"Rain," Everybody!

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem...now next time when I'm at his concert, can someone tell me there is a meet and greet...or that I should WAIT!?

*sigh* *cry*

We didn't know ahead of time that there would be one. But I can tell you right now - wait next time! It's very rare that he doesn't come out after the gig, at least for a few minutes to talk to people.

i keep singing this song LMAO :roftl:

funny...i prefer the verses, but end up singing the chorus :roftl:

"more than this.....whatever it is....baby i hate days like this..."

I love that bit :wub2:

Here is my vid of Rain (Live at Amsterdam Westerpark)! It's really good!! :thumb_yello:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVllyw_7sI

I am glad you posted this--it sounds better. The first videos of this were actually painful to my ears when he went into his falsetto and I had to turn it off.

On this one, I can hear that there is a lot of beauty to the song but that falsetto part still.....oh well....just my opinion.

It's a beautiful song, works very well live.

It was funny to see all MFCers singing along in Amsterdam and all the others were looking at us like: What the f**k? It's a new song? How do you knoe the lyrics?

It was funny to see all MFCers singing along in Amsterdam and all the others were looking at us like: What the f**k? It's a new song? How do you knoe the lyrics?

I love that feeling and those looks, makes you feel like a proper (non-obsessed :fisch:) fan :biggrin2:

What is this other new song HMDYLM that people are talking about? I can't believe I missed it. Can someone provide a link?

More about Rain--I am glad that Mika does not seem to care if he makes it big in the US, because I don't think Rain (for one) will bring in many fans. Not that it is not radio-friendly (which it isn't)----cause the new ColdPlay album does not have many radio-friendly songs on it, and it is going like wildfire here in the US.

It is just that Rain sounds to me....like off or something...I can't explain it.

:roftl: I didn't know you went to Amsterdam!

!!!

this is pure genius to me , it reminds me what i first loved in him, this guy is making ART and he is the Lord of dirty pop, really, i saw him three days ago and he was the best, talking about rain , we were all dancing under it and we had so much fun, i can only be grateful for that, all the bands i saw were just jesters compared to him and god knows i love them more than mika but its pointless and out of topic so back to rain, i dont have the strenght now to xplain, if we consider that art can be xplained (but yes of course it can) i could write a thesis about it, but i wont , just say that i belong to the rain lovers, the way he cut his words I- hate- days- like- this, the way that (like christine mentioned it) he sings like the singers who are trying to hide they cannot sing, well he can, we know it and it makes a part of the beauty of it, the word he uses like trial or the way that its repetitive to me its also a part of the beauty of it, the lyrics are not weak to me just minimalist, i cant tell you why this song absolutely meant to be cheesy at the end its not, he is on the edge, ready to fall to the cheesy side at every breath but he doesnt, like an acrobat on the rope(haha) and when he sings rain/an drain/and rain/ and/rain/an/drain, its not about words anymore, its about sounds , its about divine, its repetitive just like the RAIN its GENIUS

but thats just how i see it , of course.

i love him, universal love, the only one that matters, i wish i could chase the dragon with him someday, im sure something constructive would result eventhough it wouldnt be another kind of rain:naughty:

Well, I'm sorry for quoting this "old" post but I want to say I totally agree and that's how I saw it since the first time I heard this song (that I really love) specially about the "repetitive" part on the chorus.

Thanks Pam for such a great explanation!

What is this other new song HMDYLM that people are talking about? I can't believe I missed it. Can someone provide a link?

More about Rain--I am glad that Mika does not seem to care if he makes it big in the US, because I don't think Rain (for one) will bring in many fans. Not that it is not radio-friendly (which it isn't)----cause the new ColdPlay album does not have many radio-friendly songs on it, and it is going like wildfire here in the US.

It is just that Rain sounds to me....like off or something...I can't explain it.

just a feeling that I'm getting, but I don't think it's gonna be a single.