2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

the security people (esp. the elderely men) were nice and friendly! I agree on that. and after a few gigs there, we got to be kinda aquaintances for them: they greeted us as we came and stuff. :naughty:

I doubt it. A very nasty girl with very pointed elbows, a severe problem and a just as nasty friend who had pushed and stabbed their way in front of us made her way to the party as well. And she honestly can't have been much older than 11. I was afraid Tokio Hotel could be somewhere near already.

Oh dear god - hope it wasnt mine and her friend - although they were quite awe struck and I had to take them up to each band member!! so hopefully not!!

and yes they are jusat 13 - think they were allowed in as they were with me - a sensible adult - ha ha ha ha ha:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

that point was not how many.

Oh, you did. :lmao: I actually recognized you and asked you if you were Marianne from Finland when you were talking with Cherisse. In fact, she signed your dvd booklet (was it the dvd booklet at all?) with my marker. I have to apologize for not having introduced myself to you properly, but I didn't want to interrupt your conversation and then I got distracted. :blink:

BUT we met . kinda

we kinda met too :mf_rosetinted: it was very nice to kinda meet ya finally. and mr violet as well. say him hi. ther was an hilarious misunderstanding in backstage about his name (you know why...:roftl: ).

Because it had come from our side

Then from their side since it was the last gig of the tour they decided to make it special for the fans...and went to 70 passes

29 passes

The thing is...Olga, the french girl, has been to like 18 gigs or something and Mrs. Penniman already recognizes her...on Monday backstage for Thurday was brought up...On the 28th Mrs. Penniman called her and 10 backstage passes were going to be handed over to her...and I was going in with her since I was representing the portuguese :shocked:

I was afraid of going though...ppl would probably mob me or something saying I didn't deserve it...Though I've only been here for 2 months, I LOVE Mika's music from the very beggining, but due to RL and money issues I don't have the chance of following arround...Olga did so much for me on the 3 gigs...the first of a long list I intend to do...

And not only the french group was going with her mind you...it just became bigger suddently, but if it wasn't for Olga talking about it on Monday it wouldn't have happenned...so bow to her now :mf_rosetinted:

I got given this oportunity and I don't want to feel bad just 'cause I had my first gig this week....my mind tends to block the bad things that happenned and focus on the good ones liek meeting all of you...I LOVE YOU PPL :wub2:

Will report later, just had to say this

Love, JuJu

xoxoxo

ehm.. NOT saying ANYTHING against olga or anyone with this, but I was there and I can tell ya the truth. the passes for the french people were ASKED by them, not given by mrs penniman for her own idea. mrs penniman promised she'd arrange smt for them which was very nice of her.

BUT the 28th thing is mika's idea, not his mum. and it included all fans who stood there for longer time queuing as well as mfc'ers and fans that followed mika round quite a bit.

what I wanna say is NOT taking off the praise of this from some fan, but to in fact direct it all to mika, cause it was his idea. and ya know I can be harsh at times with the man. have been in past, so I cannot be biased over this.

Thanks peeps.. for such wonderful photos.. and stories and clearing things up.. etc.. it's so nice reading all of your posts now even more that I have met most of you equally wonderful ppl..:wink2:

we kinda met too :mf_rosetinted: it was very nice to kinda meet ya finally. and mr violet as well. say him hi. ther was an hilarious misunderstanding in backstage about his name (you know why...:roftl: ).

Ditto! :wink2::huglove:

A misunderstanding? Did people think I was there with the guitarist? :mf_rosetinted: Well, I was...:naughty:

Oh and Mr. Violet says hi, too!

Marleen - your pics are completely incredible.

Some of the best concert pics of Mika I've ever seen girl - you should be proud.... :)

Dani - thanks so much for posting all those aftershow party pics. Would have loved to have been there myself. But photo's are the next best thing. Thanks for taking so many fantastic ones.

:)

29 passes

ehm.. NOT saying ANYTHING against olga or anyone with this, but I was there and I can tell ya the truth. the passes for the french people were ASKED by them, not given by mrs penniman for her own idea. mrs penniman promised she'd arrange smt for them which was very nice of her.

BUT the 28th thing is mika's idea, not his mum. and it included all fans who stood there for longer time queuing as well as mfc'ers and fans that followed mika round quite a bit.

what I wanna say is NOT taking off the praise of this from some fan, but to in fact direct it all to mika, cause it was his idea. and ya know I can be harsh at times with the man. have been in past, so I cannot be biased over this.

29?? thought there were more :blink:

And I know it didn't come from Mrs Penniman but from Mika

It started on Monday from Olga...not only french were going...I'm not French :roftl:

Than Mika decided to evolve it to something else...it just didn't work that well :boxed:

He was lovely - the big guy on the left - he came past Kath and I several

times - and put his hand on my shoulder, just wondering if we were ok!!

And he said goodnight at the end - with a big smile!!! Lovely man!!

Yeah, he is a really nice man. There was a very young girl standing close to me and he keeped asking her if she was still oke. So sweet!

And he thought my t-shirt was funny. He had to laugh about it :biggrin2:

wow marleen, your pictures are amazing!

cute pic of andy there too :) hehe

i'd like to ask something..it probably doesnt have a right answer because it depends on the place and stuff..

but how do you guys find out where mika is going to be after the concert to meet the fans? because in all the pics it looks like a back entrance or something.

and another thing..what happens after stage invading in the last song? lol and has anyone here ever met mika after that?

sorry for the possibly stupid questions, but i've always wondered that and there's not a better place to ask than here! heheh

I am not quite sure but I think this is it:

After the concert the people that want to stay behind and meet him go round the back to the stage door. That's pretty easy to find just go round the back and find a door with the words stage door on it, or words to that effect! :naughty:

At Brixton after the stage invasion of Lollipop I don't really remember what happened, I think the people go off the stage because I don't remember them being there for the Relax encore, in fact they weren't there for Relax.

Hope that somewhat clears things up, despite my rubbish explanations!

The door where we were waiting for MIKA:

P1090145.jpg

:wink2:

After Lollipop, Mika wents backstage very fast and everybody who was on the stage had to get off.

no, it didn't go this way. the backstage with the frenchies and others was one thing, this is another.

cause the two things collided time wise, the 10 persons backstage encounter did not happen, but they were two separate things.

and yes, there were 29 extra passes.

no, it didn't go this way. the backstage with the frenchies and others was one thing, this is another.

cause the two things collided time wise, the 10 persons backstage encounter did not happen, but they were two separate things.

and yes, there were 29 extra passes.

God it looked more...maybe because ppl were on top of him then :sneaky2:

Yeah, he is a really nice man. There was a very young girl standing close to me and he keeped asking her if she was still oke. So sweet!

And he thought my t-shirt was funny. He had to laugh about it :biggrin2:

The door where we were waiting for MIKA:

P1090145.jpg

:wink2:

After Lollipop, Mika wents backstage very fast and everybody who was on the stage had to get off.

& i at last got at the front of the stage , yeah for stage jumping !

i understand you had to get off..but where do they tell you to go?

you have to go to the back of the crowd or you can go back to where you were in the front?

i understand you had to get off..but where do they tell you to go?

you have to go to the back of the crowd or you can go back to where you were in the front?

Everyone got back off the stage the way they got on it, and were let back into the crowd via the barrier at the side.

Hi

I'm so pleased the heat of anger has gone from the thread as a few days have passed.

I can't stop grinning to myself when I think about Thursday.

Thanks so much for people who have posted video links :) and photos :) , specially all those from Marleen because they're such good quality.

I loved meeting so many of you, it was the BEST night. Thanks.

~x~

Hi

I'm so pleased the heat of anger has gone from the thread as a few days have passed.

I can't stop grinning to myself when I think about Thursday.

Thanks so much for people who have posted video links :) and photos :) , specially all those from Marleen because they're such good quality.

I loved meeting so many of you, it was the BEST night. Thanks.

~x~

I can't stop grinning every time I look at my photos of Mika and Andy, heh heh.

My belgian mate Phylomene has uploaded her brilliant pics of the 28th gig:

sample:

Sanstitre.jpg

brix2.jpg

The rest is to be found here:

http://interfutsal.be/phylomene/mikabrix/

YAAAAY FOR PHILO :wub2: :wub2:

:shocked: Wow! I REALLY wanted to try to take some black and white photos at my gig because I love black and white and wondered how it would come out but I was too far back to try.

cimg0515ac1.jpg

Just when I think I may be coming slowly back to reality, I see a photo like this and it makes my breath catch in my throat. I dare anyone to look at this and not to have the urge to bite their own lip. :wub2:

Thank you for posting!