Mika @ FIAT500 Launch VIP Party - London Eye

Yoppappop

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My videos aren't exactly fantastic either... too many photographers heads in the way!

At least you had gloves though....mine were just frozen!

did you get the SITM/BB transition? I wanna watch that again, it was so cute. Actually he was definitely in one of those adorably cute giggly moods tonight :thumb_yello:

I know the others have said it but Mika and Martin in particular (Mikey seemed to be bit serious/moody for some reason) seemed soooo pleased to see us there! I know we usually think they are but they were seriously beaming when they saw us...and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just our imaginations.

He had nice socks on too. Black with neon stars :naughty:

I love looking at his socks, should I be worried!LOL!

I think he likes to see familiar faces, it probably makes him feel at home.

I always notice his socks too :naughty:

I don't think they were expecting a big fan turn out today. Apart from us lot at the front, there weren't many others singing along or anything. Although the stage was pretty far away, it felt like a pretty intimate gig. Whenever he looked up from the piano to the audience, it was at our little section of the front row 98% of the time. :punk:

IMG_2532.jpg

My videos aren't exactly fantastic either... too many photographers heads in the way!

At least you had gloves though....mine were just frozen!

did you get the SITM/BB transition? I wanna watch that again, it was so cute. Actually he was definitely in one of those adorably cute giggly moods tonight :thumb_yello:

I know the others have said it but Mika and Martin in particular (Mikey seemed to be bit serious/moody for some reason) seemed soooo pleased to see us there! I know we usually think they are but they were seriously beaming when they saw us...and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just our imaginations.

He had nice socks on too. Black with neon stars :naughty:

Yeah but when you stand there like a morong, "filming" but not really, and holding the camera up as if you were, one can't help but wonder what the people standing behind me thought of me!

They probably thought that I was certifiable nutcase:roftl: .

I think he does, he probably feels reasssured....I reckon he'd miss us if he'd have to do a gig with no fans there..Maybe that's why he seems so much more serious and on edge on tv appearances

And I am off to bed, my eyes are closing on me, I am absolutely knackered.

Good night.

I will post a couple of video links in the morning (hopefully, if nothing crashes overnight!!)

IMG_2527.jpg

It's taken about 20 minutes to upload that one photo...might leave the rest for the morning...I'm soooo tired and my fingers are still numb.

OMG! He looks like Stephen Manghan from Green Wing here for definite. Seriously!

Sorry big guy.

Here's a little clip of the sound check that me and Laura stumbled in on :thumb_yello: You can't really see much on the camera because it looks much further away. He had nice floppy, big, windswept looking hair during the SC :blush-anim-cl:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dR1gmWkPeKk

It's only short but I was too cold to film, plus it was raining and my camera was going to get wet.

Here's a little clip of the sound check that me and Laura stumbled in on :thumb_yello: You can't really see much on the camera because it looks much further away. He had nice floppy, big, windswept looking hair during the SC :blush-anim-cl:

It's only short but I was too cold to film, plus it was raining and my camera was going to get wet.

Thanks Jennie!

That must have been cool, seeing the sound check. :mf_lustslow:

Haha,I didn't realise that I had so many people waiting for me to speak! I feel like a politician!!

I forgot to mention. When we were waiting for it to start I spotted ICEMAN!! coming out from the side of the stage to the front.

Soi "someone" (I am not saying names:naughty:) started shouting "Iceman!! Hi!!!" and waving at him.......AND HE LEFT!!!

He gave us a horrified look and buggered off!

Hahaha!! Icey is scared of us. He did not look impressed, I am telling you!!

We then tried to take a few pics of him which he managed to dodge by hiding behind some random people and then he disappeared.

He was chatting to John (the tour manager) at that point, who also sort of disappeared, but not so clearly due to our presence as Icey.

I really think that the guy is horrified to think that he has to see us in February; He's probably going to ask for a pay rise or resign.

OK. Is it possible someone could explain reeeeally briefly what this Iceman thing is all about? Who on earth is it?

My photos are really crap. No surprise there.

Oh and we saw no 10, I think he thinks we all are apples and he told his colleague that we were the apples. No one knew what he was on about. :naughty:

And who's no 10 and what's with the apples????

I always notice his socks too :naughty:

I don't think they were expecting a big fan turn out today. Apart from us lot at the front, there weren't many others singing along or anything. Although the stage was pretty far away, it felt like a pretty intimate gig. Whenever he looked up from the piano to the audience, it was at our little section of the front row 98% of the time.

IMG_2532.jpg

I really like this pic...

Thanks for this. I know it's only a little tidbit, but it all adds to the feel of it (although I can't imagine the cold.) hey, I just thought of something... If you guys had frozen fingers holding cameras how on earth did our poor musicians play in the cold??

Thank you all for the reports and pics so far. It makes it seem a little less abstract and a bit more concrete for me, way over here in Aus.

Hello!! Haha!

Well, they were filming all the time so I'm sure that we're on all the footage,lol!

You are right- I reckon nobody there cared about the car. Not us anyway!

What on earth are you doing, trying to watch this? I thought you were done with Mika??:roftl:

Anyway, I came back home straight after the show/gig thing,cause I was tired, cold,and didn't particularly fancy lingering around trying to catch anyone. When we left it was clear that Mika had gone (Aurelien, who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, just saw him leave) so I thougt I'd do the same.

The gig was fantastic!! He did Grace Kelly, Love Today, "Relax" without mentioning Relax like he did in the Live Lounge (bloody AMAZING!!!!!!), Billy Brown, My Interpretation, Stuk in the Middle...I think that he also did Any Other World but now I am not sure anymore....What a crappy fan I am!!

What else...it was only the 3 of them: Mika, Martin and Mickey, who was playing one of those weird stringy things that stand on the ground.Sorry but no idea what it was:naughty: .

He seemed particularly concentrated though,LOL!

They were all very relaxed, joking around, and having a laugh. I think that Mika felt very comfortable with the clear amount of "support" that he had, cause he even put the mike out for the crowd to sing a couple of times,which I reckon he would have not done (unless at one of his gigs) if he didn't think that people would sing along.

He was in top form, looking cute (not that he can avoid that, but I thought I'd throw it in before people ask,haha!!) and he seemed to enjoy himself.

So did we of course, we had a great time.

I loved every second, it was great!! AT one point we shouted that we wanted more I think and he laughed.

Ah, and when he started Bily Brown he heard people screaming a lot and he said "well this song is clearly more popular than the last" or similar....He also made a couple of jokes like when they messed something up, and he said "this is a f*cked up ending"

It was all very relaxed and the vibe was great.

He was playing a piano, which gave it a very nice feel. All in all, it was fantastic, I really,really enjoyed it!

I took lots of video which I am trying to get uploaded and will post as soon as I have it.

Be patient :wink2:

I took tons of footage

thank you sariflor! ;o)

should we open a new thread for pix/reports?

here the others http://www.contactmusic.com/photos.nsf/latest?open&page=1

Hmmm... am I too late to do this? I guess there won't be that many

reports for this -- I'll just leave this for now. (Sorry, I was out

tonight, too.)

OK. Is it possible someone could explain reeeeally briefly what this Iceman thing is all about? Who on earth is it?

And who's no 10 and what's with the apples????

Iceman is a security guy who has turned up in a lot of photos.

Do a search on this site for Iceman -- I'm sure you'll find photos

and threads about him :)

No. 10 -- I have nada clue. I mean, I've read about him, but I'm

still not clear on who he is...

Finally, thanks so much for the reports and pix, girls -- will look

forward to the videos tomorrow! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

I can't remember what time you left but the car drove off at exactly half past 10 and we followed it up the street and realised it had gone, then left because we were actually freezing to death and the wind was picking up... it was actually like Brighton all over again only wetter.

Ahhhh happy days :wub2:

Thanks for all the reports and pics girls - lovely!! The photos are like a little ray of sunshine - I'm all set up for the morning now!! :wink2:

xx

ok, not sure what is what, and as I said the videos won't be great due to my endless moving plus not videoing everything that I thought I was, and then my memory ran out and I had to change it...arrgg but here are a few:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=75XKQWVE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQNHANR0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DNB5BGRH

At least it gives you an idea of how it was. And wtf is happening to my fonts???:roftl:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y9PUUGYZ

I will try and put them up on youtube or myspace later.

Hello!! Haha!

Well, they were filming all the time so I'm sure that we're on all the footage,lol!

You are right- I reckon nobody there cared about the car. Not us anyway!

What on earth are you doing, trying to watch this? I thought you were done with Mika??:roftl:

Anyway, I came back home straight after the show/gig thing,cause I was tired, cold,and didn't particularly fancy lingering around trying to catch anyone. When we left it was clear that Mika had gone (Aurelien, who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, just saw him leave) so I thougt I'd do the same.

The gig was fantastic!! He did Grace Kelly, Love Today, "Relax" without mentioning Relax like he did in the Live Lounge (bloody AMAZING!!!!!!), Billy Brown, My Interpretation, Stuk in the Middle...I think that he also did Any Other World but now I am not sure anymore....What a crappy fan I am!!

What else...it was only the 3 of them: Mika, Martin and Mickey, who was playing one of those weird stringy things that stand on the ground.Sorry but no idea what it was:naughty: .

He seemed particularly concentrated though,LOL!

They were all very relaxed, joking around, and having a laugh. I think that Mika felt very comfortable with the clear amount of "support" that he had, cause he even put the mike out for the crowd to sing a couple of times,which I reckon he would have not done (unless at one of his gigs) if he didn't think that people would sing along.

He was in top form, looking cute (not that he can avoid that, but I thought I'd throw it in before people ask,haha!!) and he seemed to enjoy himself.

So did we of course, we had a great time.

I loved every second, it was great!! AT one point we shouted that we wanted more I think and he laughed.

Ah, and when he started Bily Brown he heard people screaming a lot and he said "well this song is clearly more popular than the last" or similar....He also made a couple of jokes like when they messed something up, and he said "this is a f*cked up ending"

It was all very relaxed and the vibe was great.

He was playing a piano, which gave it a very nice feel. All in all, it was fantastic, I really,really enjoyed it!

I took lots of video which I am trying to get uploaded and will post as soon as I have it.

Be patient :wink2:

I took tons of footage

Thanks for the report, can't wait to see the video and the footage.:wink2:

Oh one last thing:

no pics of Mika (only took video) but here a few of us, and some other guys playing, and the elusive Iceman...as you can see, he was HIDING!!!:roftl:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaFiat500Launch

Can I just say girls, it was really lovely to see you all again.

It's great to see Mika, but even better with you lot!

yay! nice reviews everyone! and nice pix and videos :) hope to see more soon!

ts cool to see u guys in the pix and be like "i met them i met them! " lol

I meant what I said yesterday that I expected him to be pleased to see familiar and supportive faces. It's always going to be more rewarding to play for fans than relatively disinterested people.

And you guys are good fans. It's obvious you love Mika and the band and the music, but you're not hysterical crazy girls. I think it's good for his image to have fans like that. It's hard for the press and general public to take a young, good looking musician seriously when all he attracts are screaming 12-year-olds or groupies.

How I wish I lived next door to him, amazing reports and I am insanely jealous of you guys...........and depressed :(

Aw, don't despair. Your time will come.

There are advantages to living somewhere he's not going to be playing massive arenas on his next tour. The Australian fans have had special experiences too and will again, even if they're not as often.

Sariflor, Jennie, thanks for the pics and videos. I'm downloading now.

And did I say that Mika's voice was in top form? He was really really "well" and sung like an angel:roftl:. You know what I mean.

I'm really glad to hear that :thumb_yello:

Thanks everyone for the reports, it sounds like it was really really worth going to.