2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

The reason this thread has gone on for pages and pages is because there was so much reluctance at the beginning to even admit that the behaviour was unacceptable. It was only when we learned that Mika himself found it atrocious (as if there was any chance he would not have! :doh:) that all the apologists disappeared.

christine im curious where was it posted that mika had said that the mobbing was atrocious ?

titania posted it. we don't know the source.

I am NOT surprised he found it bad, everyone could see it was. I am still wishing to know the part about the attitude BEFORE the party, but that's another story.

So you think it will work then? A thread about it here?

Cuz maybe you can try setting that up then?

:mf_rosetinted:

Okay. :thumb_yello: Maybe we can talk about it in in the coming weeks/months? I don't think it's going to matter for awhile now and things could possibly change with official status in the offing.

Okay. :thumb_yello: Maybe we can talk about it in in the coming weeks/months? I don't think it's going to matter for awhile now and things could possibly change with official status in the offing.

Good plan.

Yeah there won't be any gigs for a while.

Hopefully becoming official will help a lot with the organisation before gigs.

thanks christine :thumb_yello:

ive been feeling really guilty since that gig , i wish i could turn back time , went solo & tryed my hardest to move the hoards of animals mobbing mika :thumbdown: im not sorry if the guilty parties read this n think im being nasty cause i am ! there was no excuse for what they did , many of us were able to control our feelings towards mika & not go near him for anything ! as for john & fred i hope u 2 feel guilty too :thumbdown: i know u 2 didnt cause this mobbing in anyway but u sure didnt nothing to control the situation ! this is the last thing i am going to say on this subject . rant over !

ive been feeling really guilty since that gig , i wish i could turn back time , went solo & tryed my hardest to move the hoards of animals mobbing mika :thumbdown: im not sorry if the guilty parties read this n think im being nasty cause i am ! there was no excuse for what they did , many of us were able to control our feelings towards mika & not go near him for anything ! as for john & fred i hope u 2 feel guilty too :thumbdown: i know u 2 didnt cause this mobbing in anyway but u sure didnt nothing to control the situation ! this is the last thing i am going to say on this subject . rant over !

I agree that something could have be done before..to organize things better..but the human factor is so imprevedible, and the mob is mad:mf_rosetinted:

ok I realized the sillyness of my zen{let's say obvious}post...only I get puzzed by how the thing was conduct..there were all the premises for an unhappy ending, you can't smile and go on like all is ok if it's not

And again I say: look at the videos and photos of Mika that night. He looks happy and relaxed to me. Tired, yes. But he gave lots of time and made no effort to clear off or to have ice man intervene.

Now, maybe titania is right and the whole thing was a dreadful experience for Mika but we'll probably never know. I obviously don't want to feel that I, in any way, contributed to that.

But, as Rose has said, Mika calls the shots, normally, why would he be forced into an aftergig party that he didn't want to be at. I think the numbers may have pi**ed him off, maybe strange faces too, but he appreciated the distances that people had travelled.

I spoke to someone there called Alex. I didn't catch her job. promoter perhaps? Anyway she told me that Mika is unique in the industry to do this.

And again I say: look at the videos and photos of Mika that night. He looks happy and relaxed to me. Tired, yes. But he gave lots of time and made no effort to clear off or to have ice man intervene.

Now, maybe titania is right and the whole thing was a dreadful experience for Mika but we'll probably never know. I obviously don't want to feel that I, in any way, contributed to that.

But, as Rose has said, Mika calls the shots, normally, why would he be forced into an aftergig party that he didn't want to be at. I think the numbers may have pi**ed him off, maybe strange faces too, but he appreciated the distances that people had travelled.

I spoke to someone there called Alex. I didn't catch her job. promoter perhaps? Anyway she told me that Mika is unique in the industry to do this.

He definetly is, ... can anyone think of any other artist who has done something like this? :blink:

He definetly is, ... can anyone think of any other artist who has done something like this? :blink:

I don't know ANYTHING about ANYONE else. But I felt it was rather special; that's why I asked.

Actually, I know one : -M- or Mathieu Chédid. He's famous in France.

I went to see extracts from his new dvd some time ago, in a cinema and there was an open bar (no alcohol though) but there was some good food (it was lunchtime). And he was there when we watched the dvd and we could ask him questions after, it was well-prepared he had a mic and at the end he signed autographs.

But he's not as famous as Mika though.

I went to see extracts from his new dvd some time ago, in a cinema and there was an open bar (no alcohol though) but there was some good food (it was lunchtime). And he was there when we watched the dvd and we could ask him questions after, it was well-prepared he had a mic and at the end he signed autographs.

That sounds absolutely great. Good on him!

(As I said I know nothing about any others - I'm a beginner - never joined a fan club before, never travelled (alone) to see a band!)

I don't know ANYTHING about ANYONE else. But I felt it was rather special; that's why I asked.

Yes... Me either... well... except for this post :naughty: :

So nice of him :) ... !!

thank you, ruth. sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

I think it's very ungrateful to put the blame over john, leaving alone freddie: the party was by invitation and they tried their best to keep order. unless they kicked literally all the mobbers out, they could do nothing.

I know that Sparkly1 said this to John... she knew she wouldn't get close enough to tell Mika this herself, so she asked John to tell him to say thanks to Mika cos we know that most artists don't do this.

Go Viv!

One of the key issues I still feel is having seperate security for men and women , there are far far fewer men compared to ladddiess at Mika gigs .. so the females end up bottle necked (hence the reason they put more female security people on) . I was way way back and ended up 3 rows ish from the front

Also having no bags seems to help :thumb_yello:

And because of that you have guys that enter before though they are like in the hundreds and save places for their girlfriends in front row center :sneaky2:

Believe it I saw it happening :thumbdown:

Yes, by day 3 I made sure I had as little on me as possible and got through quicker than usual. It still shouldn't be necessary though.

Laura was always delayed because of her Sylvester costume but she shouldn't be penalized for that since Mika requested fancy dress. People 30 and 50 places back in the queue should not be allowed into the venue until the first group has passed security and gone into the stalls.

:thumb_yello: too right! i wouldnt mind being frisked so much if it were done by a handsome young man......and people werent allowed to RUN past me!

:naughty:

Oh awesome. Kata needs to start her donutman thread to pay homage.

We love you John!!! :wub2:

we love you John we do

we love you John we do

we love you John we do

Oh John we love you!

A couple of vids of that night (beats youtube in any case):

Relax:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30052185

Grace Kelly

(if you ignore my retarded screaming:naughty:):

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30042630

Relax encore:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30095110

How Much Do You Love Me:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30098742

I'm putting the rest up slowly so keep checking it if you like:wink2:

[url=http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30052185][/url]