Movie thread

babuccia

Anyone read the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins?

Three books so far, I have to confess I haven't read the last one yet because I didn't like the second one as much as the first one. But anyhow it's going to be a movie from the books and there is a huge discussion on You Tube about the casting. It's quite funny but I think the decision about how is going to play Catniss is already made, at least according to IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/

[YOUTUBE]2szX6ClpNrA[/YOUTUBE]

These girls have really made an effort:

[YOUTUBE]Z_jw3z68TW0[/YOUTUBE]

Behind the scenes of their trailer:

[YOUTUBE]QgdU_xZgfek&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone read the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins?

Three books so far, I have to confess I haven't read the last one yet because I didn't like the second one as much as the first one. But anyhow it's going to be a movie from the books and there is a huge discussion on You Tube about the casting. It's quite funny but I think the decision about how is going to play Catniss is already made, at least according to IMDb:

Do you read a lot of scifi books, Sienna? I haven't read these, I don't usually read scifi or even fantasia, but my son just read all three books.

Do you read a lot of scifi books, Sienna? I haven't read these, I don't usually read scifi or even fantasia, but my son just read all three books.

No usually not, but we have like a small book circle in my family and with friends, where even some really young people are involved and this was recommended by one of the youngest. It's not an organised circle, we just buy and read books and let them circulate!:wink2: She loved it a lot and even wrote a book rapport about it in school so I was curious and decided to read it. I think these books are growing in to almost a cult amongst young people, you know like the books by Charlaine Harris (True Blood) and Stephenie Meyers (Twilight).

Some scifi I really like though, we have a couple great authors in that category, like Arthur C. Clarke and Ray Bradbury.

Fantasy, I don't know-it's a little "too easy"! hard to explain!:teehee:

I did read some of Terry Pratchett's books though but I'm not sure "I got it!"

No usually not, but we have like a small book circle in my family and with friends, where even some really young people are involved and this was recommended by one of the youngest. It's not an organised circle, we just buy and read books and let them circulate!:wink2: She loved it a lot and even wrote a book rapport about it in school so I was curious and decided to read it. I think these books are growing in to almost a cult amongst young people, you know like the books by Charlaine Harris (True Blood) and Stephenie Meyers (Twilight).

Some scifi I really like though, we have a couple great authors in that category, like Arthur C. Clarke and Ray Bradbury.

Fantasy, I don't know-it's a little "too easy"! hard to explain!:teehee:

I did read some of Terry Pratchett's books though but I'm not sure "I got it!"

Your book circle sounds a great idea! That way you can read books you wouldn't normally choose. Hubby likes fantasy, like George. R.R. Martin's books. He often recommends them to me, but I'm not that interested :teehee:

Haven't seen the ''Limitless'' yet but the Black Swan was surely nice...and the ending was especially striking :teehee:

Yes, the movie had quite an impact on us. My friend was immediately shocked and disturbed by what she saw. It wasn't until I got home that it hit me though :aah: I was in such a bad mood afterwards, wow! But yes, beautiful movie.

Figured out what movie I'm going to watch next! : The adjustment bureau :original: This first tagline made me decide: "Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us?" I LOVE all movies concerning destiny. And I like Emily Blunt too :thumb_yello:

Figured out what movie I'm going to watch next! : The adjustment bureau :original: This first tagline made me decide: "Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us?" I LOVE all movies concerning destiny. And I like Emily Blunt too :thumb_yello:

the idea of that movie is good but I'm afraid it didin't turn out that good in movie. Am I making sense? I mean It's like those movies which are better when the storyline is told by someone else then watched.:aah:

the idea of that movie is good but I'm afraid it didin't turn out that good in movie. Am I making sense? I mean It's like those movies which are better when the storyline is told by someone else then watched.:aah:

Yes I do know what you mean :teehee: Have you seen it already? I'm a bit hesitant because of Matt Damon. I can't help it, I'm not convinced by his acting... But I'm still too curious so I think I'll give it a go. (Plus I still have a free ticket to use :naughty:)

• 1 month later...

Just got home from scream 4 or scre4m if you will :mf_rosetinted: Loved it. If you like the genre you'll like it too :wink2: I know scream is like uncool or whatever but I don't care, I like it :teehee:

The bad thing though: Cox's altered face in mega close-up. Tssss, why did she do that to herself. My friend didn't even recognize her.

Edited by Droopsy

I just saw "Red Riding Hood": fantastic! I loved it. It was that kind of movie that keep you excited all the time :aah: And "Rio" was such a good movie too. My favorite actor is Colin Firth, and my favorite movies are Finding Nemo and Love Actually.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

george-clooney-the-descendents.jpg

Grim & Funny at the same time!

george-clooney-as-matt-king-in-the-descendants-e1318880126500.jpeg

and

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/thedescendants/

George Clooney in . . .

'THE DESCENDANTS'

descendants.jpg

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/movies/the-descendants-movie-review-trailer-trouble-in-paradise

Edited by A. Clay

Edit: CONGRATZ GEORGE, BEST ACTOR & BEST PICTURE, GOLDEN GLOPE AWARDS!

Hawaiian_Aloha.jpg

502acc209cc560ba712fcfbf9fe0304c.wix_mp

REVIEW:

George Clooney's Poignant 'The Descendants' One of Year's Best Films

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/national/foxnews/REVIEW-George-Clooneys-Poignant-The-Descendants-One-of-Years-Best-Films_26288529

Edited by A. Clay

What is it about?

Well.. Basically.. People have time numbers on their hands.. And it will start tickin' when you get 25 and after that you won't get older.. Then you're living as long as you have time on your hand etc..

[YOUTUBE]fdadZ_KrZVw[/YOUTUBE]

So, lately, I went to the cinema to watch "In Time" it's like.. INCREDIBLY , amazingly good movie !!!

In-time-poster.jpg

i love sci fi movies - have been waiting to see this since i first saw the trailer:thumb_yello:

Well.. Basically.. People have time numbers on their hands.. And it will start tickin' when you get 25 and after that you won't get older.. Then you're living as long as you have time on your hand etc..

[YOUTUBE]fdadZ_KrZVw[/YOUTUBE]

Oh wow! :shocked: Just my kind of movie! And a bunch of my favourite actors too! Thank you for the trailer, I'm definitely going to see it!:thumb_yello:

Great thread! :thumb_yello:

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this already, but this (The Science of Sleep) is one of my favourite films.

[YOUTUBE]GUCrM5i_W3c[/YOUTUBE]

The trailer is a bit cheesy, but the film itself is the sweetest I've ever seen! It's totally heartwarming but at the same time kind of sad. Nonetheless I always feel good after watching it. And hey, who doesn't love Gael García Bernal? :wub2:

Great thread! :thumb_yello:

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this already, but this (The Science of Sleep) is one of my favourite films.

[YOUTUBE]GUCrM5i_W3c[/YOUTUBE]

The trailer is a bit cheesy, but the film itself is the sweetest I've ever seen! It's totally heartwarming but at the same time kind of sad. Nonetheless I always feel good after watching it. And hey, who doesn't love Gael García Bernal? :wub2:

oooooh, thanks for reminding me of that one. i was planning on watching it sometime. i like charlotte gainsbourg a lot. and that other guy...:mf_rosetinted::wub2: