Mikas music on TV/film.

RAK1

Any Other World

on

Sì - The film - Giorgio Armani

[YOUTUBE]hsbLrZNYrCc[/YOUTUBE]

I saw this for the first time 2 weeks ago, SOOOO happy when I heard the cello :wub2:

It was on TV just now :swoon:

I love it :wub2: The images the words and the music go so well together :wub2:

You found it before I did :wink2:

Thanks Eriko :huglove:

And thanks Marina :huglove: , I didn't know about this thread before :doh:

I saw it too. Was really happy!

would be happier if the Uw Swatch ad came on, or the MYH car ad, because he sings in those ads.

Any Other World must be one his most stylish songs :wub2: Happy to hear his music on commercials like this, with a pleasant image.

I agree :thumb_yello: It's so sophisticated and lovely - one of my abs. favs. since I got LICM in my hands, 13.3.07, hehe :wub2:

Love,love

me

Any Other World must be one his most stylish songs :wub2: Happy to hear his music on commercials like this, with a pleasant image.

I agree :thumb_yello: It's so sophisticated and lovely - one of my abs. favs. since I got LICM in my hands, 13.3.07, hehe :wub2:

Love,love

me

Any Other World is one of the reasons I've always called Mika, "The Maestro Of Pop."

• 2 weeks later...
valerie harper just danced to grace kelly on dancing with the stars! They have the show's band perform all the music, so it wasn't mika singing, but i still cheered. :aah:

Excellent !

I missed it, watching the politicians play 'chicken' --

I'll watch for a replay.

Edited by A. Clay

And tomorrow night . . .

FOR OCT 1ST SHOW -

Joseph Gordon-Levitt;

Jay Mohr;

Ariana Grande & Mika

Episode 71

10/1/130.0

Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt;

actor Jay Mohr;

Ariana Grande & Mika perform.

Check this site out :

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-tonight-show-with-jay-leno/

Edited by A. Clay

I was so happy to hear a Mika song on Dancing With The Stars tonight! Only better thing would be if he was singing it live himself, but nice to hear his music being used!

I also love hearing his music on X Factor and America's Got Talent! I heard Live Your Life last week on X Factor! Yes, it was background and not someone singig it, but it is still getting on the air!

I can't wait for Jay Leno late tonight! I've got my DVR set!

• 3 weeks later...
Any Other World

on

Sì - The film - Giorgio Armani

[YOUTUBE]hsbLrZNYrCc[/YOUTUBE]

I finally have seen this ad in my TV and just heard the first chords of "Any Other World" I was very excited :wub2:

It seems that Popular was played on the UK tv show The Only Way Is Essex this evening.

Wow!! I saw the very start of TOWIE but didn't continue watching as it's not my cup of tea!

But it's a pop-u-lar show in the Mika-free-zone known as The United kingdom! I am so thrilled!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this brilliant news!!

We have a TV progr. called "Shall vi dance" going on - last Sat. I watched - and YES, one of the dancing couple should try to impress the 4 judges by dancing to Grace Kelly!! After few sec. I of course heard this wasn't MIKA - but a terrible bad version - performed by whom, I don't know !! But the worse thing was: when they were ready, and should be judged, the TV host said: So how was it to dance to MIKA's "GK" !?!? Which they thought was great!?

Do I need to say I felt a sudden need to "strangle" the TV host !? :-( How little proff. is it possible to be?! And my hubby got a good laugh - arrggghh.....

Love,love

me

We have a TV progr. called "Shall vi dance" going on - last Sat. I watched - and YES, one of the dancing couple should try to impress the 4 judges by dancing to Grace Kelly!! After few sec. I of course heard this wasn't MIKA - but a terrible bad version - performed by whom, I don't know !! But the worse thing was: when they were ready, and should be judged, the TV host said: So how was it to dance to MIKA's "GK" !?!? Which they thought was great!?

Do I need to say I felt a sudden need to "strangle" the TV host !? :-( How little proff. is it possible to be?! And my hubby got a good laugh - arrggghh.....

Love,love

me

Now I would have been thrilled, because, first of all. When someone else sings a Mika song it always proves they can't sing like Mika. So score 1 for Mika's matchless voice.

But then, you tell us that the compare said, "How did it feel to dance to Mika's GK?"

That was a mention for Mika and his song! It's all good. At least they didn't call the song, Why Don't You Like Me, like some stupid moo, said on KissFM (I think that's the right station I mentioned where they got the title totally wrong)

Lastly, on these dancing shows (Strictly Come Dancing is the same) the band always cover the songs that are used. Sometimes they do a good job, sometimes it sounds rubbish but it's the way it's done.

I would have hugged the compare, if I'd been there, for mentioning Mika and his song.

Now I would have been thrilled, because, first of all. When someone else sings a Mika song it always proves they can't sing like Mika. So score 1 for Mika's matchless voice.

But then, you tell us that the compare said, "How did it feel to dance to Mika's GK?"

That was a mention for Mika and his song! It's all good. At least they didn't call the song, Why Don't You Like Me, like some stupid moo, said on KissFM (I think that's the right station I mentioned where they got the title totally wrong)

Lastly, on these dancing shows (Strictly Come Dancing is the same) the band always cover the songs that are used. Sometimes they do a good job, sometimes it sounds rubbish but it's the way it's done.

I would have hugged the compare, if I'd been there, for mentioning Mika and his song.

:naughty: OK - you might be right here - I just got so upset, because in my ears they totally ruined the song, it would have been so much better if they just put on the original version from the CD :aah: I don't know the details and rules how the music shall be presented, because I don't follow this program regularly. But yes, at least "Grace Kelly" was chosen, and because of that MIKA got his credit, when the dancing lady ( a very well known one, with a high media profile ) said it was a great song to dance to, and they also got further to the next program ...:fisch:

So thanks to you Marilyn - they're all forgiven now, hehe :teehee:

Love,love

me

:naughty: OK - you might be right here - I just got so upset, because in my ears they totally ruined the song, it would have been so much better if they just put on the original version from the CD :aah: I don't know the details and rules how the music shall be presented, because I don't follow this program regularly. But yes, at least "Grace Kelly" was chosen, and because of that MIKA got his credit, when the dancing lady ( a very well known one, with a high media profile ) said it was a great song to dance to, and they also got further to the next program ...:fisch:

So thanks to you Marilyn - they're all forgiven now, hehe :teehee:

Love,love

me

You're welcome. I understand how you feel though. I get annoyed for Mika, sometimes. Usually because Mika is never mentioned, or played in the UK. Sometimes his music is used on a soundtrack of a show, but it's usually an old song like HE. So it seems, to the general public, that he disappeared after LICM. I get upset that his newer, and still great songs aren't played over here. That's why I'm thrilled that PS was played on TOWIE.

You're welcome. I understand how you feel though. I get annoyed for Mika, sometimes. Usually because Mika is never mentioned, or played in the UK. Sometimes his music is used on a soundtrack of a show, but it's usually an old song like HE. So it seems, to the general public, that he disappeared after LICM. I get upset that his newer, and still great songs aren't played over here. That's why I'm thrilled that PS was played on TOWIE.

I ageee - it's sooo irretating that only GK and Relaxed are used, over and over again, nothing else - so yes, people that are not fans like us, they have NO IDEA about the wonderful next 2 albums, full of MIKA pearls ... :wub2:

Love,love

me

• 4 months later...

I am shocked beyond words. . .BBC Radio 4 have just done a trailer for a program next week called, "What Would Elizabeth Bennett Do?" and they used Grace Kelly in the background.

:wub2:

Not something I thought I would ever hear!

It aired just before their flagship news program the World at One