly something everyone should experience.

I know the situation I described sounded funny and at the moment I laughed it off too but as things like that have happened to me after that a lot more it's not funny anymore. They really make me feel like I'm the dirty one because I 'let' them do that to me. Some people also seem to think they can say anything about my appearance because I'm quite a loud person and laugh a lot. They don't realize that their words and actions are actually hurtful. One guy once told me I had no future as a teacher because of how I dress and have piercings (back then I really wanted to become an English teacher).

i hope you know that they're really the dirty perverts, but i can understand how you would feel like it's your fault...:sad: the same thing happens at the extreme with persons who've been raped and it would take a lot of mental fortitude to realise they're not in any way responsible for that other person's actions...

see why i say i don't like 'people' as a bunch? they do despicable things to each other all the time...:sad:

aww sorry about the idiot who told you that :sneaky2: unfortunately that would be a reality here - people are very judgmental about appearance....someone with a visible tattoo or anything other than ear or maybe nose piercing wouldn't be teachers (they're have to remove them)..is it the same there?

i hope you know that they're really the dirty perverts, but i can understand how you would feel like it's your fault...:sad: the same thing happens at the extreme with persons who've been raped and it would take a lot of mental fortitude to realise they're not in any way responsible for that other person's actions...

see why i say i don't like 'people' as a bunch? they do despicable things to each other all the time...:sad:

Yeah I know it's not my fault and they're the ones who are doing something that should not be tolerated. Somehow I just feel their hands on me even after it's happened and it disgusts me.

I understand what you mean by saying that... Sadly I'd have to agree with you on that one. :no:

aww sorry about the idiot who told you that :sneaky2: unfortunately that would be a reality here - people are very judgmental about appearance....someone with a visible tattoo or anything other than ear or maybe nose piercing wouldn't be teachers (they're have to remove them)..is it the same there?

Oh I understand it's a profession where you have to think about the messages and signals you give to the students and also to their parents: you have to look professional and trust-worthy and some people associate tattoos and stuff like that with shady behaviour. The problem I had with this dude was that he couldn't keep his mouth shut about my face when I was only considering of starting to study something like that. That was one of the rare times I actually stood up for myself and told him he was being an a-hole and that it's not like I wouldn't remove my piercings at some point of my life. :naughty:

I don't think there's a guideline for those things when it comes to teachers. I've done some teaching and no one ever told me off for looking like I do. :dunno:

Yeah I know it's not my fault and they're the ones who are doing something that should not be tolerated. Somehow I just feel their hands on me even after it's happened and it disgusts me.

Oh I understand it's a profession where you have to think about the messages and signals you give to the students and also to their parents: you have to look professional and trust-worthy and some people associate tattoos and stuff like that with shady behaviour. The problem I had with this dude was that he couldn't keep his mouth shut about my face when I was only considering of starting to study something like that. That was one of the rare times I actually stood up for myself and told him he was being an a-hole and that it's not like I wouldn't remove my piercings at some point of my life. :naughty:

I don't think there's a guideline for those things when it comes to teachers. I've done some teaching and no one ever told me off for looking like I do. :dunno:

good job!! :clap: dunno why some people think their unsolicited 'advice' is so in demand!

does sound like you guys are a bit more tolerant though which is great!

Ah yes, catcalling has happened more to me too. Like sometimes I'll just be walking down the street and guys will drive by and whistle, or yell stuff... And my response tends to be to give them the finger and yell a :badword: right back at them :teehee: And it's never actually happened when I've been "dressed up", just my normal everyday clothes.. Heck, it even happened one morning while I was walking to work in sweatpants, and a jacket :dunno: some people just make you feel so filthy when they do that..

Oh I loved that, thank you so much for sharing! And I agree with the last line too, as in it makes a lot of sense.

The most ridicilous incident was in a bar a couple years back. Me and my mate went to sit with this girl we both knew, she had some of her friends with her too. There was also this really strange kid who had just met them and joined their little group. When I sat down next to him (it was the only free spot) he immediately started to comment on my appearance, saying I was awfully pretty and stuff like that. I happen to be quite busty so he felt the need to comment on that, too. Within a second he had his hands on my chest, feeling my boobs and when I looked at him all shocked he told me it was "okay for him to touch me like that because he was gay".

I would've put my hand on his *ahem* and told him 'It's ok, i have a girlfriend at home' :teehee:

I'm pretty sure that's just been made illegal here :teehee:

i've signed this...that's just crazy!!

I would've put my hand on his *ahem* and told him 'It's ok, i have a girlfriend at home' :teehee:

I'm pretty sure that's just been made illegal here :teehee:

should be illegal everywhere so those beasts keep their mouths shut!