The Most Marvellous Mika Mail

Petra

I will have to leave my country hovel and go to a big town to get things - plus I am very busy at work (and away for a weekend - no MFC :eek:) - how about the middle of September?

yes yes the later the better for me too!:thumb_yello:

and why you have to go to a big town?:blink:

Could I join in with this please, do I have to pm someone?

I'm editing the list right now! Where are you from? And do you have any preferences for a partner? I'm working on a thread starter right now!

I'm editing the list right now! Where are you from? And do you have any preferences for a partner? I'm working on a thread starter right now!

I'm in the UK and would prefer someone who isn't from the UK, doesn't matter where though :)

Someone please explain how this works again - the criteria, the rules, what has worked in the past, what you'd recommend sending, what you wouldn't recommend...I'm considering this. Thanks.

Can someone post the details of this? I've never done it...

Or can you post the link to the thread that has the details?

Please and thank you :biggrin2:

Hmmmm.....I can give you my two cents worth. If you decide you want to join you pm Petra with the details of what type of partner you are looking for. For example: someone from UK or Japan, or anyone outside the US etc etc. You can also specify youngling or oldling.....or you can find your own partner by pming someone you see on the list and asking them. If they agree to be your partner, you let Petra know.

Then, you talk to your partner to get some ideas of what they would like to receive, what they like (or you stalk them on MFC :naughty:). This part can be fun too as you get to know more about your new friend. You usually make mutual agreements on when you will send each other a parcel. Sometimes things get delayed but you are responsible for keeping in touch with your partner and making sure that they know what is up.

Then, you shop. You wrap or pack in a box. You might include a note or a letter, and you mail it off. (and wait to receive yours) :blush-anim-cl:

To me the fun part is doing the shopping for someone else and trying to think of fun, interesting things that your partner would like. Then, of course, one day receiving a box of goods from some foreign port is rather exciting too. I will have to say that I done it several times and I have really enjoyed it and I learned about other places and made some good friends.

Hope this helps, and I am sure others will be able to tell you more!

Hmmmm.....I can give you my two cents worth. If you decide you want to join you pm Petra with the details of what type of partner you are looking for. For example: someone from UK or Japan, or anyone outside the US etc etc. You can also specify youngling or oldling.....or you can find your own partner by pming someone you see on the list and asking them. If they agree to be your partner, you let Petra know.

Then, you talk to your partner to get some ideas of what they would like to receive, what they like (or you stalk them on MFC :naughty:). This part can be fun too as you get to know more about your new friend. You usually make mutual agreements on when you will send each other a parcel. Sometimes things get delayed but you are responsible for keeping in touch with your partner and making sure that they know what is up.

Then, you shop. You wrap or pack in a box. You might include a note or a letter, and you mail it off. (and wait to receive yours) :blush-anim-cl:

To me the fun part is doing the shopping for someone else and trying to think of fun, interesting things that your partner would like. Then, of course, one day receiving a box of goods from some foreign port is rather exciting too. I will have to say that I done it several times and I have really enjoyed it and I learned about other places and made some good friends.

Hope this helps, and I am sure others will be able to tell you more!

Thank you! :flowers2:

On average, how much does it cost? (minus shipping)

I'm not sure how much mine was, as I didn't buy everything at once, but I'd say about 60$ minus shipping.

Bubuciis, have you got mine yet? (I've got a lot of catching up to do, I haven't read the old thread yet) It should be arriving in the next week or so...but I'm not quite sure...

I'm not sure how much mine was, as I didn't buy everything at once, but I'd say about 60$ minus shipping.

Bubuciis, have you got mine yet? (I've got a lot of catching up to do, I haven't read the old thread yet) It should be arriving in the next week or so...but I'm not quite sure...

no i havent got yours englishrose, but im waiting patiently :punk:

i cant wait :mf_lustslow:

has anyone seen or heard from yogabear90?

Ive pmed her about being her new mika mail partner but so far nothing! :shocked:

maybe she's been off for the weekend

:naughty: i started to gather stuff for the mika-mail and already ate half of them...darn i need to get a partner soon :blush-anim-cl:

maybe she's been off for the weekend

:naughty: i started to gather stuff for the mika-mail and already ate half of them...darn i need to get a partner soon :blush-anim-cl:

i saw somewhere ircazo asked you to be her partner, but i think you didn't see her post.

let me find it for you!

EDIT: here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1764067&postcount=3762

:biggrin2:

Yay:naughty:

Laura, both my cat and my baby brother have been "pawing" at the box of stuff that I've collected so far, so if you find either of them in there when we do exchange the stuff, could you please return them?:lol3:

:naughty:

Yes, I don't think my dog would like a kitty in the house, and i most definitely don't need a baby brother lol.

Laura, both my cat and my baby brother have been "pawing" at the box of stuff that I've collected so far, so if you find either of them in there when we do exchange the stuff, could you please return them?:lol3:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:!!!

Petra? Do you want a dog? I could probably fit him in there. :wink2:

*looks at ambrose*

*looks at box*

*looks at ambrose again*

You don't require him to have any limbs do you? :blink: