Hello

KIMMIE

My name is kimmie. My depression was really high around the late winter early spring of 2007. I was on the couch and could hardly move. My husband said "hey kim listen to this." it wasn't just one song that sparked me. It was one right after another. I have been a fan since. Which is weird because i make it a point not to idolize anything since duran duran but how could i not. When we are in nyc and we meet someone famous i am nice but refuse to overreact. However, if i met mika i would have to thank him for the music that got me through late winter early spring without harming myself. I would have to say i am usually a very happy human with a very positive additude. That was a very bad winter. Thanks for listening.

Kimmie

Edited by KIMMIE

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so new to this. Is it stupid to ask if he actually knows this web site is here? Also i am a 35yr old girl with a 19 yr old son. In mika's songs he seems to battle with acceptence from some family members. I am a very accepting human who finds differences beautiful. I feel sad when i hear some of his songs and wish i could have made him feel more comfortable in his family life. I would have been proud.

Welcome to the MFC! :bye:

Is it stupid to ask if he actually knows this web site is here?

Not a stupid question at all, feel free to ask us questions if you need to know anything about the forum, we'd be glad to help. And yes, Mika does know we exist.

I am so new to this. Is it stupid to ask if he actually knows this web site is here? Also i am a 35yr old girl with a 19 yr old son. In mika's songs he seems to battle with acceptence from some family members. I am a very accepting human who finds differences beautiful. I feel sad when i hear some of his songs and wish i could have made him feel more comfortable in his family life. I would have been proud.

The MFC is Mika's official fan club and he owns the website, so yes he knows we are here :naughty:.

There are lots of threads discussing Mika's lyrics and what they may mean.

You might like to read the FAQs (on the menu bar above). And you might like to drop in on the Oldlings thread (since I am afraid you qualify for membership) and say hello :bye:

We are here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18062

Edited by silver
Added link

wow, so excited you're here! mika's music has really helped me too, it's helped me through a lot of things i don't really like to talk about, but they were pretty tough and i might still be in a mess without him. Mika is like my angel, i turn on the CD and i know everything will be OK.

shoot, i sound cheesy. but i hope you'll love it here as much as i do, and i KNOW you will find just as many amazing friends!

My name is kimmie. My depression was really high around the late winter early spring of 2007. I was on the couch and could hardly move. My husband said "hey kim listen to this." it wasn't just one song that sparked me. It was one right after another. I have been a fan since. Which is weird because i make it a point not to idolize anything since duran duran but how could i not. When we are in nyc and we meet someone famous i am nice but refuse to overreact. However, if i met mika i would have to thank him for the music that got me through late winter early spring without harming myself. I would have to say i am usually a very happy human with a very positive additude. That was a very bad winter. Thanks for listening.

Kimmie

Welcome, Kimmie!

Yeah, Mika can make you feel better anytime! :wub2: Glad you found us, I'm sure you'll have fun here! :huglove:

Kimmie

Welcome Kimmie

Mika helped me through a difficult period of my life too :thumb_yello: He is the best kind of anti-depressant :naughty:

PS - you qualify for the oldlings thread so come and say Hi sometime

Edited by Naectegale