Mikas music on TV/film.

RAK1

Celebrate was playing on the 'juke box' at the Rovers in Corrie (Coronation street) just now. If I hadn't known it so well, I mightn't have recognised it.

Happy Ending was also behind something on an obscure channel at the weekend; those 3 piano notes are very distinctive.

Celebrate was playing on the 'juke box' at the Rovers in Corrie (Coronation street) just now. If I hadn't known it so well, I mightn't have recognised it.

Happy Ending was also behind something on an obscure channel at the weekend; those 3 piano notes are very distinctive.

Yes I heard Celebrate on Corrie. I started to recognise the tune, and then clearly heard.

"I want the whole world to celebrate!"

It made my night!

Tonight I saw, for the first time,

on TV one of the Crate & Barrell ads.

Noted in previous post,

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3823802&postcount=748

It wasn't the MIKA one,

but now that I've seen one of the series on TV,

I'm going to be alert to watch for his 'Celebrate' one:

[YouTube]c5y0pm4CANM[/YouTube].

Edited by A. Clay

Tonight I saw, for the first time,

on TV one of the Crate & Barrell ads.

Noted in previous post,

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3823802&postcount=748

It wasn't the MIKA one,

but now that I've seen one of the series on TV,

I'm going to be alert to watch for his 'Celebrate' one:

[YouTube]c5y0pm4CANM[/YouTube].

But maybe they won't play that one. Hope they do though.

My 10-yo told me that Make you Happy was used in "School tv weekjounaal" during an item about equal rights for gas and lessons about it at elementary school. http://m.uitzendinggemist.nl/pl/svt/si/uitzgemist/po/opnl/pa/details?nebo_id_deatails=15034169

(In the second half of the program.)

I've checked it out :

#MIKA MUSIC 12:00-12:07 :: http://m.uitzendinggemist.nl/pl/svt/si/uitzgemist/po/opnl/pa/details?nebo_id_deatails=15034169 … - #MakeYouHappy

This is a few months late, but I'm just now catching up on EastEnders. :wink2: You can hear Celebrate playing on a radio in the episode from September 13th. About two minutes in . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCexE4TQz9M

Editing to add, it's also in a scene near the beginning of the episode from September 27th. It may have been played on the radio in Walford more than it ever got played on the real life radio? :teehee:

Edited by Poisonyoulove

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3 lots of Mika-ness on my TV today:

In the morning the new pantene ad & happy ending.

Early evening at the end of darts :blink: they played Kick Ass and . . .

At the end of a program about Blackpool :doh: they played the music track from Grace Kelly.

• 3 months later...

It was a very short Mika moment, but a couple of lines of Celebrate were played on The Voice on BBC1 last night. I was in Mika Heaven!

The Voice is the talent show where the judges/coaches face away from the singer, and if they like what they hear they turn their chairs around.

3 lots of Mika-ness on my TV today:

In the morning the new pantene ad & happy ending.

Early evening at the end of darts :blink: they played Kick Ass and . . .

At the end of a program about Blackpool :doh: they played the music track from Grace Kelly.

I see it as a perfect birthday gift for me - even it took place on the other side of the Northsea :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

It was a very short Mika moment, but a couple of lines of Celebrate were played on The Voice on BBC1 last night. I was in Mika Heaven!

The Voice is the talent show where the judges/coaches face away from the singer, and if they like what they hear they turn their chairs around.

We have the same program here - and once they played "Stardust" in the background, in the singers waiting-room - and I became soo pleased and happy!! "All I wanna do is make you happy" ... Yes, you really do that MIKA - and very easily also :wub2:

Love,love

me

• 1 month later...
2 days ago I heard Popular on the Today Show (NBC) as they went to commercials...just a few lines but it made my day :wub2:

:blush-anim-cl:I know what you're talking about. I was in Nice, France last week - and when I went inside a little shop to buy a bottle of water, MIKA was in the background with "Elle mit dit" :wub2: I don't know if it was radioplay or just the shop playing it, anyway it was like: "Oh, my MIKA" - and I went outside in the sunshine, even more happy :fisch::thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

:blush-anim-cl:I know what you're talking about. I was in Nice, France last week - and when I went inside a little shop to buy a bottle of water, MIKA was in the background with "Elle mit dit" :wub2: I don't know if it was radioplay or just the shop playing it, anyway it was like: "Oh, my MIKA" - and I went outside in the sunshine, even more happy :fisch::thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

The other week I was in a local pub. I was heading to the loo and suddenly I realised I was hearing...

"And IIIIIIIIIIIIII feel as if I've wasted,

And IIIIIIIIIIIII I've wasted everyday."

Well it didn't waste my day. It made it so good to hear Mika's Happy Ending in the pub.

The other week I was in a local pub. I was heading to the loo and suddenly I realised I was hearing...

"And IIIIIIIIIIIIII feel as if I've wasted,

And IIIIIIIIIIIII I've wasted everyday."

Well it didn't waste my day. It made it so good to hear Mika's Happy Ending in the pub.

It's so funny to see how we think and react the same way! :blush-anim-cl:

My fingers were obviously running too fast here while writing, during dinner-cooking, earlier today - so I'm sorry I wrote "Elle me dit" wrong, hehe :fisch:

Now and then I still hear GK and Relax on the radio here - and I'm happy because of that, but it's really frustrating to know about all the good, new stuff which has never been presented! - MIKA really deserves so much more attention :wub2: But like you, I hope his last video might change it - for the better :fisch:

Love,love

me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They mentioned Mika & played a bit of Grace Kelly on "What a Load of Buzzcocks"... a weekly series reminiscing every year of Never Mind the Buzzcocks. (just put out a new season, guys, like c'mon this is silly haha) This week's was 2007 and they mentioned how he burst onto the scene that year... or they actually said something about grabbing "his pop career by the balls... which is how he managed to hit those high notes." :doh::blush-anim-cl:

Haven't found a youtube link yet, but it's on the bbc iplayer here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b036w2n7/What_a_Load_of_Buzzcocks_2007/ (starting around 16 min and 50 seconds into the programme).

They mentioned Mika & played a bit of Grace Kelly on "What a Load of Buzzcocks"... a weekly series reminiscing every year of Never Mind the Buzzcocks. (just put out a new season, guys, like c'mon this is silly haha) This week's was 2007 and they mentioned how he burst onto the scene that year... or they actually said something about grabbing "his pop career by the balls... which is how he managed to hit those high notes." :doh::blush-anim-cl:

Haven't found a youtube link yet, but it's on the bbc iplayer here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b036w2n7/What_a_Load_of_Buzzcocks_2007/ (starting around 16 min and 50 seconds into the programme).

They basically insult him on that show. One time saying they'd locked him in a basement where he rocks back and too, while listening to the radio, saying, "why don't you like me."

They were saying he's disappeared from the scene and they seem to think the only song he released in 2007, was Grace Kelly.

I wish with all my heart he could have a hit in the UK again. That'd be a virtual slap in the round-bits for all those mocking, talentless, morons!

I won't be watching the video.