Nobody has posted this here?

[YOUTUBE]ABtSHs_dG4U[/YOUTUBE]

I'm happy for him, truly.

But fandom's reaction is making me feel kind of bad, there's a vibe of "he's obviously 100% gay and anyone who believes that 'label-less' thing is a moron." So, I feel like, not only is my intelligence being insulted, but my sexuality is being slighted as well. :huh: I know I'm taking it too personal, but it's obviously a sensitive topic. And I know people aren't meaning to say that nobody could have that type of sexuality, but that's how it feels when I see it repeated over and over.

I know exactly how you feel. The label-less atitude Mika has towards sexuality was and still is something I really like.

Nobody has posted this here?

[YOUTUBE]ABtSHs_dG4U[/YOUTUBE]

I'm happy for him, truly.

But fandom's reaction is making me feel kind of bad, there's a vibe of "he's obviously 100% gay and anyone who believes that 'label-less' thing is a moron." So, I feel like, not only is my intelligence being insulted, but my sexuality is being slighted as well. :huh: I know I'm taking it too personal, but it's obviously a sensitive topic. And I know people aren't meaning to say that nobody could have that type of sexuality, but that's how it feels when I see it repeated over and over.

I'm very happy for him too :wub2: because he looks so happy since he is into that relashionship. I think everyone should be allowed to love whoever they love , true love is so precious in whatever shape it takes :wub2:

I'm very happy for him too :wub2: because he looks so happy since he is into that relashionship. I think everyone should be allowed to love whoever they love , true love is so precious in whatever shape it takes :wub2:

Yes, I'm happy for him too!

The song has a beautiful melody, it's lovely to listen to.:wub2:

This week we have the Pride festival in Stockholm, I've been working there as a volunteer for several years but this year I don't have the time to do it, sadly enough!

But fandom's reaction is making me feel kind of bad, there's a vibe of "he's obviously 100% gay and anyone who believes that 'label-less' thing is a moron."

I don't know what reaction you are basing it on (Twitter, MFC, Tumblr, everyone everywhere...) but I don't think anyone is a moron. In fact I know there's a chance you are right!

I just have my own reasons for believing what I do based on what I've seen (and yes my own biases, I guess that's unavoidable). But for all I know Mika could clarify his bisexuality tomorrow. And if he does I will take it at face value. Obviously anything is possible and even likely. (Aside from him being straight of course :naughty:)

I have been fed up with those people who are clinging to the idea that Mika is attracted to women simply because they cannot handle the idea of him having a boyfriend at all. Because it smacks of homophobia (in fact it screams of it in some cases). But that's a totally different motivation than what we're talking about here.

I will PM you later as I don't really think it's my place to say much more in the gay thread as I am only here to learn :blush-anim-cl:

I have been fed up with those people who are clinging to the idea that Mika is attracted to women simply because they cannot handle the idea of him having a boyfriend at all. Because it smacks of homophobia (in fact it screams of it in some cases). But that's a totally different motivation than what we're talking about here.

Here for example...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Holbrook-Penniman-The-New-Fans-Page/287931141233619

:sneaky2::wait:

Seriously that is a fan page for Mika, and yet they try to deny the facts? :sneaky2:

Well I don't care if he is straight, bisexual or gay! At the end of the day should fans not be more focused on his music, rather then his sexuality? I mean everyone is curious about it, but trying to make Mika be something he is not draws the line for me. It's because they all believe that they will be his girlfriends- but trust me it will never happen. I just want whats best for Mika- if he's happy I'm happy! :thumb_yello: But overall it's people's opinions, I just don't agree with the homophobic opinions. Sorry for ranting a bit.. :naughty:

Edited by iliveforglitter

Seriously that is a fan page for Mika, and yet they try to deny the facts? :sneaky2:

Well I don't care if he is straight, bisexual or gay! At the end of the day should fans not be more focused on his music, rather then his sexuality? I mean everyone is curious about it, but trying to make Mika be something he is not draws the line for me. It's because they all believe that they will be his girlfriends- but trust me it will never happen. I just want whats best for Mika- if he's happy I'm happy! :thumb_yello: But overall it's people's opinions, I just don't agree with the homophobic opinions. Sorry for ranting a bit.. :naughty:

I agree! :wink2:

Yes, yes, a hundred times YES. Completely agree with you on everything you just said.

The Facebook "fan page" MikaMadLuke posted is just outrageous and makes me sick. For all I care people can play their guessing games about how straight or gay Mika is but trying to correct his words to your own liking is just rude and makes those people look ignorant and selfish, not to mention incredibly homophobic. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to figure out if someone's gay or not but when it hits the spot of your whole world falling into pieces when the reality doesn't please you you're only harming yourself. :dunno:

I just have my own reasons for believing what I do based on what I've seen (and yes my own biases, I guess that's unavoidable). But for all I know Mika could clarify his bisexuality tomorrow. And if he does I will take it at face value. Obviously anything is possible and even likely. (Aside from him being straight of course :naughty:)

Before I read those interviews where he mentioned being label-less, I had assumed he was gay. And when I read them, I thought it was amazing to see someone expressing that kind of openness. I have to admit, my feelings here are more about self-validation ("hey, he feels the same way I do!") than about being right. :blush-anim-cl: I mean, if he changes his mind about labels, I won't be upset. It's the automatic assumption that someone in a same-sex relationship can only be gay that hurts my feelings.

I know there are fans who have seen more than I have, have spent time with him, and I'm probably just inferring some of the "moron" feelings because I feel inferior about that. And because I don't want people to think I'm like the person behind that Facebook page. It kind of boggles my mind that someone homophobic would be a fan in the first place of someone who, regardless of his personal life, is singing songs like Billy Brown and Toy Boy!

But I feel like I've seen people complaining about these type of fangirls more than I've actually seen them myself.

This person is either delusional . . . or has atrocious hearing! :doh: Even if they can't tell whether he's saying "one" or "man", they've totally removed the "even if it's a man" part from that quote. :sneaky2:

Don't get me started :sneaky2: She removed every single comment that she didn't agree with from that page and it bugs me that she's trying to spread that nonsense anywhere she can, including on Mika's official page. :doh: How does she even have the patience? Geeeez...

EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK: Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

Written by Instinct Staff | Friday, 03 August 2012

Many likely remember a 2009 Dutch magazine cover featuring pop star Mika with the sprawling headline “Mika Clears Things Up: Call Me Bisexual.”

The only problem was that the story, which he calls “disappointing,” didn’t clear things up at all because it wasn’t exactly what he intended to say.

Earlier this week, in a world exclusive, Mika sat down with Instinct to set the record straight (so to speak): “If you ask me am I gay, I say yeah. Are these songs about my relationship with a man? I say yeah. And it’s only through my music that I’ve found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics. This is my real life.”

For more with Mika, including his first public comments about his relationship and the role he feels celebrities play as representatives for the LGBT community, check out the upcoming September issue of Instinct Magazine—coming soon.

http://instinctmagazine.com/blogs/blog/exclusive-sneak-peek-mika-tells-instinct-%E2%80%9Cyeah-i%E2%80%99m-gay-%E2%80%9D?directory=100011

Posting this here, as I don't feel comfortable in the other thread, and this was the thread where I was bitching about the bisexuality issue. :teehee:

I wonder if the other article wasn't what he intended to say because they twisted what he was saying, or that he just didn't feel confident saying it? I assume the latter, though I still don't understand why it would be easier to claim bisexuality than being gay. :dunno:

I'm absolutely happy for him that he feels so confident and happy now! :wub2:

I wonder if the other article wasn't what he intended to say because they twisted what he was saying, or that he just didn't feel confident saying it? I assume the latter, though I still don't understand why it would be easier to claim bisexuality than being gay. :dunno:

I'm absolutely happy for him that he feels so confident and happy now! :wub2:

I assume the latter as well.

What I've been trying to say since we started discussing labels a few weeks ago is that I don't believe he "claimed" anything. I think he wasn't ready to make a statement but of course he's not going to tell an outright lie either. So what came out was all this hypothetical nonsense that anyone could also "claim" regardless of their situation.

"I have never limited who I sleep with". Um yeah, neither have I. "I could fall in love with a man or a woman." Well yes I guess I can too, we won't know for certain until I'm dead will we? :naughty: "You can call me bisexual." You can call me anything you want, doesn't mean it's true.

Anyway it will be interesting to hear what he has to say in this article. I wish it was a video interview but at least it's in English!

So what came out was all this hypothetical nonsense that anyone could also "claim" regardless of their situation.

In my life, I've always gotten the impression that the majority of people wouldn't consider falling in love, romantically, with someone of the same sex. Not just out of homophobia, but it's just something that wouldn't even occur to them. I'm sure it's a cultural thing that varies. :dunno:

In my life, I've always gotten the impression that the majority of people wouldn't consider falling in love, romantically, with someone of the same sex. Not just out of homophobia, but it's just something that wouldn't even occur to them. I'm sure it's a cultural thing that varies. :dunno:

Yes I would never consider going against my natural inclination because my natural inclination is in line with cultural expectations. But it's not hard to imagine that if my natural inclination was towards women that I would have still felt the pressure to get married, have children, etc. I can imagine some people could leave that door open for a long time even if they're not likely to fall in love with someone of the opposite sex.

:lmfao:have you seen her comments here?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Holbrook-Penniman-The-New-Fans-Page/287931141233619

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page in french interviews he has spoken about "elle". so it's a girl, that's all

July 29 at 7:01pm · 1

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎*she is a girl, that's all

July 29 at 7:02pm · 1

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page no, i only know the french.

