Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But really? Are you really following so many other artists like you do Mika?

Over the course of my life I've loved hundreds of musicians from many different countries but I don't care about the donkey on their Twitter page if you know what I mean.

It's not about art and music, it's about relating to them on some personal level and I just wouldn't relate to Mika if he was from an entirely different culture and I didn't easily grasp the nuance of what he was saying.

I'm not saying that other people couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't relate to him, I just find it interesting. I know what triggers my overinterest in celebrity personalities so I'm wondering what triggers it in other people.

I get your attitude, but it is completely different in comparison to mine. This what you wrote just improved your ethnocentric point of view.

English is not my mother tongue, nor I can relate to Anglo-american culture so easy at all. But, despite that I don't grasp such communication problems in particular because Mika is a pop star after all, not some philosopher or a writer. Only in that case the nuances would be necessary in order to understand everything they're talking about or doing.

Also, I'm not interested in him as a celebrity, although he really is that. I think that a certain feeling about his music and him as a person (even though it's perhaps only a fantasy) can be hardly expressed in any language. It is beyond the language, actually.

And I don't think you can easily separate his artistic persona from his "everyday" persona. That is what attracts me about him, on my personal level, in particular.:wink2:

No no one is forbidding you. :naughty: I'm just curious, that's all. Because I would not be on MFC if Mika wasn't Anglo/American. It doesn't matter that I still would have loved his music or even thought he seemed sweet or whatever. I just wouldn't be following him so closely that I would have gotten involved in a fan community.

That was meant in a figurative manner of speach. :naughty:

The girls from my age on here, like Carlota and Keti for example, always sound so intelligent using those difficult words and stuff, despite the fact English isn't their mother-tongue. It makes me jealous:naughty:

The girls from my age on here, like Carlota and Keti for example, always sound so intelligent using those difficult words and stuff, despite the fact English isn't their mother-tongue. It makes me jealous:naughty:

Shush you.:naughty: That's it: I sound intelligent. Doesn't mean I am haha:roftl:

Hehe, thank you :wink2: I'm trying so hard to impress you lol :roftl:

Maybe a fake announcement of tour dates on wikipedia? :fisch:

no way MFC'ers would kill me!

one shouldn't mess around about tourdates. album's title,songs,release dates are ok but tour dates??? i could get killed:roftl:

and no need to, one more tweet about his granny curls and i'm blocked!:naughty:

Please don't encourage her :naughty:

as if i need to be encouraged:rolls_eyes:

It will probably be Reykjavík, Antalya, Emerald City, Melbourne (:naughty:), Narnia, Hogwarts. :thumb_yello:

Dilek?

narnia!:lmfao:

and hogwarts for sure cuz he's the wizard after all!

antalya! cuz he simply loves me.

but Melbourne? really! noone would buy that:mf_rosetinted:

I'm more curious about Reykjavik :blink:

Right, Melbourne would give it all away. :lmfao:

But the rest would be nice. Imagine zillions of MFC people desperately checking out the rear panel of their wardrobes. :thumb_yello: