Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We spend all this time talking about Mika and to each other on MFC as if we know him so it's only natural we would do it on his blog as well. He is often an imaginary character in our silliness (kind and fine wizardry and similar nonsense) and the blog is a chance to include him directly. If he's not reading the comments it could be just as much of an illusion as MFC, but it makes more sense to address him directly on his blog than fantasize he just happens to be reading any given thread on MFC.

On MFC I often ask rhetorical questions about Mika that no one can answer really because they are not Mika. Now I ask him the same questions even though I know he'll never answer. It's the same game with many of the same spectators, it's just a different medium.

We spend all this time talking about Mika and to each other on MFC as if we know him so it's only natural we would do it on his blog as well. He is often an imaginary character in our silliness (kind and fine wizardry and similar nonsense) and the blog is a chance to include him directly. If he's not reading the comments it could be just as much of an illusion as MFC, but it makes more sense to address him directly on his blog than fantasize he just happens to be reading any given thread on MFC.

On MFC I often ask rhetorical questions about Mika that no one can answer really because they are not Mika. Now I ask him the same questions even though I know he'll never answer. It's the same game with many of the same spectators, it's just a different medium.

Da Kind & Fine Medium :wub2:

I love it when a thread goes all philosophical! Ooooh. Examining our motives. That's a toughie.

I've only commented on about half a dozen all up anyway, and I've just stopped atm. And there's this weird part of me that feels ungrateful, like I really should post something in response to him bothering to blog (like writing thankyou letters for gifts), but then I snap out of it and look at the number of comments that are there and figure "He's never going to miss mine." Particularly when so much of the time I don't really have anything of substance to say.

As for why I post a comment... I don't have the same personal experience with Mika that a lot of you have, but I still have some of the same narcissism and self-centeredness going on. It would be nice to think that I said something that made him think or maybe remember my username, and yet I have to face the reality that that is practically impossible. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I don't comment so much. He doesn't know me, care two figs about me and my comments lose so much out of the context of my brain and without even the kind of relationships that I have with people on here. I've gotten the impression that a lot of us were actually commenting more for the benefit of fellow MFC'ers than for Mika. That tickles me pink!

*I am guessing* that we all have the same narcissistic and self centered reason for him reading our comments: the wish for him to recognise us and "know" us a little in that sea of faces and names that he sees at every gig, etc...

It seems strange that we know so much about him and he doesn't know about us, so I guess that this is some weird subconscious way of showing him a bit of us. Not that he probably really cares, or wants to know, but I suppose that it's just human nature.

A bit like when you're interested in someone who you have noticed in a group of people, and you want them to see how interesting you are, so that they will also like you :roftl:.

I agree with a lot of what you said, and like the way you put it. I particularly get the part I bolded above.

Does anybody else have conversations with Mika in their heads?:naughty: No, but seriously, there is a false sense of familiarity with Mika that this place unwittingly perpetuates, complicated by those of you who actually are reasonably familiar with Mika, and it feels perfectly normal to talk to him on his blog like I know him. I wonder (if he reads any of them), if Mika is ever taken aback by the way people speak to him on the blogs?

I like how this has become a quite interesting discussion thread.

--Jack

One of the few interesting things going on atm... Unless there's some secret action going on somewhere that I've missed. (Point me in the right direction if there is something good going on somewhere else)

its a good medium because we know the questions are going to be in his view most likely! I love it!

Yes,yes! Of course it is

It's a game and I have to learn how to play it!:thumb_yello:

This was some kind of light bulb moment for me.:blush-anim-cl:

I love playing games, wouldn't be here if I didn't and as a lot of you know I'm definitely feeling most at home in that kind of threads.

I suspect my perspective on this blogging maybe have been just a little too serious!

Dr Suess and the Man from the library, I love you!:wub2:

Does anybody else have conversations with Mika in their heads?:naughty:

Yes but it's probably very unlike other people's imaginary conversations. I want to have a serious chat with Mika about some website and related things. Nothing fangurly.

I wonder (if he reads any of them), if Mika is ever taken aback by the way people speak to him on the blogs?

People have been speaking to him in letters and on MySpace for two years so it probably doesn't phase him any more. And Mika is not that different from us really. He uses the internet all the time and I wouldn't be surprised if he's been on the other end of a similar dynamic before. Anyone who writes blogs or online journals is going to get feedback from strangers who feel as if they know them. It's not restricted to just famous people in the traditional sense.

Yes,yes! Of course it is

It's a game and I have to learn how to play it!:thumb_yello:

Well Pam wrote a comment that was supposedly from the man that smelled of peanuts that Mika saw in the library. That's exactly the kind of thing someone would do on MFC.

Bab has often said that Mika probably doesn't think we are anywhere near as clever and funny as we do because he's not involved in the jokes. Even if you tell him about it later it's not going to have the same impact. It's almost always a case of "you had to be there".

But if he read Pam's comment I would expect he found it as amusing as any of us did because it was a direct response to something he said.

For me, I just ask him the same pointless questions I ask on MFC. Instead of coming here and wondering if he would let us play with the mascot dog in the queue, I just asked him directly.

Mika is not reading your minds, but I think he and his mafia are concerned about what the MFC thinks and that's the reason why sooner or later he makes something that is, for me, a little feedback, like saying: 'Guys, I'm here, I noticed about you' :biggrin2:

I think it's great he's noticed you guys and I really hope he gets to visit you soon... If he does, I'll be just as excited as you will be!

I'm just disappointed that he hasn't noticed the Aussies, New Zealanders and Asians... :tears:

I think it's great he's noticed you guys and I really hope he gets to visit you soon... If he does, I'll be just as excited as you will be!

I'm just disappointed that he hasn't noticed the Aussies, New Zealanders and Asians... :tears:

Seeing all the things you've done, I can't believe he doesn't know how much important is in Australia, New Zealand and some asiatic countries. In fact, there's much more fans in Australia than in Venezuela (that he mentioned)...

Just let's gave him some time. Maybe he wants to go and his schedule/management/tour organization doesn't allow him to do that. I don't think he's ignoring you for some reason...except if he were afraid of kangaroos and doesn't want to tell us :naughty:. Maybe next time he does a meet and greet or happens to sign autographs after a show, somebody can ask him what does he think about going to Australia, just to remind him :wink2:

Seeing all the things you've done, I can't believe he doesn't know how much important is in Australia, New Zealand and some asiatic countries. In fact, there's much more fans in Australia than in Venezuela (that he mentioned)...

Just let's gave him some time. Maybe he wants to go and his schedule/management/tour organization doesn't allow him to do that. I don't think he's ignoring you for some reason...except if he were afraid of kangaroos and doesn't want to tell us :naughty:. Maybe next time he does a meet and greet or happens to sign autographs after a show, somebody can ask him what does he think about going to Australia, just to remind him :wink2:

Maybe he's afreaid of drop bears! :naughty:... I should just send him a great big jar of vegemite and tell him to cover himself in it (like he did with the mud in that video at the Dead Sea)...

It's sort of strange that he was nominated for an award in Australia that fans could vote on and he didn't try and get anyone to vote on it, but for other awards (like the Brits) he posted a bulletin about it on his MySpace.. it seems a bit strange to me...

I really don't understand why he hasn't mentioned it... and really, the amount of times the Aussies have complained about it on here, you would think he would have said something in a blog or something...

We are putting a book together, with a petition in it... we're trying to show him how great we are and that he should visit... you should sign it and we can help you out if you want to get him to come to Venezuela (whenever I see Venezuela, I think of how Hanson lived there when they were young because of their father's job... but that's irrelevant!)

If people would mention that we would like a tour (or at the very least, get him to say that he knows we exist!) that would be great... we've had a few people ask him about Australia (Mellody asked John and Luke too) and not much has been said..

Artsy mentioned Australia and conveniently a bottle got dropped (or something similar) causing a distraction and allowing Mika to avoid answering the question.. The one thing could make me no longer be a fan is this continuous lack of acknowledgment that there are fans in countries that haven't been toured 555 times and are just asking, pleading, and needing for some inkling that there will be one ****en tour sometime soon.

To answer Sienna's question about commenting on the blogs/vlogs. I've barely commented any of them. When we first found out how to comment (thanks to Christine :bow: ) I think I commented 5 blogs/vlogs in a row (before that I commented on Youtube). But after that I just didn't see the point of being lost in all those other comments and just prefer to discuss my opinion on here or msn with my friends instead. But I will comment if I am reminded of something by his blog/vlog and feel it could interest him, but I don't even expect that he'll read it.

Maybe he's afreaid of drop bears! :naughty:... I should just send him a great big jar of vegemite and tell him to cover himself in it (like he did with the mud in that video at the Dead Sea)...

It's sort of strange that he was nominated for an award in Australia that fans could vote on and he didn't try and get anyone to vote on it, but for other awards (like the Brits) he posted a bulletin about it on his MySpace.. it seems a bit strange to me...

I really don't understand why he hasn't mentioned it... and really, the amount of times the Aussies have complained about it on here, you would think he would have said something in a blog or something...

We are putting a book together, with a petition in it... we're trying to show him how great we are and that he should visit... you should sign it and we can help you out if you want to get him to come to Venezuela (whenever I see Venezuela, I think of how Hanson lived there when they were young because of their father's job... but that's irrelevant!)

If people would mention that we would like a tour (or at the very least, get him to say that he knows we exist!) that would be great... we've had a few people ask him about Australia (Mellody asked John and Luke too) and not much has been said..

I'm actually a little bit over needing to let him know how great we are and have him come. I mean, obviously I want him to come to Australia, but I've got a bunch of other more important things happening in my life at the moment and I really couldn't give a stuff if he comes this year, next year or not till the year after. I've even started spending the birthday money that I was putting aside for the gig. I'm not sad about it, I'm just trying to re-assess my priorities. Mika and the MFC has been far too high on the list. So I'm still popping by, but not sitting here for hours like I was.

Guest EMILIE CELINE
...I really kind of want him to go away.

Well. Actually I've been listening to his music more lately. I haven't played LiCM in a while, and a few days ago I took it out of my CD pile and put it back in my car player, so I've been listening to it every day (I commute). It's good, and I like being able to listen to it again with fresh ears and find that I still love it. So, I'm not saying I'm tired of his music or anything.

But this blog thing, I just want him to shut up. Not entirely, but I find myself cringing when I see new posts on the blog thread, thinking, "oh geez, did he post another one already? I hope not." I go to Mikasounds, wait for it to load... and am filled with relief when I see that there's no new blog.

I like to have a little space! I want to discuss Mika-related stuff without his constant meddling and interruption. I can't handle having to keep up with his minutiae every day. I think a blog a week would be good, let us breathe a little!!

Also, I think he could benefit by being a little more selective about what he posts. He could at least try to be a little entertaining, to consider whether what he's writing will actually interest his audience. The videoblogs tend to accomplish this more than the text ones. I like the text ones a lot when they're done well, but not when it seems like they're there for the sake of filling up space, or because he had some random thought flitting through his mind for a second and happened to be near a laptop. For Pete's sake, Mika, I don't care that you got a comic book or a new toy unless you tell me something interesting enough about it to make me care.

Anyone with me? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

...I thought not. :naughty:

--Jack

Anyone ? Anyone ? Frye ? Frye ? Peterson ? Peterson ?

Sorry, not with you. I am not annoyed by the random thought messages.

So, Mika is not an intellectual, not a philosopher ? He is a bit of an egotist ?

Nobody is getting the Pulitzer for that scoop...

After all don't we like him for what he actually is i.e. a wickedly talented artist and a flawed human being ?

I am with you in much preferring the videos though.

I think that the "Ice cream" one gives a clue to Mika's avowed problem in communicating with waiters ; he might consider treating them like human beings, not serving machines. A respectful, not to say friendly approach should do the trick.

Can't he remember what it felt like when he was a waiter ?

Talking about flaws, I don't like his new, much shorter haircut which makes him look older, tired and slightly queenish. He was so much cuter with a wet poodle hairstyle. Has anyone started a thread about it yet ? If not, I think I am going to...

So, Mika is not an intellectual, not a philosopher ? He is a bit of an egotist ?

After all don't we like him for what he actually is i.e. a wickedly talented artist and a flawed human being ?

I think that the "Ice cream" one gives a clue to Mika's avowed problem in communicating with waiters ; he might consider treating them like human beings, not serving machines. A respectful, not to say friendly approach should do the trick.

Talking about flaws, I don't like his new, much shorter haircut which makes him look older, tired and slightly queenish. He was so much cuter with a wet poodle hairstyle. Has anyone started a thread about it yet ? If not, I think I am going to...

New haircut? What new haircut? Have we had a new blog or something? Or are you saying you prefer his hairstyle from 18 months ago?

Artsy mentioned Australia and conveniently a bottle got dropped (or something similar) causing a distraction and allowing Mika to avoid answering the question.. The one thing could make me no longer be a fan is this continuous lack of acknowledgment that there are fans in countries that haven't been toured 555 times and are just asking, pleading, and needing for some inkling that there will be one ****en tour sometime soon.

THe more I think about it, the more I think he was glad to answer it. I get the impression that we're just not as important as everyone else.

Yeah well, the way he's going he won't have any fans left.

I seriously hope he reads this, because he's going the way of Hanson in this country...

Grrrrrrr... he's really f**king pissing me off right now!

I'm actually a little bit over needing to let him know how great we are and have him come. I mean, obviously I want him to come to Australia, but I've got a bunch of other more important things happening in my life at the moment and I really couldn't give a stuff if he comes this year, next year or not till the year after. I've even started spending the birthday money that I was putting aside for the gig. I'm not sad about it, I'm just trying to re-assess my priorities. Mika and the MFC has been far too high on the list. So I'm still popping by, but not sitting here for hours like I was.

Well seeing as we're so unimportant, we probably shouldn't bother... but I figure if we do make an effort to get his attention and he still doesn't bother touring, then we have a reason to slag him off whenever we can... I don't really come on here to talk about Mika anyway...

Haha, you're just as strange as I was when I was a newbie posting :naughty:

And as far as I know, he's not had a haircut recently, at least not a change of look...well, I don't remember much but i think there was a thread about that

Haha, you're just as strange as I was when I was a newbie posting :naughty:

And as far as I know, he's not had a haircut recently, at least not a change of look...well, I don't remember much but i think there was a thread about that

Oh really I haven't seen any newbie in this thread :naughty:

*waves @ Emilie Celine*

Long time not see!