2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Hello, just popped in for a sec, still catching up from this morning.

I came in to right a HUGE wrong.

I cannot take all the credit for the extra wristbands. That goes to Avoca and Allegra.

If it wasn't for these two amazing angels we wouldn't have got them.

I only helped give them out, it was A&A that did the negotiation to get them.

Love both you guys;-)

Yes I'm still up!

Yopp, I can' t believe I didn't notice you take that picture and Suzy, your embellishment made me blush. You are very bad girls.LOL!

Tell it how it is. Not sure who you are, and if I'm wrong feel free to correct me, but I can't help feeling the getting in a sulk comment was aimed in my direction. So let me explain my side.

I have been with MFC and followed Mika for about 13 months now, been to various shows, started doing the dress up thing, not because I felt I ought to, but because I thought it would be fun to join in with everyone else. Just so happened to pick an unusual costume that happened to get the big guys attention. I am one of the ones who normally stand at the back and let others have the chance talk to him, but with the penguin outfit, recently that tended to go out of the window as Andy who has been filming since the European shows last year keeps tabs on what I'm doing, and this is because he was told to, not because I push him to. So when I didn't get a backstage pass initially, yes I was very testy, as I had actually got there earlier than I normally do and people who had been there about 5 mins before the hand out got 2 passes. I stood in the queue for them and watched people run round the back and push their hands through to get one, and people even just walking up to John and being given one. So yes I did get in a strop, I defy anyone who was in my position to say they wouldn't have felt the same.

Okay, I concede that , I was kind of in the lucky position that finally secured me one. But I don't, and have never expected any special treatment, and if you ask anyone else there, it was other people who brought it to Andys attention, because as far as I could see, there was no way he could do anything if they were all gone.

I was upset, because I felt that my loyalty, and to be fair the loyalty of others who have been with him since very early on, wasn't going to be recognised. That's what upset me. So if you feel that I don't have a valid point, maybe I should just give up now, 'cause I have put up with being judged all my life and I felt this was somewhere I could find some kind of solidarity with people who feel the same way I do.

well, i'm obviously a good paparazzi :mf_rosetinted: ... and you were quite busy, weren't you ? :naughty:

i also wanted to take another one when you went a bit further (i think you moved away because of the noise where you were 1st when i took the pic :fisch:) together, but i'm a pap with good intentions, and thought you were both entitled to a bit of privacy :naughty::roftl:

and for the rest of your answer to whoever that is, i think you're the last one to have to justify yourself for being in the after-so-called-party... i obviously also have the right to have an opinion after all, aren't i...

some more vids

Thanks for that Sheena. Brilliant quality! :thumb_yello:

I've had some really good positions at concerts but my view of him at the keyboard is always obstructed to some degree. At this gig I was exactly in his line of sight so it was perfect.

I know I've been bitching here about the fiasco at the afterparty because this is the thread for it but I have to say I think this was probably one of the best gigs Mika has ever performed. He gave it everything it he had and the audience was right there with him every step of the way. Crazy awesome show.

What a totally awsome and exhausting Mikafest this week has been. Stuck in the middle between caring for aging mother (with dementia) and stroppy teenage daughter (whom I took to gig on Tues) the sheer excitment of dressing up and sneeking off to Mikagigs is always a wonderfully delicious adventure. :naughty: Arriving with bags on Monday didn't manage to get ticket but did see Mika stick his head out of the car. All day Tuesday getting ready and arrive with daughter to get fairly reasonable place (I wasnt expecting front row stuff but we could still see fairly OK) and had super time just being there. :thumb_yello: After enjoyed meeting some MFCs and managed to buy ticket from Alegra for Thurs. (Molto Grazie) So enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and chatting - un peu le francais and un poco espangnol tambien. Saw Mika come out sign a white balloon and saw him into the car. Thursday ended up arriving very late - was still making Mika's present! Another fab gig. However my technology let me down - as I SO wanted to film all the multicoloured confetti finale.- which I see as representing all the different facets of the Mikaworld: all the people and all the diverse experiences.:thumb_yello: So having bought a spare bag I proceeded to pick up as much confetti as possible - to make a giant collage. One of the security guards let me finish wrapping my present on a table but I still ended up outside on the steps scribbling a letter to Mika. Meanwhile I had no idea an afterparty was on the cards but when I got to the stage door I wondered why there were no obvious MFC people - ie no rabbit ears and no feathers - just mainly tourists. Must say I do admire people who are coming from so far and wide to see Mika when I just tootle down from North London and take my chances. I did meet a lovely lady (in her 60's) who had just flown in from Marseilles who looks after her 92 yr old mother who is also a Mikafan and send him flowers and a letter! The only odd experiences were when I thought I saw Mrs P in a waiting car (I thought I'd give her the present) when I realised it must have been la grandmere, sitting next to Fortune and also the famous lady who speaks her sad story and dances on the GK video. Then had a look through backstage doors at empty and littered stage and talked to the nice roady who did the special effects and when I told him about my confetti scaveging he gave me a roll of streamers.:thumb_yello: Finally got to see Mika at stage door and tried to listen to what was going on. Yes got an autograph and I just said merci - BUT it was very quickly done and sad to say with NO smiles- which felt somewhat rejecting on reflection. :thumbdown: Only yesterday discovered that here had been a party and I cried and sulked all day long! Now I read all the stuff that went on - I probably saw more of Mika at the stage door. However it must have been so flipping cool to have been at the party and drink free champagne.:mf_rosetinted: hate missing things especially a party. Finalement - tant pis -obviously people who had time and energy to queue were more entitled to entry but had I have known I would have been well and truly up for it - next time I will not spend so long picking up the confetti cannon pieces. : Cheers to everyone who had a goodtime and a super Mikafest. :thumb_yello:

What a totally awsome and exhausting Mikafest this week has been. Stuck in the middle between caring for aging mother (with dementia) and stroppy teenage daughter (whom I took to gig on Tues) the sheer excitment of dressing up and sneeking off to Mikagigs is always a wonderfully delicious adventure. :naughty: Arriving with bags on Monday didn't manage to get ticket but did see Mika stick his head out of the car. All day Tuesday getting ready and arrive with daughter to get fairly reasonable place (I wasnt expecting front row stuff but we could still see fairly OK) and had super time just being there. :thumb_yello: After enjoyed meeting some MFCs and managed to buy ticket from Alegra for Thurs. (Molto Grazie) So enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and chatting - un peu le francais and un poco espangnol tambien. Saw Mika come out sign a white balloon and saw him into the car. Thursday ended up arriving very late - was still making Mika's present! Another fab gig. However my technology let me down - as I SO wanted to film all the multicoloured confetti finale.- which I see as representing all the different facets of the Mikaworld: all the people and all the diverse experiences. So having bought a spare bag I proceeded to pick up as much confetti as possible - to make a giant collage. One of the security guards let me finish wrapping my present on a table but I still ended up outside on the steps scribbling a letter to Mika. Meanwhile I had no idea an afterparty was on the cards but when I got to the stage door I wondered why there were no obvious MFC people - ie no rabbit ears and no feathers - just mainly tourists. Must say I do admire people who are coming from so far and wide to see Mika when I just tootle down from North London and take my chances. I did meet a lovely lady (in her 60's) who had just flown in from Marseilles who looks after her 92 yr old mother who is also a Mikafan and send him flowers and a letter! The only odd experiences were when I thought I saw Mrs P in a waiting car (I thought I'd give her the present) when I realised it must have been la grandmere, sitting next to Fortune and also the famous lady who speaks her sad story and dances on the GK video. Then had a look through backstage doors at empty and littered stage and talked to the nice roady who did the special effects and when I told him about my confetti scaveging he gave me a roll of streamers.:thumb_yello: Finally got to see Mika at stage door and tried to listen to what was going on. Yes got an autograph and I just said merci - BUT it was very quickly done and sad to say with NO smiles- which felt somewhat rejecting on reflection. :thumbdown: Only yesterday discovered that here had been a party and I cried and sulked all day long! Now I read all the stuff that went on - I probably saw more of Mika at the stage door. However it must have been so flipping cool to have been at the party and drink free champagne.:mf_rosetinted: hate missing things especially a party. Finalement - tant pis -obviously people who had time and energy to queue were more entitled to entry but had I have known I would have been well and truly up for it - next time I will not spend so long picking up the confetti cannon pieces. : Cheers to everyone who had a goodtime and a super Mikafest. :thumb_yello:

I stood there at the backstage doors but I knew all the MFCers were at the afterparty:mf_rosetinted: but I got over it=) what you say about mika signing with no smiles is true, but I understand. he had had an exhausting day with lots of mikafans.. You could see he was even more tired than I was (and I was very very very tired)

I stood there at the backstage doors but I knew all the MFCers were at the afterparty:mf_rosetinted: but I got over it=) what you say about mika signing with no smiles is true, but I understand. he had had an exhausting day with lots of mikafans.. You could see he was even more tired than I was (and I was very very very tired)

haha same here :P

I don't have a flashing heart yet lol - I only found that thread yesterday on the discount to order it. Seemed abit pointless ordering it now he's stopped touring for the mo.

And no I'm not going to France to see him lol - have never been abroad let alone on my own.

Would be abit nervous to travel on my own to another country - my hat goes out to you guys who do - bloody egypt. Did you just come for the gig.

You guys are amazing.... I do have a passport .... WILL NOT TRAVEL ......

:(

i don't have that flashing heart either though im on here

sorry for being mean, it doesn't look too nice

maybe you can find a better manufacturer to make some prettier ones next time, well, if it is necessary

you shall not be nervous going out !! it's gonna be great, there are always plenty of things to see and to do when you are visiting a new place !!

I've been wondering if I should post this, but I decided to say it in the end because I've been reading so much about Mika having this party, and the reasons for it, future events, etc, that I thought I could say it.

I'm not trying to cause any trouble or make anyone feel bad about it, and of course this has absolutely no weight in how things went or if they were good or bad, it's just about why it was done.

I may be totally wrong so if someone has contradictory information, please let me know and I will correct it!

I was told that this "party" was not actually planned by Mika, but just something that happenned by accident a bit as a snowball effect reaction to the fact that some of the french fans had gotten "backstage" or afterparty passes.

Because they got a few but wanted more of them (for the whole french group I presume) things got a bit more complicated and in the end the management came out handing the bracelets out to try and get more people in.

Mika did not know that this was happening.

As I said, this is what I was told, and it may not be correct, so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I'm just repeating what I was told.

What did make me think that perhaps it's correct, is that when I was chatting to Mrs. Penniman, she said to us "you are all here thanks to Olga as she was the one who arranged it".

Olga is one of the frenchies, who I think had been in touch with Mrs. P. regarding the passes.

Anyway that is the story, I hope that it's all right to say, and of course it doesn't have any relevance as to what happenned during the event.

It's merely interesting (or I think so) to know that it wasn't actually planned, or even Mika's idea:thumb_yello:.

I hope that nobody will hate me for this, I'm just reporting here.:wink2:

MikaConcertLondon078.jpg

MikaConcertLondon079.jpg

Those photos are fantastic. What a crazy view!

m_ce4261cfb9d9a01eb66a6438e82cdc84.jpg

Well, I thought it was funny!

You gotta love Nandos. :naughty:

Thanks for posting the video. I was sure that when Mika said there were unfamiliar faces at the party "but that's okay" he was really saying that that's not what he had intended.

"Oh my God,already 70 have been given out?" So I'm guessing not even he had planned such a huge thing

But he was really nice to give out more after he learned many didn't get one

So clearly it's not what he intended/was hoping for.

I've been wondering if I should post this, but I decided to say it in the end because I've been reading so much about Mika having this party, and the reasons for it, future events, etc, that I thought I could say it.

I'm not trying to cause any trouble or make anyone feel bad about it, and of course this has absolutely no weight in how things went or if they were good or bad, it's just about why it was done.

I may be totally wrong so if someone has contradictory information, please let me know and I will correct it!

I was told that this "party" was not actually planned by Mika, but just something that happenned by accident a bit as a snowball effect reaction to the fact that some of the french fans had gotten "backstage" or afterparty passes.

Because they got a few but wanted more of them (for the whole french group I presume) things got a bit more complicated and in the end the management came out handing the bracelets out to try and get more people in.

Mika did not know that this was happening.

As I said, this is what I was told, and it may not be correct, so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I'm just repeating what I was told.

What did make me think that perhaps it's correct, is that when I was chatting to Mrs. Penniman, she said to us "you are all here thanks to Olga as she was the one who arranged it".

Olga is one of the frenchies, who I think had been in touch with Mrs. P. regarding the passes.

Anyway that is the story, I hope that it's all right to say, and of course it doesn't have any relevance as to what happenned during the event.

It's merely interesting (or I think so) to know that it wasn't actually planned, or even Mika's idea:thumb_yello:.

I hope that nobody will hate me for this, I'm just reporting here.:wink2:

I heard the same story. From different people.

So if it was a last-minute thing that'd explain the overall lack of thought and organisation. That makes me hopeful that if another even like it were ever to take place (and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't) that it'd be far more organised and more of a success.

i'm really happy for eveyone who got to go to the afterparty.. but i must admit it's very disappointing to see faces who'd arrived HOURS after i did in those photos.. it just doesn't seem right.. i know what's done is done.. and i don't want to add to the drama.. but i can't help it.. it's very sad because i had an amazing time at this gig in i don't want the memory of not being able to go to this party ruin it for me.. but it's unfair that i travelled all the way from egypt to see mika and arrived at the queue fairly early and still didn't get to go..

i'm sorry but i really felt that i had to say this..

the photos are looking great tho :P

Hi, I remember you!:) I sort of feel the same...it is dissapointing to see that after all our queueing, it didn't do us any favours really:(

And you traveled so far as well!!

I am still very very happy with everything, and I do feel lucky enough to have even been there, but reading through reports with one after the other talking about how great the after party was....it is a little sad.

Maybe the next time if a similar privilage is given, more time will be taken to let the people who have waited and travelled so far get in. It's only fair...

sorry, just me thoughts everyone....

Maybe it wasn't planned a month ago but that doesn't mean there was no planning involved or that Mika didn't know about it (which is what I've been getting from other sources). Cherisse was indicating on Tuesday that something special was being planned for Thursday and you can tell from the video that Mika was concerned that the wristbands had not been given to the right people. He obviously knew about it in advance of the party and didn't want the wristbands going out to random people.

Those photos are fantastic. What a crazy view!

You gotta love Nandos. :naughty:

So clearly it's not what he intended/was hoping for.

So if it was a last-minute thing that'd explain the overall lack of thought and organisation. That makes me hopeful that if another even like it were ever to take place (and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't) that it'd be far more organised and more of a success.

hehe, glad you liked my pics, I wasn't even supposed to take any on stage I don't think, but what a view!!:mf_lustslow:

Jazzy, that's one of my favorite, favorite Mika songs, so thank you for posting the video! From the lighting, to his facial expressions, to the fans singing along...it's just beautiful.

Pamette, this is random but I love Shaun the Sheep!

you too!! (rem i gave u the candy cane lol)

here's a pic from the end of Holy Johnny

DSC00041.jpg

(Anyone else notice the person with "82" on their hand? And where are they? At the front. Interesting...:naughty: )

Awesome pics, neeve! Thank you!

greta, thank you for the video; it's brilliant!

FREDDIE, thank you for posting the pics! And don't feel bad or guilty for a second--I am SO happy you had that opportunity. :thumb_yello:

Ruth, thank you for all of the pics! I especially love the afterparty ones. The second group shot is so cute.

sariflor, that "Relax" encore was SO great! Thank you!!! (And don't worry about the quality--I'm just glad to see it!)

scg, the videos...:mf_lustslow: Thank you!

at the hanson fanclub and many others, you have a yearly payment and you get a card that you can show at concerts for perks.

you win some you lose some. give and take.

Yeah, that's how I got a Hanson M&G. Someone from their management walked down the line (queue, lol) and asked, "Who has their MOE card?" (The name for the official membership card.) Some girls begged him for a M&G but they had no card, so he said no. I ran up to him, waved my card in the air, and he gave me a M&G pass. So yeah, it works to have a fee and an official card. You show the card, and you get perks. And on Hanson.net they tell you to bring your card to every show. Mika should do that. :thumb_yello:

nah its worth it! hahaha i come on here everyday so its like my new home lol! at the britney spears fan club (not that i am a fan of her but i heard it on E! a few years back) her fan club costs 30 dollars a MONTH!!!!

Whoa! I think the Hanson.net membership is $40 for the entire YEAR. Those Britney fans are totally ripped off. :thumbdown:

I think as far as the afterparty goes, we just have to (and this is easier said than done) get over all of the judgement over whether it went well or not. The truth is, what happened happened, and now it's over. Overall, I doubt Mika is obsessing over what happened as much as we are. He may rethink the organization if he does future events like this, but I doubt he was shocked by what happened. You live you learn, and I think although Mika has experiences like this, it won't deter him from attempting them again, he'll just go about it differently. I really think there will be future Mika experiences for everyone. He's JUST beginning his career. We have decades of fun ahead! :punk:

Well wait, even if it WAS a last-minute thing, that doesn't mean Mika also didn't try to restrict the guest list due to his own specifications (we saw that he did), or wanted to make the best of it and have it be a casual party rather than a promo signing type deal where he'd be mobbed for the whole night.

It could have been got together at the last minute and Mika could still have wanted it to become a chance to interact with dedicated fans in a laid-back environment.

--Jack

(Anyone else notice the person with "82" on their hand? And where are they? At the front. Interesting...:naughty: )

That's a 28, not an 82. Someone would have written the number on their hand from the other direction. :wink2:

I think that's actually 28.

Edit: Christine beat me to it!

My videos are still uploading, and will probably take a while, but so far I have one of the Relax encore:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6KGDB4MFUPg#GU5U2spHI_4

Quality seems to be getting worse, not sure why..The file that I have is great quality, and same format/size as previous ones that look far better on youtube, so I don't really get why.

But hey, at least it's something. I'll convert them at some stage and put them all on myspace.

Thanks for sharing the Relax encore, Sariflor. The energy in the room must have been amazing! You guys didn't even give him the chance to sing. And the drum entrance and sped-up ending were awesome. :thumb_yello: