REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're generalising it here like ALL foreigners were like that. But the UK fans were just the same. And I kinda think it's offensive to those foreigners like me who stayed in the queue all day long, from half past 8 'till the doors opened and without even leaving to go to the toilet. Also like to comment on another quote of yours:

It didn't help when a load of foreign fans kept shoving into the queue. I mean it pisses me enough when ALL the UK tickets are bought by countries who already have their own gigs but the fact that the majority of the French crowd just refused to queue properly.

So basically, you're telling us non-UKers to not go to a UK gig simply because it's a UK gig and we already had one? Because as an example the Polish girls NEVER had a gig before. I agree the French weren't the most sympathetic people, but why do you have to generalise it like that? We don't buy ALL the UK tickets. There were enough UK people behaving bad too. It actually saddens me that you think this way about us when in fact most of us foreigners behaved well. Maybe you didn't mean it like this but it does feel like you're also attacking the decent people, just because of the fact we're no UKers. And I don't want to fight, just stating how I feel...

Tbh you misread what I said there, when I said foreign fans who already have thier own gigs I meant literally those places he goes often not those who don't have any gigs in their own countries. And my issue wasnt with other nationalities being there at all it was the lack of co-operation and the lack of respect for everyone else in the queue. I also didnt say ALL foreign fans were pushing in i said "a load" which it was a load and I ALSO said some MFC people and also some British fans were shoving in. I did say elsewhere that those who were doing that know who they are

ok sorry If I interrupt but I want to mention that awesome guy that's Aurelien:punk:

he improvised himself master of the queue order..{and starter of stage invasions and chorus in the backstage}:naughty:

here's with a friend yelling @ grace kelly

2006376270116969971_rs.jpg

It wasn't just him you know, There was Me Aurelien, Sariflour and even Rak got involved on the last night. Team effort!

It wasn't just him you know, There was Me Aurelien, Sariflour and even Rak got involved on the last night. Team effort!

sure, I remember you very well!..

I wanted only to introduce one of the few pix I could made before my mobile died:roftl:

Not sure if i posted those already, but here are few pics from Mika's arrival to Brixton, first time for me seeing him live, i was very much amazed on how tall he is. :o

P2240051.jpg

P2240042.jpg

Someone shouted at him " Mika give us a smile" and this was the result LOL

P2240056.jpg

THEY ARE SO CUTE AHHA :)

Ooooh Wendi!! I loved your detailed and passionate report from beginning to end! And am so happy for u! U made me smile, u made me cry, u made me think, u made me dream..............a BIG THANK YOU with all my heart!! Mika and his mum are really 2 special persons!! 60.gif

57 hours part 4

Then the show started!! After Saranayde's beautiful angel routine, Mika

came on, glowing, and started singing in his crystal clear voice!! Just

listening to him sends me to happyville, so getting to see him as

well - totally incredible!!!! :wub2:

so when I turned round, there was the lovely Mrs Penniman asking if we would like a backstage pass to meet Mika!! I was totally gob smacked!!! She handed me the pass, and smiled, and left as quietly as she had come. I looked at it - looked at Kath, we hugged, I looked at it again, we hugged again - I started to cry!!! It was such a huge and unexpected surprise I really thought I was dreaming!! I had applied some light make-up before I left the hotel as I looked a bit white, and I suddenly realised, if I didn't want to meet Mika with a face with two white stripes and two black eyes, I had better stop the waterworks!! :blush-anim-cl:

I pulled myself together, sang louder, and hugged my lovely Kath some more!!!

He looked happy, relaxed, freshly showered and positively edible!!!! He looked round the 7 of us with a kind of "its THEM" - and then Carri gave him the Tea project she had received via dcdeb! He looked at it, taking his time, and made various comments with a slightly worried note in his voice, about how we knew what he liked etc - and how we knew so much about him. We just blamed Andy!!!!

After the chat had died down I gave Mika my small gift, and told him he didn't need to open it there (mainly because I felt he was going to take off any minute!!). I said I had come down from Scotland, and asked if I could have a photograph with him - he said - and I am still in shock at this, and need to hear the video to confirm it again - "I remember you from Glasgow" - 5 words = very full heart!!!!

I felt like jelly - and if I had not been sitting down I would have fallen down!!!

As I looked at him I realised he had a Peter Pan t-shirt on - and I am called Wendy!!!!!!!!!:roftl: (I dreamt last night that "Wendy" was written further down on his t-shirt - dreams are wonderful things!!!)

He put his arm round me, and Kath took the photo. The whole thing was over so fast I forgot to ask about Australia, Argentina or "chicket" I had hoped Kath would get her picture too, but when he stood up he said he had to go - and he went!! I think he is so kind and generous with his time - he still had others to see backstage and outside - and yet there was no sign of irritation

when he is talking to you, and it feels like you are the only person in the room. I still have goosebumps when I remember him approaching me!!!!!!

I went to the Birxton gig and I saw some MFCpeople, I wasn't sure of their names but I recognised their faces from pictures and stuff, although I was too scared to go and talk to them!!!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Never be scared to talk to an MFC er :)

Hi

Most people have already posted their reviews so there will probably be nothing new here but hey!

We arrived at Brixton at about 5pm to a massive queue, shortly after we arrived so did the music :punk: thanks to freddie & a few others from the MFC I did speak to a few of you Liz (I think) being one and also a girl from Nr Preston (sorry i didn't get ur name) and emmylou ( i think)Well you all defo kept us entertained thanks to the lambrini:naughty:

We got into the venue and we were about 4 rows from the front, there was a bit of argy bargy while the support act were on ( i much preferred palladium by the way!) as a fella that was stood nearby who was fairly steamin anyway decided to light a ciggarette (yes in the packed venue! ) this was a big mistake as stood next to me was a father with his two young teenage daughters and he was also was a fireman! Anyway the problem was resoved quite quickly.

Mika came on to an electric atmosphere and he looked quite euphoric about the whole situation and was constanly grinning from ear to ear.Apart from the screaming girl who was stood very close to me (yes i now have tinnitus:roftl: ) I had a fantastic time but my favourite parts were

Stuck in the middle where the crowd carried on and Mika freestyled over the top:punk:

Love today drum/bin thrashing where he yawned in jest to cherisse:naughtyI also just missed out on a Mika drumstick at this point to a girl next to me

Mika Planting a sloppy kiss on Gray Skelly:wink2:

Lollipop when he got the fans on stage, I remember seeing sylvester the cat who looked fairly stunned then started dancing:thumb_yello:

Most of all the relax encore was amazing Mika was just in his element at this point

I have never witnessed a gig that was so on fire, I mean he was fantastic in Manchester but this was just so much more. My sister also managed to keep hold of a big green balloon and fought off all the pokers,poppers and grabbers that tried to take it off her(you would have thought she had just given birth to it she was so protective:wink2: )

Anyway we left after seeing mika and he signed a DVD for my son who was so excited when i brought it home for him.

Great Night, Great Atmosphere, Great People, Hope to do it all again soon!!!

Please check out the Chunk sings Grace Kelly Thread in Mika chat section

Very few pics from 26th - dont have that many decent ones - most goes straight to Babs album!

anyways, did whatever I cld w/ "crop" and photoshop...

Sara, Valeria (BlackQueen), Greta, Queenie

2001781260691488069_rs.jpg

2001784915593736534_rs.jpg

2001714030433342244_rs.jpg

2001716265710256544_rs.jpg

2001786110973568281_rs.jpg

2001754044934152369_rs.jpg

Mikey's guitar position on this one is really worrying....sorry....:blush-anim-cl:

ykes, I got a Francis Bacon like picture...cool!:roftl:

Very few pics from 26th - dont have that many decent ones - most goes straight to Babs album!

anyways, did whatever I cld w/ "crop" and photoshop...

Sara, Valeria (BlackQueen), Greta, Queenie

2001781260691488069_rs.jpg

2001754044934152369_rs.jpg

Mikey's guitar position on this one is really worrying....sorry....:blush-anim-cl:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

thanx for posting!