Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to take off the "thumb_yello" in the end of the address Aurelien posted. :wink2: (sorry, forgot to say when I replied him :doh:)

Yes, thanks, I figured that out :roftl: and I get to the page, but the video is not playing. Probably some problem with my flash or browser.

I need to get back to work now :thumbdown: so will try again later :wink2:

aw too cute! :wub2::wub2: Léo was in fire! :punk::wub2:

Oh thank you Aurélien!!!! sooooooooo cute!!!

This convinced me to take my daughter with me next time, she's approximately the same age and keeps asking me to take her, she must have seen the DVD 10 times.... (which drives her dad crazy :roftl:)

I am terribly sorry but you're wrong. Introduire means to introduce and doesnt have the nuance that you say. I've checked the TLF and the Larousse and another dictionary and they all say the same. But maybe they're wrong too? :naughty: Introduire is just more formal than "présenter", and a bit "désuet", but it's 100% correct.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you mention unidiomatic use of phrases in this context.

BTW I can also assure you that most words that english and french have in common have the same semantic origin (especially when you remember the british upper classes spoke French for a long time), but languages do evolve rapidly so of course some meanings now differ. Same thing is true for the french language: the same word used by Moliere or by a 21st century author doesn't necessarily mean the same thing. But of course that's another debate.

I am terribly not sorry but YOU ARE...lets face it : WRONG

(if thats the way you chose to see things in terms or being right or being wrong)

First of all, the all part with the evolution of words is exactly what identicaltwin said, maybe you should read what people have to say first before you write long out of debate paragraphs saying things that everybody knows about in order to prove someone wrong, thats absolutely NOT what she was talking about or again what she said, she even agrees with you on that.

I just went to the french thread to look for someone i used to know and thats how i finished here to read this thread and i think its absolutely unfair to mention people (in this case sariflor and identicaltwin) in threads they are not supposed to go into, where the used language is not the one they are supposed to understand...but im not here for that... thats your all business and just a statement.

so..."introduire" is a very specific case, its a partial false friend and if you want to use it as présenter then you need to add "auprès de" (and it seems you personally didnt know it before you checked it ...which means that it is not used a lot by the masses) or it doesnt have the same meaning, so mika use it the WRONG WAY like when he uses chambre for pièce , thats all, nothing more... now if you ask me if it means he doesnt speak a proper french , well, i personally thing he says it by coquetterie, which is the case of NUMEROUS bilingual people, god knows it...though these days its not so cute or trendy anymore, but mika as we know it is alway a little bit late about that (cf. the mentos blog)

there is a good and clear example on a forum discussion about this false friend, not for you nicki27, but for anyone who would like to learn the difference:

you CAN say "introduire un conférencier" (that works in this case) but you can also say "présenter un conférencier"

"Madame, permettez-moi de vous introduire M. Jones" litterally means "Madam, let me introduce Mr Jones into you". Sounds a bit obscene ;-)

At an embassy party, you'd rather say "Madame, permettez-moi de vous présenter M. Jones"

voilà...

now i recommend - for anyone interested in language: "Element pour une macro-syntaxe" by alain berrendonner in a scarano (éd.)

and all i know is that mika is bilingual, why we make mistakes though we are bilingual is a part of the discursive memory and enonciation (pluri operator , pluri codic)

now for the french version of GK i personnally think that the lyrics are VERY good for several reasons (except the end), thing is that the translation from the gk french lyrics into english sounds lame but thats why its the french lyrics and not the english ones. i was really amazed that someone succeed in writing it so cleverly and beautifully.

it always makes me smile a little when people who insist on orthography, grammar and tenses make HUGE faults themselves, when they write in their own language,lol, othography (especially the french one ) will always be for me something ridiculous based on non less ridiculous rules made by and for some ridiculous (not so) clever donkeys...

Pam, welcome back :D

Btw this discussion was closed and everyone has moved on by now. I suggest you do the same?

And on that note I'd like to talk about my favourite part of the documentary. Mikas Tesco bag!

The last thing I was expecting when he walked into the stadium, was for him to be carrying a bag from Tescos.

But there it is in all it's glory!

But what's in it?

If only we knew.:naughty:

And also were the grounds staff chewing on their fists, as he dragged his scooter across the pitch?

Most groundsmen are as OCD as he is, about the quality of their pitches, so to see someone dragging something like that across their beloved grounds, must have had them climbing the walls!!!:roftl:

Pam, welcome back :D

Btw this discussion was closed and everyone has moved on by now. I suggest you do the same?

I read it today... am i not allowed to comment something that was still discussed 2 days ago?? especially when there is a big mistake in what has been said?

its no closed at all , its brand new and open unless you declare it officially closed or unless you dont want me to comment it.

EDIT: okay you edit your post to provoke me by referring to personal stuff (which btw you dont even get yourself thats the funny part)that not a lot of people can understand, again it only proves how mean and ignorant you are, go and check your faults

Edited by Pam Travers

And on that note I'd like to talk about my favourite part of the documentary. Mikas Tesco bag!

The last thing I was expecting when he walked into the stadium, was for him to be carrying a bag from Tescos.

But there it is in all it's glory!

But what's in it?

If only we knew.:naughty:

And also were the grounds staff chewing on their fists, as he dragged his scooter across the pitch?

Most groundsmen are as OCD as he is, about the quality of their pitches, so to see someone dragging something like that across their beloved grounds, must have had them climbing the walls!!!:roftl:

Mouhahaha know you mention it yes I think a few Paris St Germain supporters and workers shed a few tears seeing that :naughty:

BTW I'm not sure everyone has heard the story we've been told by the security of the PDP so I think it's the right time to repeat it... even if it won't solve the tesco bag mystery :naughty:

Security guy speaking : "Who's the blondie who follows Mika everywhere with his videocamera ? Geee, I could swear the man even filmed the toilets! And you should have seen the scene when I first got here for the preparations. I met this weird looking guy on the way, riding around the stadium like mad on a kick scooter with a tiny red backbag. And this poor camguy was running after him with his camera on his shoulder... the poor lad. I only realized who they were when I later was introduced to Mika..."

I almost died from laughter seeing the doc because it reminded me so much of what this bodyguard had said :roftl:

BTW I'm not sure everyone has heard the story we've been told by the security of the PDP so I think it's the right time to repeat it... even if it won't solve the tesco bag mystery :naughty:

Security guy speaking : "Who's the blondie who follows Mika everywhere with his videocamera ? Geee, I could swear the man even filmed the toilets! And you should have seen the scene when I first got here for the preparations. I met this weird looking guy on the way, riding around the stadium like mad on a kick scooter with a tiny red backbag. And this poor camguy was running after him with his camera on his shoulder... the poor lad. I only realized who they were when I later was introduced to Mika..."

I almost died from laughter seeing the doc because it reminded me so much of what this bodyguard had said :roftl:

excellent :roftl::roftl:

and I imagine Andy running after Mika :roftl:

:bow:thank you for sharing this, I can't stop laughing :roftl:

Poor Andy, Mika works him like a dog:roftl:

yeah I had too think about it too :roftl:

if someone is interested about packaging:

the box of the dvd pdp blu ray edition is a little shorter than the normal one...

but the artwork is as large as the normal one

so the sun is a almost ovale and M looks as tall as our beloved Cherisse :punk:

btw i'm not sure everyone has heard the story we've been told by the security of the pdp so i think it's the right time to repeat it... Even if it won't solve the tesco bag mystery :naughty:

Security guy speaking : "who's the blondie who follows mika everywhere with his videocamera ? Geee, i could swear the man even filmed the toilets! And you should have seen the scene when i first got here for the preparations. i met this weird looking guy on the way, riding around the stadium like mad on a kick scooter with a tiny red backbag. And this poor camguy was running after him with his camera on his shoulder... The poor lad. I only realized who they were when i later was introduced to mika..."