July 29 at 7:04pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page no, I'm right.

July 29 at 7:06pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page You are American? you are native English speakers? If you're not, shut up and go to another page because this is the realm of intelligent people and you clearly you're not

July 29 at 7:40pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page You know his man? are you his boyfriend? Have the dignity of silence. Natali Hassid ask to help Linda Huegel in help, but what courage!

July 29 at 7:57pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Natali Hassid you have write:"sorry to blow your bubble, but he says "to the MAN I love" you can clearly hear the "Man"! and with his lips. and what about "even if it's a man." part? I don't see any problem with him being a gay, it was expected.." AHA! You did you expect this? Well, then I expect you to have three legs. but please! -.-

July 29 at 7:59pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Natali Hassid I am not rude. If you live in the idea of having a chance to write on my page in order to contradict my assertions sublime, well, know that this is not a possible action. if it is true that the chronicle should contain the most information and the lowest number of comments, (because my is information, and the most noble) I invite you kindly to make savings in your comments. I did not certainly intend to make conversation with the folk. goodbye and thanks

July 29 at 8:05pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Quercus Faginea Serralconera read above, thanks to popular attention

July 29 at 8:06pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Linda Huegel well, many people know this? well, come on, tell me the name since you're "the american informed of the affairs of others"

July 29 at 8:08pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Linda Huegel If you know who loves him, you tell us. and if it's true we'll give you reason. come on.

July 29 at 8:11pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Mariana Fiore or dunque sei italiana? ben meglio, sicchè in tal caso mi vien donata la grazia grandiosa di vergare sì come nel mio fraseggio piu aulico che la stoltezza umana non ligia alle belles lettres disconosce per ignoranza capillare. vagheggio che tu non possegga le mie conoscenze nè meno tu conosca sì bene e tanto l'inglese, caro Fiore di campo, fintanto che non noto alcuna proproietà linguistica fare bellezza di sè fra i tuoi righi composti per mano di un inglese banale. vuoi dunque affermare una superiorità intellettuale maggiore alla mia? ohibò, che ardire che possiede l'essere umano quando non vuole convenire l'inettitudine della sua compresione! date al piu intelligente la parola, e che in voi stia il silenzio.

July 29 at 8:16pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page u have write to me that: "Are you lesbian or gay or trans??" Quercus Faginea Serralconera pardon, but I'm not a natural miscarriage as you listed. I can only imagine what are you, alas!

July 29 at 8:18pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Linda Huegel but when there is an accusation, must always pursue the idea and say everything to the depths of the thing. As I can see you, you're a person lacking in courage and dignity. who are you? you are part of the family of Mika? He is a very private person. He does not state publicly his feelings.

July 29 at 8:21pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎LadyMeeks Penniman sorry dear, but now I have no more time to spend talking to people vulgar. I'm going to read Plato, at least he and I are similar. ADIEU!

July 29 at 8:26pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Quercus Faginea Serralconera ahahahhahahahha!!!! u have write :"Hey Michael Hoolbrook Penniman-The New Fan's Page , do not deserve or have the name you bear, disrespecting these many people you are imposing your ideas and isn't the right way, first of all learn to read, write, and listening to others ." ahahah! funny! learn to write? ME? pity that I am a writer by profession!

July 29 at 8:30pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Linda Huegel , u write:"Me? I'm simply a fan. And one who respects the words that come from his own mouth - He said man. It's on video from several different angles, by different people. Hard to fake that.I'm not sure what you're talking about, with an accusation. no-one has accused anyone of anything here, we've simply tried to correct an error in hearing. If you're talking about accusing Mika of being gay, are you out of your mind? to accuse someone of something means to make a negative suggestion. Since when is being gay a negative in ANY way? be careful how you answer this one, your homophobia is already showing in small ways." AHA! mine is not a "phobia", my is dignity. because everyone must keep their sexuality (any type of sexuality) within their own homes. and most do not dare to insult Lord Holbrook. he's a better man than you.

July 29 at 8:34pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Franc Casanueva I'm not english, poor person, I write in the sublime Italian, the language more difficult in the world.

July 29 at 8:36pm

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎Linda Huegel ahahhahahahah! This is too funny! you speak Latin? but you know that no one speaks more Latin for centuries? Latin is for writing, not talking! and what u speak in latin, about the pop "culture" of American , and about sales of burgers and fries? ahahahhahahahahhah, very funny!!!!!

July 29 at 8:45pm

poor soul :mf_rosetinted:

she's italian btw.

Someone is totally :loco: And this part... :roll1:

"You are American? you are native English speakers? If you're not, shut up and go to another page because this is the realm of intelligent people and you clearly you're not"