R.I.P Heath Ledger

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was the beginning of the semester and of course i didn't know yet because i was at school but when i was in my last period we had to say 3 things about myself.. i said i love mika, brokeback mountain:tears:, and my favorite color's yellow....

shucks.

I'm kind of frustrated by the fact that Heath is getting all of this media and not just a week ago the young actor Brad Renfro died. Granted, he wasn't as big a star as Heath and the circumstances in their deaths were quite different.....but it just seems unfair to me.

I can imagine it doesn't make Brad's family to see how little media attention he got in comparison to Heath. It's certainly not a competition, but still....

I'm kind of frustrated by the fact that Heath is getting all of this media and not just a week ago the young actor Brad Renfro died. Granted, he wasn't as big a star as Heath and the circumstances in their deaths were quite different.....but it just seems unfair to me.

I can imagine it doesn't make Brad's family to see how little media attention he got in comparison to Heath. It's certainly not a competition, but still....

I don't know who Brad Renfro was. I'm sorry to hear he died.. (was it a shock to those who knew him?) But I know who Heath Ledger was.. And I love his work.. And I assume so did alot more people.. It's not a competition in any way.. it's just about the fact Heath was more well known and this upsets many more people.. Anyway .. I wish the media would piss off and respect the familys privacy now..

I'm still in shock over it.. and quite touchy on the subject.

Mandi, I know what you mean. In the middle of a discussion about Heath, they briefly mentioned Brad and that was it. With the media, it's always going to be whoever is the most famous, especially seeing as he was an Oscar nominee and had some more well known movies. That kind of stuff sells because more people are curious about it. I get a little upset when the news covers certain kidnappings as well, for example. Most of the victims that get covered are teenaged to mid-20's attractive (white) girls. Then people forget all the other nameless victims.

I actually bet that Heath's family doesn't want their son all over the news as much because all of the bullcrap some of the news were/are broadcasting. Also, Heath hated being in the spotlight. Last night, there were so many errors made because they were jumping to conclusions to keep the topic going. I don't know how many retractions were made.

I'm sure Heath's family wants nothing to do with all this media attention. I think it's awful and it's time for the public to move on.

I understand people are grieving but all this talk about when autopsy reports will be available and stuff bothers me. Unless it's a criminal matter it's no one's business how he died and why and his family should be left alone to grieve.

He even just got nominated for an oscar today :tears:

He did?

Really? Wow...

maybe we can send a letter on behalf of this club... just to say we're sorry

That's such a lovely sentiment...

I still plan on posting a message of my own... but a group one would be great...

Looks like his website is still down - a quick Google search reveals that there are a handful of Heath Ledger fan sites out there. Which one(s) are you all wanting to post on?

Anyhow, condolences:

---------------

To those who knew Heath Ledger - whether as friends, as family, or as the fans who enjoyed and appreciated his hard work and talent:

We are an online community of fans of British pop star Mika. Tonight, however, our forum is abuzz with the news of the passing of Heath Ledger. Many of our members greatly enjoyed his work, and considered him to be a very talented and promising young actor. We are deeply saddened by these recent events.

The news of his passing comes as a shock to our community - we cannot imagine what a shock it must be to those most dedicated of his fans, not to mention his friends and family.

Heath - your fans, friends and family are in our thoughts. Rest in Peace.

Signed,

the Mika Fan Club

---------------

We can edit and ammend as necessary, of course - and some other moddy eyes might want to look over it, as it does sort of represent the MFC as a whole.

It's beautiful... I wouldn't change a thing...

I'm sure they'll appreciate it once the site is back up...

It's so disturbing how such a humble, down to earth man was photographed even in his body bag. Paparazzi cross the line... its not fair.

It was absolutely disgusting. Can't they just leave him alone?

watching anyone being wheeled out in a body bag would be disturbing, but the fact that it was Heath...for me was unbearable... You know, he was so ALIVE and brilliant... so strong, and to know that he would never open his yes or sell out box offices again was too much to take...

It's going to be so hard for me to watch Batman this summer... just knowing that Heath can't feel his own success

I agree with you... It's not so much an anonymous person, but someone famous.

It really bothers me.

Thats what the media keep saying or hinting at, due to him having sleeping pills in his room. However, it is just as likely it was accidental.

Very likely I'd say...

Please come back Heath, please. :tears: You can't be gone. It's not possible.

He was so beautiful too:

heath_ledger_01.jpg

That's such a good picture...

i will always remember him from ten thing i hate about you. (showing my age tho)

the morning shows here were having a tribute and i nearly cried , so sad, i didnt feel anything when steve irwin died till the tribute but this one just shocked me so much. i think the whole country knew by 10:30am when it was first on the news at 10:00am

I knew at about 10:20... cause it was before the news... apparently my sister sent me a message at about... *checks phone* 8:57 am... but my phone had a flat battery...

And I almost did too PO... especially when a reporter from Perth (called Tegan) was talking about his funeral...

It's a good movie... I watched it this arvo...

And I'm listening to a few songs from 10 Things...

People are making up such sick rumours about the whole thing. I hate it that they've turned it into some kind of sick man-hunt when Heath disliked the spotlight and the paparazzi interfering in his life.

And as for those paps and people who stood around outside his apartment to take pictures of his body - I shake my head. I couldn't even watch it on the news, i had to cover up my eyes.

As I said, I was disgusted and shocked... I really wish they'd leave him alone.

I agree... the man is dead, he doesn't need the moment they take his body being photographed and filmed for the world to see. It just seems disrespectful.

The media have had a field day on this, with all their talk of overdoses and suicides. (Apparently his parents found out via the radio too)

And people protesting at the funeral. That is just sick. His dead, they should let him RIP. It can only hurt the family and those who loved him by doing so

It is sick. I hope the police tell them to piss off.

They're taking advantage of the fact that he can't defend himself. Just like Germaine Greer mouthing off about Steve Irwin the day after he died...

Also, some people were comparing him to Anna Nicole, and I don't think that's fair. I mean, we kinda knew something was going to happen to her, just like people are saying something is going to happen to Britney Spears. Up until now, (now that people are trying to say he was in a downward spiral to support their theory he killed himself) there were no signs whatsoever that something like this would happen. It was completely out of the blue.

I really hope that the results come back and say that he was sick for awhile and was on a lot of medication and just accidentally took one too many pills and his already weak immune system couldn't handle it. They've already basically ruled out suicide. Even at school though, a couple of people were saying, "Oh he OD'd, he's a druggie." I was like you don't even know that yet, how can you say that? I hate when people talk badly about the dead. Heath can't even defend himself. Oh well, I think his friends and family (and fans) know that he was clean for over a year and that it was purely accidental so I guess that's all that counts.

I don't understand how he's anything like Anna Nicole... He wasn't a habitual drug user... he wasn't a publicity whore... he could actually act...

They said on the news this morning that he had pnuemonia (sp?), and was taking anti anxiety meds... I think it's more likely that he accidentally overdosed...

HEATHRIP1.jpg

:tears::crybaby:

Kelz... :tears:

I actually bet that Heath's family doesn't want their son all over the news as much because all of the bullcrap some of the news were/are broadcasting. Also, Heath hated being in the spotlight. Last night, there were so many errors made because they were jumping to conclusions to keep the topic going. I don't know how many retractions were made.

His family addressed the press and asked that they be left to grieve in private... I read it on here (either this thread or the Aussie thread, I can't remember)

Oh, bugger, I just remembered something...

Damn.

I forgot again... :naughty:

Oh, I finally got my hands on the Sydney paper...

Heath's on the front... I almost was in tears when I saw the front of it...

OH YOU'VE GOT TO BE F**KING KIDDING ME!!!!

They posted a picture of the coroners bringing his body out of the building...

Sorry... I'll restrain myself now...

Oh, I finally got my hands on the Sydney paper...

Heath's on the front... I almost was in tears when I saw the front of it...

OH YOU'VE GOT TO BE F**KING KIDDING ME!!!!

They posted a picture of the coroners bringing his body out of the building...

Sorry... I'll restrain myself now...

Grrr.. :mad3: I hate how they do that.. Sure it drives it home that he has died, but it's still disrespectful..:thumbdown:

Teegs :tears:2Sad04.gifHug.gif

Kelz and Teegs :tears: *hugs*

I want to go hire some heath movies tonight, to marathon.

And I have a feeling the new batman movie( The Dark Knight) will be getting a tribute to him put on the credits (since it has yet to be released)

Grrr.. :mad3: I hate how they do that.. Sure it drives it home that he has died, but it's still disrespectful..:thumbdown:

I agree... he avoided the limelight in life, why should his death be any different. No one deserves to have such a moment filmed and photographed for the world to see.

His poor family, having every detail on there's son death put out there for the world to see, and his name smeared by misinformation

And I have a feeling the new batman movie( The Dark Knight) will be getting a tribute to him put on the credits (since it has yet to be released)

Bec 2Sad04.gif2bighug.gif

Yeah, he WILL get a credit..

That reminds me so much of when Brandon Lee died.. :tears:

And OG both actors last roles involved... creepy characters and facepaint

Wow... that is weird, the similarity.

I am looking forward to seeing the Dark Knight (Well I have been since I saw the trailer, and he was one of the main reasons, it looks like his brilliant in it)

It's sad :tears:

Group hug...

Sounds like a good idea... I might go for a wander down to the video shop...

I hope they do put a tribute in the credits... I have a feeling they will...

Group hug...

Sounds like a good idea... I might go for a wander down to the video shop...

I hope they do put a tribute in the credits... I have a feeling they will...

Its very likely they will....

And I'm going to wonder down to the video store soon I think.

OMG... you're right...

And I'm glad they destroyed the footage of Brandon's death after the police finished with it...

I love The Crow... One of my faves..