2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Yeh thats just so so wrong , i just felt a lot of the crowd didnt get "Mika" or the theme and what he was all about , i was surrounded by younglings and was so concious of blocking .. Just jumping back to newcastle .. the first 10 rows were jumping at every opportunity .. In Donny that would of caused REAL issues ....

I'm still not complaining :) I'm very happy to get in and to have a great spot:)

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know! especially if we compare to gigs we've already been too :shocked:

Thank god this wasn't my first gig... I was actually scared the gig would be like that in dusseldorf and I never wanted to go to another gig again.

But it was funny to see how it can go wrong though;)

I mean, my last gig before this was brussels, all of the 10000 people went mad and hysteric! Even in the seats, so this really was a shock for me :roftl:

And btw, I didn't really call this a venue, it really was just a gym room:shocked: It was even smaller than the gym we had in my high school:shocked:

EDIT: but I'm still not complaining :) I'm very happy to get in and to have a great spot:)

Actually your so right , it was a gym room .. also having a lot of the people to the side of the stage didnt work ...... their view was blocked and Mika was trying to connect with them , the usual layout isnt like that

Ohh well everyone cannot be amazing , Im typing this with Newcastle in my mind so maybe Im a tad spoilt

Yeah sorry I didn't really say much, but I'm sure you can imagine how freaked out I was, and that was everything I could think of at that moment...

Oh I know!! I had this "woman" like 5 rows behind me, and she like "boxed" me in the back saying I had to take off my reindeer thingy! With the first song already :sneaky2:

I idd wonder what went wrong... Mika tried to get the atmosphere going a few times but it just didn't work, and at one point he just gave up I think....

what so you mean your reindeer thingy was blocking her view ? i would have told you to take it off too :thumbdown:

a fred maybe these people were very aggressive with you with you smacking your santa hat in their faces ! i wouldnt have been slow to return the offer if i was in their shoes :annoyed_h4h:

It was just strange altogether really. As people have said.....a strange venue and some people that just didn't seem to 'get' it. There was some trouble behind us...with people pushing in...and one couple left as mIka sang Relax...which I found VERY odd but they had been so upset by the people pushing in that they ended up arguing between themelves and despite having queued for hours they just left! Yes Freddie...the bit about the people around the side was very odd too!

what so you mean your reindeer thingy was blocking her view ? i would have told you to take it off too :thumbdown:

a fred maybe these people were very aggressive with you with you smacking your santa hat in their faces ! i wouldnt have been slow to return the offer if i was in their shoes :annoyed_h4h:

yeah of course, but I already told her I would only wear it during a bit of a song, but that wasn't good enough, no she had to give me a bruise instead :thumbdown:

yeah of course, but I already told her I would only wear it during a bit of a song, but that wasn't good enough, no she had to give me a bruise instead :thumbdown:

well youve got to see it from her point of view she never paid for a ticket to see your reindeer hat it was to watch mika even if it was only one song ! if i was there & i would have been filming everything with my camera i wouldnt wanted a reindeer hat blocking my view , would i ?

well youve got to see it from her point of view she never paid for a ticket to see your reindeer hat it was to watch mika even if it was only one song ! if i was there & i would have been filming everything with my camera i wouldnt wanted a reindeer hat blocking my view , would i ?

They should of got in earlier .....

They should of got in earlier .....

some people have to work , go home get changed , feed kids ,wait on baby sitters arriving then after all that plaver start cueing behind people who can rearrange their life around mika !

I think you're making this a bigger deal than it actually is :boxed: I know I blocked her view, and really, I didn't mind taking it off... but she didn't have to hurt me because of it, now did she?

that's the last thing I say about this... It surely didn't make me pissed off... I just took it off and that was it... and I went back to enjoying the gig...

some people have to work , go home get changed , feed kids ,wait on baby sitters arriving then after all that plaver start cueing behind people who can rearrange their life around mika !

Then people should organise their time better. I manage alright.

I dont agree and think your making a big deal here!!! .. so people dont rearrange their lives around Mika???? , MFC members who wanted to be at the front had to get child minders , take time off work etc etc .. , if you want the best view you get their early .... its the same at every concert Ive ever been to

Yeah, it's like saying to people who are taller than you, 'Excuse me, i can't see, can you drink some magic juice like Alice does in Alice in Wonderland and shrink for the duration of the show?' :roftl: :roftl:

shut it !

Droopsy height cant be helped but i hat can as long as you took it off no there was no need for her to thump you ! maybe she had a bad day & you annoying her with the hat didnt make day any better :boxed:

shut it !

Droopsy height cant be helped but i hat can as long as you took it off no there was no need for her to thump you ! maybe she had a bad day & you annoying her with the hat didnt make day any better :boxed:

DON'T speak to me like that and DON'T start on me. Did you not see my laughing smileys ?

I think it's about time that you took your own advice and stopped picking on people.

I dont agree and think your making a big deal here!!! .. so people dont rearrange their lives around Mika???? , MFC members who wanted to be at the front had to get child minders , take time off work etc etc .. , if you want the best view you get their early .... its the same at every concert Ive ever been to

fred this could go on all day :bleh: yes people do rearrange their lives round mika , i`ll be the first then to admit i did with my last mika gig & sent my 3 children to their dads who they dont even like so i could go out all weekend & have people stay with me , i dont regret it as i wont happen again for a very long time & my doors are always open for the next glasgow gig !

DON'T speak to me like that and DON'T start on me. Did you not see my laughing smileys ?

I think it's about time that you took your own advice and stopped picking on people.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: i said SHUT UP ! i dont like u boo pap , now ive said it on the forum not behind your back like others do !

Well it is interesting to hear your points of view droopsy and FD.

I thought the venue was good enough to be intimate enough to see Mika's shoes!

I think you sound spoiled with all the other gigs you have been to. You can't compare it fairly when all the other gigs have been great.

Mika put on a great show that I was satisfied with where I was stood! However, the girl with tall guy infront of me, spent most of her time facing her boyfriend crying!!! What was that all about? Then they both left!

Droopsy, I saw you at the front in your reindeer antlers, but never got any sense of trouble about them. You were having too much fun to be bothered I thought :) Pity about the aggression though.

As for the kiddy thing, yes there were a few round me, couldn't have been a great experience for them facing someone's butt for 2 hours! No, I agree, they should not have been there. I thought I'd read somewhere that kids should have been up the balcony??

The mother I saw, who was asking a complete stranger to help move her daughter closer, was not met with an agreeable request. People had settled themselves and were happy with their views without having to move a 6yr old infront of them. I think these were the ones that passed out during one song and all had to pile over the barrier! That disturbed Mika, but he carried on with extra chorus's until the matter had been dealt with, like the professional he is.

FD, I don't think you were far from me. I didn't recognise you from your picture on MFC, but I did keep making eye contact hoping you would aknowledge me as a fellow MFC-er, but nobody did. You didn't even bring my blue rosette you promised me either! ;0

I made my own pink one with MFC written on it :(

Sara, you were the only one I saw and recognised. Glad to hear you won't let anyone yell at you again. You said something about a person having an ear op the week before!

WELL WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY DOING AT A CONCERT THEN????

As for the crowd not being friendly, there certainly was an atmosphere of aprehension, but I was happy where I was and would have had an even better time if my lovely new camera hadn't let me down! I had to capture what I could on my mobile, which turned out to be rubbish. wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want to go to another one................................................

I think you sound spoiled with all the other gigs you have been to. You can't compare it fairly when all the other gigs have been great.

Mika put on a great show that I was satisfied with where I was stood! However, the girl with tall guy infront of me, spent most of her time facing her boyfriend crying!!! What was that all about? Then they both left!

Droopsy, I saw you at the front in your reindeer antlers, but never got any sense of trouble about them. You were having too much fun to be bothered I thought :) Pity about the aggression though.

As for the kiddy thing, yes there were a few round me, couldn't have been a great experience for them facing someone's butt for 2 hours! No, I agree, they should not have been there. I thought I'd read somewhere that kids should have been up the balcony??

The mother I saw, who was asking a complete stranger to help move her daughter closer, was not met with an agreeable request. People had settled themselves and were happy with their views without having to move a 6yr old infront of them. I think these were the ones that passed out during one song and all had to pile over the barrier! That disturbed Mika, but he carried on with extra chorus's until the matter had been dealt with, like the professional he is.

FD, I don't think you were far from me. I didn't recognise you from your picture on MFC, but I did keep making eye contact hoping you would aknowledge me as a fellow MFC-er, but nobody did. You didn't even bring my blue rosette you promised me either! ;0

Sara, you were the only one I saw and recognised. Glad to hear you won't let anyone yell at you again. You said something about a person having an ear op the week before!

As for the crowd not being friendly, there certainly was an atmosphere of aprehension, but I was happy where I was and would have had an even better time if my lovely new camera hadn't let me down! I had to capture what I could on my mobile, which turned out to be rubbish. wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hold onnnnnnnnnnnnn , I was dressed as santy claus! :roftl:

I had T shirts and rosettes for everyone , but the key is that you need to speak to me and at least if you can approach me .... I dont know everyone

:boxed:

Yeah I totally agree. That's why I said it didn't matter to me and they could have forgotten confetti, I wouldn't have cared :naughty: But I really didn't mind the gig, I loved it! It was so different I loved it, and if you read what happened to me before the gig. Im sure you understand I was just glad about getting in!! Really I don't have any regrets about this gig and it will be one I'll never forget.:thumb_yello:

I think it's time for us to realize that MFCers lose all sense of reality when it comes to Mika. Call it human nature.

So...

1) I agree about the reindeer thingie but at least you ask the person to remove it in a POLITE WAY. Don't need to hit her!

2) Shari I'm sorry but I let a child come in front of me! I had always said I had been front row twice and would let a child come in front of me if needed, and I did, which was not easy btw cause I had to babysit her all night making sure she wasn't hurt or whatever. So don't make generalizations please. :)

3) I got disappointed again by the behaviour of some, to be honnest. When I asked for water for the child and myself around me everybody said "sorry, no water" although I swa them taking bottles out of their bags later that day.

Don't want to start a debate or attack anyone, but I'll never understand this kind of behaviour. End of the story,but had to take it off my chest.

P.S. Some tickets issues were also quite unbelievable...