I think it's safe to say that I'd never pay for a meet and greet....:blink: I'd feel like I was getting a prostitute, if you know what I mean?

Also, if I was an artist (even though I know that they need to make cash and that their time is money) I would personally find that it felt "wrong" to meet fans on that basis. Again, the word prostitution or selling oneself comes to mind.

Now please:blush-anim-cl:, I'm not trying to say that Gaga is a prostitute, or that she is prostituting herself with this. I know that this is a widely spread practice in the music industry. I'm just using the prostitution analogy as it's the first thing that came to my mind, and it's strong and vivid enough to expresses how I feel about the matter :aah::naughty:

Oh DOH, I just read that this is also for the front row seats, etc... Ok well, if it comes in a package it's different. I would pay that easily for this whole thing, if it guaranteed me a front row spot without having to endure the queuing hell.

But my statement about the paid for meetings (if that is only what one pays for) still stands.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh DOH, I just read that this is also for the front row seats, etc... Ok well, if it comes in a package it's different. I would pay that easily for this whole thing, if it guaranteed me a front row spot without having to endure the queuing hell.

But my statement about the paid for meetings (if that is only what one pays for) still stands.

Yeah, I agree -- it would be a bit weird to pay JUST for a meet and greet,

but since this is basically a VIP package, I just might go for it. Especially

if it was for a show in my hometown, where I didn't have to travel and pay

the associated costs for transportation and hotel.

However, I should add I would ONLY do that for Mika -- I like Lady Gaga,

but I wouldn't go that far for her. :wink2:

Well, taking the recent NYC show into consideration -- it was $100 r/t

for my train ticket. One night hotel in NYC about $200. Ticket for the show

nearly $50 after all the fees. Transpo to the venue from the hotel $35.

Taxi to/fro the train station about $40. Parking at train station back home

$25.

You do the math. :wink2:

All that for about 30 seconds with Mika after the show. Maybe. And no photo.

And I won't even start on what the cost to London in June was.

Suddenly that $325 for a guaranteed seat, guaranteed meet & greet w/

photo op, pre-show hospitality, a CD and other assorted goodies...

doesn't seem that expensive to me. :naughty:

haha, that's insane as well:naughty:

Note : If you look at it, it has a little bit started with MIKA offering a M&G with a certain amount of magic numbers !

It is, not direct money, but you still have to buy stuff to get it...

I hope MIKA will remain as generous as he normally is with his fans in the future...

Note : If you look at it, it has a little bit started with MIKA offering a M&G with a certain amount of magic numbers !

I hope MIKA will remain as generous as he normally is with his fans in the future...

I'm sure he will, :thumb_yello:

Yes, I found him very kind to go outside of the Cirque d'hiver in Paris and signed stuff for people queuing in line for him :wub2:

But he's getting famous and famous, the crowd will grow up and grow up, probably he will have to stop doing that ?

Of course he will. There's no doubt about it. Mika's never been obsessed with money :D

Oh DOH, I just read that this is also for the front row seats, etc...

Oops. Yes, I should have clarified that.

I would also pay more for being in front. I would also pay more for being in FRONT of the queue for a General Admission gig. But sometimes we do that anyway with TIME. 'Coz time = money. And of course, flying = money.

I suppose we can all wish there was a fairer system really, but if we take PURE COINCIDENTAL LUCK (preserverance and patience) out of the equation, it really always comes down to money. :boxed:

Well, taking the recent NYC show into consideration -- it was $100 r/t

for my train ticket. One night hotel in NYC about $200. Ticket for the show

nearly $50 after all the fees. Transpo to the venue from the hotel $35.

Taxi to/fro the train station about $40. Parking at train station back home

$25.

You do the math. :wink2:

All that for about 30 seconds with Mika after the show. Maybe. And no photo.

And I won't even start on what the cost to London in June was.

Suddenly that $325 for a guaranteed seat, guaranteed meet & greet w/

photo op, pre-show hospitality, a CD and other assorted goodies...

doesn't seem that expensive to me. :naughty:

*must have missed this post earlier*

Hmm...yep. You are right to a large degree. I guess the difference is, Mika doesn't really pocket any of our expenses that directly.

Lady Gaga is playing the MEN Arena in Manchester, the day before Mika's Manchester gig at The Appollo.

Presale tickets go on sale on Ticketmaster, at 9am, tomorrow (29th) Rest of general public buy on 30th.

My husband Alan is a Gaga fan, and I also like her music, we're going to order tickets for her concert tomorrow in the pre-sale.

I'm actually wondering if Mika will go to her show, since it's the day before his! And if she will go to his concert as it's the day after hers!

Much excitement in Manchester in Feb!!!

GaGa fan here!!! :bye:

Alan and I are going to the MEN arena. We've booked our tickets! If any other Mika/Gaga fans from this forum are going, maybe we could all meet up?

Edit: Lady Gaga is up for about 5 EMA awards, including BEST FEMALE, BEST SONG, BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE!

And our Mika is up for BEST MALE!!

We've only got till monday to get them the gongs! Please vote, see my siggy.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

oh err after trying for ages as no access to ticketmaster website i got a ticket for 27th Feb at O2 :roftl: i'm in block 111 so about 1/2 way i guess. Then 28th and 1st March am seeing Mika i'm going to be busy :thumb_yello:

Looking forward to this havent even got her album but she looks like she can put on a good performance. :naughty:

I saw today (I receive emails from SeeTickets and Ticketmaster) that Lady Gaga is touring next year and really, really want to see her live too. The ideal gig for me would be one in London but her dates in London are the Friday or Saturday before Mika's gig in Hammersmith which I'm going to on the Sunday evening.

I'm not sure I'm up to 2 late nights so close to each other (I'm getting old!) - also, I don't know whether to save the money I'd spend on a ticket seeing LG in case I can see Mika again as I'd prefer to do that (obviously!!)! (But no guarantee that Mika will do another gig later in the year which I'd be able to get to anyway, so then I'd have missed out on seeing LG :aah:).

Decisions, decisions....

I saw today (I receive emails from SeeTickets and Ticketmaster) that Lady Gaga is touring next year and really, really want to see her live too. The ideal gig for me would be one in London but her dates in London are the Friday or Saturday before Mika's gig in Hammersmith which I'm going to on the Sunday evening.

I'm not sure I'm up to 2 late nights so close to each other (I'm getting old!) - also, I don't know whether to save the money I'd spend on a ticket seeing LG in case I can see Mika again as I'd prefer to do that (obviously!!)! (But no guarantee that Mika will do another gig later in the year which I'd be able to get to anyway, so then I'd have missed out on seeing LG :aah:).

Decisions, decisions....

I say go:thumb_yello: