2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

you mean they talked about the actual apple pose, as we call it on here?

you know if you had done more you would only keep wanting more and more. in fact it grows with every gig! I've done 4 gigs of this tour, and I think it's harder now, than if it would be if I had been to only one...

Someone, please, what's the apple pose???

Maybe I should be glad I haven't been to any gigs yet and that comparitively he's so inaccessible for me. I mean, he'll come, he'll tour, but he doesn't live here. This is not his home and he doesn't just pop up live on the radio or whatever all the time like he seems to do for you guys. I'm not sure if I could cope with that actually. Whilst I'm jealous, maybe it's better for me this way.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I could cope with that actually. Whilst I'm jealous, maybe it's better for me this way.

I'm with you there! I spend more than enough time on here worrying about him on tour on the other side of the world...if he was over here, desperation would set in....why can;t I be at EVERY gig and go everywhere to see him and watch every TV show/hear every interview etc.

I always feel so much responsibility when he is in Japan... have to report this and that back to MFC....:wub2:

OKAY THE BIG SURPRISE!

What was supposed to happen was Bexx and Tia were due to come on at the 2nd Birmingham show as Big Girl and Lollipop Girl respectively, after a chat they had with Mikas mum the night before. BUT, because the stage was too small, they couldn't do it, as it wouldn't have been safe. We didn't say anything before, because there was was a tiny possibility of doing it at Donny, but as you know the stage was a lot smaller so it didn't happen. So there you go.

Also, his hair at Donny, I'm thinking I'm the only one who actually liked it, it looked good to me.

Oh what a shame it didn't happen:thumbdown:

It was cool that they almost got to though:biggrin2:

And thanks for finally telling me haha

I'm with you there! I spend more than enough time on here worrying about him on tour on the other side of the world...if he was over here, desperation would set in....why can;t I be at EVERY gig and go everywhere to see him and watch every TV show/hear every interview etc.

I always feel so much responsibility when he is in Japan... have to report this and that back to MFC....:wub2:

Glad I'm not the Australian representative then....Aaaagghh! The pressure! Keep it up Blue Sky (and you too Rainbow Sky)!

Quick review: Ok, this is for all three nights because I've got school tomorrow and I'm not sure about getting back on here after this. First off, i loved meeting everyone at Doncaster and Birmingham. You all are amazingly beautiful and sweet people and i hope you have fun at the gigs to come.

Ok, since we arrived in Birmingham Thursday afternoon, we've been pretty much queuing, traveling and eating one meal a day and doing it all over again up until Saturday night. All three gigs were absolutely amazing!!! I made it to front row on the 23rd but was second/front row on 22 and 24th. An amazing accomplishment for being in a different country, i think. :thumb_yello:

I was lucky to talk to Mickey, Cherisse, Saranade and Mika's mom over the three days, all of them are the loveliest of people. Sara is so amazingly sweet and i really like her performance on stage. It was nice to be remembered by the band members and Mika's mom.

I was also lucky to meet Mika every night and to receive genuine smiles from him and excitement by our presence. Mika is amazingly sweet and friendly,and I'm looking forward to getting to know him better. He's on a wave length i can connect with. His energy is insane as i tried to keep up with it and found my self in a real lull on Saturday because of it. After that i noticed that things were getting in, but nothing was coming out. Kinda hard to explain but thats how i perceived felt.

Anyways,I missed my opportunity to have a real conversation with Mika at Doncaster because of my lull and being preoccupied by losing precious items to me. I was a bit depressed by it but, I'm just hoping there will be a next time. All in all Mika and the band were great, Palladium grew on me and i'm getting their album now(:shocked: I never thought I'd more passed Mika :naughty:) and being able to spend a whole day sightseeing and meeting old friends and making new ones was amazing!!!! So far the best Thanksgiving weekend i could have ever had.

Random:As we were at the airport today, Naomi and i were both going through Mika withdrawls and wanting to run out and catch a coach to Newcastle but we had to keep convincing ourselves that we were doing the "responsible thing". Note to self: Next time totally disregard all thoughts of responsibility. :naughty:Kinda wanted to leave on a good note after such amazing experiences. Note to Mika: Your loved, Merry Christmas and we'll be seeing you in America!!! :thumb_yello:

Thank you Cynthia! :thumb_yello: What a rollercoaster ride! Sorry you lost some valuables....

But I'm glad you got to meet Mika, his band, Saranayde, his mom and they knew and remembered you! I can only hope for the same excitement...and about being responsible and having fun - its a hard balance, I know... :wink2:

Got to c Mika at the Dome in Doncaster boy is he fit!!! Heard his first 3 hits which were fantastic just like his CD and then i was gutted:sad: when my daughter said she wanted to go, after booking his tickets 6mths ago i was devistated spent the rest of the night listening outside the concert hall while my son and partner remained (we were so close to the stage). Now just searching for another gig and tickets

Got to c Mika at the Dome in Doncaster boy is he fit!!! Heard his first 3 hits which were fantastic just like his CD and then i was gutted:sad: when my daughter said she wanted to go, after booking his tickets 6mths ago i was devistated spent the rest of the night listening outside the concert hall while my son and partner remained (we were so close to the stage). Now just searching for another gig and tickets

Welcome to the forum Poppy - just wish it was in happier

circumstances!! Next time send your partner out with her!!! :thumb_yello:

Hope so :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Oh dear what a bunch we are !:wink2:

I feel the same, like Wendi i have ONLY been to Glasgow and looks like it's all i'll get to this year too, despite having Brighton tickets, just can't see me managing it .... i don't think.... but i keep thinking how i may last minute just go ! WOW it's friday !When I read all these reveiws too it makes me so longing to see him again and get a chance to speak to him ... you guys are so lucky when he knows you already .. i think i may just feeze when i see him !:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

HE'S FIT ALRIGHT !:wink2:

Oh dear what a bunch we are !:wink2:

I feel the same, like Wendi i have ONLY been to Glasgow and looks like it's all i'll get to this year too, despite having Brighton tickets, just can't see me managing it .... i don't think.... but i keep thinking how i may last minute just go ! WOW it's friday !When I read all these reveiws too it makes me so longing to see him again and get a chance to speak to him ... you guys are so lucky when he knows you already .. i think i may just feeze when i see him !:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Could you not get a close relative to watch the house, hubby & bairns etc and

let you away for 24 hours :wink2:

Hello. I am just back from my weekend away so am only just getting the chance to post in this thread. I haven't read anything other than this page so have no idea what anyone else has written so many appologies if I am repeating stuff. However, i think my report for this one will be fairly short. Firstly however, Vicky....don't worry...many of us 'freeze' when we first meet Mika. I have been very lucky and over the last few weeks have had the chance to have a word with him a quite a few times...but for the first at least three times I had no recollection of what I said!

Doncaster was certainly 'different'! Coming from York (until the last two years I lived in Yorkshire) I felt as though it was a 'local' gig for me and I am certainly familiar with The Dome. It was brilliant to be able to queue inside! What a change! As ever, it was great to meet so many MFCers....I just LOVE that part! I won't mention names as I am bound to miss someone but it was good to catch up with fellow Oldling Ruth again and to meet new people too.

I just found the venue odd. A sports hall doesn't really have the same acoustics as a concert venue. However, other than that...the performance couldn't be faulted. I was SO delighted that Mika did Sweet dreams...ok...that is probably an understatement! I am desperate to see video of that!

Afterwards, as I am sure has been reported, we were allowed back in and Mika did a fairly quick signing. But however brief it is just an absolute delight to see Mika close up and have the opportunity for a quick word.

I think thats about all....I am looking forward, when I have time to catchoing up on the thread and seeing everyones pics and vids. x

I saw you 2 girls in the silver hats and luminous glasses. You were just to the right of me. I thought you looked so fab and to have your piccy with him after, must have made your trip here extra special.

Hi Guys!!!!

I haven't written anything about Donny yet as only just come back from Newcastle, but Donny was cool, although not as rockin' as usual. I dunno if the band were just knackered or what but they didn't seem to have the chemistry they usually always have.

The crowd were not the friendliest, although all MFCer's and some other peeps were lovely and brilliant, but i'm very disappointed to say, the odd couple were really horrible!!!! I did have a good time here but not as good as i would have liked......

I will explain all at some point, but let's just say i won't let any one upset me again and i won't be left on my own again. :biggrin2:

Thank god for decent friends on here!! :thumb_yello:

This just didnt work for me , I didnt like the venue and other things which would be unfair to post on here .......

So MFC people amazing as always .. Donny .. mmmmm

Glad to see other people feel the same way...

I was probably too freaked out the entire day to really notice everything going on during the day. But idd the concert and especially the venue were weird.

I didn't care though, was very happy to be there. After babs' intervention, everything was good for me. :biggrin2: They could have forgotten the confetti or the balloons, I wouldn't have cared :)

Glad to see other people feel the same way...

I was probably too freaked out the entire day to really notice everything going on during the day. But idd the concert and especially the venue were weird.

I didn't care though, was very happy to be there. After babs' intervention, everything was good for me. :biggrin2: They could have forgotten the confetti or the balloons, I wouldn't have cared :)

Yes lovely to meet you :biggrin2:

Considering how much effort we all put in there was little atmosphere , the venue was just wrong .. totally , I hated it .. just wasnt good for a concert .

I had very aggressive people behind me getting annoyed as my santa hat was smacking in their faces when I was dancing!! :naughty: also pushing and children fainting as their mums were trying to push them to the front .. GO ON THE BALCONY NEXT TIME :thumbdown: , Mika was even freaked out when he was younglings being dragged out

Babs saves the day .. shes good at that :wub2:

Pleased you got in

Yeah sorry I didn't really say much, but I'm sure you can imagine how freaked out I was, and that was everything I could think of at that moment...

Oh I know!! I had this "woman" like 5 rows behind me, and she like "boxed" me in the back saying I had to take off my reindeer thingy! With the first song already :sneaky2:

I idd wonder what went wrong... Mika tried to get the atmosphere going a few times but it just didn't work, and at one point he just gave up I think....

Yes lovely to meet you :biggrin2:

Considering how much effort we all put in there was little atmosphere , the venue was just wrong .. totally , I hated it .. just wasnt good for a concert .

I had very aggressive people behind me getting annoyed as my santa hat was smacking in their faces when I was dancing!! :naughty: also pushing and children fainting as their mums were trying to push them to the front .. GO ON THE BALCONY NEXT TIME :thumbdown: , Mika was even freaked out when he was younglings being dragged out

Babs saves the day .. shes good at that :wub2:

Pleased you got in

Yeah sorry I didn't really say much, but I'm sure you can imagine how freaked out I was, and that was everything I could think of at that moment...

Oh I know!! I had this "woman" like 5 rows behind me, and she like "boxed" me in the back saying I had to take off my reindeer thingy! With the first song already :sneaky2:

I idd wonder what went wrong... Mika tried to get the atmosphere going a few times but it just didn't work, and at one point he just gave up I think....

Yeh thats just so so wrong , i just felt a lot of the crowd didnt get "Mika" or the theme and what he was all about , i was surrounded by younglings and was so concious of blocking .. Just jumping back to newcastle .. the first 10 rows were jumping at every opportunity .. In Donny that would of caused REAL issues ....

Yeah..........:thumbdown: crap crowd weren't it? Apart from all us lot of course :biggrin2::wink2:

I heard not much singing, saw not many people dance... I felt a bit akward about it.

To be honest I really thought like: omg, I'm going to a gig with ONLY 2000 people, they're all gonna go crazy, the atmosphere is going to be amazing, it will be one big party but it wasn't like that.