2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Yes I it was a bid mad to get a night out sorted .. it will happen Im sorry for that

It felt amazing going to Garden Lodge ... very very emotional for me

Don´t worry hun. Next time for sure :wink2:

Yes, it´s a peaceful place. I love it

Well, despite my own free will I've been drawn back to this thread over the last 24 hours like a car accident on the side of the highway...

First, I want to say how happy I am for Mika & the band that they've passed this milestone, nicely tied in with a Brit award in the same week, and can now take a break and then move on to new things. Congratulations to them! I also think an after-party with champagne was a lovely and generous sentiment, so even though I was not there - I'm sending a thank you to them for being so gracious to their fans.

Having read most of this thread, I feel badly for those who were upset about how things went at the after party, I'm disappointed in those who behaved so poorly and monopolized Mika, and I'm thrilled for those of you who had some special moments... like Saraflor and the t-shirt! I am SO excited about that.

As sweet as the gesture of a party was, it didn't go as well as it could have - obviously. Well, we all live and learn... things happen... and perhaps this will spur Team Mika to make accommodations for just what a big star Mika is becoming, and account for the fact that a small portion of fans will inevitably be obnoxious... sad but true.

In particular, maybe it's time they added a professional event planner to the team? I hardly think this means he'll have to miss out on future events with his fans... it just means it has to be planned better. From his reaction in the video it looks like he DID expect it to be planned better... time for the people around him to step up and figure out how to do this.

Yes, it's disappointing the way people acted, particularly since it was meant as such a generous gesture, a celebration, and simply got out of hand and/or was not properly planned and handled. It's unfortunate, but hey... it's a learning experience, and next time John / Mika / everyone else will have a better idea of how to do this.

Anyway... thanks for everything Mika! Congratulations on wrapping up the tour!

Aww Andi - you gotta love Brixton - great place!! Just walk with yr heads up and shoulders back and you ll be fine!

I loved Brixton, and Battersea and all of the bits of London I saw.... and will be heading down there again in the summer. But there were some 'questionable' people around and I suppose not being on my 'own patch' it made me a bit more nervous.

[quote name='zoots14;1215961

In particular' date=' maybe it's time they added a professional event planner to the team? [/b']

*puts hand up* I'll do it.. never done it before, but there's always a first time:naughty:

I hope if anyone has pics, they don't post them. Yasmine specifically asked for hers not to be posted on the internet.

o really:blink: i didnt no that :blink: we wont do it then:wink2: i wonder if its becasue like the rest of us girls hate how we look in fotos lol:naughty:

Hi

I bet I know who you are. You were asking Marting did he see the Finnish flag and he couldn't understand you, weren't you. He was really sweet and funny and then he signed it. :roftl:

Was that you?

Yep, he thought I wanted him to sign it when I asked if he saw it that night. :naughty: It was really noisy there.

Firstly .. I feel kinda awkward posting these ... I know what eveyone went through and if it annoys anyone i will delete .. I just wanted to show yous :thumb_yello:

MEANDMARTIN.jpg

The best I've seen so far:roftl:

*Bitch slaps Freddie* Stop feeling guilty man, get over it and enjoy the memory:sneaky2: You DESERRRRRVE IT:thumb_yello: How many times do I have to say that?:mf_rosetinted:

Firstly .. I feel kinda awkward posting these ... I know what eveyone went through and if it annoys anyone i will delete .. I just wanted to show yous :thumb_yello:

MEANDSER.jpg

Looks like Martin is "growing" out of your shoulder in this one!!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Yeh deserve .. mmmmm .....

It just hurts to post when people were in tears and didnt get ... ekkkkkk:boxed:

Yes...I didn't get it, I didn't even get to be at the party and I don't cry. You were just lucky. And many more chances will come, you'll just have to wait for it. You got it and other will get it. But after all you've done for this Fanclub, you do deserve it. And I'm not only saying this because I really like you, but just because it's a fact and anyone who disagrees has to do with me:mf_rosetinted:

Seriously...just enjoy it:thumb_yello:

I didnt mean John I meant the young kid I was talking with in front of you , he threw the raffle ticket book thing in the bin he was battered

Aurelian?

There seemed to be a change in rules about whether you could leave the line....

The honest answer .. I dont know ....

It was flawed really , lovely idea .....

From my experience of getting perks from say the U2 fanclub , things like this are organised through the fanclub

.... I dont have an answer really , not to this particular issue anyways .... the guy that was handing out the bands was out of his depth and battered

Really the problem was the high numbers. Too many wrist bands.

Also, although people didn't let Mika circulate as he had planned, he did seem very happy and relaxed. I am sure it was wound up because of the time - the staff have to go home! I didn't feel he was so pissed off that he fled early.

(from my view at the back :-) )

this is a paparazzi pic of rose and andy... they looked so cute i couldn't help myself :naughty: he spend almost 30minute interviewing her, then moved a bit further cause there was too much noise, etc. :wub2:

i took it at the after party so it's on topic, right ? or are we only allowed to rant in there ? :wink2:

img6212ik5.jpg

Yop, this photo (RosePenquin and Andy) -I luv it!!!! It's so terrific to get to put faces to the names and to see everyone "in action" . Thank you!!!

Really the problem was the high numbers. Too many wrist bands.

Also, although people didn't let Mika circulate as he had planned, he did seem very happy and relaxed. I am sure it was wound up because of the time - the staff have to go home! I didn't feel he was so pissed off that he fled early.

(from my view at the back :-) )

hey there ruth ! did u see my comment in the oldling early this morning ? :naughty:

ok ruth i was a bit closer than u it seems i was chatting john beside the door & i felt that he was feeling a bit claustraphobic , im certain that neck stroking is a nervous thing he has ! oh & i know know where mika & co live when they come to glasgow which im not sharing :biggrin2: