Mika Performs as U2 Honors Grainge At MITs

dcdeb

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I is just tellin it like it is :bleh:

Welcome to the all-new, non-obsessed Gata.

Yeah maybe not Mika obsessed but I could mention another HUGE obsession of yours....Don't tempt me:naughty:

I still love his hair receding or not....I didn't mean receding...I meant just loveliness:wub2:

Yeah maybe not Mika obsessed but I could mention another HUGE obsession of yours....Don't tempt me:naughty:

I still love his hair receding or not....I didn't mean receding...I meant just loveliness:wub2:

I don't get obsessed, what you on about...slander!!!!!!!!

And who has been editing the tags??? Shocking!

Awww! Thanks for posting articles and pics! :flowers2:

What a sight for my sore eyes; he's alive. :thumb_yello: I'm so rotten at this point already that I'd be just as delighted to see him popping up somewhere with all his hair shaved off or dyed platinum blond :wub2:

Mika... :wub2:

But did Mika know that? :das:

I'm pretty sure he did, heh heh.

Very naaiiiice. :wub2:

Okay the on stage do needs some work, but there's no denying he looks damn pretty when he models without the curls. He looks great in the blue jacket shots with a bit o' fluff on top. It's the only time I think he looks better clean shaven.

Thanks for the pics Avoca. I think the EMAs are on Thurs?

oh, I thought they were today.. :blink: you are actually right, it says 6th (just googled it) :blush-anim-cl:

ROTFL I even commented him to have a great time at ema tonite: he must think I am mad... :roftl::roftl: or better, confirm I am mad :insane:

Oh my God! My doll doesn't actually have curls at the moment, so it could be true! Woohoo, Mika looks like my doll - not the other way around!

get ready to restyle mini mika's hair: sleak aaaaaalllll the way :mf_rosetinted:

I woke up this morning with the new pic with the fluffy hair on the homepage and I was like :mf_lustslow: but then I saw the others while performing and even tho Mika looks good, the hair doesn't :thumbdown:

Thanks for posting the articles and the pics!

:shocked:

He may be Ken-like in the hair department but looking again at that pic, he doesn't seem Ken-like in another department!

Curse my eyes!:naughty:

What department???? What do you mean???:mf_rosetinted:

I always thought Ken was sexy anyway:wub2:

I'm glad to see he still wore his Chucks!!!:naughty:

4nov13.jpg

This is my favourite one by far....

4nov11.jpg

4nov10.jpg

Have to agree with you there...looks fantastic! :wub2:

Wish he had left his hair alone as my fav is the blue jacket one.

I need to see one when he went in ....when he was "Mary Poppins".....Practically Perfect in Every Way :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

xx

OMFG!!! :jawdrop: The curls are gone! :rip_1:

I don't like this straight hair, it's not the real Mika :crybaby: I WANT MY MIKA BACK :protest:

OK, now, Mika has everything wrong this time : white Converse of course and jacket sleeves and trousers are too short again :thumbdown:

Mika, next time, ask me : I'm a look consultant :mf_rosetinted: I REALLY can help you :winner_third_h4h:

Edited by Axie Dentelle

Haven't we had the discussion about the short sleeves before?..... and come to the conclusion it is so he can play the piano in comfort.

Maybe I dreamt it....as if I have MIKA! in my dreams :roftl:

I do prefer shoes with trousers not jeans as they make them look longer but dunno he can work it! :thumb_yello:

xx

I answered that already!!!:naughty:

Daisy..Get with it!!! (too):roftl:

I have 3 pairs of Chucks......:thumb_yello:

Hey I am with it girlfriend! I was getting a link for "those who don't understand the term Chucks!!!!!" so you posted before me that's all! :roftl:.....whatelse would Chucks mean...then again with you guys it would be turned round somehow to mean something Dirrrrttty! lololol

xx

More . . .

THE MUSIC INDUSTRY TRUST AWARDS

Itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny dresses were the order of the day as Girls Aloud added some va-va-voom to the Music Industry Awards last night.

The bandmates, minus LA-based Nadine Coyle, all looked ultra-glamorous, with Nicola Roberts sticking to her fake tan ban and glowing in a peach mini with a Chanel belt.

Sarah Harding opted for a daringly short, violet number, while Cheryl Cole wowed in a grey shift dress with an eye-catching red waist belt. Kimberly Walsh, meanwhile, was the only Girl Aloud to choose a knee-length number, and looked pretty in her draped LBD with leopard-print heels.

Cheryl Cole's fellow X Factor judges Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell also rocked up to the bash, and Simon was in high spirits despite a recent split with girlfriend Terri Seymours – who is now rumoured to be dating Stephen Dorff.

Cowell joked: 'No one wants me,' before saying he and his ex would remain friends. 'Everything is fine between me and Terri.'

Other celebrities who attended the bash, which raised £350,000 for charity, included Sugababes, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, and 60th birthday girl, Lulu, who were all treated to performances by Take That, Razorlight, Snow Patrol and Mika.

Meanwhile, guests of honour U2 presented an award to Universal Records boss Lucian Grainge for services to music.

Tuesday 4 November 2008

------------------------

Entertainment - Magazine -

Mr Grainge has helped make Universal a successful record company

Pop stars including U2 and Take That have given their boss - music executive Lucian Grainge - a taste of rock glory by honouring him with a top award.

Mr Grainge, head of Universal Music Group International, was praised by his artists as he collected the Music Industry Trust Award in London.

U2 presented the accolade, while Take That, Mika, Razorlight, Jamie Cullum ad Sugababes performed in his honour.

U2’s lead singer Bono described Mr Grainge as a “great” label boss.

“He’s great because he’s ready to take on the world for British music, and Irish music for that matter,” Bono said.

‘Tender soul’

“He’s a tough guy when it comes to deals but he’s a very tender soul to deal with if you’re U2.”

Mr Grainge let the band “be ourselves”, and would “never try to interfere with us, never try to step on our toes”, Bono added..

"I’m pleased that tonight I can be the front for the industry and our company and our artists as well . . "

Lucian Grainge

Mr Grainge, whose roster also includes Amy Winehouse, Duffy and Sir Elton John, has helped make Universal the UK’s most successful record company.

“It’s inevitably very flattering and I’m pleased that tonight I can be the front for the industry and our company and our artists as well,” he said.

Abba’s Benny Andersoon and Bjorn Ulvaeus, Girls Aloud and Snow Patrol were also at the ceremony, while Mariah Carey, Lionel Richie and The Pussycat Dolls sent video messages.

As well as honouring Mr Grainge, the night raised more than £568,000 money for two charities, the Brit performing arts school and Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy.

Part of that came from an auction, which saw some of the biggest names entering into bidding wars.

Girls Aloud attended the ceremony

Abba’s Benny and Bjorn took on Snow Patrol in a battle to buy a signed lithograph of the cover of U2’s Boy album.

The Swedish pop stars came out on top, forking out £40,000 for the poster.

Bono paid £21,000 for a box at Arsenal Football Club’s Emirates Stadium, while bandmate The Edge stumped up £15,000 for singer Jarvis Cocker’s puppet from TV satire Spitting Image.

A Gretsch guitar made for and signed by Bono was sold for £150,000 to businessman Sir Philip Green, who also paid £6,000 for the chance to meet Lionel Richie and have a private rendition of his hit Hello.

The Music Industry Trust Award went to Kylie Minogue last year, and previous recipients have included Beatles producer Sir George Martin, promoter Harvey Goldsmith and Sir Elton John.

Edited by A. Clay