should Mika make a Christmas single?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. should Mika make a Christmas single?

• Hell yeah I'd buy it
    • No way there's far too many naff Christmas songs about
    • not bothered I don't celebrate Christmas anyway
    • no way Christmas songs are way too tacky

Ha ha made you look :bleh: but do you think he should make a :newyear: Christmas :newyear: song, maybe it's too late for this year but there is always NEXT year lol and we really DO need some new ones I like the old ones but I bet Mika could write an awesome Christmas hit.

Edited by sparkly1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he say when he was doing Live Lounge with Jo Whiley he'd never do a Christmas Single or something? Or did I dream it? It'd be good if he went against his word though (that is if he did say it) :biggrin2:

Didn't he say when he was doing Live Lounge with Jo Whiley he'd never do a Christmas Single or something? Or did I dream it? It'd be good if he went against his word though (that is if he did say it) :biggrin2:

I dunno I'm an olding :old: so my memory is poo lol but if he did then he often says things just for the hell of it cos he is a naughty boi lol.

i'm a little confused....

the question is : should he make one?

my answer to that is NO - he shouldn't make one.

but if he did, i would still buy it, even if i think xmas songs are to tacky & that there is sooooo many out there already. but it's mika :wub2:

but i really want him to concentrate on his REAL album

I think if he does he could call it

"Let's all have CHICKEN this Christmas"

Woke up this Christmas morn

didn't want presents like before

could smell and taste my hearts desire

chicken with you by an open fire.

(please feel free to add you own ideas for the lyrics) :naughty::bleh:

I would love for Mika to record a Christmas song! I love Christmas music. The best part about Halloween being over, and getting into November, is being able to listen to Christmas music.

I'm sure he could write an original Christmas tune, but I think I'd rather hear him cover a classic. Like Oh Holy Night or Oh Come All Ye Faithful. :wub2:

:lmfao: Mad. I love this place... *Gets emotional* :tears:

Omg:lmao:

I would love for Mika to record a Christmas song! I love Christmas music. The best part about Halloween being over, and getting into November, is being able to listen to Christmas music.

I'm sure he could write an original Christmas tune, but I think I'd rather hear him cover a classic. Like Oh Holy Night or Oh Come All Ye Faithful. :wub2:

Or Last Christmas:fisch:

I think I'd rather hear him cover a classic. Like Oh Holy Night :wub2:

I'd love to hear Meeks singing O Holy Night :wub2:

I guess he could do something like one of Cliff Richard's cheesy ones...

(Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Sir Cliff in this pic?...sorry) :naughty:

Mikacliff.jpg

i'm a little confused....

the question is : should he make one?

my answer to that is NO - he shouldn't make one.

but if he did, i would still buy it, even if i think xmas songs are to tacky & that there is sooooo many out there already. but it's mika :wub2:

but i really want him to concentrate on his REAL album

No, Mika should steer clear of Christmas singles! These days are not like the old days, when the likes of Cliff Richard or David Essex gave us great songs for the festive season. The music at Christmas has been ruined now, because we know that whatever Mika, or any other credible act, write and sing for Christmas, it's going to be eclipsed by some cheesy cover of some old song, sung by whoever wins the stupid X Factor!!

Leave it until the new year, and then, as Grace Kelly did, he has a chance at number one.

Do you a song ABOUT Christmas, or just a song to be released at Christmas?

A song about Christmas - HELL NO. FAR TOO CHEESY.

A song to be released at Christmas - he could do, I don't mind, but it will never get to No.1 because the X-Factor winner always gets No.1.

I mean, I know it's never about getting No.1, but he won't get as much coverage or promotion as he maybe would do if it was released at a different time of year.

:poke: Don't distract him with Christmas singles, he's got an album to sort out.

And it's very rare for anything good to do well in the charts at Christmas - it's mostly dire novelty hits or X-factor winners.

:poke: Don't distract him with Christmas singles, he's got an album to sort out.

And it's very rare for anything good to do well in the charts at Christmas - it's mostly dire novelty hits or X-factor winners.

Yeah geez, why is that? Luckely we don't have that around here:naughty:

I'd love to hear Meeks singing O Holy Night :wub2:

I guess he could do something like one of Cliff Richard's cheesy ones...

(Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Sir Cliff in this pic?...sorry) :naughty:

Mikacliff.jpg

You know there are a few pics where he looks like Sir Cliff, I've thought, and in some others his eyes look like Terri Hatchers!

Bizarre!!!

I like the Chicken song, if he did release it, the reaction would be interesting, since for us it would mean one thing and everyone else anotner, so we'd be sniggering and getting strange looks from everyone else, ha ha!

He did say on Jo's show he would not do a Christmas single, and I think this time he meant what he said. Just like not doing Eurovision.

Aww it's such a shame things have changed from when I was a lass :wheelchair: we used to look forward to new Christmas songs, but.... times have changed I guess and I was just wanting a special Christmasy greeting from M and of course maybe even a funny chickeny one would be fun. :naughty: