Mika Cancels Hammersmith

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they are more than fine, I just gave them a lift to their flat and we laughed all the way........

did they go to the show last night?

i'm quite happy he is coming to montreal at the end of january... makes

my christmas shopping list alot easier!!!

(5 gifts done!):naughty:

Quel horreur.. obviously truly disappointed, devastated and depressed...:crybaby:

I actually bought tickets this time for 4/12 instead of scuttling along at the last momentito like a cartoon motion character, pinching bottoms to get to the front. Spent all afternoon faffing around with outfits and petticoats and made a fab little fascinator. Yet nothing seemed to go right and just had to keep improvising - so I guess something was in the air - there's always a dark side to the moon. :thumbdown: I was still going to scuttle down to Hammersmith anyway on the offchance when by chance I checked out the sad news. Would have been nice to meet some other MFC peeps and get totally and utterly sloshed or go for crisis counselling. Glad they pulled through and the spirit is rising. :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

My heart goes out to all those who have made such efforts to attend from such far flung places. True dedication.

Still London town is a fab place and there's so much to do. Why not check out the ice-skating rink at Somerset House and soak up some vibes from the summer concert there. Or visit the V&A museum and look at the awsome costume collection, knowing that you are in Mika territory (he lives up the road there somewhere and went to that horrid French Lycee). Or check out Covent Garden Opera House where he first sang aged 11. There's a whole tour of Mika's London to be had there. Enjoy! :wink2:

Viva la vida. Viva Mika. And getting your f****** rosaries out and pray for a speedy recovery so that he can put his feet up over Christmas and bask in the warmth and love of his fans like the true "roi soleil" that he's become.:biggrin2::punk:

I, too, thought of you Scut. It would have been a bigger disappointment than the one of losing the camera and then not having the cash to go to London.
see Scut, in the end losing that camera saved you this heartache.

Seeing Mika live was one third of my motivation for going, the other two thirds were finally getting to visit London and meeting fellow MFCers. So I'm still dissapointed about not going to London. But I see what you mean. I guess that even when you think that everything's gone wrong you get a little bit back.

Hey everybody -

dont forget to look in "the hammersmith apollo thread" in the gigs and tours section. there are more reports and pictures are included!

And Blue Grey is right (congratulations on your first post, and welcome to the forum!) February is usually the coldest month and it usually snows too :boxed:

Seeing Mika live was one third of my motivation for going, the other two thirds were finally getting to visit London and meeting fellow MFCers. So I'm still dissapointed about not going to London. But I see what you mean. I guess that even when you think that everything's gone wrong you get a little bit back.

for some reason I knew I wasn't going to England! so I can save for MONTREAL

wooow!

I somehow forshadowed this....

I know! HOW GUTTED! We turned up after being (ha ha Beeing) on the tube as a Bee got to Hammersmith to find it was cancelled. GUTTED. At least tis being rescheduled I suppose AND he wouldn't cancel the last 2 days without a just reason.

Get well soon Mika! (And Mikey!)

Dude, that sucks!! Have you heard anything about the mika concert in Chicago at the Metro Stadium????? I haven't been able to find anything about tickets or ticket prices. The concert is on June 11th, 2008 @ 7:30 pm. send me a message if you do hear anything if you could, again sorry about the cancelled show..:thumbdown:

Ok, i'm in the airport trying to read...for me it wasn't that bad. well, i came here to see him but people told he was really sick on sunday and i was quite worried. now i'm "happy" to see he's trying to recover. He really needs it.

The band were amazing, as usual. I love them. Thanks so much for trying to cheer us (i missed mikey but the guy was sick)

MFCers are the best people in the world. I'll send all of you more compliments when i arrive home :)

So..i'll be back for february gigs.

We were talking about the "positive" thing of this: We all thought it was over until whoknowswhere (i mean european uk tours) but now we have a date to wait for...

Love you all

Ana