Book on Mika out this week

Niki27

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can this be legal? I mean, to write something factual like a biography about someone, is there not the need to have that person's permission?

I just don't get it. If they are speaking about Mika, using his pics, and copying DaWack's artwork, can Mika not stop them from doing so?

Of maybe he figured that the extra exposure will be good for him, then he can just come out and say "by the way, I do not endorse this" or similar, and voila: everyone "knows" about him...

If you think about it, it may work quite well as free publicity for him. Not that he needs it in France, but i guess that it's never too much...

Just a little thought, really, as I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have done something about it if he could...

Or maybe he just can't, but I find that even harder to believe, if it's such a clear "copy" of things and not authorised.

I'm not 100% sure about this but maybe they really don't need his permission. If it is just the stuff from magazines and some facts you can find anywhere on the internet then maybe they don't need permission of that person. I'm not saying this is the right thing to do and it doesn't make any sense to me either. But in this crazy world anything is possible.

Or maybe he gave them the green light, and we don't know about it.:bleh:

Exactly :sneaky2: Just looks like they got someone else to do the artwork, eurgh.. tht's not nice at all

Naturally, they can't claim the original artwork if it's not a book published with Mika's permission, suckers:mf_rosetinted:

But why a book? Why now already? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?:shocked:

Naturally, they can't claim the original artwork if it's not a book published with Mika's permission, suckers:mf_rosetinted:

Cause Mika is cool. :mf_rosetinted:

Sariflor, they don't need permission to write about a public figure or use his publicly released photos, especially if it is "facts" and not "libel." They may not be able to use his own artwork, but as you can see, they did not... they drew a different Big Girl, etc. Mika doesn't hold the copyright on the swirly patterns, as we've seen other people use them before. So nothing they did is illegal or anything...Unauthorized biographies come out all the time.

They rather made him look like a twat on the cover though. :naughty: I'd be annoyed at the book too.

--Jack

I do remember once reading something about a book being published about Nicole Kidman, without her permission. Ofcourse he's able to sue them etc. but I doubt it if he does. I mean, he's already sued that Belgian woman, so I think that sueing even more is just a waste of money and basically, they did nothing wrong. And as is already said, it could be good publicity for him anyway.

Overrated, overrated, he's jaded in this godd*mn world:mf_rosetinted:

For that reason perhaps?:naughty:

He only has one album people! They could have done it after the second album!

Oh, and next time make the artwork look better people!:sneaky2:

lovely cover! mika didn't know about it back then and he didn't seem too pleased. hope copyright matters have been sorted out by now.

my french sucks anyway, I could not read it.. :naughty:

pls, those who buy it, kindly post scans of the never-seen-before pics :wink2:

INGIE, wasn't it, godd*mn hole..? :blink:

yeah, let's sacrifice our MFC troops ethic for once:cool:

the Wiz got enough money:naughty:

...and then burn that devilish book!:roftl:

I know, it's exaggerate :bleh:

like the autographs selled on ebay..as long as there are people happy to buy'em...darn If I wouldn't be so idealistic&honest :rolleyes:

...I need founds too:thumbdown:

Burn it! Burn it! :ghostrider_h4h:

My bet is that they copied Yasmine's artwork but did not take it because if they had, THEN Mika or Yasmine could have sued them for copyright reasons. And non-fans can get fooled very easily by this approximative artwork.

I might be wrong, but as many unauthorized books get published on artists, I guess that as long as you put public pictures and a text that does not talk about private stuff, you can't be sued...

yeah, let's sacrifice our MFC troops ethic for once:cool:

the Wiz got enough money:naughty:

...and then burn that devilish book!:roftl:

I know, it's exaggerate :bleh:

like the autographs selled on ebay..as long as there are people happy to buy'em...darn If I wouldn't be so idealistic&honest :rolleyes:

...I need founds too:thumbdown:

I don't feel particularly bad to ask people who buy it anyway to share the pics. I mean just go on the mikagasmic thread and you can feel bad for the rest of the year seeing what's posted there.. :fisch:

lovely cover! mika didn't know about it back then and he didn't seem too pleased. hope copyright matters have been sorted out by now.

my french sucks anyway, I could not read it.. :naughty:

pls, those who buy it, kindly post scans of the never-seen-before pics :wink2:

INGIE, wasn't it, godd*mn hole..? :blink:

Huh?:blink:

:boxed:He must be angry about that, of course...

Mister M is not finished yet, he's just started and he still has to show us all his Mikapower :mf_rosetinted:

morevoer, he plans everything so accurately and this sounds definitely unoriginal :thumbdown:

well if none of the money's goin to mika, then i won't buy it!

but then again, i've bought a mag. w/ him in it just to look at him:naughty:

hmmm i can't decide if i'm gunna get. it.

oh wait yes i have decided, i can't buy it cuz i live in the FREAKIN' UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!:mad3::thumbdown:

okay i'm done:thumb_yello:

wow, that is sort of crazy. isn't it a bit early to start making bios for him? he's barely even started. And he didn't even know about it? :shocked::naughty:

Well, i think i'll pass for now on this one.

maybe i'll get one if he were to wright/approve one himself

this one sounds lame to me.

More than 16 euros on something we already know? I guess the pics would be what we're paying for.. but I can just print pics of the computer if I wanted them that badly.

tru, o well i still want one..its of mika, i got a magazine that was featuring his sister, (but he was in thepic) one time for 5 dollars. lol:cool:

Oh, this is the book he was upset that was being published, isn't it?

Upset?

So someone just randomly made it and sold it??? That's shouldn't be allowed :blink:

That's dumb... To just make a book without even asking the guy that it's gonna be on if they can.. Or ask him what they can put or not..

Anyways, if it's something Mika, it'd still be nice to have :wink2:

Upset?

So someone just randomly made it and sold it??? That's shouldn't be allowed :blink:

That's dumb... To just make a book without even asking the guy that it's gonna be on if they can.. Or ask him what they can put or not..

Anyways, if it's something Mika, it'd still be nice to have :wink2:

he was upset?

so, i just looked at the cover of the book again and now its so devistatingly obvious that the book was not made by Mika, because as we know mika would have had a lot to do with a book being made about him, it actually would have been made by him...but anyway i looked at the cover again and the LICM artwork thats on there is clearly not original! i cant believe i didnt catch it the first time, but theres no way MIka had anything to do with the making of this book