i almost died from laughter seeing the doc because it reminded me so much of what this bodyguard had said :roftl:

roflmao...............

the box of the dvd pdp blu ray edition is a little shorter than the normal one...

so the sun is a almost ovale and M looks as tall as our beloved Cherisse :punk:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

What have they done to Mika?:shocked:

:thumb_yello::naughty:

:lmfao: :lmfao: Priceless!!

so the sun is a almost ovale and M looks as tall as our beloved Cherisse

:shocked:

:lmfao:

:lmfao::lmfao:

That's just hilarious :roftl::roftl:

Well it's taken me a long time - but I have finally watched this DVD. And although I really enjoyed the documentary part, I found the concert itself to be a bit disappointing. I think Mika was trying so hard to make it a good show that the tension stopped him from performing at his best. He was out of breath from trying to get around the vast stage, and you could see he wasn't getting the feedback from the crowd that he usually thrives on.

I'm actually hoping that the recession will make it impossible for him to put on a gig like this again.

I know you probably all discussed this pages ago, so I won't go on.

I'm actually hoping that the recession will make it impossible for him to put on a gig like this again.

Wow that's a bit brutal. :shocked::naughty:

I sure won't be going to such a gig, but if 55,000 other people want to...

Poor Mika might be able to recoup some of his costs with a second gig so I wouldn't deprive him. I mean we wouldn't want the recession to eat into the champagne budget would we? :wink2:

I mean we wouldn't want the recession to eat into the champagne budget would we? :wink2:

Noooo. There's still 11,958 of us scattered all over the world who are hoping to one day enjoy the same privileges again. :naughty:

I've finally got the dvd, and watched it.

I really like the menu, although I found the trumpet (trombone?) playing clown a bit annoying at first:naughty:

I also loooooved the documentary. I watched it yesterday, and my grandma was here too, and she thought Mika was a scary bastard:naughty:

Nice to see Zuleika, Paloma and Fortuné too. And Yasmine ofcourse, who always looks lovely:wub2:

And also lovely to see Aurelien and Olga in the documentary.

During the concert, first I really tried to discover familiar faces in the crowd, but I failed. And later, I was just too focused on Mika, and what was happening on stage, that I didn't even pay attention to the audience anymore:naughty:

As for the concert:

I loved it! The singing could have been better, but I think that was just because he was so nervous. Also, the cameramen could have zoomed in less on Sara's ass, as everyone mentioned already.

I don't think he communicated less with the crowd than normally.

Yes, you couldn't hear the crowd that good, but I think they just recorded the sound of the microphone's, if you know what I mean.

I REALLY loved Rain, it sounded so different than the recording I've got on my mp3. I guess it was because of the quality.

I also really loved Happy Ending, and Any Other World.

I didn't really like the dragon, sorry Zuleika! I just think it didn't fit that well with the rest.

All with all, I really loved it.:thumb_yello:

[quote name=silver

I know you probably all discussed this pages ago' date=' so I won't go on.[/quote]

TopvCol put on utube a few hours ago sound only recordings of the PdesP show and it is brilliant :thumb_yello: : you can feel the vibes in the audience much better than on the dvd and, without the circus stuff on the way :bored: , thoroughly enjoy Mika's magnificent voice :bow: ... breaking from time to time with the pressure of the occasion but it's actually more touching :wub2: than annoying.

I like you, you're refreshingly self centered : wanting Mika to be unable to make his silly dreams come true for lack of money , that's so deliciously unPC :clap: ! Don't hold your breath, though :no: ... and remember he has promised us a few acoustic gigs in smaller theatres before the next album is out :dance_man: .

We may well have discussed the PdesP dvd ages and pages ago, it's always interesting to see a fan's opinion on this thread.

Cheers,

Id3